Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:32:00 PM

Starting Bid - 200m
The Grand Hotel 2nd Company - 14 18 Strength Points - updated after promotions

Current Bid
     200m - The Marquess of Soul

220Mm

280Mm

Current top bid is 300 from Soul.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:34:09 PM

Starting Bid - 100m
The Grand Hotel 1st Company - 9 11 Strength Points - updated after promotions

Current Bid
     100m - Master Noms

125M

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:17:14 PM

The final ancient years: 1599

New characters, and Gold

No new Ancient characters will ever more be created. Each of the 45 Most Ancient characters and 47 Ancient characters have received their badge and are entitled to use TMA and TA in front of their title, provided that they have a title (Master is the lowest rank that is considered a title). If the future title is a noble title, but the ennobling did not happen during the Ancient era, the letters TMA/TA may not precede the noble title. (Eg. TMA Marquess of Ramsey, because his ennobling happened during the Most Ancient era, which ended in 1500, although he was promoted Marquess later, but TA Sir Cryptoknight, The Earl of Belgium, because Cryptoknight was not ennobled during the Ancient era, yet is an Ancient character.)

New characters may still be added to the current Char DB, but only for the purposes of buying CKG until the exchange listing starts. They are not allowed to make any other transactions, such as buying land.

All of the Ancient gold has been mined, and new gold will only very slowly be created as Proof-of-Play in the Online version.

The price of gold has experienced a surge after the initial emission ended (similar to what happened when the emission halved a few months ago). What is more, the King only holds 509k gold now (32k is earmarked to be the final payment of the development of the Online version), which means that the rule-bound distribution of "half of the gold" will soon end.

Ancient buildings

Ancient building projects may only be entered to the DB for a few more hours, and by HM/Roo/Jacket ONLY. They will still have the pipeline of designed buildings to empty, consisting of the following projects, which will be added asahp:
- A very large church in the 24 q lot in 5-C
- 3 towers 2x3 q each for Soul and Tavastia in 2-E
- A 18 q palatial development for OZ in 2-C/S
- A mimic of the Palace of Culture and Science for OZ in 3-W
- Fluffy Pony Horse Preservation Institute in 2-C
- The Marquess of Arda Botanical Gardens in 1-NE

No other projects will be accepted.

Ancient Promotions

The Marquess of Soul has been promoted Prince. "The Most Ancient Prince is one of the most old-time characters in the game, he started playing the first day when characters (other than the designers HM The King and HG TMA Bishop, The Marquess d'Armagnac, Councillor, AOD-Maj, MG-3) were accepted, the game year 1418. He is the oldest character by game age (notwithstanding the ephemereal Wizard, Zenon the Sorcerer of course), at 238 years of game age and 57 years of physical age. Apart from the King and the Town, he is the largest landowner, and his gold holdings are surpassed only by the King and HH The CEO, TMA Prince of Forte Spagnolo, MG-3. The main building of the University carries his name because he donated the majority of the building cost."

The Earl of Cryptoluna has been promoted Marquess. "The Most Ancient Marquess joined the game the first day, and has since held record positions in the economy. He has administred the University as Chancellor for more than a century, and during the recent years it has started to provide tangible scientific and cultural bonus to the Kingdom as well. As a special honor pertaining to his position as Chancellor, he is from now on properly addressed as HE, His Excellency (direct address YE, Your Excellency, later: "Sir"). As the prudent might have noticed, Dukes in the Kingdom, as well as the CEO are styled HH, His Highness, and Princes, along with high officials, are HE. The Bishop is HG, His Grace."

Master noms has been ennobled (Baron, L9). "2 characters have started the game as Earls, and 2 as Barons. All of these happened in 1400-1420, and they currently hold ranks between Marquess and Duke. Apart from them, TA Lord noms has made it from start to nobility the fastest, in only 9 years, beating smooth's previous record of 10 years. The rank of Baron was eventually awarded to every Ancient character who held at least 4,000 gold. In the Online version, about 5% of the characters are planned to be Barons or higher. Currently we have 28 Barons or higher, which is actually below target due to the 1,600 NPCs who are not eligible to become nobles. In the roleplay version, starting from v.6: Skills and Businesses, the NPC's will be gradually replaced by commoner PC's with their unique skills. Becoming Baron in that era is not impossible, rather it is the initial step for advancing in Nobility, with the most skillful reaching the rank L14 (Grand Duke/Duchess, Grand Prince/Princess, Royal Duke/Duchess), and eventually be selected as the Heir to the Throne. From v.5: Economy onwards, men are mortal, and once great characters will live forever in the Halls of Fame alone. We wish the best to Lord Baron noms!"

Promotions in the Ancient Order of the King

HH The CEO, The Prince of Forte Spagnolo has been knighted in the AOK to the rank of Sergeant, and given the emblems of the Knighthood weighing 250 gold.

The Ancient Order of the King was established in 1400 upon the ascension of His Majesty rpietila I, etc. The Knighthood is limited to 24 players and divided to the ranks of Grandmaster, Commander, Sergeant and Knight. The first Knight was the then Sir David, The Earl d'Armagnac (now: HG The Bishop) in 1434. Currently the Order has 12 members. The membership has so far been given to outstanding admins in the game, and is accompanied by a gift of 100-500 gold.

AOK-GM (1400) HM The King
AOK-C (1583, 1468) Dame Roopatra
AOK-S (1583) HE The Prince of North Face
AOK-S (1599) HH The CEO
AOK-K (1434) HG The Bishop
AOK-K (1460) HH The Duke of New Liberty
AOK-K (1468) HE The Chancellor
AOK-K (1468) Sir Luigi
AOK-K (1468) Lord Febo
AOK-K (1525) Sir Pablo
AOK-K (1525) Lord sXpher
AOK-K (1532) The Marquess of Ramsey
(12 vacancies)

Farewell, my loving people.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:33:16 PM

Master noms has been ennobled (Baron, L9). "2 characters have started the game as Earls, and 2 as Barons. All of these happened in 1400-1420, and they currently hold ranks between Marquess and Duke. Apart from them, TA Lord noms has made it from start to nobility the fastest, in only 9 years, beating smooth's previous record of 10 years. The rank of Baron was eventually awarded to every Ancient character who held at least 4,000 gold. In the Online version, about 5% of the characters are planned to be Barons or higher. Currently we have 28 Barons or higher, which is actually below target due to the 1,600 NPCs who are not eligible to become nobles. In the roleplay version, starting from v.6: Skills and Businesses, the NPC's will be gradually replaced by commoner PC's with their unique skills. Becoming Baron in that era is not impossible, rather it is the initial step for advancing in Nobility, with the most skillful reaching the rank L14 (Grand Duke/Duchess, Grand Prince/Princess, Royal Duke/Duchess), and eventually be selected as the Heir to the Throne. From v.5: Economy onwards, men are mortal, and once great characters will live forever in the Halls of Fame alone. We wish the best to Lord Baron noms!"

Your Majesty, I cannot begin express my gratitude for being ennobled at such an early stage in my gamelife. Since I first laid eyes on the Kingdom I knew I had stumbled upon something great. I see many happy years in front of all of us, and many new ideas coming forth. I would like to raise a flagon to all who have been of help to me and all the other new peasants of this game. Here here!

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 12:33:14 AM

Your Majesty, I cannot begin express my gratitude for being ennobled at such an early stage in my gamelife. Since I first laid eyes on the Kingdom I knew I had stumbled upon something great. I see many happy years in front of all of us, and many new ideas coming forth. I would like to raise a flagon to all who have been of help to me and all the other new peasants of this game. Here here!

One of the privileges of Nobility which also reoccurs at every advancement through its ranks, is the ability to enter The Noble Palace as well as own shares in The Most Ancient Noble Palace Corporation. 

The price and value of these shares appreciates with both time and the price of CK Gold, which of late has been rising. 

Shares are purchasable only by members of the Nobility and Knights (as the palace overlooks the Jousting Grounds and provides a most opulent catered viewing environment for the games there).
At each level of advancement starting from level 8 you have the option of purchasing one share, 2 at 9, 4 at 10, 8 at 11, etc.
Shares are currently at 5.97Mm each.

The Noble Palace is a grand shared venue for entertaining amongst all its members.  Centrally located this palace faces the Obelisk and HM's Palace, has well lit Southern Amber Room Galleries, Meeting rooms, chapel, library, and is one of the social centers of the nobility to hold court and conduct the business of the city in comfort and splendor.   

It hosts regular meetings of "The Circle" which is a forum for presenting the current discoveries of the age, and boasts one of the more comfortable spaces for formal and casual encounters along with the delightful musical stylings of the renowned minstrel, Steppenwolf, some of whose performances and melodies of the chamber may be heard whilst enjoying the fine food and drink or other repast:

http://picosong.com/LLcH/
https://filetea.me/t1sAqophQkgQwqdo1mPxYtTzA
https://filetea.me/t1s7VhZq3EPQKShfRKo5EmRrQ
https://filetea.me/t1szGSxO51rRPOk7UtFGu5tag

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 12:35:00 AM

Starting Bid - 200m

Current Bid

220Mm

280Mm

330Mm

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
sphericon

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:59:21 AM

I'll take 2 shares, NewLiberty Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:17:53 AM

Starting Bid - 200m

Current Bid

220Mm

280Mm

330Mm

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:08:51 PM

A very hot tip for all Earls & Higher (and the aspirants of course)

During Ancient era, which closes in a few hours as I change the year to 1600, you should consider starting to train an army company.

Why?

- You cannot collect taxes without one
- When it is not collecting taxes, it can do guard duty => $$
- Ancient companies have a prestige bonus
- Longer training time yields better troops
- You get promoted yourself, meaning that not only you have a LT or 2, but yourself you become a CAPT as well, this being the first instance of the skill system to be started in Version 6: Skills and Businesses.

A company is a formation with minimum 8 NPC troops, including officer(s).

Hot tip is only available for those who read the thread actively, sorry for the others  Cry

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:25:45 PM

Hot tip is only available for those who read the thread actively, sorry for the others  Cry
And this is great way to encourage reading, visibility, adoption...

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:59:59 PM

And this is great way to encourage reading, visibility, adoption...

Another one:

The Prince of Soul, The Marquess of Tavastia, Lord noms and myself have speculatively cornered all the land in the Borough 5.

The borough is prime in many ways, for example it is the closest Ancient borough in distance to the Old Town, where the land is habitually asked 200 mil/q and more. Currently 5 is almost unbuilt, but it does have a Town Registry in a classical building, and rumors say that when the great church there is completed, Cryptoland will be promoted to an Archbishopry by the Most Catholic leader, with the new church possibly becoming Cathedral.

No new land will be available until in Version 5: Economy (6+ weeks from Version 4: Online). The purchase of the remaining chapelries in Borough 3 where there still are some available, might pay off handsomely even in the near future, with their possibilities of becoming quarrying sites (Version 5) or immediate selling as lots to the new players (Version 4).

In Version 5, the Town will open as many Boroughs as needed and sell the land at 1,000 mil / chapelry. But these will be further and further away from action, have less stone in them, and - be available only in Version 5  Cheesy

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:12:02 PM

RWWC is out of Windows!  Shocked

The recent development of Triple Towers in 2-E added 6,000+ sqm to the Town floor area (more than 4x the Royal Palace), but also consumed 1731 sqm of windows, emptying the stock of RWWC, the monopoly window making company. The rest of the Ancient buildings may have windows, but the money does not go to RWWC, rather to the greedy merchants of Rouen (=> town).

In anticipation of increased demand in the Economy era, RWWC is interested in buying the lots 2-W-V11 and/or V12, to develop the existing industry there in a compact campus.

RWWC also has 200 SCI points, which in the recent auction fetched about 1.0 mil per, but we are selling the whole lot for 160 mil to the fastest taker, or 1 million per unit. The proceeds go to enlargement of windows production (to state the obvious).

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:17:51 PM

After reading pages and pages, and googling with different key words, I still can't find WHERE to sign up or play the game.

This kind of basic info really should be easier to find.
Ale

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:23:04 PM

RWWC is out of Windows!  Shocked

The recent development of Triple Towers in 2-E added 6,000+ sqm to the Town floor area (more than 4x the Royal Palace), but also consumed 1731 sqm of windows, emptying the stock of RWWC, the monopoly window making company. The rest of the Ancient buildings may have windows, but the money does not go to RWWC, rather to the greedy merchants of Rouen (=> town).

In anticipation of increased demand in the Economy era, RWWC is interested in buying the lots 2-W-V11 and/or V12, to develop the existing industry there in a compact campus.

RWWC also has 200 SCI points, which in the recent auction fetched about 1.0 mil per, but we are selling the whole lot for 160 mil to the fastest taker, or 1 million per unit. The proceeds go to enlargement of windows production (to state the obvious).

Earl of nassau would like to buy the lot.
sphericon

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:57:39 PM

After reading pages and pages, and googling with different key words, I still can't find WHERE to sign up or play the game.

Above the fold in OP. Join us Smiley

- Characters do not need to hold a balance when they start, in other words it is absolutely free to start, and you gain freebies from other players for being so courageous. PM any of the admins, your nick, age and sex, and you are in the game! Or join ##crypto-kingdom in freenode IRC.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:35:48 PM

Hi, please PM me with your character's desired name, age, and sex and I will add you to the database.

The Ancient era has ended while we await the launch of the online version, coming soon, but you can still make deposits to your account and purchase gold (CKG) if so desired.

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:43:41 PM

Very cool idea, never heard it before, very cool combination. Too bad you only promote monero and not multible cryptocurrencies.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:54:16 PM

The Royal CryptoArmy

In anticipation of the increasing use for the Army and the rumored Ancient company bonuses, many new companies have been commissioned in these final years.

Our Army consists of 27 companies, of which 12 are Most Ancient, and the soldiers fight extra fiercefully to protect their more than a century-old battle standards. The total strength is 226 men and officers, but the value of the companies is in their Combat strength, which happens to sum to 226 points as well.

The exact rules of the Army subgame are tba, yet we take this opportunity to boast of our military strenght and its great leaders here.

In total, we have
- 1 general (GEN)
- 6 colonels (COL)
- 4 lieutenant-colonels (LTC)
- 8 majors (MAJ)
- 26 captains (CAPT)
- 60 lieutenants (LT)

To illustrate the value of the army, a company with only 7 promoted soldiers, including a COL, was recently transferred to another lord for 450 million.

HM The King (GEN) - Supreme Commander of the Army

Commands 8 companies with 1 COL, 4 MAJ, 8 CAPT and 83 Strength points.
(Only HM is currently allowed to have Cannons, of which an undisclosed number is hosted in the Citadel)

HH The Duke of New Liberty (COL)

Commands 3 companies with 1 MAJ, 6 CAPT and 34 Strength points.

HE The Prince of Soul (COL)

Commands 2 companies with 1 COL, 1 MAJ and 21 Strength points.

Sir Ale, The Earl of Nassau (COL)

Commands 1 company with 1 LTC and 14 Strength points.

HE The Prince of OZ (COL)

Commands 1 company with 1 LTC and 14 Strength points.

HE The Prince of North Face (LTC)

Commands 1 company with 1 MAJ, 1 CAPT and 15 Strength points.

Sir James (LTC)

Commands 1 company with 1 CAPT and 7 Strength points.

HG The Bishop (MAJ)

Commands 1 company with 1 CAPT and 7 Strength points.

HH The CEO, Prince of Forte Spagnolo (CAPT)
The Marquess of Ramsey (CAPT)
HE The Chancellor, The Marquess of CryptoLuna (CAPT)
Lord Riddick (CAPT)

Each command 1 company with 4 Strength points.

The Marquess of Tavastia
Sir Heimo
Lord Sphericon
Cryptoknight
Knight Gabriel

Each command 1 company with 3 Strength points.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:59:33 AM

The Most Urbanized Chapelries

The total built area of the Town is 105,388 sqm, with a few more Ancient buildings to come.

The most tightly built chapelries in the town are:
1-C   11,795 sqm   Old Town Centre
1-E   10,825 sqm   Culture Square
2-C   9,190 sqm   Trust in Economy Square
2-E   8,484 sqm   Triple Towers
3-W   7,747 sqm   Portal
1-N   6,975 sqm   King's Park
1-SE   6,466 sqm   Village
3-C   5,205 sqm   Palace of Culture & Science
1-S   5,179 sqm   New Liberty
1-W   5,145 sqm   Citadel

Altogether, these 10 chapelries that represent only 19% of the land area, account for 73% of the floor area.

53% of all buildings are still in the Old Town, but it is quickly becoming full. 1-SW is the chapelry with the most space left.

It is up to anybody's skill to evaluate where the land that HM originally sells to the town at 3.33 mil/q and the town sells it by chapelry at 6.67 mil/q, the fastest becomes worth 200+ mil/q, as the prestigious sites in the Old Town already are. (Historical note: In the 1400s, up to 3 q from King's Park was given for free to anyone who would care to build there (similar to Swamp now). The 1-W was sold at 7 mil/q and the lots lining the Jousting Ground were auctioned and barely catched the minimum bid of 10 mil/q. The 25-50 q haws in 1-S, now worth thousands, were actually given for free to the most prominent players. On the other hand, TIE haw was sold for 5,000 mil, and the initial price for some lots in the 1-E was more than 100 mil/q already in the early 1500s.)

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:10:39 AM

I have a question/idea, I'm not sure where to post. Hopefully it's okay here.

Since this is a game, and not simply an exchange, would it be possible, perhaps at some point in the future, to add an option within the game to directly buy ckg/xmr through the game? I mean it probably wouldn't require KYC and all that stuff. Entropia Universe is an example of what I'm talking about. Their game currency is pegged to real currency, and you can exchange it for euros/USD whenever you want, but it's a game, so I don't think the rules are so tight.

I imagine if someone finds the game and they're interested, they'd be much more willing to pay if there was an easy option, rather than having to fill out forms and forms, waiting for days, and then having to exchange fiat to bitcoin then to xmr and finally sending it to the game.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: