Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:04:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:05:03 PM

I will be going private and retire.
O, that sweet word "retirement"! There is a problem, the amount of money to retire is comparable with cost of creating new mining IC. If I'll ever be in such situation the temptation will be too strong Smiley

why he want to retire, i think he was making money with his private miner, if he can support pascal and offer some other private miner, he can rise some other btc, i really need someone that can do the pascal miner, i'm, going to invest big in them

Simply because there's enough competition, an opensource one with similar (if not comparable with intensity) speed.

Imagine the satisfaction of whoever donated, due this immediate retirement. Easy money, no obligations.

What opensource code competes with what SP puts out? The only reason any of the other developers feel a reason to contribute is some convoluted form of rivalry or superiority they need to try and flaunt over him when he puts out a new version.

Part of the reason I skipped off of AMD was because of the work the developers put into Nvidia mining software, most of that was being perpetuated by SP. If SP skips out, Nvidia mining will more then likely suffer greatly or just end up in the same boat as AMD, where only a few people are allowed to pay a arm and a leg for private kernels and everyone else is very much SOL.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2016, 08:56:39 PM

yes sure :p please stop saying shit please

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:57:18 AM

Thanks everyone for the advice on how to get this Nvidia rig to run with ccminer.  Last night I tore the rig all down and started from scratch, replaced a bunch of powered risers with versions that I think are better quality.  I checked the mobo PCI-E slots with a good GPU to validate that the rig boots and works normally in each of the PCIE slots.  Then attempted to plug in each of the GPU's as a single GPU to make sure they booted and worked.  Next I tried to plug in each GPU one at a time adding to the previous one to see if there were any issues.  The rig seems fine until you plug in that last(6th) GPU then it acts strange...

So I decided the only way to figure out if I have a bad GPU in the bunch is to plug in one GPU and launch the miner and let it run overnight if it will stay up and not crash... So I did that last night, connected a single GPU and ran the miner.  No intensity settings are set.  It mined fine, stayed up all night.  So this morning first thing I connected a second GPU and let it run all day with just 2 GPU's.  It ran all day, no issues.  This evening I connected a 3rd GPU and will let it run until the morning.  I will keep adding GPU's until I start to see the "validate on CPU" errors and crashing. 

I thought maybe I was having the issue where the number of GPU's isn't supported, but after digging around today that issue appeared to be related to AMD GPU's, and I didn't see anything about Nvidia gpu's having that issue.  But I am starting to wonder what might be going on if I get down to the 6th GPU and the errors return... I don't want to get the cart before the horse here, but it seems kind of strange. 

I will have to order some more powered risers.  I used the last of my spares last night replacing ones that I suspected might be an issue.   Hopefully things will stay stable with ccminer.  I am using the affinity 0, cpu priority 0, -C switches to startup the miner, but I left out the intensity and it seems to be working so far.  Any other thoughts or inputs would be great.  Thanks again...

I am sorry to hear that SP_ is talking about retiring.  It must be a great feeling to be ready to retire, but we really do need his talent here... I hope he will reconsider for a little while longer... :-)

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 04:26:41 AM

Thanks everyone for the advice on how to get this Nvidia rig to run with ccminer.  Last night I tore the rig all down and started from scratch, replaced a bunch of powered risers with versions that I think are better quality.  I checked the mobo PCI-E slots with a good GPU to validate that the rig boots and works normally in each of the PCIE slots.  Then attempted to plug in each of the GPU's as a single GPU to make sure they booted and worked.  Next I tried to plug in each GPU one at a time adding to the previous one to see if there were any issues.  The rig seems fine until you plug in that last(6th) GPU then it acts strange...

So I decided the only way to figure out if I have a bad GPU in the bunch is to plug in one GPU and launch the miner and let it run overnight if it will stay up and not crash... So I did that last night, connected a single GPU and ran the miner.  No intensity settings are set.  It mined fine, stayed up all night.  So this morning first thing I connected a second GPU and let it run all day with just 2 GPU's.  It ran all day, no issues.  This evening I connected a 3rd GPU and will let it run until the morning.  I will keep adding GPU's until I start to see the "validate on CPU" errors and crashing. 

I thought maybe I was having the issue where the number of GPU's isn't supported, but after digging around today that issue appeared to be related to AMD GPU's, and I didn't see anything about Nvidia gpu's having that issue.  But I am starting to wonder what might be going on if I get down to the 6th GPU and the errors return... I don't want to get the cart before the horse here, but it seems kind of strange. 

I will have to order some more powered risers.  I used the last of my spares last night replacing ones that I suspected might be an issue.   Hopefully things will stay stable with ccminer.  I am using the affinity 0, cpu priority 0, -C switches to startup the miner, but I left out the intensity and it seems to be working so far.  Any other thoughts or inputs would be great.  Thanks again...

I am sorry to hear that SP_ is talking about retiring.  It must be a great feeling to be ready to retire, but we really do need his talent here... I hope he will reconsider for a little while longer... :-)

Good plan, just make sure you rotate the 6th GPU into a working slot and also try with a working GPU
in the 6th slot but with another slot empty so there are fewer than 6 cards installed. That should isolate
the problem of one of:

- the GPU
- the slot
- the number of GPUs installed

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:25:18 AM

How is your dual miner coming along or optimized kernel for DCR?

It's great and everything when devs see kernel development as a hobby and they put time into whatever they feel like, whenever they feel like it... but mining is a job for some of us and we need developers that see it as a job. I am very much willing to pay for it... and have, but you can't pay money for something that either does not exist or someone wont sell you.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:32:32 AM

It's great and everything when devs see kernel development as a hobby and they put time into whatever they feel like, whenever they feel like it... but mining is a job for some of us and we need developers that see it as a job. I am very much willing to pay, but you can't pay money for something that either does not exist or someone wont sell you.

Relax, Epsylon3. Dude is full of nothing BUT shit.

So where are your miners you openly sell to the public? Oh yeah...

Say hello to the guy that fucked over everyone except the giant farms on AMD's side with his private kernels. Don't worry, I didn't forget.

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:33:52 AM

It's great and everything when devs see kernel development as a hobby and they put time into whatever they feel like, whenever they feel like it... but mining is a job for some of us and we need developers that see it as a job. I am very much willing to pay, but you can't pay money for something that either does not exist or someone wont sell you.

Say hello to the guy that fucked over everyone except the giant farms on AMD's side with his private kernels. Don't worry, I didn't forget.

You just forgot the whole miners history. Or you are remembering only what you want to.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:40:01 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2016, 09:51:35 AM by bensam1231

You just forgot the whole miners history. Or you are remembering only what you want to.

Why don't you rehash the 'whole miners history'? I guess I don't have that down pat.

Are we going to talk about the part where he releases his kernels after they get leaked and people try to sell them, so it looks like a act of 'good faith'... or the part where he graciously makes miners (usually getting paid by the developers) for coins that no one uses or cares about?

He knows where the money is and he knows what miners need. He refuses to sell to small or even medium size miners... even large miners with the coin if he doesn't like them... I lost a good amount of money to that fucktwat due to his schenanagins and he talks about me running my mouth?

Lets look at the real world for a second: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/anticompetitive-practices

Specifically, this guy: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/single-firm-conduct/exclusive-supply-or

...but, you know... it doesn't matter cause this is all online, right?

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 09:56:43 AM

I don't want to start another conversation with you, Bensam, because I know it leads nowhere.
Let me just say you are, again, recalling what you want and forgetting who made the miners in the first place.
There is Wolf0's name even in the old opencl code for scrypt, but you surely don't know or don't want to remember.
Now show me YOUR contributions :-D

Namsbreh

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:12:09 AM

Please stop quoting Bensam.........it makes the ignore function kinda pointless!!!
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 12:23:44 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice on how to get this Nvidia rig to run with ccminer.  Last night I tore the rig all down and started from scratch, replaced a bunch of powered risers with versions that I think are better quality.  I checked the mobo PCI-E slots with a good GPU to validate that the rig boots and works normally in each of the PCIE slots.  Then attempted to plug in each of the GPU's as a single GPU to make sure they booted and worked.  Next I tried to plug in each GPU one at a time adding to the previous one to see if there were any issues.  The rig seems fine until you plug in that last(6th) GPU then it acts strange...

So I decided the only way to figure out if I have a bad GPU in the bunch is to plug in one GPU and launch the miner and let it run overnight if it will stay up and not crash... So I did that last night, connected a single GPU and ran the miner.  No intensity settings are set.  It mined fine, stayed up all night.  So this morning first thing I connected a second GPU and let it run all day with just 2 GPU's.  It ran all day, no issues.  This evening I connected a 3rd GPU and will let it run until the morning.  I will keep adding GPU's until I start to see the "validate on CPU" errors and crashing.  

I thought maybe I was having the issue where the number of GPU's isn't supported, but after digging around today that issue appeared to be related to AMD GPU's, and I didn't see anything about Nvidia gpu's having that issue.  But I am starting to wonder what might be going on if I get down to the 6th GPU and the errors return... I don't want to get the cart before the horse here, but it seems kind of strange.  

I will have to order some more powered risers.  I used the last of my spares last night replacing ones that I suspected might be an issue.   Hopefully things will stay stable with ccminer.  I am using the affinity 0, cpu priority 0, -C switches to startup the miner, but I left out the intensity and it seems to be working so far.  Any other thoughts or inputs would be great.  Thanks again...

I am sorry to hear that SP_ is talking about retiring.  It must be a great feeling to be ready to retire, but we really do need his talent here... I hope he will reconsider for a little while longer... :-)

no - you dont seem to be doing anything wrong at all mate ...

if you read back quite a few pages - i had the same problem with 6 x gigabyte 980ti g1 / extreme cards ...

after almost two weeks of research and stuffing around - the fix? ...

run 5 cards ...

it seems that the nvidia driver craps itself when 6 cards are placed altogether ... i can assure you that i am no novice to mining - and you will find the same thing on your end ... i have yet to find a 'real' fix for this issue ...

6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards work fine - but the 980ti g1 / extreme cards refuse to and stop functioning at 6 cards ...

i run fedora 23 x64 - with the latest drivers from the repo ( not the manually downloaded and installed nvidia drivers from their site ) and it is the same issue - time and time again ...

when thefarm is in its new home - ill be in a better position to test on different motherboards also - as i honestly believe it is a BIOS allocation issue ... i feel VERY confident that if i placed the cards on a supermicro server board that is built for hpc ( larger BIOS and designed to handle VGA allocation in BIOS ) - it will run fine with these big cards ...

what is the make and model of your motherboard? ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
DragonSlayer

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:28:10 PM

Why don't you rehash the 'whole miners history'? I guess I don't have that down pat.

Are we going to talk about the part where he releases his kernels after they get leaked and people try to sell them, so it looks like a act of 'good faith'... or the part where he graciously makes miners (usually getting paid by the developers) for coins that no one uses or cares about?

He knows where the money is and he knows what miners need. He refuses to sell to small or even medium size miners... even large miners with the coin if he doesn't like them... I lost a good amount of money to that fucktwat due to his schenanagins and he talks about me running my mouth?

Lets look at the real world for a second: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/anticompetitive-practices

Specifically, this guy: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/single-firm-conduct/exclusive-supply-or

I can honestly say that you are wrong bensam1231.

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:18:39 PM

run 5 cards ...

it seems that the nvidia driver craps itself when 6 cards are placed altogether ... i can assure you that i am no novice to mining - and you will find the same thing on your end ... i have yet to find a 'real' fix for this issue ...

6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards work fine - but the 980ti g1 / extreme cards refuse to and stop functioning at 6 cards ...

i run fedora 23 x64 - with the latest drivers from the repo ( not the manually downloaded and installed nvidia drivers from their site ) and it is the same issue - time and time again ...

when thefarm is in its new home - ill be in a better position to test on different motherboards also - as i honestly believe it is a BIOS allocation issue ... i feel VERY confident that if i placed the cards on a supermicro server board that is built for hpc ( larger BIOS and designed to handle VGA allocation in BIOS ) - it will run fine with these big cards ...

#crysx

That is very interesting crysx, and is matching a pattern I think that I am seeing here also.  I am still in testing at the moment and hopefully should have a better feel by tomorrow where I stand with these cards.

My mobo is a ASRock H97 Anniversary.  My GPU's are Gigabyte Windforce 750ti's. 
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2016, 02:51:33 PM

run 5 cards ...

#crysx

That is very interesting crysx, and is matching a pattern I think that I am seeing here also.  I am still in testing at the moment and hopefully should have a better feel by tomorrow where I stand with these cards.

My mobo is a ASRock H97 Anniversary.  My GPU's are Gigabyte Windforce 750ti's.  

my motherboard on this machine is the asrock h81btcpro - built for mining ...

the 750ti have no issue with 6 cards - the 980ti run ony 5 - and when the 6th card is inserted - the drivers will not allow the system to boot into gnome ( the desktop ) ...

btw - 16gb kingston hyperx hi performance RAM ( 2 x 8gb ) ... the asrock h81btcpro will not take any more than 16gb ... so i cant even test whether its the RAM ...

cpu is g1840 celeron dual core ... this could also be an issue here ...

im off to be in the next 25mins ... and wont be back on till monday now ... i hope it goes well for you with the testing ...

skype me if need be - as we seem to have a similar issue here ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:23:56 PM

well 980ti is garbage anyway, not worth it for ethereum especially, as long as you don't have issue with the 970 you are safe

still new pascal are not that promising, i think it's better to focus the attention on amd
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:33:30 PM

well 980ti is garbage anyway, not worth it for ethereum especially, as long as you don't have issue with the 970 you are safe

still new pascal are not that promising, i think it's better to focus the attention on amd

both the 970 and 980ti can be very efficient (read: equal) in mining non-memory intensive algos, and you can find theme used at bargain price.
980ti is good for density, 970 for lowest buying cost.
if the 1080 is 1.5x in efficiency, it's a good card, still not worth buying IMHO.
maybe the 1070 will be.

bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 04:30:55 PM

I don't want to start another conversation with you, Bensam, because I know it leads nowhere.
Let me just say you are, again, recalling what you want and forgetting who made the miners in the first place.
There is Wolf0's name even in the old opencl code for scrypt, but you surely don't know or don't want to remember.
Now show me YOUR contributions :-D

I've posted my donations in the thread to SP, Genoli, and Epsylon in addition to buying miners.

Want to post such a txt document? Also still doesn't change the fact that he single handedly destroyed mining for all small and medium size miners in addition to some larger miners who he didn't like.

Normally, I don't even respond to this kind of shit, because no one needs an explanation to see his argument doesn't hold water...

But this one is funny! Exclusive supply or purchase agreements... the link talking about antitrust laws to do with stopping others from entering the market. Best part is - I encourage it. He doesn't want to get off his lazy ass and *do* anything of value like compete, so he bitches and moans. But that does not imply I'm stopping him.  Grin

You're not looking at things the right way, you have exclusivity agreements with miners. You aren't a single entity, both miner and kernel developer, you are a supplier of kernels.

I can't compete with other miners because the supply of kernels isn't open for purchase. Not only can I not compete, I was forced out of business because of it as were all other miners that weren't using your kernels...

Ever wonder why the government takes apart monopolies and forces something like the Bells to break up and form smaller conglomerates or more recently lease out towers for cell phone usage? Same thing goes for internet backbones and more recently net-neutrality.

It's interesting how you're all gung-ho about being 'legal', but only when it suits your needs.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 04:37:03 PM

both the 970 and 980ti can be very efficient (read: equal) in mining non-memory intensive algos, and you can find theme used at bargain price.
980ti is good for density, 970 for lowest buying cost.
if the 1080 is 1.5x in efficiency, it's a good card, still not worth buying IMHO.
maybe the 1070 will be.

the problem is that only etheruem is profitable, all the gpu with non-cheap energy would be pointless to run
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:15:10 PM

So I just watched the release video of the GTX 1080 and 1070 and the one thing that stood out like a sore thumb is that the GTX 1080 is 3 times the energy efficieny of the Titan X.  Does that mean Titan X (250 watt) TDP divided by 3 = 83 watts max TDP on GTX 1080?

restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:32:51 PM

1080 max TDP is 180W (fixed in BIOS)
There will be non-reference design cards with higher TDP
Pages: « 1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 [571] 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: