Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:28:58 AM

Why not go for a three tiered plan?

CCMiner Free - not fully optimized, totally free.

CCMiner Lite - 10% faster than Free, mines at 1-2% fee to sp_. (I will take this one)

CCMiner Pro - 20% faster than Free for x BTC, comes with some features that large farms want & need.

Adjust the % of optimization to what you think is fair for your input & what you are getting. I guess many will use "Lite" version just as its 10% faster than free

and what of the other devs that commit optimizations / inclusions / rewrites of the various algos and implementations of 'pulls' that others do for ccminer-spmod? ...

dont forget - this fork is sp's fork - but it is also a conglomeration of work from so many other authors ...

it looks good on paper ( or txt here in this case ) but i honestly believe its impractical ...

i have a farm - would i pay a certain amount for the 'pro' version? ... i can ... but why not use the smaller versions in that case? ... or use the versions that tpruvot puts out? ... or djm34's? ... or klaust's? ... or ...

see what i mean? ...

besides - that looks like a microsoft model of doing things ... no tanx from my end ...

#crysx

hmm but its really not easy to donate unless its a coin like VTC, small miners have to wait a lot before donating BTC. If miner mines to devs its easy, may be devs can come to some agreement among themselves on how to split things up. As for MS model, i guess its good to have features you want & pay for it. This is different from MS in the sense that miners can have a say in what feature they want nothing forced on them, and there is always free version so no one is forced to pay either. Right now we have this very same arrangement with sp's private kernels available which are 20% faster.

We can come up with all kind of plans but it really depends on how much profit miners are making & how fairly they want to share in the economy. Its more about ethics than anything else. We have seen that what happens when profits are not shared (AMD miner model). We are also seeing same in real economy & stock markets that when profits are not shred/reinvested its bad for everyone. So if people are not dumb/greedy & short sighted & want to cannibalize their own profits, then they will pay or market will self adjust by going towards either development stagnation or private miners.

There are a lot of different ways you could present a product and probably no one model is right. I know % based mining fees are the easiest for all involved. If you do a 'paid' version you have to setup a actual way of accepting payment (unless they're just going to do manual transactions with paper receipts). You can split % based mining among contributors as well.

Also agree about the AMD mining conundrum. Good example of all the profit going to a handful of people. I definitely think developers should be fairly compensated, but all the burden (or profit) shouldn't be put on one group of individuals.

I've pushed for something like this a few different times because I don't want to see development stop and I think it's quite fair (as long as the percent isn't jacked up a lot).

As I mentioned earlier, if CCMiner had a API, they could easily adopt MultiMiner to be a frontend and add stats... It's opensource.

it seems that the percentage for mining is the main way that a dev can get his / her portion of the development donation ... but as sp iterated earlier - it wouldnt take much for someone to refork and remove such code ...

the amd model is a fairly simple one - but as you have stated - in the hands of an elite few ... im not against that - except that monopolies are formed that way and that is quite detrimental to the mining community ... and im not against it because the few devs that DO develop the optimizations and miners do release their code and optimizations when they feel that it is ready for the community to take ... in any case - it really isnt this model of opensource availability - so its not really a working model that we can really look at ...

i think that a community of users that GIVE as they receive is a better way of donating to the developers than forcing percentages and keeping miners private ... BUT - unfortunately - not everyone GIVES in order to use these miners and optimizations ... if that was the case - we would not even be discussing this ... is ALL miners gave a little once a week - then the devs would have a LOT of incentive to continue development ...

which is why donating hashrate - no matter how small - may be all the help the devs need ... and moreso - all the donation the smaller miners CAN give for the time being ...

#crysx

You think there would be more people trying to rip off their code then would donate (especially a small fee like 1-2%)? I disagree entirely. It's not perfect. There is no perfect model. Mining fee is the best out of all of them and I'm definitely against mining profits being in the hands of the few as that is exactly what cryptos aren't about. That's what ASICs are and that's why everyone tried to get away from them.

As I talked about earlier, if people want to take this seriously they definitely could make a company around such a model. There are definitely a decent amount of coders around the forums and then they could do extra things like DRM protection and features.

Donations are donations, that's it. You can never expect and you should never expect donations. This means people wont donate even if you think they should and that shouldn't bother you. However if you want steady income and compensation you should sell your work in whatever form that takes. The fact that you guys are trying to haggle and guilt people in the community into donating definitely means that a different payment model should be looked into because the current one is not meeting their requirements. There is nothing wrong with this and there is nothing wrong with switching models.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:07:15 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get a multi GPU rig mining Ethereum with the ethminer-cuda? I have all Nvidia maxwell cards and have tried everything I could to get it to work.  Any thoughts?  My machines run Windows 8.1 and my .bat file is ethminer -F http://eth2.suprnova.cc:3000/pokeytex.cgar/10 --mining-threads 5

thanks in advance. - pokeytex

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 03:27:05 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get a multi GPU rig mining Ethereum with the ethminer-cuda? I have all Nvidia maxwell cards and have tried everything I could to get it to work.  Any thoughts?  My machines run Windows 8.1 and my .bat file is ethminer -F http://eth2.suprnova.cc:3000/pokeytex.cgar/10 --mining-threads 5

CUDA SWITCH--

Where is the Cuda switch "-U"?  And, at a pool, you normally need your account number, not a user name.  You need to generate an account number with Geth, the text-only command line wallet.  Check the several CryptoMining Blog articles on how to set up and run Ethminer, several have been linked on recent pages in this thread.

If you are running Windows 8.1 and have 750ti cards, you will not get optimal results, only ~1Mh/s per card.  There is a known bug.

--scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
zTheWolfz

Activity: 231
Merit: 150

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:36:44 AM

Still seeing a little better numbers from r57 vs r61v4 I think that's the release number for the most recent r61.
with my new tweaked command line, same flags used for both test. Do I have a magic r57 release?  Shocked   Grin  Wink

r57

r61v? downloaded a page of so back from your link sp_

ryen123

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:43:18 AM

CUDA SWITCH--

Where is the Cuda switch "-U"?  And, at a pool, you normally need your account number, not a user name.  You need to generate an account number with Geth, the text-only command line wallet.  Check the several CryptoMining Blog articles on how to set up and run Ethminer, several have been linked on recent pages in this thread.

If you are running Windows 8.1 and have 750ti cards, you will not get optimal results, only ~1Mh/s per card.  There is a known bug.

--scryptr

@scryptr supurnova.cc uses username.workername, not wallet address like other pools for ethereum. So his .bat file is only missing -U

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:01:14 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 06:33:15 AM by sp_

Still seeing a little better numbers from r57 vs r61v4 I think that's the release number for the most recent r61.
with my new tweaked command line, same flags used for both test. Do I have a magic r57 release?  Shocked   Grin  Wink

When comparing releases you should show the results with the same number of accepts in the miner. Since some cards trottle and loose performance over time.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
lawrencelyl

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:28:35 AM

Maybe possible to add a specific card option switch?  Or released a different optimization binary for different card?
If it's too much development effort, then forget about it Grin
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:31:52 AM

In zTheWolfz example the drop in the hashrate is 2.5% wich is significant. seperate kernals for compute 5.0 and compute 5.2 will solve it.
DJM34 already did this in the lyra2v2 implementation.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:56:24 AM

What's happening with the x11 algo. Nicehash in paying 1BTC/GHASHday now... The dash price seems to be stable

X11   22.0831 GH/s   0.9001 *   1.0013 *   1.1767 / 1.0622 *

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 08:41:38 AM

@crysx

I appreciate your  work with the donation links. I was wondering why are you not creating a multipool. This way you can split the fees between yourself & devs or may be give any excess donations to devs. All the miners who post here & your own farm can mine on your pool instead of nicehash so we have enough hashrate to be profitable. This way everyone wins. yaamp is now opensource so you can use or modify that code. Also if this turns out to be profitable then someone from community can customize the pool code to add features. Also i heard that sp_ is creating a pool or something like that, may be you 2 can work together. What say everyone?

tanx for the feedback sambiohazard ...

this is already in the works ...

though everyone ( except for one dev - who needs some more time to think about whether he wants to or not ) has turned me down to setup the multipool ... for their own reasons - and all valid reasons ... yaamp himself started the setup of the first pool but dropped it due to his involvment in his other projects - so his interest wained in setting up the first multipool and refunded the btc ... he was very helpful - but not wholeheartedly interested in it ... his new projects though are where his focus is ... which is fine - and probably better ... so who can blame him ...

i actually want two pools setup - and will require a developer to modify the code - as im not a coder ... especially in the realms of these great developers who contribute to all the miners ( and ive listed a few earlier ) ...

i havent approached quite a few of the actual devs here ( and in other threads ) due to their workload as it is - but a couple of your suggestions are already part of the plan when i can find someone to install the mulipool to my sepcifications ... i have no issue with payment either - as none of this is being asked to be done for free ... a deal could even be cut - but that depends on the deal the dev and can do ...

it WILL go ahead ... though i think it will be eventual - and which dev will determine which code gets used ... yaamp code is great and is very flexible - but again - i have no one here to help get it organized ...

so maybe this response could be used as a public notice that im looking for someone who knows the code to work with me ( yes - especially devs included ) to setup two multipools ...

nicehash are really good - except for the fees that get charged out ... this is a thorn in my side - but i also understand that they ARE a business and need to make profit ( fiat ) from all their endeavours ... the whole setup was based around yaamp code - ccminer-spmod - exchanges - and market ( which is still under wraps and under development ) ... thefarm has a part to play in this also and im growing that by the week - but one step at a time ...

i WANT the devs to have more than just a few donations here and there ( and the devs are always appreciative of all those who donate - but how much incentive are those donations for them to release private miners and improve public ones? ) ... i want to see a constant flow with of miners and community members donating ...

and i also know that im NOT the only one ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 08:47:20 AM

Why not go for a three tiered plan?

CCMiner Free - not fully optimized, totally free.

CCMiner Lite - 10% faster than Free, mines at 1-2% fee to sp_. (I will take this one)

CCMiner Pro - 20% faster than Free for x BTC, comes with some features that large farms want & need.

Adjust the % of optimization to what you think is fair for your input & what you are getting. I guess many will use "Lite" version just as its 10% faster than free

and what of the other devs that commit optimizations / inclusions / rewrites of the various algos and implementations of 'pulls' that others do for ccminer-spmod? ...

dont forget - this fork is sp's fork - but it is also a conglomeration of work from so many other authors ...

it looks good on paper ( or txt here in this case ) but i honestly believe its impractical ...

i have a farm - would i pay a certain amount for the 'pro' version? ... i can ... but why not use the smaller versions in that case? ... or use the versions that tpruvot puts out? ... or djm34's? ... or klaust's? ... or ...

see what i mean? ...

besides - that looks like a microsoft model of doing things ... no tanx from my end ...

#crysx

hmm but its really not easy to donate unless its a coin like VTC, small miners have to wait a lot before donating BTC. If miner mines to devs its easy, may be devs can come to some agreement among themselves on how to split things up. As for MS model, i guess its good to have features you want & pay for it. This is different from MS in the sense that miners can have a say in what feature they want nothing forced on them, and there is always free version so no one is forced to pay either. Right now we have this very same arrangement with sp's private kernels available which are 20% faster.

We can come up with all kind of plans but it really depends on how much profit miners are making & how fairly they want to share in the economy. Its more about ethics than anything else. We have seen that what happens when profits are not shared (AMD miner model). We are also seeing same in real economy & stock markets that when profits are not shred/reinvested its bad for everyone. So if people are not dumb/greedy & short sighted & want to cannibalize their own profits, then they will pay or market will self adjust by going towards either development stagnation or private miners.

There are a lot of different ways you could present a product and probably no one model is right. I know % based mining fees are the easiest for all involved. If you do a 'paid' version you have to setup a actual way of accepting payment (unless they're just going to do manual transactions with paper receipts). You can split % based mining among contributors as well.

Also agree about the AMD mining conundrum. Good example of all the profit going to a handful of people. I definitely think developers should be fairly compensated, but all the burden (or profit) shouldn't be put on one group of individuals.

I've pushed for something like this a few different times because I don't want to see development stop and I think it's quite fair (as long as the percent isn't jacked up a lot).

As I mentioned earlier, if CCMiner had a API, they could easily adopt MultiMiner to be a frontend and add stats... It's opensource.

it seems that the percentage for mining is the main way that a dev can get his / her portion of the development donation ... but as sp iterated earlier - it wouldnt take much for someone to refork and remove such code ...

the amd model is a fairly simple one - but as you have stated - in the hands of an elite few ... im not against that - except that monopolies are formed that way and that is quite detrimental to the mining community ... and im not against it because the few devs that DO develop the optimizations and miners do release their code and optimizations when they feel that it is ready for the community to take ... in any case - it really isnt this model of opensource availability - so its not really a working model that we can really look at ...

i think that a community of users that GIVE as they receive is a better way of donating to the developers than forcing percentages and keeping miners private ... BUT - unfortunately - not everyone GIVES in order to use these miners and optimizations ... if that was the case - we would not even be discussing this ... is ALL miners gave a little once a week - then the devs would have a LOT of incentive to continue development ...

which is why donating hashrate - no matter how small - may be all the help the devs need ... and moreso - all the donation the smaller miners CAN give for the time being ...

#crysx

You think there would be more people trying to rip off their code then would donate (especially a small fee like 1-2%)? I disagree entirely. It's not perfect. There is no perfect model. Mining fee is the best out of all of them and I'm definitely against mining profits being in the hands of the few as that is exactly what cryptos aren't about. That's what ASICs are and that's why everyone tried to get away from them.

As I talked about earlier, if people want to take this seriously they definitely could make a company around such a model. There are definitely a decent amount of coders around the forums and then they could do extra things like DRM protection and features.

Donations are donations, that's it. You can never expect and you should never expect donations. This means people wont donate even if you think they should and that shouldn't bother you. However if you want steady income and compensation you should sell your work in whatever form that takes. The fact that you guys are trying to haggle and guilt people in the community into donating definitely means that a different payment model should be looked into because the current one is not meeting their requirements. There is nothing wrong with this and there is nothing wrong with switching models.

point taken ...

still - it is what it is ...

who will trust a company unless the devs ARE the company? ... or have a financial obligation to the company? ...

try and team up all the devs to work under one roof - or trust one entity and you are in for some real work ... not impossible and more than plausible - but very very VERY difficult ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 08:52:04 AM

What's happening with the x11 algo. Nicehash in paying 1BTC/GHASHday now... The dash price seems to be stable

X11   22.0831 GH/s   0.9001 *   1.0013 *   1.1767 / 1.0622 *

here i chirp in - the broken record that i am sp ...

my two most fav algos in the world at the moment ... x11 and quark ...

i am more than willing to pay for massive optimizations with those algos - especially x11 ...

its an algo that isnt going to go anywhere - and will only grow ...

#crysx

djeZo

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 10:57:28 AM

sp, any news regarding your GTX 950 ? I received mine today, tested with lyra2v2, and it is not much faster than GTX 750 Ti (only ~15%). I think there is room for improvement.

While on another hand, GTX 950 is the most efficient card for mining Axiom. 900 hps @ 60 W.

antho281

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:04:57 AM

CUDA SWITCH--

--scryptr

@Pokeytex : Have you tried Genoil ethminer? If yes, which one?

@Scryptr : Here's suprnova.cc command line for ethminer

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:21:43 AM

sp, any news regarding your GTX 950 ? I received mine today, tested with lyra2v2, and it is not much faster than GTX 750 Ti (only ~15%). I think there is room for improvement.
While on another hand, GTX 950 is the most efficient card for mining Axiom. 900 hps @ 60 W.

I will get it today. With 768 cuda cores vs 640cuda cores on the 750ti I don't expect much. But I want to check the Hash/Watt and tune my kernals. In the latest sp-mod the Axiom algo is not working. It's just mining with the cpu.

What is the watt usage on quark and lyra2v2?

The card I ordered has a boost clock of 1350 wich is higher than most of the other cards I own.

djeZo

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:43:16 AM

Yea, mine boosts over 1350 too.

Hard to say about exact wall load, because I would need to test it separately without 980 Ti. But it was showing 75% TDP usage. Intensity didn't have much effect on it, 256*256*5 up to 256*256*12 yielded same hashing power ~5khs on lyra2v2.

Regarding Axiom, I made CUDA kernels for it and my results are these so far:
OC GTX 980 Ti ~1300 hps @ 200 W (wall)
OC GTX 960 ~800 hps @ 80 W (wall)
OC GTX 750 Ti ~350 hps @ 40 W (wall)
STOCK-OC GTX 950 ~900hps @ 60 W (wall)

I think 950 could go even higher, but with settings to reach 900hps, 2GB of ram is almost maxed out so there is simply not enough memory to do more parallelization.

I am very disappointed with 980 Ti performance, it seems as if there is some bottleneck that all maxwells share thus 2x faster cards can't get 2x hashing power.

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 11:43:34 AM

CUDA SWITCH--

--scryptr

CUDA SWITCH--

The "-U" switch specifies Cuda coding, the "-G" switch specifies OpenCl coding.  If he has nVidia cards, the "-U" switch is best.  And, I haven't tried to mine with Ethminer on Suprnova, so apologies if they have a different setup than the other Ether coin pools regarding user names.

That being said, there are several good tutorials out there for a miner to research.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:01:30 PM

I am very disappointed with 980 Ti performance, it seems as if there is some bottleneck that all maxwells share thus 2x faster cards can't get 2x hashing power.

Normally the highend cards are clocked lower than the lowend cards, and this is causing the biggest difference. Download GPU-Z and inspect the clocks. A kernal that use little or no memory will always run at max boost.

A $100 gtx 750 with 512 cuda cores can be clocked stable as high as 1500Mz on the core without extra cooling. And then it mines quark at 750ti speed. ( 6100KHASH)

antho281

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

CUDA SWITCH--

--scryptr

CUDA SWITCH--

The "-U" switch specifies Cuda coding, the "-G" switch specifies OpenCl coding.  If he has nVidia cards, the "-U" switch is best.  And, I haven't tried to mine with Ethminer on Suprnova, so apologies if they have a different setup than the other Ether coin pools regarding user names.

That being said, there are several good tutorials out there for a miner to research.       --scryptr

Yep, that's a fact, I just copy suprnova's getting start line, I should had chane the -G for -U, my bad Wink
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:06:31 PM

gtx 750@1500mhash (512 cuda cores)

The gtx 750 has a TDP of 38 watt

and

7950 @mining quark with private bins

Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: