Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226851 times)
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:13:16 PM

I posted this in dogecoin subreddit today:

I contacted the Insolvency Service about MooPay's case and was told this:

If any one has claims, they can contact the liquidator liquidating MooPay's assets to pay creditors (people who lost coins would be creditors in the bankruptcy context): Graham Stuart Wolloff (of Elwell Watchorn & Saxton, LLP - 1 East Poultry Ave, London EC1A9PT, United Kingdom) and/or Liam Alexander (same law firm).

Also, I was told if there were any concerns about the conduct of MooPay LTD or its officers, Mr. Brian Penn of the Receiver's Office could also be contacted (Brian.Penn@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk).

Again, contact these people if you hope to receive anything from MooPay's assets. Contacting these folks would be IN ADDITION to contacting Action Fraud.
where to contact the liquidator?

The law firm has a website w/ the contact info for each attorney.  Google.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:25:54 PM

TeamFLT still have Mintpal fluttercoins in hand.  Please contact us to get it back !  We want to send all back as soon as possible - to allow us to move on !

o3u

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:51:53 PM

TeamFLT still have Mintpal fluttercoins in hand.  Please contact us to get it back !  We want to send all back as soon as possible - to allow us to move on !

i haven't gotten an email about my coins
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:37:43 AM

Everyone with a V1 balance should have received an email (at least twice).

Please PM me your Mintpal email, i'll forward to the right guy.

Others with V1 Fluttercoin balance here ?
BlockaFett (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:51:08 AM

this is taking place in the UK not the US, laws are waaaaaaay different in the UK, as are the legal proceedings

Why does everyone insist that this didn't happen in the USA?  BOFFIN HAD MOOLAH AMERICAN ACCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION, IN HIS NAME.  Why do people keep saying this is a UK deal? USA wasn't involved? Nobody from the US has claims? Their business wsn't operating in the States?  They WERE operating/conducting financial transactions in the USA, they DID have businesses registered in the states, they DID sell "investments" to Americans, they did steal USA currency, they did defraud USA investors into a.. fake investment and they did steal americians money when they bounced with everything... So....

Now, what was that about his whole deal being in the UK?

The court case is in the UK, the US authorities are not involved and will not be. The UK forces are interested in Ryan Kennedy and Ryan Kennedy alone. Landon Merrill will not be called as there is no evidence of him ever gaining (other than a wage - the same as all other employees) from it. He handled very minimal funds belonging to the company and anything he did do was at Ryan's request. Hence the investigators aren't all that interested. Ryan was the one who took all of the BTC, not Landon. Of course, if someone were to open a case inside the USA, that would be different. However as Kennedy had the BTC and he is a UK resident, the UK forces are dealing with the fraud reports etc.

The only instance someone would need to open a case in the USA is to do as you suggested, to go after Landon and the US employees.

Anyway, I have received an email from the police investigator with regards to this. He says the below:

Seb

Apologies for the late reply.  There is no public record but and if anyone phones up A&S all they will be told is that we are investigating  a criminal complaint etc. and that a male and female have been arrested.  In criminal matters it does not become public domain until after their first appearance in court.  But that does not always stop the press from releasing details. If you know of anyone who has lost money they can contact me via this e-mail or on 01275 816580 and I will be quite happy to talk to them,

Peter

A&S refers to Avon and Somerset police here.

Now, I have included his phone number here, his email is Pete.Wood@avonandsomerset.police.uk.

I must stress though that this is not an 'AND' situation. You should not contact both him AND the action fraud. If you have already submitted a claim via action fraud, that is good enough. Even if you have not and just wish to report a simple loss of funds, action fraud is still the best place to go. It will be properly recorded in the police database and have the correct information.

The only time I would suggest getting in touch with this investigator is if you lost a significant amount of money and also had a lot of contact with Ryan Kennedy with chat logs to back that up.

I have been putting together bits of evidence for him in the past so if you want to be 100% it is included in any reports I also make, feel free to pm it to me as well.

Again, please do not spam this guy's inbox it will only slow the investigation down, but I felt I should include it at his request.

The exact word I have from him is this:

If the case goes to court and Ryan Kennedy loses, those that filled in action fraud reports could be in with a chance at getting some recompense.

Bear in mind all of this will be traced on the blockchain so I wouldn't suggest lying about what you gave him.

It will be on a percentage basis I can imagine. If they manage to seize $1m of assets and there are $5m worth of claims, each of those claims would most likely get ~20% back of what they lost.

nice one, thanks for the info m8.  If Peter from A&S police needs more people to come forward there are lots here I guess...
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:10:57 AM

Still holding Darkcoins.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Gammas

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:23:14 PM

66 drk

Thx
o3u

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:36:29 PM

Is anyone keeping tabs on the legitimate/proven reports of Arrest/ money frozen and agencies notified?

I noticed some phone numbers on the latter threads as well as "conversations" had, but really, is that enough?

Sure the big losers might say they have been paid off, but these could be in on it as well, you can't trust anyone who pops out a run of the mill parallax website with a few facebook pictures in the contact page and claims to have "seen proof".

and for the scammer(s) it's all about raking in the thousands of small fish.

... Just saying, personally i'd have to dig deep to find out how much i lost (probably part of the scammers plan as well, they know not everyone keeps tabs on their coins), but it would be nice to see a structured, verifiable process in these cryptoscam take downs.
ZBBBB

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 01:49:00 AM

So just getting back to look into this, I had a ton of Vert, Noble, BTC on Mint. I submitted the withdraws back in October but never received a dime. I assume the BTC is long gone but is there any process at all to try to get my alt coins back?
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:05:23 AM

I know I lost coins but I couldn't tell you what my deposit addresses were or how much I lost exactly.  It makes it pretty hard to contact Action Fraud...
Nomercy82

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:48:21 PM

I know I lost coins but I couldn't tell you what my deposit addresses were or how much I lost exactly.  It makes it pretty hard to contact Action Fraud...

Surely you have your current addresses and wallet though right? You can check on the blockchain and go back through your transactions? Unless you make a new wallet every month that is.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:09:23 PM

Surely you have your current addresses and wallet though right? You can check on the blockchain and go back through your transactions? Unless you make a new wallet every month that is.

Good point but could take a long time  Cheesy  I'll get on it.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 03:31:54 PM

lucky I do not have a balance in mintpal, so I do not worry

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:15:51 PM

lucky I do not have a balance in mintpal, so I do not worry

Don't worry, no one has balance on mintpal anymore.
Mr Felt

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 06:49:05 PM

Is anyone keeping tabs on the legitimate/proven reports of Arrest/ money frozen and agencies notified?

I noticed some phone numbers on the latter threads as well as "conversations" had, but really, is that enough?

Sure the big losers might say they have been paid off, but these could be in on it as well, you can't trust anyone who pops out a run of the mill parallax website with a few facebook pictures in the contact page and claims to have "seen proof".

and for the scammer(s) it's all about raking in the thousands of small fish.

... Just saying, personally i'd have to dig deep to find out how much i lost (probably part of the scammers plan as well, they know not everyone keeps tabs on their coins), but it would be nice to see a structured, verifiable process in these cryptoscam take downs.

Would be good to info to share if anyone has it.  

I never used Moolah or Mintpal and so I can't speak to the status of any case from personal knowledge.  However, my recent posting is pretty much a copy of the email I received from the insolvency office in response to my inquiry about the case.  That's about all I can do at this point.  

I would encourage everyone who is owed money to contact the insolvency folks (the attorney-liquidators AND the insolvency-official interested in the behavior of MooPay Ltd.'s officers and directors) because it may be the only shot at recovering anything from Kennedy (in the U.S., when debtors file for bankruptcy, except for fraud, child support, student loans, etc. - all unsecured claims of creditors (which the customers would be) can be discharged.  In other words, if the criminal stuff doesn't pan out or isn't being pursued as one might think, then customers of Mintpal and moo are probably SOL w/o making a claim in the insolvency process because said claims are most likely unsecured (i.e., protected with collateral of Moo/Mintpal).

Also, claims maid by creditors in the bankruptcy process (in the US) get paid out (IIRC) in the order that they were incurred, within priority categories.  Many people with wallets at Mintpal, holding on to losses from MooFarm, etc. - may have claims that predate some of the more active people going assisting law enforcement or pursuing Kennedy (may explain why nobody has shared the info I was able to obtain).  Again, my knowledge is limited to U.S. law, I have no knowledge about how different or similar U.S. Bankruptcy Code might be relative to the U.K.' insolvency law.  Good luck.  
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:43:52 AM

I never got an E-Mail, though I was Mintpal and Moolah customer. I don`t remember my username for sure, but I have all the mails Mintpal sent me. Who should I contact? Thank you!

Edit: Ok, scrolled back a few pages. So basically only XMR stands a chance. I had DRK...
Nomercy82

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 04:27:41 PM

I would encourage everyone who is owed money to contact the insolvency folks (the attorney-liquidators AND the insolvency-official interested in the behavior of MooPay Ltd.'s officers and directors) because it may be the only shot at recovering anything from Kennedy (in the U.S., when debtors file for bankruptcy, except for fraud, child support, student loans, etc. - all unsecured claims of creditors (which the customers would be) can be discharged.  In other words, if the criminal stuff doesn't pan out or isn't being pursued as one might think, then customers of Mintpal and moo are probably SOL w/o making a claim in the insolvency process because said claims are most likely unsecured (i.e., protected with collateral of Moo/Mintpal).

How utterly bizarre. Seeing as I was a previous Moolah employee and still have all documents on who gave what for PIE slices and Moofarm (mostly), I thought I'd get in touch and see if I could assist. It turns out I can see one of their satellite offices from my window, so I am planning to meet up with them and hand over what I can in an attempt to help out their investigation.
o3u

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 02:22:14 AM

How utterly bizarre. Seeing as I was a previous Moolah employee and still have all documents on who gave what for PIE slices and Moofarm (mostly), I thought I'd get in touch and see if I could assist. It turns out I can see one of their satellite offices from my window, so I am planning to meet up with them and hand over what I can in an attempt to help out their investigation.

Can you provide proof of this
Nomercy82

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:34:27 AM

I don't even need to? Everyone knows my name, Seb Ferraro, I'm one of the easiest people to find online. I work/live in Northampton and at the bottom of the contact page for the liquidators, it shows they have an office in Northampton.

Not really hard is it.
Mr Felt

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:36:17 PM

I don't even need to? Everyone knows my name, Seb Ferraro, I'm one of the easiest people to find online. I work/live in Northampton and at the bottom of the contact page for the liquidators, it shows they have an office in Northampton.

Not really hard is it.

Seb,

Good on you for taking the initiative w/ Action Fraud and the liquidators.  Please share what you can after you talk w/ the liquidators - this is an interesting process to watch unfold.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: