Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:32:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226849 times)
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:36:36 PM

I have also received the same email this morning, I'm not really sure what to make of it . The website https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/ is legit, but with so many scams going on I'm not really sure so I'll do some more research on this tonight. The email also states: Please submit your completed questionnaire by 31st January 2018.  Responses received after this date will not be processed. So I think we have some time. What are you guys thoughts about this? I'm assuming more people will come back to this thread because of this email, will wait for a few more replies also before responding.
I Also received this email today, I went ahead and filled it all out provided images and snipits of my emails and etc, I blacked out certain details though never know anymore...
At this point I know I'll probably never get anything back but it can't hurt to try i mean the amount of money that I lost is around $40,000USD today... and that's a lot of dam money! Undecided

Yes I have also filled out the form, it seemed legitimate and didn't take more than about 15 minutes. I only lost 1.5 BTC and a couple 200 DARK(Now DASH), which was only around £700ish at the time although now it is worth much more, I really hadn't expected to hear anything back about MintPal after all this time but at least this seems like the case is ongoing.

If there is any chance we could recover anything I would be over the moon lol.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:14:42 AM

I received this mail.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Operation Sparrow is an ongoing UK fraud investigation into the activities of Moolah and its former CEO Ryan Kennedy, also known as Alex Green.

The investigation focuses on Kennedy’s acquisition of Mintpal in 2014 and the subsequent disappearance and dispersal of customers’ funds from the exchange.

Kennedy has been charged with a number of fraud offences in relation to these matters and is due to face trial at Bristol Crown Court.

I am writing to you as you have been identified through your email address as a possible victim of this fraud and may have incurred a financial loss.  You are one of almost fourteen thousand people that have been affected by this case so please accept my apologies that it is not practical for me to respond to individual queries at this time.  I would urge you not to reply directly to this email, nor to phone Avon and Somerset Constabulary regarding the case.  Updates will be published as and when available.

At this stage of the investigation I am unable to confirm whether there will be any possibility of financial compensation.

I should be grateful if you would take a few minutes to complete the attached survey that will assist us in identifying potential victims more quickly and efficiently.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GSBZJP

Please submit your completed questionnaire by 31st January 2018.  Responses received after this date will not be processed.

Thank you for your time.

Yours faithfully,

Detective Constable Charlotte Suter
Economic Crime Team
Avon and Somerset Constabulary
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:19:09 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 12:07:13 PM by NutMasterTardd

I received this mail.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Operation Sparrow is an ongoing UK fraud investigation into the activities of Moolah and its former CEO Ryan Kennedy, also known as Alex Green.

The investigation focuses on Kennedy’s acquisition of Mintpal in 2014 and the subsequent disappearance and dispersal of customers’ funds from the exchange.

Kennedy has been charged with a number of fraud offences in relation to these matters and is due to face trial at Bristol Crown Court.

I am writing to you as you have been identified through your email address as a possible victim of this fraud and may have incurred a financial loss.  You are one of almost fourteen thousand people that have been affected by this case so please accept my apologies that it is not practical for me to respond to individual queries at this time.  I would urge you not to reply directly to this email, nor to phone Avon and Somerset Constabulary regarding the case.  Updates will be published as and when available.

At this stage of the investigation I am unable to confirm whether there will be any possibility of financial compensation.

I should be grateful if you would take a few minutes to complete the attached survey that will assist us in identifying potential victims more quickly and efficiently.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GSBZJP

Please submit your completed questionnaire by 31st January 2018.  Responses received after this date will not be processed.

Thank you for your time.

Yours faithfully,

Detective Constable Charlotte Suter
Economic Crime Team
Avon and Somerset Constabulary

The email I believe is legitimate, you can fill it out the survey it doesn't have any harmful questions.

https://news.bitcoin.com/uk-police-force-investigates-the-defunct-mintpal-exchange-and-owner/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

GEO, RLC & QRL.
riils

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:12:40 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 03:41:55 PM by riils

Those who received this e-mail, did you reach out to police via your e-mail address before? I am trying to understand why I have not received this e-mail, while I have received print letters from liquidation lawyers.

Anyone with Mintpal account here who has NOT received this e-mail yet as of October 21st?
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:37:42 PM

Those who received this e-mail, did you reach out to police via your e-mail address before? I am trying to understand why I have not received this e-mail, while I have received print letters from liquidation lawyers.

Anyone with Mintpal account here who has NOT received this e-mail yet as of October 21st?

I received the e-mail on the same e-mail address that I was registered on MintPal with, I didn't reach out to police but I also received the letters about the liquidation and progress reports. I assume they sent the e-mail to all addresses that were registered with MintPal at the time.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
deemdior

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:33:47 AM

I had an account there and certainly lost funds there.

I don't remember how many exactly but going through old notes I made back then, I wrote down 2.38 an 0.8 next to mintpal.

I did not receive a mail from the Somerset Police though.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:49:46 PM

I've received it.

I actually took a screenshot of my mintpal wallet - only it's on my old dead computer, and I now have to figure out how to retrieve it from the hard drive.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
riils

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:18:52 PM

I've received it.

I actually took a screenshot of my mintpal wallet - only it's on my old dead computer, and I now have to figure out how to retrieve it from the hard drive.

What date did you receive it? Maybe they are sending in batches. The thing that I fear is that they don't have full database, or only have database of ppl who did or did not "migrate" to "v2" or something.
Tara11

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:23:31 AM

I think I never left any coin at moolah or mintpal. I used them as giveaway receiving address. Then withdraw it to my computer. Of course I lost lots of coins on cryptsy. During that time cryptsy looked most reliable. Only exchanges still working fine is poloniex and bittrex.
exsistenz

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:34:18 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 06:40:31 PM by exsistenz

I didnt got any email... But i didnt used my mintpall in 3 years and suddenly see all scam its really fucked up cus im just a student and its a lot of money for me... :S

I did had 0,48 bitcoin in my wallet so pls add it to the stack
riils

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:29:06 PM

I didnt got any email... But i didnt used my mintpall in 3 years and suddenly see all scam its really fucked up cus im just a student and its a lot of money for me... :S

Can you PROVE that you had funds in Mintpal in 2014 at the time of the heist? Or did you just sign up for bitcointalk.org just to claim you lost 0.48 bitcoin when you probably didn't even knew Bitcoin existed in 2014?
riils

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:40:26 PM

The greed and lack of morals in today's society (especially younger generation) is quite shocking. Just look at how many blatant Bitcoin stealing websites are there, how many fraudsters constantly spam in Telegram and PM you about some pump & dump scheme or mining fraud or referral pyramid.

Now they steal your private keys - Bitcoin Gold, Cash, Classic, Platinum whatever-shitcoin... Fake wallets, fake airdrop claim sites, just fraud after fraud.

Millions of piss poor-indians and nigerians with zero religion, zero culture and no moral compass, praying on people's stupidity all over the internet.

Even in "post-apocalyptic" destruction zone like Mintpal, where 14000 people were left robbed blind and lost life-changing millions of $$$ of cryptos, there will be those smelly little vultures who will think it's a good idea to "scam the scammed" and pray on the corpses of sick, dead and dying.
exsistenz

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:19:35 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 08:39:26 PM by exsistenz

Can you PROVE that you had funds in Mintpal in 2014 at the time of the heist? Or did you just sign up for bitcointalk.org just to claim you lost 0.48 bitcoin when you probably didn't even knew Bitcoin existed in 2014?

dont be like this... not everyone is a scammer besides we prolly wont get any back at all wich is worst for me than for u im sure since im just a poor af student Wink If u wanna talk about fairness a 21 year old teen spend 225e on 0,48 bitcoin while he only has 75e a month to spend random... In the hope he can help his retired father a bit when hes off at lawschool. Now I see this shit...

I got po and more proof wich I will show to the police or w/e if they ask and not a random forum user.
riils

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:48:10 PM

A bitcoin address with transactions in 2014 is not proof, even if those transactions point to Mintpal deposit addresses. You have to be able to prove that you control that address and that you had funds left in Mintpal at the time it went down - do you know the exact balance of BTC left at Mintpal down to 8 decimal places??.

Ideally they should have a database copy with every user's balance at the time of the shutdown. And every user is associated to e-mail address. This is why I am worried that I did not receive e-mail from them, it is possible that they don't have full or proper DB dump with all affected users.

They can also dig through Mintpal's e-mail service providers (or some email relay system's) logs and extract user e-mail addresses from there. But they would still need balances.

exsistenz

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:50:37 PM

A bitcoin address with transactions in 2014 is not proof, even if those transactions point to Mintpal deposit addresses. You have to be able to prove that you control that address and that you had funds left in Mintpal at the time it went down - do you know the exact balance of BTC left at Mintpal down to 8 decimal places??.

Ideally they should have a database copy with every user's balance at the time of the shutdown. And every user is associated to e-mail address. This is why I am worried that I did not receive e-mail from them, it is possible that they don't have full or proper DB dump with all affected users.

They can also dig through Mintpal's e-mail service providers (or some email relay system's) logs and extract user e-mail addresses from there. But they would still need balances.

I know its not proof but telling u the balance of btc at that time isnt either (but i know it since i got the po)... Like I said I bought btc thru a dutch company wich still have the record it was done with my bank so my iban is known... Also my email is the same so yes dw about my proof its enough for any police report Smiley

You can google the police survey and fill in ur email as 'way to contact u' thats what i have done but the chance u get ur btc back is really small for all of us it is sadly enough  Sad But still fill in the survey the more proof they got the better for the case
Cathootoon

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:47:47 AM

I thought it was just 0.04 BTC that I lost but I just realised that I had 0.99BTC sent to my deposit address too. 
riils

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:20:09 PM

I know its not proof but telling u the balance of btc at that time isnt either (but i know it since i got the po)... Like I said I bought btc thru a dutch company wich still have the record it was done with my bank so my iban is known... Also my email is the same so yes dw about my proof its enough for any police report Smiley

You can google the police survey and fill in ur email as 'way to contact u' thats what i have done but the chance u get ur btc back is really small for all of us it is sadly enough  Sad But still fill in the survey the more proof they got the better for the case

Telling balance is proof, if you can tell the balance with 8 decimal places. It is impossible for someone else to guess your balance with 8 digits.

But they (police) have to have Mintal database dump, so they can compare your claimed balance against list of balances they had.

So don't post your precise 8 decimal balances or screenshots of them here publically - keep it as part of hard proof that you own those funds. You can then augment that with your Mintpal account password and e-mail address, transaction history, received e-mail copies, screenshots etc. The last two are very weak form of proof and can't really be taken seriously, but every little bit can help.
riils

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 03:21:39 PM

I thought it was just 0.04 BTC that I lost but I just realised that I had 0.99BTC sent to my deposit address too. 

lol how much you sent to Mintpal is not how much you had left there at the time of shutdown.
exsistenz

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:38:20 PM

You can google the police survey and fill in ur email as 'way to contact u' thats what i have done but the chance u get ur btc back is really small for all of us it is sadly enough  Sad But still fill in the survey the more proof they got the better for the case

Telling balance is proof, if you can tell the balance with 8 decimal places. It is impossible for someone else to guess your balance with 8 digits.

But they (police) have to have Mintal database dump, so they can compare your claimed balance against list of balances they had.

So don't post your precise 8 decimal balances or screenshots of them here publically - keep it as part of hard proof that you own those funds. You can then augment that with your Mintpal account password and e-mail address, transaction history, received e-mail copies, screenshots etc. The last two are very weak form of proof and can't really be taken seriously, but every little bit can help.

thx for the tip! I didnt got any message from the police yet and I spoke to some experts who said its gonna be really hard to find back our btc. But if anyone gets a message/update please do post it on the forum so others can follow Smiley
flukey786

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:26:34 AM

I lost 19.5 btc on mintpal  Angry
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: