Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:50:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:20:33 PM

Sp_ is drunk again. Funny guy :-D

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 08:25:46 PM

Next week I goto Sicily

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:03:14 PM

Next week I goto Sicily

OMG so good food and wine!

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 09:51:05 PM

Next week I goto Sicily

Right, that has got me started now, I'm off to buy 3 bottles of wine Cheesy
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 12:21:26 AM

100 BTC award for name and adrezzes lamers.

i see you still havent implemented the 'keep sp off keyboard when drunk' lock screen yet ...

Wink ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 05:51:00 AM

Right. Drunk last night. On a wednesday. I need that keyboard locking software Smiley

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:17:16 AM

Next week I goto Sicily

Yes. I will be sailing from Croatia around italy and over to Spain. A friend of mine is moving his boat.
Looking forward to my holiday. Yesterday I mounted rig #39. They all  have 5-6 cards each.

crysx

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 06:23:18 AM

Next week I goto Sicily

Yes. I will be sailing from Croatia around italy and over to Spain. A friend of mine is moving his boat.
Looking forward to my holiday. Yesterday I mounted rig #39. They all  have 5-6 cards each.

nice ...

which cards? ...

and yes - who creates the sp lockout when drunk software? ... why - sp himself Tongue ...

will the ultimate miner be released soon? ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:29:32 AM

which cards? ...

and yes - who creates the sp lockout when drunk software? ... why - sp himself Tongue ...
#crysx

Mostly NVIDIA maxwell cards but I have 12 r9 NANO's, 12 380x and some old 280x and 7970 cards as well. T
The Nano's are amazing, but too expensive.

ldw-com

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 06:49:59 AM

which cards? ...

#crysx

Mostly NVIDIA maxwell cards but I have 12 r9 NANO's, 12 380x and some old 280x and 7970 cards as well. T

Now you're talking...  Cool
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:41:52 AM

I've had this kind of discussion (win vs linux) for 20 years. What I've learned is that they lead nowhere. Windows people will keep saying their OS is better because they have paid for it and because they are unable to use linux. On the other end, the world is full of selfish nerds that use linux and are very close minded.
No reference to anybody here.
You simply gotta get the best of the two worlds, and stop complaining.

Why would someone say their OS is better because it's not free? Also why would someone say something is better having not even tried the other?

1) because they paid for it and want to show others they did not waste their money.
2) it happens everytime: people like to talk about things they don't know about, and they want to do things they don't know how to do. learning is too tiring for most people.

I like free things, I also have used nix. Nix is extremely cryptic. Anything remotely advanced you do in it, you have to use the CLI for... much like Win 3.11. There is just a nice looking UI layered on top of that is borderline worthless other then just running a web browser and maybe some productivity software like document editors and such. If you don't know what you're doing in the CLI or can't find the commands to do what you want to do online you're screwed.

if you took the time to learn CLI, you would know that it's a fast and powerful tool, much more useful than the GUI.
the GUI is for people who don't want to take the time to learn.
and the tools and documentation to learn the CLI are everywhere: man, info, tutorials, guides, FAQs, Q&A sites like stackoverflow...
take some weeks to learn the CLI and save months of time fighting with the limitations of the GUI!

Why would I take time to essentially gain a degree in a area when Windows works pretty much just as good only without the huge learning curve? Just saying 'something is better' isn't really a argument. In this case, its' not, which is why a lot of people use Windows instead of nix and why it'll never catch on for normal users... and why it's also not relevant at the current time.

Nix has a place in life, which is databases and the backbone of the internet... and as always there are people with degrees and certifications working on it.

I only fight with the UI in nix. In Windows it's quite intuitive to get around and do what I want to... that's why there is a UI in the first place, to make everyones life easier without having to memorize a couple hundred commands, infinite variables, syntax, and cause and effect... Meaning seeing exactly what you do right away.

I've had this kind of discussion (win vs linux) for 20 years. What I've learned is that they lead nowhere. Windows people will keep saying their OS is better because they have paid for it and because they are unable to use linux. On the other end, the world is full of selfish nerds that use linux and are very close minded.
No reference to anybody here.
You simply gotta get the best of the two worlds, and stop complaining.

Why would someone say their OS is better because it's not free? Also why would someone say something is better having not even tried the other?

I like free things, I also have used nix. Nix is extremely cryptic. Anything remotely advanced you do in it, you have to use the CLI for... much like Win 3.11. There is just a nice looking UI layered on top of that is borderline worthless other then just running a web browser and maybe some productivity software like document editors and such. If you don't know what you're doing in the CLI or can't find the commands to do what you want to do online you're screwed.

It's not even about the raw "which is better" argument - they're each better at different things. The point is that Bensam goes and talks shit about an OS - and almost every point he makes has ZERO support. Why? Because he knows not a goddamned thing about it, but he wants to trash it. Then the dipshit asserts he's not lazy and entitled because he TALKS about distribution methods... which because he also has jack shit for knowledge of development or sales, his ideas are equally fucking stupid and/or unworkable.

I guess usability and the ability to navigate and repair a OS for someone who doesn't have four years experience and a degree isn't a point. Just because you selectively read my posts doesn't mean I don't make points...

lol... yup a miner fee is unworkable and/or stupid. Also don't have a four year degree... Hey... Claymore, how's your miner working out now that you have virtually every Decred and Ethereum AMD miner on board? Oh yeah... why would he say anything when he's funneling 1% of all Eth and 1% of all Dcr mining into his pocket?

You're a dumbass Wolf0. Anytime you're wrong you bury your head between your legs and start licking your nuts until you can insult the other person enough they don't talk to you anymore... or you just say things that are outright a lie or untrue. That's being said lightly. How often do I throw insults around in a argument? How often do I make points without belittling the other person? It's not hard to get pissed off, show lack of control, or throw insults around. It's hilarious that some people think they're on the winning side because they can throw a tantrum.

Hey look... more points I don't make.

*Nix is cryptic because you are fucking lazy. Second, your miner fee bullshit is not only far from ideal, you try to force it on everyone like they owe you something.

You wanna talk shit? Fine - you make lots of points, most of them based on either faulty logic or are straight up bullshit. I'm not the only one who's gotten annoyed with you, simply because you TRY to annoy people. Assert you are always right, the logic of this being that anything your argument is based on is right. Then wonder why people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about don't like you - it's hilarious that you pretend not to understand why people don't like you.

By the way - Claymore can keep his Eth and DCR profits; I'm happy for him. I'm working on being far ahead of the game, as I've been doing, and I should soon be building my own farm - and mining at several times the efficiency of others, again. So, go ahead - call me a dumbass. You're not even really worth insulting - not like you begin to learn a damned thing. Keep trolling; I'm sure it fulfills you.

Nix is cryptic because I'm lazy? Are you lazy because you wont write code for me for free? People's time has meaning and in this case it's a waste of mine to learn essentially a programming language for a OS so that I can do what I'm already doing with another OS. Get over yourself. You're not the only one whose time is worth something.

Cryptic is not also the same thing as being lazy. Cryptic means it's hard to understand/learn. Most of the time they make it a huge pain in the ass to learn. It's not like a modern day CLI which offers a lot of tips or helpful hints. It's literally a programming language. When I have to dig through the bowels of the internet to find a niche answer that I can't find in the OS on a regular basis there is something seriously wrong. There are a lot of ways they could make learning CLI easier and more intuitive too... however, nix as always doesn't fail to disappoint at being very... cryptic.

I mean why do you think nix (and its bajillion variants) isn't popular outside backbone infrastructure? Its not because no one knows about it or they're lazy.

Look more points. I guess with faulty logic because they aren't yours.

Where did I ever talk about people liking me or hating me? Once again you just talking random shit out your ass in a desperate attempt to win some cred in the argument by making me look bad.

I assert I'm right with my points and with logic. You assert yours by talking down to someone, insulting them, then just saying they're wrong without disproving them. So eat my fucking points, eat all of them, you're wrong.

Going on to Eth... show how little know how you have when it comes to cryptoconomy if you're turning your nose up at 1% of Ethereum mining profits across the board. Oh and this is another point of why a mining fee works, but once again this isn't about you, is it? It's about proving a system works and your acknowledgement or approval means exactly dick when it comes to a system that works and is beneficial for everyone. Matter of a fact it has nothing to do with disproving they work either.

As far as building a farm goes... go at it dude. Not sure why I would care about your success again, but I guess since everything is about you... There is a reason there is more then one job in the world. You'll eventually figure that out once you try to do everything.

"You're not even really worth insulting" ...yet you do it all the fucking time and that's all you do in a argument. Lets add hypocrite to the list of your adjectives.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 08:54:48 AM

"Why would I take time to essentially gain a degree in a area when Windows works pretty much just as good only without the huge learning curve? Just saying 'something is better' isn't really a argument. In this case, its' not, which is why a lot of people use Windows instead of nix and why it'll never catch on for normal users... and why it's also not relevant at the current time."

windows doesn't work pretty much just as good as linux.
the reason you don't know that, is that you don't know the CLI.
"why people use windows"? you shouldn't ask that, but "what people use windows" :-D
the answers are all there, you just don't seem to want to find them.

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 09:38:59 AM

I think --cpu-priority 0  may work and solve the problem .. but what do you have sp5 private  set at if you have that in there?

I think sp5 private has a buffer overflow.
--cpu-priority 0 will not fix the problem.
Go claymore.....

DOES NOT VALIDATE ON CPU--

I mine NeoScrypt with #5.  I get continual "Does Not Validate on CPU" errors.  On my GTX 960, I get 405KH/s with a general workload on the computer.       --scryptr
I get the same... didn't have a chance to report it.
crysx

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 09:43:23 AM

which cards? ...

#crysx

yup - all good ...

i think with a selection as broad as that - all manner of mining and setups can be done ... that can only be a good thing ...

but the question i raised earlier - is the ultimate miner goign to be released soon mate? ...

#crysx

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:16:33 AM

"Why would I take time to essentially gain a degree in a area when Windows works pretty much just as good only without the huge learning curve? Just saying 'something is better' isn't really a argument. In this case, its' not, which is why a lot of people use Windows instead of nix and why it'll never catch on for normal users... and why it's also not relevant at the current time."

windows doesn't work pretty much just as good as linux.
the reason you don't know that, is that you don't know the CLI.
"why people use windows"? you shouldn't ask that, but "what people use windows" :-D
the answers are all there, you just don't seem to want to find them.

Considering you don't need the CLI in Windows that doesn't account for anything? Time doesn't account for anything?

Just about everything better in this case is running internet backbone applications like databases that demand 99.999999% uptime.

Specifically in the case of mining, that doesn't matter... When scrypt was around you could irk a tiny bit more speed out of rigs by running nix (10%), which is when I ran it. Now days it doesn't with the exception of some niche cases like 750ti on Eth. The difference is moot.

Performance wise, there are better OCing tools, better monitoring tools, and better mining tools on Windows allowing you to further take advantage of your hardware.

From a stability standpoint, I've not had any problems with Windows stability. Stability because of mining software or OCing is different. Neither of that is Windows fault. Switching to nix would not fix either of those issues.

So why would anyone spend a ridiculous amount of time learning a OS which gives no apparent benefits?

Oh and BASH and/or Powershell.

Anyways... mining profits are now down under $2 a 970, which is what I predicted two months ago when things started climbing. Not sure if they'll keep falling, there is about 5x as much GPU hash on cryptocoins as there was back then... Almost all of it is still on Eth. I think coin investors are trying to rally and push BTC in front of the halving that's going to happen. Pretty sure it wont be a huge adjustment though... maybe a extra $100 if we're lucky. The last one already got dumped on.

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:24:26 AM

again, you are on another wavelenght:

"Considering you don't need the CLI in Windows that doesn't account for anything? Time doesn't account for anything?"

not having the cli makes you waste time. once you learn the cli, you run a lot of tasks faster and better. invest your time learning, in order to do things on a higher level.
that's the part you don't understand, and what all this talk is about.

let's end this offtopic now, please.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:38:37 AM

again, you are on another wavelenght:

"Considering you don't need the CLI in Windows that doesn't account for anything? Time doesn't account for anything?"

not having the cli makes you waste time. once you learn the cli, you run a lot of tasks faster and better. invest your time learning, in order to do things on a higher level.
that's the part you don't understand, and what all this talk is about.

let's end this offtopic now, please.

Except it doesn't. Just because you can type faster does not mean it brings up all the associated dialogues and tools for you to use. It's great from a power user perspective as in you can change just about anything (although you can do that with BASH and Powershell was good for that originally as well), I would definitely disagree about the speed part. Try using a graph in CLI.

A couple clicks isn't worth hundreds of hours worth of time investment for a OS that doesn't even work better for what most people use it for... which is the whole reason almost no consumers use it, even for mining. Even then you often times have to pamper it by downloading specialized packages and tools you have to hunt for online which is a PITA... and also a waste of time.

You can't make a argument for CLI being faster. You can make a argument for Nix being better because it's more stable (depending on what you're doing) and you have more control (excluding Windows power user apps), but that once again doesn't apply in this situation... or usually... almost all of the time.

I perfectly understand what we're talking about, you just aren't looking at what I'm saying in response to you saying 'it's better'. Which is, 'it's not and this is why...'.

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:54:25 AM

I disagree with almost everything you are saying.
I'm using both GUIs and CLIs for 30 years (20 professionally, as my main job), tens of different operating systems, programming languages and platforms.
I know what I'm saying. Now, stop this useless talk.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:24:56 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2016, 02:38:44 PM by sp_

Look's like a dual miner is possible on NVIDIA as well. I have 1GHASH  2GHASH of blakecoin for free while mining etherum. (980ti). Probobly higher rates with more tweaking. In Blakecoin only mode  I get 5GHASH.
I should wrap it up in a 2% miner like claymore. And add some other algos as well. Skein,vcash,pentablake,keccak.

Who is interested?

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 02:37:00 PM

Look's like a dual miner is possible on NVIDIA as well. I have 1GHASH  2GHASH of blakecoin for free while mining etherum. (980ti). Probobly higher rates with more tweaking.

interesting development!

Pages: « 1 ... 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: