Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:57:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BRK] Breakout Coin | Sale June 13 2016 | Multicurrencies | Smart Contracts  (Read 243294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:00:36 AM

Kuriso is 100% right, if you are to greedy to understand that, you wont see my btc there. Its bad because i really like the concept but you cant make same mistakes as craig coins.

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Randy M Kim

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:18:46 AM

The "Bill Gates" argument is an exercise in absurdity for anyone intent of "scooping up" most of the coins could do it just the same during the ICO period. The same way that they could if the price is capped, so it is immaterial either way.

Now the 30 days ICO period is good and is bad. Some will not be interested in having the coins locked for that period. On the other hand,, many will be adjusting their investment along the 320 days depending on many factors, including availability of funds.

The only things I would implement if I were you is VIP coins, with privileges, which I have already pointed out before. Otherwise, this is going to be extremely successful and only limited by the limited availability of BTC in the crypto world that, at the moment, is quite stretched.

Anyone with a minimum investment acumen will see that this is by far the best long term investment ever to appear in crypto... regardless what the final price will be.

Nice to hear from you Barabbas.  You are one of the most critical knowledgeable informed investors on these forums and you've given our project an unequivocal endorsement.  Nice to hear.  Thank you
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:34:52 AM

2) More fair distribution vs price per coin.  There are only 4.5 millions BRO offered in the ICO and an uncapped ICO would not allow the Bill Gates to scoop up most or all of the coins
Not really.  'Bill Gates' or the 'whales' can still dump more btc than any other users and gain a higher % of the coins.

Example 1: If 10 people give 10btc or 1 btc each, it wont matter.  They each get 1/10th of the 4.5 million coins with equal buy-ins.  The only thing that changes is the theoretical market cap.  No 'Bill Gates' here but this will not happen either.

Example 2: If 9 people give 1btc and 1 person gives 10btc, the MC is 19btc or 236,842bro per btc.  9 people get 236,842bro and 1 person gets 2,368,420bro.  You have a 'Bill Gates'.

Example 3: If 100 people give an avg of .5btc each and 10 people give an average of 5btc each, you have a MC of 100 btc or 45,000bro per btc.  100 people get avg of 22,500bro each and 10 people get 225,000bro each.  Now you have 10 'Bill Gates'.

Of course these are over simplified but the idea is still the same no matter how many investors join or the amount of btc paid in.  You will always have a 'Bill Gates'.  The idea of an uncapped ICO not allowing a 'Bill Gates' is erroneous imho.

Thank you for pointing this out

3)  The assumption that uncapped ICO will generate money money than a capped ICO is erroneous imho

Really?  Did you see how much bitcoin the Ether project raised with their uncapped ICO?  An uncapped ICOs will most likely not benefit the investors unless very little bitcoin is paid in.  Based on past experiences, it will almost certainly only benefit you, the devs.

I also said in the same sentence

... In the end, if the project is sound then it will be supported by the community, and vice versa. 

Of course Ethereum was very successful because it has been a promising project.  There are so many other ICOs, both capped and uncapped that failed due to lack of vision/community support, etc..  This is the point that I was trying to make.

I sincerely thank you for an intelligent discussion. 

BreakoutGaming

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:48:20 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 11:26:59 PM by BreakoutGaming

Hello everyone,

We wanted to let the community know that we are listening to your comments.  The Breakout Team will be discussing over the next several days, several ways to reward potential "Coin Sale" participants.  However, we have to be careful not to upset the business model, as player acquisition and a growing user base is absolutely essential to the growth of the value of BRO.  

All comments positive or negative are welcome on this forum and will be taken into consideration, as we will be working closely with the community continually.

Thank you!

Breakout Team

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:50:11 AM

For everyone's sake, please reconsider "BRO"...  It is the complete opposite of the vibe you want to put off, I hope.

Don't trust any exchange!
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:53:29 AM

For everyone's sake, please reconsider "BRO"...  It is the complete opposite of the vibe you want to put off, I hope.

I know what you mean.  As soon as I saw that I just did one of those face palm things with the thought that it's a bunch of 20 somethings running the show that somehow think that will make them look like a serious coin.  But then again I tend to look at these things a lot differently than most it seems.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Randy M Kim

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:31:21 AM

Koontas .  I'm so sorry ! I kind of understand what you are saying. We have gone way too far with this branding to stop now.  The project the coin have gotten tremendous publicity already.  Please live with it and don't let the name dissuade you from joining us.
BreakoutCoin (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:32:32 AM

Will the amount of BTC raised be public so that investors can judge their potential holdings and cost per BRO?

yes, you will see something like this:

https://blockchain.info/unspent?cors=true&api_code=5b846ae8-eb56-4c14-aae9-bd13056b6df7&active=1LbqzdCCvMyXfJCzDGKaBaEK8CixYeoLrm

and it will be right there on the page when your buying.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jaybny

Activity: 410

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 04:33:15 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 04:52:47 AM by jaybny

-- I agree "BRO" is over the top.. everyone is just excited, its been a long wait.

-- Its Breakout Coin, its an alt-coin, with a marketing and distribution strategy and is tied to a global gaming startup with long time professionals.

--  Its not 100% pre-mined, its not going to be insta-mined, its not a pump and dump.

-- There is real innovation in Proof-of-Bergstake, the ico, the marketing, design, games, and more

-- we can set a price of the coin and have the total pre-mine uncapped like ethereum, or we can have the 4.5 million without a price.. in the end the ico investors will have the same percentage of the pre-mine.. the ICO is actually 45million milliBreakoutcoins, sound better?

-- I would assume they are trying to raise 8-15 thousand bitcoin. is the early bird incentive structure not common in regards to ico distribution?

-- the sale could always be stopped early, has happens many time on successful ICOs, however, in this case we really just want longer term investors that are looking to hold for months, we want investors that will actually be "mining" with their bergstake in 2016.

-- After the ICO, all holders are part of the breakout network and can vote for anything related to the coin.

rising tides gentlemen

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
Randy M Kim

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:43:51 AM

I know what you mean.  As soon as I saw that I just did one of those face palm things with the thought that it's a bunch of 20 somethings running the show that somehow think that will make them look like a serious coin.  But then again I tend to look at these things a lot differently than most it seems.

Okay point noted.  But with any investigation you will see that your assumption can't be further from the truth.  I'm far more proud of the project concept and team than the coin acronym.

jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 04:48:25 AM

Okay point noted.  But with any investigation you will see that your assumption can't be further from the truth.  I'm far more proud of the project concept and team than the coin acronym.

BRO is the ticker symbol. its breakout coin, or breakouts, or the coin formerly known as

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=BRO&insttype=&freq=2&show=&time=20

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:53:41 AM

The "Bill Gates" argument is an exercise in absurdity for anyone intent of "scooping up" most of the coins could do it just the same during the ICO period. The same way that they could if the price is capped, so it is immaterial either way.

Now the 30 days ICO period is good and is bad. Some will not be interested in having the coins locked for that period. On the other hand,, many will be adjusting their investment along the 320 days depending on many factors, including availability of funds.

The only things I would implement if I were you is VIP coins, with privileges, which I have already pointed out before. Otherwise, this is going to be extremely successful and only limited by the limited availability of BTC in the crypto world that, at the moment, is quite stretched.

Anyone with a minimum investment acumen will see that this is by far the best long term investment ever to appear in crypto... regardless what the final price will be.

Nice to hear from you Barabbas.  You are one of the most critical knowledgeable informed investors on these forums and you've given our project an unequivocal endorsement.  Nice to hear.  Thank you

Thank you Randy for the nice words.

I'll have to add though that my "endorsement" is not without some important caveats:

-- I believe the price of BRO in the markets will be highly manipulated by Breakout Gaming.

-- I have only seen a few snapshots of the actual platform. If the experience is not easy and rewarding, from the entertainment side of things, the potential success will be clearly diminished. Not having a working test one available is, in my opinion, a severe mistake that may reasonably hold out some big investors.

-- Bergstake and its liquidity remain a big not fully explained enigma. Additionally, the 7 million BRO that is going to be given away should not include Bergstake and those Bergstake should be destroyed to increase the value of the ones mined or obtained through the ICO.

Other than that, yes, this is a very interesting project that will make crypto history, I believe.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:03:15 AM

-- I believe the price of BRO in the markets will be highly manipulated by Breakout Gaming.

more like provide liquidity for. i just dont see the incentive.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:08:54 AM

I have explained it before a couple of times... adding that it isn't only legal but that if it was me I would use it as a souce of additional revenue:

Breakout Gaming through rakes, fees, buy ins, etc., will receive a lot of both fiat, BTC and BRO, along the huge amount it will have already through their 67% ownership of the coin. It WILL dump to replenish the reserves at will, thus sinking the market to buy cheaper. Whale action 101. The incentive will be significant from the get go but, as the success of the project augments, we are talking huge income on that manipulation alone. HUGE.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:23:10 AM

I have explained it before a couple of times... adding that it isn't only legal but that if it was me I would use it as a souce of additional revenue:

Breakout Gaming through rakes, fees, buy ins, etc., will receive a lot of both fiat, BTC and BRO, along the huge amount it will have already through their 67% ownership of the coin. It WILL dump to replenish the reserves at will, thus sinking the market to buy cheaper. Whale action 101. The incentive will be significant from the get go but, as the success of the project augments, we are talking huge income on that manipulation alone. HUGE.

there is no 67% coins - more like 11%

where do you think some of the 2.5 million is going?  the humans in the company are breakoutcoin stakeholders to. also the bergstake, gives incentive to keep prices stable.

its doesn't work like that, even if you can sell it down.. there wont be enough liquidity to buy it back at lower prices. Whale action 101? has this ever been verified? does this even work? they have looking into silver prices forever, and its still inconclusive, its not such a simple strategy.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:48:06 AM

where do you think some of the 2.5 million is going?  the humans in the company are breakoutcoin stakeholders to. also the bergstake, gives incentive to keep prices stable.

its doesn't work like that, even if you can sell it down.. there wont be enough liquidity to buy it back at lower prices. Whale action 101? has this ever been verified? does this even work? they have looking into silver prices forever, and its still inconclusive, its not such a simple strategy.

I won't argue the % because it is irrelevant to the subject of price manipulation. It works like this: You get inflows of fiat, BTC and BRO constantly, right?
You need a supply, on a given period, of let's say 100,000 BRO. You accumulate (through those inflows, plus your "11%"), 20 times as much. So the price, while you have been only buying (with the BTC and Fiat incoming), has been  rising, lets say to 1000 sat. You start dumping. And continue dumping. And continue dumping, as the price dives. You dump until it goes to 500, not just because you dump but because people panic sell. At 500, you start buying. And price goes back up. Rinse and repeat. Because you have unlimited reserves, you can do this at whatever scale the markets support. If Breakout gaming is successful, the level can be very, very high. And the frequency. The obvious purpose is to dump at a median price of 7 and buy back the same amount at the median price of 6. Thousands of times. Millions to be had. Whale 101.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 06:02:33 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 06:16:09 AM by jaybny

You start dumping. And continue dumping. And continue dumping, as the price dives. You dump until it goes to 500, not just because you dump but because people panic sell. At 500, you start buying. And price goes back up. Rinse and repeat.

what is your average selling price on the way down and what is your average buying price on the way back up? this is the only thing that determines alpha in this simple strategy. take a look at bottoms or lows at any free market. what do you notice?    

notice the volume spikes at the lows? this brings the vwap down on the way down and up on the way up.  prices move towards liquidity, not away from it. prices bottom when selling stops, the buyers at lows are not overwhelming, yet the snap back is so violent, simply due of lack of sellers. there is where liquidity in reality kills the backtested alpha.

this strategy has no alpha for the big player, maybe there are weak hands that capitulate at tops and bottoms, and this strategy works for a mid size player, by making an aggressive sell to start an avalanche of stops. the big player has better alpha providing heavy liquidly on both sides, and given that the gaming company wants to retain its players, and players don't like to be exposed to extreme volatility, i would say the alpha is in providing liquidity, rather then starting a panic.

BreakoutGaming

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:10:12 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 12:47:48 AM by BreakoutGaming

where do you think some of the 2.5 million is going?  the humans in the company are breakoutcoin stakeholders to. also the bergstake, gives incentive to keep prices stable.

I won't argue the % because it is irrelevant to the subject of price manipulation. It works like this: You get inflows of fiat, BTC and BRO constantly, right?
You need a supply, on a given period, of let's say 100,000 BRO. You accumulate (through those inflows, plus your "11%"), 20 times as much. So the price, while you have been only buying (with the BTC and Fiat incoming), has been  rising, lets say to 1000 sat. You start dumping. And continue dumping. And continue dumping, as the price dives. You dump until it goes to 500, not just because you dump but because people panic sell. At 500, you start buying. And price goes back up. Rinse and repeat. Because you have unlimited reserves, you can do this at whatever scale the markets support. If Breakout gaming is successful, the level can be very, very high. And the frequency. The obvious purpose is to dump at a median price of 7 and buy back the same amount at the median price of 6. Thousands of times. Millions to be had. Whale 101.

Barrabas,

We won't argue with your reasoning, but I will let you know this.  We will be working closely with the community throughout our entire project.  Our business plan is long-term.  We are not in this for the short run.  We want to end up competing with the likes of Pokerstars and Fanduel. The worst thing that can happen is for a player to buyin at a certain price and cashout at a lower price.  If that happens, we potentially lose a customer for life.  Our number one goal is to provide stability for the players, even if we occasionally have to take a loss, we will do what is necessary for the growth of our player base.

The worst thing we can do is to be short-sighted and think short term in terms of profits.  We will not shoot ourselves in the foot by hurting our own community.  We will be very active in these forums and will continue to communicate with our core investors and owners of Bergstake.  We appreciate all your constructive criticism and hope that you will continue to contribute to this forum so we can address the many concerns the Breakout community may have.  

████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:20:34 AM

You need to cap ICO because we will be Craiged. Too much investors= high price = drop :/

everyone should be careful of ICO at this time,
too much scamers!

exactly y im investing in bro.  its the only coin that has a real business plan and credible peeps baking it up. worthy
OK, I will keep eye on this coin ,too.
if the community prove it worthy ,I will join in.
ofortuna

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:56:52 AM

You need to cap ICO because we will be Craiged. Too much investors= high price = drop :/

everyone should be careful of ICO at this time,
too much scamers!

exactly y im investing in bro.  its the only coin that has a real business plan and credible peeps baking it up. worthy
OK, I will keep eye on this coin ,too.
if the community prove it worthy ,I will join in.

Hi nonlinearboy and welcome to our community!  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: