Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:13:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226851 times)
Fuyuki_Wataru

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:33:07 PM

Right, so he took a few of my coins as well. You think now that he's arrested I can claim them back ?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
istudy92

Activity: 59

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:10:48 PM

I am not sure if I qualify, but I am missing approximately 32,000 RieCoin from mintpal.  Today I logged on after 6-8 months and the website was closed or missing. I googled around and it lead me back to this form.
How if even possible to recover my riecoin?
cryptoskibum

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:33:45 AM

Hi there - just came across this thread. Thanks to everyone trying to help those get their alts back that MintPal "lost". I never received any emails, but did have a bunch of NAUT, which are now actually worth something  Angry  If anyone that could help could send me a PM, i'd really appreciate it.
thaitunhi1606

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:50:43 PM

I still lost some coin.
BTC : ~ 2 BTC(~ 1 BTC on my orders)
UTC: ~ 10k
Plz help me.
My email: thaitunhi1606@yahoo.com.
Thanks!
Shizof

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:37:52 AM

People who lost their darkcoin's and still did not get their coins from Mintpal please check my messages in this thread.

Hi, sent you pm.
BlockaFett (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:28:04 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 04:39:03 PM by BlockaFett

Hi there - just came across this thread. Thanks to everyone trying to help those get their alts back that MintPal "lost". I never received any emails, but did have a bunch of NAUT, which are now actually worth something  Angry  If anyone that could help could send me a PM, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!  The next thing is there are ~14,000 Darkcoins (Dash now) going to be returned thanks to the integrity of BagHolder010 in organizing this after he received them from Mintpal from an error (aka Alex Green trying to cover his tracks with his fake 'bug').  

By the way, I have currently started another investigation of someone who I suspect of being a scammer...not to Alex Green's level by any means (he's not that smart) - but he is like Alex Green in that he is an extremely shady character who is never telling the truth and generally repugnant to have any kind of conversation with, and he is pushing various competing altcoin projects posing as a "core dev", not to mention spamming his competitors threads with abusive posts with his buddy Icebreaker to try to destroy the conversation, whilst neglecting his own coins/communities.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 12:38:22 AM

By the way, I have currently started another investigation of someone who I suspect of being a scammer...not to Alex Green's level by any means (he's not that smart) - but he is like Alex Green in that he is an extremely shady character who is never telling the truth and generally repugnant to have any kind of conversation with, and he is pushing various competing altcoin projects posing as a "core dev", not to mention spamming his competitors threads with abusive posts with his buddy Icebreaker to try to destroy the conversation, whilst neglecting his own coins/communities.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0

cool story

lol u mad bro?   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BlockaFett (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 12:50:40 AM

I just felt a disturbance in the force...

Ironically, on a thread ousting a fraudster, we have another ousted fraudster posting here, Monero dev Smooth's wingman and Hashfast scammer, Eduardo de Castro...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381687.0

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:24:55 AM

Hi there - just came across this thread. Thanks to everyone trying to help those get their alts back that MintPal "lost". I never received any emails, but did have a bunch of NAUT, which are now actually worth something  Angry  If anyone that could help could send me a PM, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!  The next thing is there are ~14,000 Darkcoins (Dash now) going to be returned thanks to the integrity of BagHolder010 in organizing this after he received them from Mintpal from an error (aka Alex Green trying to cover his tracks with his fake 'bug').  

Thanks to BagHolder010 for organizing the return of darkcoins / dash
Ah well Xc was worthless now anyways RIP other anon coin Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
locoo1442

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:20:24 PM

Hello, I've missed something about dark coin? I also lost ~ 69 coins in MintPal. Is there a option to bring them back?
bkaday

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:04:54 AM

I, like many others here, just stumbled upon this thread. I lost a total of 1,419.204 DRK from Mintpal when Alex Green (or whomever) ran off with our coins. I searched for a way to reclaim my lost coins for several weeks, but gave up my search many months ago as there was no hint of any type of resolution being offered.

If you have any information that might help me, please send me a message via this forum. I greatly appreciate your assistance and I wish you all the best of luck in retrieving your stolen coins!

Regards,
Brandon A.
master_hayabusa

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:53:27 PM

Hello,

I purchased some dark coins through Mintpal last year. I was trying to login to my account only to find out it's out of business?

Can anyone tell me how I can recover my 100 dark coins. I contacted DASH but no reply.

Thanks
Suntouri

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:26:02 PM

Any news?
Somebody could help us?
danosphere
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 02:25:49 AM

Any news?
Somebody could help us?

I can tell you the Syscoin team has not stopped in their pursuit of the coins which were stolen from our team (750BTC). While our case is independent of the Mintpal investigation we have worked with Mintpal employees who watched their platform burn at the hands of Alex Green (real name: Ryan Kennedy) to try and see him held responsible for his utter scamming and lies.

The case is ongoing (been over a year now- we have not stopped) and Ryan is basically a vagrant now from the information we're aware of (living homeless). We are continuing to pursue him and will update the community when we have something more we can share. We know assets were seized by police and there is still an ongoing investigation. We do not know what will happen to seized assets or on what timelines but we will continue to see this through so long as our finances permit.

Ideally we'd get some compensation and Ryan would be thrown in prison. Even though this doesn't mean everyone who was screwed will get their coins back, hopefully at the very least we'll be able to know Ryan is getting what he rightly deserves (imo he needs hard time in prison and he should be required to pay restitution for the rest of his life). More to follow as we have news.

Sidenote to those contacting coin-devs looking for help: Being a dev myself (SYScoin) I can tell you they can't help. Ryan controlled the servers with the coins, and either transferred your funds to his personal holdings or left the servers to die / have their data (wallets included) wiped. Ryan was the ONLY person within the Moolah organization that had access to the funds.  Undecided

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:59:03 AM

Sidenote to those contacting coin-devs looking for help: Being a dev myself (SYScoin) I can tell you they can't help. Ryan controlled the servers with the coins, and either transferred your funds to his personal holdings or left the servers to die / have their data (wallets included) wiped. Ryan was the ONLY person within the Moolah organization that had access to the funds.  Undecided

This is what i thought. So how/why have a few devs here managed to return coins to some people?

BTW, kudos for still chasing this piece of shit. Please continue.  Cool
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:23:45 PM

RK speaks (allegedly).  Clearly full of lies - many statements in his blog post have been contradicted here:

https://lumitastic.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/through-the-looking-glass/

Through the looking glass.
AUGUST 31, 2015 ~ LUMITASTIC
Since my life became vastly more complicated in October of last year, I’ve wondered if I should make a post detailing what actually happened, and my side of the story. I have seen article after article come out about me, wild speculations, hateful attacks and far more. Not once have I seen anything that even comes close to the truth, and I’ve decided it is time to put my story out there.

Where should I start? Well, my name is Ryan Kennedy – legally, lawfully and whatever else you can think of; and I am the founder and former CEO of Moopay LTD (moolah.io – I’ll call it both Moopay and Moolah in this article) – a consumer and business financial platform for digital currencies, that very rapidly became one of the biggest businesses in the digital currency space. I officially launched the company in January of 2014, and at the time we were based out of Switzerland. In the space of 9 short months, we had grown to a user base of several hundred thousand customers – with an employee base of roughly 20 people. As multinational startups go, we were fairly successful, and had shunned traditional funding in favour of a crowdfunded model. We got by on far less money than any other business in the industry, and we were doing very well.

Now, the whole time this was going on – on legal advice I decided to use a professional alias via a formal change, in order to protect myself and my employees from threats and more. With the amount of threats and harassment received by people working in this particular industry, it seemed prudent. As a result, Alex Green came to fruition. There was nothing special about the name, it was simply picked out of thin air – despite claims that I had stolen the identity of another person (I could have picked any name, somebody else would have that name).

In August of 2014, we were approached by a competitor that functioned as a trading exchange / platform for digital currencies with a view to acquiring them – following an attack on their platform that had led to roughly $2M USD worth of digital currency being stolen. Negotiations were swift, and at the conclusion – MintPal LTD had been acquired by Torihiki LTD, a company that was formed solely for the purpose of the acquisition (with a view to Moopay LTD then taking over past this).

Business was good, and was only getting better. Then, in October – it completely crashed. October 3rd, to be precise. Not long before we had released a completely rebuilt version of the MintPal platform, and it turned out that it had a few major exploits.

While away on a trip with two employees, an audit revealed that the platform was insolvent. There were numerous public reports that people were receiving double withdrawals, and for each person publicly admitting this – there were likely 10 more who weren’t. At this point, we shut the platform down and announced a closure of the business; with an immediate refund and withdrawal process put in place to people. Shortly after this, I and one of my employees (who I had ended up in a relationship with, and at the time – we were very happy) were accused of stealing roughly 3700 BTC (with a market value of roughly £825,100 at the time). This number was pulled out of thin air in relation to a one time transaction between the former owners of MintPal LTD, and Moopay LTD, as a part of the transition. What it fails to take in to account is the fact that the hot wallet (which is what withdrawals are processed from) was refilled on numerous occasions. We had multiple large wallets on Moopay LTD, and withdrawals were processed at random from them. I personally had several thousand Bitcoin stored on my own platform, as I put my money where my mouth was. After the repeated refills, that 3700 BTC figure had dwindled greatly. Beyond this, Moolah was a far bigger company than MintPal, and had extremely high activity by customers.

Now, what happened after October 3rd? As proven by verifiable public ledgers (previously submitted as supporting evidence to a high court)…

Between October 3rd and October 14th 4,084 BTC worth of coins were withdrawn – with a value at the time of £894,406. I do not have rate information available for the remaining coins, but this is estimated to be an additional 2,500 BTC worth of coins due to the size of the VRC and DOGE holdings we had. In these 11 days, this would come to roughly 6,500 BTC worth of processed withdrawals, with a value of £1.5M GBP – and yes, a chunk of this were withdrawals directly in Bitcoin. During this time, there was a considerable amount of trading activity on the platform itself. This was before we were aware of any bug on the platform, and once we were aware – we switched to a withdrawal request model. At this stage, a total of 2,684 BTC worth of coins was manually refunded to customers by myself – with a total value of £588,184. For the coins where I no longer have the rate information available due to heavy handed tactics by the police, roughly an additional 350 BTC was refunded. That would mean the following in terms of withdrawals and refunds processed since October 3rd.

Coin Value Returned
9,618 BTC

GBP Value Returned
£2,106,342

Roughly how many claims submitted have been verified and shown to be true?What is their total value? I am accused of having stolen essentially everything on MintPal LTD, but if that is the case, how exactly did I return over £2M GBP in close to 10,000 BTC worth of coins? With an average price of £223 during this entire incident, 3700 BTC would translate to £825,100 – yet during 2014 I converted double this (close to £1.6M) as I liquidated my own holdings, while still processing withdrawals and refunds that equated to greater than this in total. I personally held several thousand Bitcoin, and decided to stop hoarding and start spending – at the time, my company was doing extremely well, Bitcoin that I had mined in the early days was now valuable, and it was time to enjoy life. I have been involved in Bitcoin since day one, and mining and trading since then.

Despite being heavily involved in numerous fundraising initiatives for third parties, the vast majority of them charity based – people instantly decided that I was an evil parasite who had been out to hurt people since day one. Despite being a driving force for digital currency, I was immediately cast as a villain. A civil case was brought against me, which ended up being fought to a standstill due to a lack of evidence against myself. The amount of accusations, allegations and false news stories being brought up by two-bit web based blogs and amateur journalistic outlets became too much to keep track of.

A few days before my birthday (in December), it ended up getting even worse. I’m lying in bed with my then partner (Chelsea Hopkins) when we are rudely awoken by the police in our bedroom. It seemed like half the damn force had shown up – we were dragged to a police station, and all of our belongings, cars, etc seized. They had shown up with a warrant for paperwork and hard drives, and ended up taking everything down to Christmas decorations that we had yet to unpack. The police consistently showed an extreme bias against me, a ridiculously heavy handed approach, and a desire to cause us extreme distress when there was no evidence against us, only allegations. They did not allow us a phone call, they did not allow us to contact anybody. Eventually we were bailed until March, and when March came and they had nothing on us? They bailed us again. Eventually, Chelsea left me. She never spoke to me again, and I don’t know whether the stress of it all caused her to snap, whether the police twisted her viewpoint, or whether she simply decided I was a bad person.

I know that I haven’t done anything wrong and while I have no faith in the police, I have faith in the overall justice system – and thankfully have a supporting pile of evidence stacked a mile high. The police were relying on character assassination more than anything else, which is quite simply pathetic. I am not a criminal, I am not on the run – I am simply somebody who has lost pretty much everything, and is trying to move on. If people don’t want to trust me or give me a chance, that’s fine – but they don’t have to go out of their way to try and ruin my life further.

I have some great friends now, thankfully. People that have stuck with me through all of this, and I’ve made some awesome new friends. I have some great ideas for the future, and I’m focusing more on my creative side as opposed to anything else.

I’m always happy to talk about this, just drop me a message. I’ll be publishing more details in the near future about the technical specifics, and the financial ledgers.

—–

Update

I’m now releasing the first of many ledgers and summaries of withdrawals and refunds.

Ledger #1
http://chopapp.com/#yca9edak

Summary #1
http://pastie.org/10390457

danosphere
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 11:13:15 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2015, 11:30:56 PM by danosphere

Thanks Mr.Felt, great sleuthing as always Wink

RK speaks (allegedly).  Clearly full of lies - many statements in his blog post have been contradicted here:

A few days before my birthday (in December), it ended up getting even worse. I’m lying in bed with my then partner (Chelsea Hopkins) when we are rudely awoken by the police in our bedroom. It seemed like half the damn force had shown up – we were dragged to a police station, and all of our belongings, cars, etc seized. They had shown up with a warrant for paperwork and hard drives, and ended up taking everything down to Christmas decorations that we had yet to unpack. The police consistently showed an extreme bias against me, a ridiculously heavy handed approach, and a desire to cause us extreme distress when there was no evidence against us, only allegations. They did not allow us a phone call, they did not allow us to contact anybody.

No one should feel any empathy towards this sociopath who is trying to twist the situation to make himself look like an innocent victim. Police aren't stupid, they know about BTC and they know a single phone call would be all that's needed to have an accomplice empty the accounts. They didn't raid Ryan's residence on a whim. Note: Ryan is out on bail, he is far from free and clear although he attempts to allude to that via his post.

Regardless the Mintpal stuff (victims of which I do emphasize with wholeheartedly) - 750BTC of SYScoin investor funds were in an escrow held by Ryan. They vanished on Oct 14, the date they were to be released to the team. They were not to be stored in a wallet connected to ANY outside system, so the explanation in this blog post falls comically short of explaining where all the funds went, and coincidentally holistically omits any mention of the 750BTC of escrowed investor funds.

Those funds vanished along with everyone else's, the story about withdrawals and bugs and having no idea about your own companies internal balance is not only idiotic in terms of business management, but it does not explain the missing escrow funds whatsoever. Additionally, blockchain evidence traces the stolen coins (both SYS escrow and Mintpal coins) to a localbitcoins address owned by user "luminabitcoin" ... the blog post is on "Lumitastic.wordpress"... Ryan needs to change the root name he uses for aliases.

To be continued...

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:22:07 AM

funny he did not even mention ripping Syscoin, what goes around comes around I guess Mr. Kennedy!
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:50:35 AM

I hope that fucker goes back to prison, people involved with theft shouldn't be allowed to have bail, the justice system is so fucked up!

Still missing $3200+CAD in coins
coins lost were
7.05 BTC+
31000 Blackcoins

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:30:26 AM

I hope that fucker goes back to prison, people involved with theft shouldn't be allowed to have bail, the justice system is so fucked up!

Still missing $3200+CAD in coins
coins lost were
7.05 BTC+
31000 Blackcoins

Wow. This thread is still active? Hasn't it all been given up on by now?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: