Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:52:07 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2017, 08:38:29 AM by rpietila

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:52:36 PM

As as was telling you in Poloniex chat, if you need any beta testers let me know. Smiley
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:55:14 PM

Finally, the MEW does something which is extremely awesome... Shocked

"Finally" is right! After years of dicking around it's about time those MEW folks pull their weight!

Centuries, at least. That explains the fascination with medieval themes.

Quanttek

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:02:45 PM

I can see your love for for Civ 1&2, but yeah an extremely good and nice idea. Already looking forward to try it.
Could you give any details about the development of the game?

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
otila

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:14:14 PM

Will it be done in HTML5?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 08:43:09 PM

Looks cool.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:18:52 PM

This sounded interesting until "I, as the king"..
By putting yourself in this position I think that you hurt Monero more than you help.
I believe many people don't want to touch Monero because of your vocal involvement, and this will only aggravate the problem.

LOL, everyone knows the lower classes have all the fun and freedom. Grin
The King has to stay pompous and above it all, while the peasants get to boogie out.
It isn't like they actually have to work or anything.
Because...
Its a game, its only a game, don't make it seem like it is something serious enough to get upset about.
Save the emotions for real things.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:20:20 PM

This is what I call a damn good idea.

I can't wait to beta test it.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:25:01 PM

Definitely interesting. If it works I'll be impressed.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 09:25:53 PM

The big question that I am sure is on everyone's mind...  how to secure a place in the first 500 gamers to get in on the 1000 gold for 100 XMR deal?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
onetwentyfive

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:45:53 PM

Crypto Kingdom

Gameworld

similar look to the main map of Civilization 1 from 1991.

Oh man, Civilization 1.. my first PC game ever! Still play it on DOSbox from time to time, still just as good. Thanks for making me nostalgia hard! Were you a player back in the day?
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:01:34 AM

Very good idea!

If you want people to donate more to the devs, you could also tie a MEW specific reward in Gold. For example 50 XMR MEW membership = 500 Gold.
V@n@dis

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:32:59 AM

will make sure to try it when it's ready.  Smiley
McHaggis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:13:13 AM

Hello,

First of all sorry for all the questions I am about to ask and also sorry if they don't make sense, I am writing this as things come out of my head so let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

This is a fantastic idea. Weirdly I have also been playing around with the idea of using a crypto currency to boost the economy of a real MMO game, only my idea was that the clients would have some mining functionality with the proceeds given to charity.

Now onto the questions, these are in no particular order:

Do you have a design team working on this game already, if someone would like to join what kind of vacancies are available?

What code are you planning to use to run this bad boy? HTML5 or something like C# so it can be easily ported to app in future. The reason I say this is that I feel apps are best for social interactions as they allow players to be highly mobile and not stuck at a PC while playing.

Will it be a 2d map that allowed players to enter 3d rooms or will it be all 2d?

This sounds very like Second Life in style, only with a different graphical style. Without sounding condescending, have you tried the Moshi Monsters game created by Mind Candy, that also appears to be very similar. Alternatively a heavily modded version of Minecraft could potentially support some of your features (but it would not be playable in browser).

I fear that your plan of offering in game money for time spent playing encourages bots and multi accounts to harvest gold. Instead have you considered a way of offering the players regular tasks to earn gold in the same way Moshi Monsters offers players simple Maths and English in exchange for their ingame currency.

I hope it was you who recently registered cryptokingdom.com otherwise it might cost you a pretty penny to buy it now.

Have you already mocked up this game in Excel? Is it functional or did you just do the hard math in it?

What is the contingency for you being rendered unable to play the game by any means, this means that all the gold / XMR will be held by you and no one will be able to finance the development anymore.

What is your preferred method of allowing new players (who understand that the XMR invested in this game is dead money) to purchase XMR, will there be a link to a XMR exchange or will you have your own USD / XMR website nearby where players can quickly convert?
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:58:48 AM

I fear that your plan of offering in game money for time spent playing encourages bots and multi accounts to harvest gold. Instead have you considered a way of offering the players regular tasks to earn gold in the same way Moshi Monsters offers players simple Maths and English in exchange for their ingame currency.

Perhaps to mitigate bots and such the distribution of currency can be linked to their in game reputation system. Since it's a primarily social game from the sounds of it I think bots will have a hard time interacting with real humans.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:27:03 PM

Also, freeciv is a open sauce project that could be incorporated somehow?

if this ends up incorporating civ-like features that would be awesome! Smiley
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:27:44 PM

Freeciv's almost entirely in C which'd be very difficult for this game to be coded in, I imagine. Probably nothing can be taken unless there's some way to convert some of Freeciv's assets to whatever this is written in.
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:00:17 PM

Sounds great Smiley
Hit me a PM when a test copy is out, I'd love to test it and make a high quality review about it Smiley

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:26:10 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 07:39:56 AM by rpietila

Do you have a design team working on this game already, if someone would like to join what kind of vacancies are available?

The team is currently not formed. I would be the "lead designer" (the "Sid Meier").

Even though it is no public knowledge, I have been designing games for over 25 years, mainly board/card/math games, and mainly for the joy of designing. I am very capable of designing the economic engine of the game. On the other hand, I know nothing about programming so some people will certainly be needed. There is also a project manager whose name is currently not public. I will answer the questions as much as I can.

What code are you planning to use to run this bad boy? HTML5 or something like C# so it can be easily ported to app in future. The reason I say this is that I feel apps are best for social interactions as they allow players to be highly mobile and not stuck at a PC while playing.

The idea is to allow for mobile playing.

Will it be a 2d map that allowed players to enter 3d rooms or will it be all 2d?

I am thinking the structure at least would be 2d. Perhaps 3d does not fit the style at all. I'd like to think of it as "demoscene" type game where you have to excel within the heavy limitations, so that every pixel counts.

I plan to implement an algorithm that spots the accounts that are played by bots and reduces their income to a minimum. Also an inactive account in a higher level will soon start to run a deficit due to lack of intelligent maintenance, keeping the bots from earning meaningful amounts.

Have you already mocked up this game in Excel? Is it functional or did you just do the hard math in it?

Initial mockup is done. Now I am trying to make a resource-based economic system which would be easy enough to implement without the feature creep postponing the project till 2016. Newbies would just explore the world without needing to care about clothing themselves. The economy would start to apply to the player stepwise from level 3 onwards (initially 10 levels).

What is the contingency for you being rendered unable to play the game by any means, this means that all the gold / XMR will be held by you and no one will be able to finance the development anymore.

The King has so many business going on that his account will be played by multiple players. Also the Town Council (that manages the game world) is a separate entity.

What is your preferred method of allowing new players (who understand that the XMR invested in this game is dead money) to purchase XMR, will there be a link to a XMR exchange or will you have your own USD / XMR website nearby where players can quickly convert?

I have several ideas, but this will be left to individual players to decide mostly. They have their shoprooms, linkspace, adspace etc.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:42:19 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2020, 07:43:25 AM by rpietila

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL GAME THREAD FOR CRYPTO KINGDOM 1.0 AND FURTHER VERSIONS UP TO 4.0.

CURRENTLY THE GAME IS BEING PLAYED AS CRYPTO KINGDOM 5.0 - INHERITANCE IN KINGLI PLATFORM.

if this ends up incorporating civ-like features that would be awesome! Smiley

The first version that we use for lifting up Monero from the abyss needs to get out asap. As well as Civilization, whose 6th incarnation is soon coming, this can be revised and new features added, or add the features to the old design if possible.

What I say now will probably not be the v1, but will show the extent of my current design (quite CIV-like don't you think Smiley ) :

- Gameworld has capacity for 100,000 players under one King, also 1 million serfs will be there, non-playable but as workforce to be contracted;

- In the center there is the city, composed of 500x500 plots that can be used to build buildings. Buildings contain all features, businesses, warehouses and of course residences. A small building "hut" takes up 1 lot, a large one "Malla castle" takes 27 lots + park. One rental block can accommodate 12 people in one space, likewise there is no limit how many spacious palaces one person can own without using them. ("City view" in CIV1 although much enhanced because every building is functional! Looks like the "Main map" a bit). The city will be opened piecewise, in 25 arrondissements, to make sure that the buildings are reasonably close to each other and it works nicely from a casual player's pov who always starts journeys from the main square (residents start from their home);

- The countryside consists of different size farms and estates ("Global map"), new Earldoms will be opened when there are enough funds to build a road to them (for goods transport to the city), so that there is about as many square kilometres of land as there are players, until all land is taken. This land is capable to support not only the serfs but also the city dwellers. The land owners receive all the various goods automatically to their city warehouses with some possibility to tailor and develop the production ("City mgmt view" in CIV1);

- Both the plots in the city and the provinces in the countryside offer speculation opportunities. The Earldoms (1000 sq.km of land - huge resources since there is only 1 sq.km per player on average) may be able to be bought for cheap in the early stages of the game (for the title Wink ), but their value only comes later when the road is constructed, and it is not economically sensible until the city is big enough so that the new products coming to the market would not crash prices;

- The player need not care about anything until he gets to a higher level, it is "type URL and GO" -game.

- In the higher level the player is asked of his age (20-50) and gender. The game time progresses 24:1 to the normal time, so one character can only live typically a year of real life time, or a little more. Before dying, characters always become sick so they have the opportunity to move the lands, titles and good to the new character;

- The sustenance of a character is residence (buy or rent, maintain), food (visit taverns, autovisit when not online), drink (same), clothes (buy from tailors, then they wear down and must be replaced), driver (only peasants walk), servants (if you have a large house). This happens in "character maintenance view" which is also your profile page so that everyone can see if you actually eat Foie Gras every day like you boast to) Once you get to higher level of play, the social requirements of living standard go higher, so that people declining becoming Duke "for financial reasons" under Churchill becomes understandable Wink ;

- The income for Nobles is the resources their lands produce, the others receive profits from actual business conducted within the game world, also virtual businesses (Caviar expedition), then there is a selector: "Spend time on" which determined how to spend the majority of character time which is not spent online. The options include several "work pools" which means that all money spent in the city towards a certain kind of work is divided to people doing it. Higher "skill" in something gives you a bigger dividend;

- To make ends meet, it is possible to eat and drink more cheaply, but that also makes you die younger. The staple drink, "mead", is actually no mead at all, it is distilled from potato peelings (the staple food for poor being potatoes) and then diluted with whatever water is available. It tastes between "almost nothing" to "disgustingly horrible", combining the long term dangers of bad alcohol and bad water, but neutralising the immediate concerns of infectious disease. It is the greatest disgrace of the city's living conditions to not have any potable non-alcoholic drinks available. Luckily both beer and wine can be had, and "you know that you have reached true financial indepencence when you never will touch that shit again". Most people remember their last encounter with mead, that being a planned event.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: