Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226851 times)
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:40:56 AM

Update on Syscoin's involuntary bankruptcy action against MooPay here:

https://network23.org/dogecoin/2014/11/07/winding-it-up/.

Ok, so I'm going through the process of of filling out this paperwork. Can someone walk it through to make sure we're all writing the correct information?
snipped...

This case shouldn't be a debt-collection issue against Moopay LTD, this is outright theft of funds aka a CRIMINAL case in my view.
snipped...
Very, very bizzare stuff going on.

Here's my take:
They Purposely "Stuck or Kept" a certain amount of coins from some/Many/ALL Accounts.
WHY?
Because they Are Counting on a good number of those accounts not being wanted to be registered/Legal/KNOWN.

Therefore a good number of them will be happy they got Most of their coins and will suck it up and take the loss
and not even file or join a class action Lawsuit.

This was the SAME Motivation of MtGOX.

HOWEVER:

Things always go "Full Circle".
It might take a few months/years/or decades BUT THEY are going
to Burn the Wrong Person amongst all those they burn.
And That Person will make it their life's Goal to Hunt Them Down till they find them.
What That Person decides to do at that point I can't Imagine.
It's up to them...

I've seen this "Full Circle" happen time and again.
All these clever thieves stealing Millions of people coins
are eventually going to be in for a rude awakening
most likely when they least expect it.

Sure they will be "living Large" at others expense.
For how long is the question.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
srmojuze

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 11:44:56 AM

Ok, so I'm going through the process of of filling out this paperwork. Can someone walk it through to make sure we're all writing the correct information?
snipped...

This case shouldn't be a debt-collection issue against Moopay LTD, this is outright theft of funds aka a CRIMINAL case in my view.
snipped...

Here's my take:
They Purposely "Stuck or Kept" a certain amount of coins from some/Many/ALL Accounts.
WHY?
Because they Are Counting on a good number of those accounts not being wanted to be registered/Legal/KNOWN.

Therefore a good number of them will be happy they got Most of their coins and will suck it up and take the loss

Ah very good point. Looks like whoever stole the $1 mil made a gamble on how much they can get away with. I don't know how the thief can sleep at night though, this theft isn't very smart at all. But yeah as per MtGOX obviously at some stage they lost sight, the love of money is indeed the root of all evil.

I wonder if I had 1000BTC in my account if I could resist the temptation. Scary stuff.
srmojuze

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 11:50:04 AM

HOWEVER:

And That Person will make it their life's Goal to Hunt Them Down till they find them.
It's up to them...

All these theives stealing Millions of people coins
are eventually going to be n for a rude awakening

Yes, indeed. This is not a small amount, or just a few people. There are potentially tens or hundreds of people that lost more than $100,000... These people will indeed have plenty of motivation to go to the ends of the earth to get the thief and extract justice.

It's karma, or what you reap is what you sow. As a Christian I pray and ask that the thief repent, come to Christ, and face the music. If the thief repents and accepts Christ they can still go to heaven (New Jerusalem)... or, burn in hell for eternity, their choice. Any other pathway, for the thief, it's not going to end well. The theft is so stupidly done in any case.
MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:53:33 AM

snipped...

snipped...

Here's my take:
WHY?

Ah very good point. Looks like whoever stole the $1 mil made a gamble on how much they can get away with. I don't know how the thief can sleep at night though, this theft isn't very smart at all. But yeah as per MtGOX obviously at some stage they lost sight, the love of money is indeed the root of all evil.

I wonder if I had 1000BTC in my account if I could resist the temptation. Scary stuff.

That's the Difference between US and THEM.
THEY don't care...
ALL their small thefts and lies eventually overtakes them
and consumes them to the point of the big haul and they lose
all perspective as they are preoccupied with what they will be doing with all those coins.

MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:57:25 AM

HOWEVER:

It's up to them...

All these theives stealing Millions of people coins
are eventually going to be n for a rude awakening

Yes, indeed. This is not a small amount, or just a few people. There are potentially tens or hundreds of people that lost more than $100,000... These people will indeed have plenty of motivation to go to the ends of the earth to get the thief and extract justice.

It's karma, or what you reap is what you sow. As a Christian I pray and ask that the thief repent, come to Christ, and face the music. If the thief repents and accepts Christ they can still go to heaven (New Jerusalem)... or, burn in hell for eternity, their choice. Any other pathway, for the thief, it's not going to end well. The theft is so stupidly done in any case.

Does not mean they don't pay dues/get Justice for their behavior.

This is where the banksters that are "too big to fail/jail" are actually mass murderers
as the effects of the World Wide recession/Depression is killing Millions of People.

srmojuze

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 12:04:19 PM

This is where the banksters that are "too big to fail/jail" are actually mass murderers
as the effects of the World Wide recession/Depression is killing Millions of People.

So true.
srmojuze

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 12:18:20 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 12:31:17 PM by srmojuze

If this is true (and it seems like it) http://pastebin.com/VYpQ5CWA

Then this Ryan Kennedy guy is a classic psychopath.

In recently trying to run my own business, I would say I have only encountered say 5% of what is described in that pastebin.

But in reading it, I recognise all the hallmarks... Weirdness, manipulation, lies, exaggeration, insanity.

Sadly a lot of the small-business world, even in the West, is 5%-25% "Ryan Kennedy"

The author of that pastebin obviously is a decent guy without much business experience.

As I learn more about business the ONE thing I learnt is the moment you get any kind of "creepy" feeling you start putting "firewalls" in place so that the moment you need to pull out you limit your exposure and damage.

Very creepy overall, and indeed, truth will out, all these psycopathic and dodgy people, indeed they will reap what they sow.

Edit:
For example: https://i.imgur.com/inf2r1X.png
It is impossible for anyone to tell whether that is true or not, that is the true power of psychopaths.

Edit2:
Here's what I surmise. Bottom line is this Ryan Kennedy is perhaps one degree below being a serial killer or a politician. He's been scamming his whole life.

He was able to get in touch and get to know the Mintpal people.

By faking an "acquisition" he got the Mintpal people to release very important information.

Either due to temptation or because of other scams (usually Ponzi schemes) happening Ryan K decides to pull the trigger and withdraw 3000+ etc BTC into a wallet.

The theft is discovered, so now Ryan K goes into damage control mode.

Ryan K says that there is a "bug", "didn't know what happen", etc.

At this stage I believe it is unlikely that he is saying anything that is remotely true, given his track record (that I gather thus far).

I could be wrong, but if my assumptions above are correct then Ryan K has that 3000 BTC wallet that he will keep for a long time (since it is now monitored) until things blow over and then he can launder that.

In the meantime, sadly, he is covered by bankruptcy law and other things eg. blaming theft on "bug" etc.

The only problem for Ryan K is that people know who he is, what he looks like, etc.

So his first worry is there is definitely going to be people looking for him, certainly those that will hire private investigators.

Sad to say there is probably a low-to-mid bounty on his head, could be one or more hitmen being hired now around the $100,000 USD range to "damage" him seriously (but first private investigators would be hired to try and recover the money, if someone kills Ryan K then the BTC wallet may never be recovered).

Truly sick stuff.

I said a prayer for him just then. This is demonic-obsession level stuff, his life is in a place where no one wants to be, I assure you.
srmojuze

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 12:42:57 PM

QFT HERE. THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION THEN ANY MBA YOU WILL EVER GET.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2jnhxt/this_is_the_person_i_know_as_ryan_kennedy_and_my/

[–]diracdeltafunct_v2 23 points 21 days ago*

Much bravery to publish thank you.

However as a PSA there is a saying "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is" which was used as a motto for the show "steals and deals" in the 90's.

The very first thing you should do when it comes to meeting someone in a hiring, investing or even personal matters is be skeptical. It may sound like the most perfect opportunity if they are a good salesman and have charisma but you have to stop and back up and look at the situation as if you were a bystander. Chances are if they are telling the truth you will end up still feeling that its awesome, but if they are not something is just going to feel off. I can't really say exactly what "off" feels like but its that feeling in your stomach where 2 and 2 aren't quite making 4.

Now the key is to go back and call them out on the thing that felt sketchy. Don't be confrontational but just ask them to elaborate on it or just explain the concept to you. Here you have to be wary of a few things.

Flat out skirting the answer. Someone bullshitting you is just going to try to misdirect you to another issue, be very very vague in their answer, or just cut you off from it completely. This can be them saying "i know best don't ask" or trying to misdirect you by acting like they are offended and dropping on the defensive quickly. From this document our man of many names is horribly guilty of this. You just have to be firm and stand your ground and keep asking here. If they keep dodging, run, run fast. It may not feel like a dodge at the time but this is 100% why you have step back and objectively view everything. /u/zeria provided a great example in, "This is also true of scammers on the street - if someone comes up to you with a sob/friendship story and gets overly offended when you rebuff them, they're typically up to no good."

Replying with something overly technical when you may or may not have the expertise to understand it. I call this the big words con or more commonly known as fake it 'till you make it. You see this a lot in advertising especially in health realms for the miracle supplement.

Parrots. These people will repeat back to you, reworded versions of your own ideas (Sometimes in question form) and just repeatedly agree with you to gain trust. They often are getting into realms where they have no clue what they are doing.

We are all most easily bamboozled on concepts that agree very well with our own goals. This is because its something important to us and finding someone else the means to help you along is exciting so we forget to be objective.

Part of getting ahead is taking risks, but we have to calculate those risks. Investors often invest in a group of projects where they expect 20% to absolutely fail so sometimes being fooled is ok. You just should be very very wary of it. There are a few ways to counteract these people.

Ask hard questions and see how they answer. Do they deflect? To they ramble through? Honestly the #1 thing you want to try and get them to answer with is "I don't know..." or "I'm actually not sure..." (ideally followed up by some reasoning that could answer the question but is unsupported by evidence). Admitting a lack of knowledge implies truthfulness. The people that have a 100% sure answer for everything are bullshitting, period.

Get them to ask you questions. This goes with the above as an admission to a lack of knowledge but more so allows you to see if they have a firm enough grasp on the idea to contribute a meaningful question. Be careful their question isn't parroting something you said earlier.

Be wary of scandal. Novel ideas and innovative people are bound to piss someone off but its how they react thats important. Truthful mature people will respond with evidence and sincerity while the bullshitters will respond with just personal feelings/attacks, grandiose or unsupported claims, or hide hoping it blows over.

Demand evidence. Why/How are the most important questions you will ever ask. People that wont supply evidence are lieing through their teeth. The good liars will respond with just enough evidence to have some but nothing to fully answer a demand. Be aware that you arent/shouldnt be privy to all knowledge (for reasons such as IP protection) but you have to have good judgement here on if what should be available is and if that evidence is correctly supporting the situation. Red flags should be things like hidden financials\plans as an investor or hidden planning as an employee

This is already a long post but as a community we are often going to be TERRIBLE at picking these people out because we are a "to the moon" hype train and word otherwise is FUD. Don't get me wrong the hype is what makes this coin great and fun (I don't plan to make much with it but its fun and enjoyable for me) but we have to actually be intelligent people and look at criticism objectively. After the first issue with moolah a few months ago I knew things were sketch with him, even if all the dirty facts in the light now weren't known. The evidence was there, and as a community we can all read those facts and learn to be actually skeptical. It will make you a better, more successful person, employee, Redditor and most importantly a better shibe.

tl;dr: Be skeptical and to the moon!
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:19:36 PM

Can anyone post pics of 2 WOODBERRY GROVE, FINCHLEY?

from google maps. Could be Ryans scummy lair in London??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
srmojuze

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 02:35:02 PM

from google maps. Could be Ryans scummy lair in London??

BAHAHAHAHa sounds about right. Just do a Google search for that address. A whole bunch of companies come up, 13(no, 3000!) even:
http://www.bizapedia.com/addresses/WINNINGTON-HOUSE-2-WOODBERRY-GROVE-NORTH-FINCHLEY-LONDON-N12-0DR.html

Including ripoff accusations:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fourmarkets/Finchley-Select-StateProvince/Fourmarkets-EUR-INVESTMENT-1st-Floor-2-Woodberry-Grove-Finchley-London-N12-0DR-U-1173789

There are 3000+ companies there?
http://www.ukaddressbook.uk/a/1st-floor-2-woodberry-grove-finchley-london-england-n12-0dr

"1ST FLOOR, 2 WOODBERRY GROVE, FINCHLEY, LONDON, ENGLAND, N12 0DR "
THIS IS A SHELL ADDRESS WHICH 3000+ COMPANIES USE

BOOM

It just keeps getting better and better.

It's the equivalent of a USA "PO BOX" address.
srmojuze

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 02:39:48 PM

"Moolah is a financial platform that makes it easy for consumers and merchants to spend and receive digital currency."

Running out of a shell "po box" address with its street view some random house in the middle of nowhere.

SEEMS LEGIT BRO

Mintpal, oh Mintpal, how did you get involved in this Moo shenanigans?
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 03:40:17 PM

moolah.io

The Team
Alex Green
Role: Chief Executive Officer & Founder
Landon Merrill
Role: Chief Operating Officer
Jonathon Brust
Role: Director of Sales
Alex Hatzenbuhler
Role: Head of Customer Service
Chelsea Hopkins
Role: Community Manager
Forrest Fuqua
Role: Systems Administrator
Eoghan Hayes
Role: Research & Development
Seb Ferraro
Role: Customer Service
Aileen Ablog

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
srmojuze

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 04:25:32 PM

moolah.io

The Team
Alex Green
Landon Merrill
Jonathon Brust
Alex Hatzenbuhler
Chelsea Hopkins
Forrest Fuqua
Eoghan Hayes
Seb Ferraro
Aileen Ablog

How can such a large company with these supposed experienced executives be run out of a FAKE business address? This whole thing had deceit written all over it from Day 0.

I mean, we're talking millions of dollars here, not like a lingerie catalog company or something.
Cryptoleonardo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:43:12 PM

Will any chance to restore me 1,2 btc and 4250,41 drk?
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:06:23 PM

Will any chance to restore me 1,2 btc and 4250,41 drk?
Yes, if you help the case by donating and filing a claim against Ryan.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:56:49 PM

moolah.io

The Team
Alex Green
Landon Merrill
Jonathon Brust
Alex Hatzenbuhler
Chelsea Hopkins
Forrest Fuqua
Eoghan Hayes
Seb Ferraro
Aileen Ablog

How can such a large company with these supposed experienced executives be run out of a FAKE business address? This whole thing had deceit written all over it from Day 0.

I mean, we're talking millions of dollars here, not like a lingerie catalog company or something.

Lingerie is fucking expensive Smiley
Those companies make a bomb selling clothes made of hardly any material :p
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:45:18 AM

anyone know how much xmr were lost  ? are we talking 100k ? whats the biggest stack that were lost? i read 5K somewhere.
srmojuze

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 06:30:18 AM

That is so true! HaHa
peme

Activity: 340

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:55:16 AM

That is so true! HaHa

I still have HIRO, SUPER and XC at mintpal with all my original amounts, nothing lost. My withdraw requests are still at status requested.
Are these coins, especially HIRO in the hands of mintpal? Is someone getting through the requests? Will I get my coins, or is everything lost?
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:17:45 AM

That is so true! HaHa

I still have HIRO, SUPER and XC at mintpal with all my original amounts, nothing lost. My withdraw requests are still at status requested.
Are these coins, especially HIRO in the hands of mintpal? Is someone getting through the requests? Will I get my coins, or is everything lost?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824211.msg9491535#msg9491535
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: