Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:28:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226851 times)
srmojuze

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:29:44 PM

great justice system UK

Told you guys UK is a collapsing country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
srmojuze

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 04:35:02 PM

I just read my post and indeed to some I probably sound like a raving lunatic, or the concepts presented are too complex for some at the moment (not that I am great but I have experienced a change in my thinking over the past few years). No worries, I have other plans to communicate my thoughts and feelings, and if I be banned from this thread and this forum so be it.

You empathize more with your imaginary friend than with those who lost their coins here, who are real people and the last thing they need is (yes, you sound like) a raving lunatic trying to take advantage of their troubled situation to preach your dogma of choice.

That's unforunate if that's how it came across. I do empathise with everyone here, losing coins always sucks of course. I too know that feeling when you enter your wallet password a few times and it doesn't work, only to enter it a 3rd or 4th time and breathe a huge sigh of relief. No dogma intended, just what I believe to be essential truths which was important to share in this situation.

Question... A thought kinda popped in my head. I was cruising the Moolah site, and came across their verification process.  Remembering that I have emailed them multiple pictures of my identification and shit.....

"We'll need to see the following in order to verify your account if you wish to use our currency exchange services, merchant conversion services or accept credit/debit cards on our storefronts.

Government issued photo ID (e.g. passport, drivers license, identity card, etc).
Proof of address (e.g. utility bill, bank statement, etc) dated within the last 6 months.
You can provide this information to us by opening a help desk ticket at the below URL and uploading your documents. Please include your username in any requests. Please do not send us documents via email."

Considering his family is made of known fraudsters and cunts, it can probably safely be assumed that copies of all this shit will be all over the place, and anyone who sent any form of verification might be at risk of alex assuming them in the future?  Is there any way to go about this? I pulled my $$ before he left with it, but i really don't feel like waiting for the next 5 years to find out this asshat has 15 credit cards in my name. Has this been brought up to any legal entities? Can anything even be done about a fraudster running around with thousands and thousands of ID's. Does the legal system protect against this stuff, or do I need to start organizing and advertising the UK Bitcoin convention?

I would say identity theft is a definite risk and who knows who/what has your identity information. At this stage the UK "legal system" doesn't appear to have done anything yet. That said, Ryan is sadly on the run for a while and possibly avoiding bounty hunters so his scamming may be limited.

Ryan, come clean now, step out of the darkness.
Bagpipe

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:36:14 PM

great justice system UK

So, let me recap:
A guy buys an exchange, fires employees, steals the funds.
The crime investigators say it's none of their business, one or two million pounds taken is nothing to start investigation over.
Anonymous is waging petty war of words with KKK clowns.

TL;DR version:
a crook
dumbasses
buffoons

P.S.
Why can't dumbasses or buffoons do anything about a crook?
Of course they can! They just need a MEDIA EXPOSURE REASON.
Think about it. It's true.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:57:40 PM

Or actually nobody presented an evidence. On top of that, it's probably out of their confort zone, most of them ignore how to deal with this. Only guess, but I wont say they dont care or they are evil. It's something so new, don't forget it.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:26:21 PM

The NFIB reply says...."If you have any new and additional details to add to your crime report...."

So have they been informed of the false details he allegedly presented, when he incorporated the company? Or is that being used as leverage, with recent legalese? 
sobitcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:51:37 PM

UK Bitcoin conference. It's time.
oleander7

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:24:18 PM

I want to remind everyone that we are possibly left with only one option - lawsuit. Ferdous is claiming that there is enough evidence to win this thing and take back all the remaining funds that Ryan haven't already sold and liquidate his assets to compensate all victims losses. Ferdous has already done enormous work and spend a lot of money on this, but he can't do it alone. What it takes from all of us is a combined effort to pay for the remaining legal fees. In a month time only 23 BTC out of 75 were raised. Only two dozen donations were made and most of the sum was donated by one person, it seems. But what about others? There are many of us who have lost a substantial amount (up to 100 or more BTC) there (my loss - 16 BTC). Are you willing to let Ryan take them and just walk away as if nothing happened? You have begged him, insulted him, cursed him, threatened him and what came of it? We have the last chance to do it right and make him pay. But we are running out of time. The more we wait, the less our chances to succeed. Go back to the first page and look at the photo. Do you want this crook to have your money? I don't. If all of us will donate just 1 or 2 % of our losses, then we can raise the remaining 50 BTC and probably more. To make it easier for you folks I'm willing to donate 16 BTC myself on top of my previous donation month ago. It leaves just 35 BTC left. If even that is too much to ask then we are probably not deserving those money in the first place and are totally deserving to be scammed by Ryan and alike. If you don't think so and are willing to join my effort, pm me.
ninjaskip

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:42:56 PM

I want to remind everyone that we are possibly left with only one option - lawsuit. Ferdous is claiming that there is enough evidence to win this thing and take back all the remaining funds that Ryan haven't already sold and liquidate his assets to compensate all victims losses. Ferdous has already done enormous work and spend a lot of money on this, but he can't do it alone. What it takes from all of us is a combined effort to pay for the remaining legal fees. In a month time only 23 BTC out of 75 were raised. Only two dozen donations were made and most of the sum was donated by one person, it seems. But what about others? There are many of us who have lost a substantial amount (up to 100 or more BTC) there (my loss - 16 BTC). Are you willing to let Ryan take them and just walk away as if nothing happened? You have begged him, insulted him, cursed him, threatened him and what came of it? We have the last chance to do it right and make him pay. But we are running out of time. The more we wait, the less our chances to succeed. Go back to the first page and look at the photo. Do you want this crook to have your money? I don't. If all of us will donate just 1 or 2 % of our losses, then we can raise the remaining 50 BTC and probably more. To make it easier for you folks I'm willing to donate 16 BTC myself on top of my previous donation month ago. It leaves just 35 BTC left. If even that is too much to ask then we are probably not deserving those money in the first place and are totally deserving to be scammed by Ryan and alike. If you don't think so and are willing to join my effort, pm me.

How about asking the bitcoin foundation for this?

Those assholes have thousands of bitcoins up their ass.
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 09:44:21 PM

great justice system UK

Yeah, I got one of those, too. They don't care.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
oleander7

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:48:07 PM

First of all, don't call them names if you want them to help. Second, why should they?
We can definitely do it ourselves. Its not a big sum for all the hundreds involved.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:59:50 AM

Lol  Grin Grin Grin
qxzn

Activity: 609
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:21:13 AM

Any updates on the XMR that was in mintpal? I had a substantial holding of XMR and would really be delighted to see it come back home soon..
count_cyrpto

Activity: 288

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:58:41 PM

The problem, and I can only speak for myself, is I didn't have a majority of BTC to begin with. A good percentage of my holdings were in Mintpal, that are now in the hands of this scamming asshole.

If there was an option where we could donate say 10% of the funds that are returned, I'd be all for it. But, to for me to fork over an already short supply of BTC that took me months to mine is difficult for me to do.
dragnar

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:50:29 PM

The problem, and I can only speak for myself, is I didn't have a majority of BTC to begin with. A good percentage of my holdings were in Mintpal, that are now in the hands of this scamming asshole.

If there was an option where we could donate say 10% of the funds that are returned, I'd be all for it. But, to for me to fork over an already short supply of BTC that took me months to mine is difficult for me to do.

yeps mintpal raped me in the ass the ( lost a lot of y holdings ) Sad

lol no ty
oleander7

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:10:20 PM

I can't believe that those who have lost more than 10 BTC there are now totally broke. Maybe I'm wrong and everyone kept all their coins on the exchange wallets. But I can't believe that I was the richest trader there. I repeat, I have lost only 16 BTC there out of approximately 4000 BTC and I will donate 16 BTC (100% of my loss) if other victims are willing to donate 36 BTC (1% of the loss) in total. There are people who have reported 42 and even 120 BTC lost there, what are they planning to do? Wait for the miracle? That Alex/Ryan will send them their coins?
Or that UK police will arrest him and return them their coins? Seriously? One month have past and we should awake now and face a reality.
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 04:09:41 PM

I can't believe that those who have lost more than 10 BTC there are now totally broke. Maybe I'm wrong and everyone kept all their coins on the exchange wallets. But I can't believe that I was the richest trader there. I repeat, I have lost only 16 BTC there out of approximately 4000 BTC and I will donate 16 BTC (100% of my loss) if other victims are willing to donate 36 BTC (1% of the loss) in total. There are people who have reported 42 and even 120 BTC lost there, what are they planning to do? Wait for the miracle? That Alex/Ryan will send them their coins?
Or that UK police will arrest him and return them their coins? Seriously? One month have past and we should awake now and face a reality.

I have 73,000 crypt on the exchange,  I consider it 100% gone.    Current exchange rate to BTC is almost 1btc.   I'd split 50/50 the recovery with anyone able to recover it.   

I've moved on...
mandular

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:20:11 PM

I have 73,000 crypt on the exchange,  I consider it 100% gone.    Current exchange rate to BTC is almost 1btc.   I'd split 50/50 the recovery with anyone able to recover it.   

I've moved on...

I think a lot of us want to do the same think, but there is no way to get our coins out. Is there anyone who get refund ?
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:11:21 PM

The only one ''saved'' from Mintpal are those lucky coins that havent migrate from V1 to V2.

We are now sending back as much Fluttercoin as we can (we can only process on a one on one basis, so it may take time to reach everybody). Farcoin, TeslaCoin, KarmaCoin are in the same boat (or not far). XMR (monero) have a little challenge but don't know what exactly.

As others said, there is now few hope outside Ferdous-Syscoin legal case, but unfortunately, too few are donating (for good or bad reasons).  I understand a lot of us took a hit - but if we wanna fight, we need weapons, and weapons won't come free.
Neo501

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 07:44:21 PM

someone get there Bitcoins?
MintpalInvestigator

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:42:14 PM

Updates:
https://twitter.com/ferdousbhai/status/535880467611131904
https://twitter.com/ferdousbhai/status/535880492185583617

Donations:
I'd like to request people to stop soliciting donations here. The donation to legal funds needs to remain voluntary and there is no need to push anyone for this. If you want to donate, do so quietly. If you can't or don't want to, don't worry about it; we will find another way. We are trying our best to make sure that Ryan doesn't get away this time.

V1 coins (coins that failed to migrate to V2 for the most part):
We have already transferred over wallets and user balances of FLT and FAIR to the respective coin developers. With the help and support from the developers of those coins, the users were able to recover their coins. TSLA, KARMA and XMR should tentatively follow next week.

V2 coins (coins that migrated to V2):
As for the other coins, we can't really do much unless we gain control of V2. Ryan is not going to hand over V2 to us due to possible incriminating evidences. It might take some time, but we are hoping to eventually gain control of V2 and find ways to mitigate damages and recover the stolen coins.

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: