Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:46:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BRK] Breakout Coin | Sale June 13 2016 | Multicurrencies | Smart Contracts  (Read 243294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:45:16 PM

With a working prototype, this isn't going to be necessary. Let this ICO end at these prices and then come back and start at 2000 BRO/BTC. People will buy then, once they learn you have a functioning platform.

Lowering the price now isn't going to drive sales in the short term. People aren't buying because they don't know about the working tech, not because BRO is too expensive.
Please don't change the current pricing structure!

Too late.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BreakoutCoin (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:47:44 PM

For those who are interested, we have a demo video of our poker on a test server.  Please be advised, this is an early sample and NOT a final product.  We are testing the functionality and will make leaps of improvement in design once we are confident the software is reliable.

Sample Video
http://vimeo.com/112364242

I like this video and recent update with real info about the development. The software looks very good. I especially like Paul's JTo river bluff at 1:30 in the vid Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I was an earlier investor but actually like the idea of prolonging the 5000 buy in phase as I am more concerned with the project progressing and being successful than I am with being one of a select few with a very oversized early bird incentive. Especially as the funds so far haven't been as much as would be expected for such a large scale project.

I would ask for more details on when we will actually get our coins or when the second phase is due to commence/end as soon as you have decided upon any of these dates.

Thank you for your support.  I do believe that you understand what we are trying to convey to all the participants in the coin sale.  A healthy coin sale benefits ALL the participants.  Being underfunded does not make this project more attractive.  The added incentive all the participants are receiving does not dilute your existing percentages.  The 10m total BRO for sale will not change under any circumstances.

Even though changing price may upset some, lets look it at different perspective. Its better for all of us if BG gets more funds with second round of ICO. So i agree with ILoseAtPoker!

Thanks, nothing has changed.  All the early investors are getting rewarded heavily.  The total amount of coins has not changed from 10m.  We are only giving a last minute incentive for people who may have been sitting on the fence to get on board.

The spread to the second coin sale will be significant.  First phase coin sale participants will all be in a good position once the coin launches.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████
tx42

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:48:21 PM

Even though changing price may upset some, lets look it at different perspective. Its better for all of us if BG gets more funds with second round of ICO. So i agree with ILoseAtPoker!

If they have a working platform they don't need to lower the price. This change was ill conceived and penalizes early investors because of the BTC price drop.

The BRO team needs to change the reward for the earliest levels, up to and including the previous offering at 5k.

There is no way investors now should be rewarded relative to investors who bought a couple of weeks ago.

BreakoutCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:02:26 AM

I'm sure glad this is all archived...

Now taking screen shots of the past 20 pages.  This will be fun in the future.  

Check your PM

████BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████
BreakoutCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:10:09 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 01:02:53 AM by BreakoutCoin

Hello everyone, we did not expect such a negative response to an incentive that we thought would spark more interest.  We can adjust the changes if the community feels strong about it.  

There was not much participation after the level dropped below 5000.  We wanted to offer an incentive for some people that may have been sitting on the fence.  We can cancel the bonus if the existing community that have been with us feels strongly about this.  

The change was meant to be a nice gesture, not in any way was it done out of greed.  We are  already way below our targeted range.  The coins was going to be sold "privately" or through the coin sale.  We thought it wold be cool to offer it to you guys and give a nice incentive before we closed out the first phase.

The change is NOT necessary and if you want it to remain at this level, then we have no problem with it.  We do understand your point of view.

qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:16:22 AM

Hello everyone, we did not expect such a negative response to an incentive that we thought would spark more interest.  We can adjust the changes if the community feels strong about it. 

There was not much participation after the level dropped below 5000.  We wanted to offer an incentive for some people that may have been sitting on the fence.  We can cancel the bonus if the existing community that have been with us feels strongly about this. 

No need anymore...leave it like this but stop changing everything like this.

Answer one question, what happens with unsold coins?
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:18:58 AM

I can't help but wonder how people will see themselves as 'investors' and yet have such reactionary tempers to a relatively modest change in terms. Refunds have always been available, so if unhappy, by all means go ahead and exercise your right to a refund.
Term changes have been generally presented as final, unless, as above, these were met with strong opposition by the community. Similarly, previous changes were generally well accepted (though not without minor opposition as well), and thus have persisted.

Can we focus on making sure that:
a) this project succeeds
b) early investors have an edge
c) late investors still have an opportunity ahead

If we all start obsessing over b), we will collectively ruin our changes of meeting a).
Have a think. Best of luck to all!  

flash11

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:21:47 AM

The price should remain now like this, since 100 more BTC were added to the funding in the past 2 hours.
Early investors get still 6600 BROs per BTC, not 5000. It is still a difference. Also, at the same time, there were buyers who took their part in when the BTC was $400+ (few, but they were). Like this is good i think. One day is left, the coins will still be out there, no matter how...

Eventually the early investors could get a small bonus also since the risk was higher though, not saying no to that  Smiley
BreakoutCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:26:08 AM

Hello everyone, we did not expect such a negative response to an incentive that we thought would spark more interest.  We can adjust the changes if the community feels strong about it. 

There was not much participation after the level dropped below 5000.  We wanted to offer an incentive for some people that may have been sitting on the fence.  We can cancel the bonus if the existing community that have been with us feels strongly about this. 

I could hardly believe that your team can make a huge thing. Because you are changing the rules all the time, unilaterally, not just once or twice.
In my opinion, you can just announce this project failed, and refund all the money to us investors.

To be frank, we thought that we were giving existing participants and people sitting on a fence a nice last minute gesture to get more coins at a higher bonus level before the first coin sale ended.  The amount of btc raised is well below our stated goal.  The remaining shortfall will have been sold to "private" investors to make up the difference.  This was stated in the beginning of the announcement.  We thought this was something the community would like.   Huh

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:32:54 AM

Hello everyone, we did not expect such a negative response to an incentive that we thought would spark more interest.  We can adjust the changes if the community feels strong about it.  

There was not much participation after the level dropped below 5000.  We wanted to offer an incentive for some people that may have been sitting on the fence.  We can cancel the bonus if the existing community that have been with us feels strongly about this.  

I could hardly believe that your team can make a huge thing. Because you are changing the rules all the time, unilaterally, not just once or twice.
In my opinion, you can just announce this project failed, and refund all the money to us investors.

To be frank, we thought that we were giving existing participants and people sitting on a fence a nice last minute gesture to get more coins at a higher bonus level before the first coin sale ended.  The amount of btc raised is well below our stated goal.  The remaining shortfall will have been sold to "private" investors to make up the difference.  This was stated in the beginning of the announcement.  We thought this was something the community would like.   Huh

I'll vote to keep it at 5,000... and now will invest even more! Great idea coz really it helps to have as many people invest now as possible to get the project going

ownerbest

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:35:41 AM

To be frank, we thought that we were giving existing participants and people sitting on a fence a nice last minute gesture to get more coins at a higher bonus level before the first coin sale ended.  The amount of btc raised is well below our stated goal.  The remaining shortfall will have been sold to "private" investors to make up the difference.  This was stated in the beginning of the announcement.  We thought this was something the community would like.   Huh

Please just ignore me, maybe you are right. I just don't like people changing terms frequently, especially for serous things.
Wish you guys succeed.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
bitarri

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:38:28 AM

The change was meant to be a nice gesture, not in any way was it done out of greed.  We are  already way below our targeted range.  The coins was going to be sold "privately" or through the coin sale.  We thought it wold be cool to offer it to you guys and give a nice incentive before we closed out the first phase.

The change is NOT necessary and if you want it to remain at this level, then we have ni problem with it.  We do understand your point of view.

This sudden time and price change is not sitting well with the majority of investors.

I vote to maintain previous pricing structure 6600-3000.

It's enough that this "extra" day is allowing these "last minute investors" to participate in the ICO. You can always award them extra coins from Devs' 2.5M share for their recent "sizable investments".
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:40:00 AM

Just an idea but maybe you should have asked them first. Now there are 100 extra BTC in the pot after the countdown was over on the OP. The point is and this has been mentioned over and over again that you dont change the terms of a coin sale early, mid and at the end because its not going as well as you hoped. Of course the guys who stumped up their BTC on the first days will be pissed.  Considering all the scams that have been going on here, they took a huge risk in supporting this.
Risk = reward and all that
blue_wave

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:41:28 AM

To be frank, we thought that we were giving existing participants and people sitting on a fence a nice last minute gesture to get more coins at a higher bonus level before the first coin sale ended.  The amount of btc raised is well below our stated goal.  The remaining shortfall will have been sold to "private" investors to make up the difference.  This was stated in the beginning of the announcement.  We thought this was something the community would like.   Huh

Please just ignore me, maybe you are right. I just don't like people changing terms frequently, especially for serous things.
Wish you guys succeed.

Just wanted to reply - you would be suprised how many changes big businesses have to make to become succesfull. And from my experience things rarely go as planned! Then, think about Crypto  Grin
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:52:09 AM

Wish you guys succeed.

Just wanted to reply - you would be suprised how many changes big businesses have to make to become succesfull. And from my experience things rarely go as planned! Then, think about Crypto  Grin

Exactly - it works to everyone's benefit in the end

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:53:00 AM

Wish you guys succeed.

Wow 20 posts out of your 22 in this thread and no negatives. At least make an effort.
blue_wave

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:08:14 AM

Wish you guys succeed.

Wow 20 posts out of your 22 in this thread and no negatives. At least make an effort.

Sorry, I will try. As soon as i find something i really dont like i will start SCREAMING LIKE CRAZY!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
bitarri

Activity: 180

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:32:02 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2014, 08:31:32 AM by bitarri

Wish you guys succeed.

Sorry, I will try. As soon as i find something i really dont like i will start SCREAMING LIKE CRAZY!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

As you may already know, I believe 100% in BRO project, but this kind of scenario should be avoided:

Whale: I finally believe in this project & I want to invest 100 btc, but my funds won't arrive until 1 day after ICO end.
Devs: Great! we'll extend deadline by another day to accommodate you.  
Whale: Alright, my funds just arrived, but I'm not investing until you lower the price for me!  
Devs: I guess we can announce a last day sale at 5000  

Community: WTF just happened ?  Shocked

Extending the ICO time to allow this group or individual to participate is already an injury, but lowering the price just for them is certainly adding insult to injury.

IMHO, by changing the price from 3000 to 5000, you're taking 100btc x (5000-3000) = 200,000 BRO from entire ICO share (10M) and awarding it to this group or individual while you could have simply taken those 200K BRO from Devs share.

I'm sure this was well intentioned to raise more funds, but it's not good if you want current & future investors to trust you with the long term management of Giveaways's fund (7M)

I suggest you revert to the old pricing to keep it fair for everyone. As I said, you can always award this latest group or individual with extra coins from your Dev share.

Edit: My theory is flawed. The Devs response about the timeline is reasonable.
BreakoutCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:41:21 AM

Wish you guys succeed.

Sorry, I will try. As soon as i find something i really dont like i will start SCREAMING LIKE CRAZY!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

As you may already know, I believe 100% in BRO project, but this kind of scenario should be avoided:

Whale: I finally believe in this project & I want to invest 100 btc, but my funds won't arrive until 1 day after ICO end.
Devs: Great! we'll extend deadline by another day to accommodate you.  
Whale: Alright, my funds just arrived, but I'm not investing until you lower the price for me!  
Devs: I guess we can announce a last day sale at 5000  

Community: WTF just happened ?  Shocked

Extending the ICO time to allow this group or individual to participate is already an injury, but lowering the price just for them is certainly adding insult to injury.

IMHO, by changing the price from 3000 to 5000, you're taking 100btc x (5000-3000) = 200,000 BRO from entire ICO share (10M) and awarding it to this group or individual while you could have simply taken those 200K BRO from Devs share.

I'm sure this was well intentioned to raise more funds, but it's not good if you want current & future investors to trust you with the long term management of Giveaways's fund (7M)

I suggest you revert to the old pricing to keep it fair for everyone. As I said, you can always award this latest group or individual with extra coins from your Dev share.

bitarri, we do appreciate your continued support.  The timeline you are suggesting is incorrect.  We always had the intention to end on the 20th of November.  When the bonus levels were dropping every 48 hours, the block rewards for bitcoin were constantly changing and we made several changes during that time to adjust for the 48 hrs timeline.  Same thing here, at certain times the clock estimated to close on time and others it was too early.  We wanted to keep the end day on the 20th.  Nothing more, nothing less.

As for your whale theory, the goal that we wanted to raise was 700 btc.  We announced early that if we fell short, that we would do a private sale.  There is no rush for a private investor to contact us, because we reserve the right to raise the difference if the crypto community falls short of that amount. This has been known and repeated several times. Hence, there is no need to extend the sale or raise it to appease a buyer.  

The bottom line is this.  We thought it was a nice gift to existing participants and new buyers alike to get a nice bonus before it closed.  Nothing more, nothing less. In truth, we had no idea if there would be any more traction with the change anyways, considering the last week. No additional coins were being created and nobody's share is getting diluted.  We are offering more coins from the original 10m coins we need to sell in order to fund our project.  Nobody is getting hurt but ourselves.  Again, we repeat, this was meant purely as a nice gesture, but got twisted and spun another way.  Anybody that wants a refund, we will refund your btc account after the coin sale closes shortly.

tx42

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 03:50:09 AM

The change was meant to be a nice gesture, not in any way was it done out of greed.  We are  already way below our targeted range.  The coins was going to be sold "privately" or through the coin sale.  We thought it wold be cool to offer it to you guys and give a nice incentive before we closed out the first phase.

The change is NOT necessary and if you want it to remain at this level, then we have ni problem with it.  We do understand your point of view.

The way to do it is to release the video now to drive some sales and see what happens.

You changed 2 variables at one time and annoyed everyone who invested on or before the 5500 level.

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: