Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:16:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:50:54 PM

well 980ti is garbage anyway, not worth it for ethereum especially, as long as you don't have issue with the 970 you are safe

still new pascal are not that promising, i think it's better to focus the attention on amd

both the 970 and 980ti can be very efficient (read: equal) in mining non-memory intensive algos, and you can find theme used at bargain price.
980ti is good for density, 970 for lowest buying cost.
if the 1080 is 1.5x in efficiency, it's a good card, still not worth buying IMHO.
maybe the 1070 will be.

the problem is that only etheruem is profitable, all the gpu with non-cheap energy would be pointless to run

Not true. For example blake2s profit is 2x cost even with high electricity bills like I have. Miner is opensource.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:17:13 PM

well 980ti is garbage anyway, not worth it for ethereum especially, as long as you don't have issue with the 970 you are safe

still new pascal are not that promising, i think it's better to focus the attention on amd

both the 970 and 980ti can be very efficient (read: equal) in mining non-memory intensive algos, and you can find theme used at bargain price.
980ti is good for density, 970 for lowest buying cost.
if the 1080 is 1.5x in efficiency, it's a good card, still not worth buying IMHO.
maybe the 1070 will be.

the problem is that only etheruem is profitable, all the gpu with non-cheap energy would be pointless to run

Not true. For example blake2s profit is 2x cost even with high electricity bills like I have. Miner is opensource.

blake2s? wasn't that algo used by neva and the scam called oxecoin? how many mega per card, i'm not aware now about the hashrate improvement for that algo, i remember it was 2mgea only per gpu(970 or 380)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:23:13 PM

Now there is verge as well (on blake2s).
Also try x17 and neoscrypt.

hmage

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:25:25 PM

the problem is that only etheruem is profitable

"Only"? How so?

https://hmage.net/minerstats.php#gpu_2x970_oc
https://grafana.hmage.net/dashboard/db/miner-stats
https://grafana.hmage.net/dashboard/db/integral-algo-comparison

2x970OC is ~400W. That's 0.069$/day here. Subtract that and you get a good profit for many algos besides Ethereum.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:36:20 PM

yes sure :p please stop saying shit please

How is your dual miner coming along or optimized kernel for DCR?

It's great and everything when devs see kernel development as a hobby and they put time into whatever they feel like, whenever they feel like it... but mining is a job for some of us and we need developers that see it as a job. I am very much willing to pay, but you can't pay money for something that either does not exist or someone wont sell you.

Relax, Epsylon3. Dude is full of nothing BUT shit.

So where are your miners you openly sell to the public? Oh yeah...

Say hello to the guy that fucked over everyone except the giant farms on AMD's side with his private kernels. Don't worry, I didn't forget.

You just forgot the whole miners history. Or you are remembering only what you want to.

Why don't you rehash the 'whole miners history'? I guess I don't have that down pat.

Are we going to talk about the part where he releases his kernels after they get leaked and people try to sell them, so it looks like a act of 'good faith'... or the part where he graciously makes miners (usually getting paid by the developers) for coins that no one uses or cares about?

He knows where the money is and he knows what miners need. He refuses to sell to small or even medium size miners... even large miners with the coin if he doesn't like them... I lost a good amount of money to that fucktwat due to his schenanagins and he talks about me running my mouth?

Lets look at the real world for a second: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/anticompetitive-practices

Specifically, this guy: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/single-firm-conduct/exclusive-supply-or

...but, you know... it doesn't matter cause this is all online, right?

Normally, I don't even respond to this kind of shit, because no one needs an explanation to see his argument doesn't hold water...

But this one is funny! Exclusive supply or purchase agreements... the link talking about antitrust laws to do with stopping others from entering the market. Best part is - I encourage it. He doesn't want to get off his lazy ass and *do* anything of value like compete, so he bitches and moans. But that does not imply I'm stopping him.  Grin

You're not looking at things the right way, you have exclusivity agreements with miners. You aren't a single entity, both miner and kernel developer, you are a supplier of kernels.

I can't compete with other miners because the supply of kernels isn't open for purchase. Not only can I not compete, I was forced out of business because of it as were all other miners that weren't using your kernels...

Ever wonder why the government takes apart monopolies and forces something like the Bells to break up and form smaller conglomerates or more recently lease out towers for cell phone usage? Same thing goes for internet backbones and more recently net-neutrality.

It's interesting how you're all gung-ho about being 'legal', but only when it suits your needs.

Still actually fair game. Anyone can start developing. I'm not actively, or hell, even passively trying to stop it. You act like you can't get on, say, Freelancer and hire a dev. Oh, too expensive? Free market sucks when it doesn't go your way, eh?

Also still doesn't change the fact that he single handedly destroyed mining for all small and medium size miners in addition to some larger miners who he didn't like.

I almost wish this shit was true... kinda makes me wonder if you're really delusional, or just trolling. Either way, from talking to you, I sound pretty badass.

I don't think you understand what it means that I'm a miner and you're a kernel developer. You can still engage in anti-competitive practices if someone else can do what you're doing. You can also go mine your own coal to generate your own electricity or extract your own venom for a anti-venom if you end up poisoned.

In this case you're colluded with the people whom you sold your kernels to in such a way that locked down the mining market and preventing entry into it. Mining and kernel development are two different jobs. You specifically obfuscated your market and sales (and still do) as well to prevent competition from outside sources. Making it appear as though there isn't a market when there really is. Not only that, it fed people who may have wanted to enter into the mining market a false sense of costs and ability to compete with other miners who are already in the market.

To this day, since the rise of Eth, not many miners no what it was like to mine on AMD hardware pre-Ethereum... especially a year ago.

Honestly if it were so easy to do your job and you believed that anyone could do it, you wouldn't have a job nor would you brag about what a huge farm you're going to eventually will out of thin air and flaunt over all of us.

This is like being a restaurant and only having one source of produce/spices/meat. Could I start my own cattle farm, raise my own chickens, plants my own vegetables, and mill my own spices? Sure... Is it a reasonable assumption that a restaurant should do this and as such that one supplier should charge whatever they want and sell to whomever they want? No.

This is all in the past BTW... You definitely fucked me over and a ton of other people. Losing thousands of dollars due to someone playing shady ball behind everything else isn't something people easily forget. Since I've learned about this I can now back other people, raise awareness, and hopefully stop this from happening again.

Speaking of delusional glad you still pretend that didn't happen and you still continue to sell your kernels behind closed doors to the highest bidders and push all the small folk out.

Either way, from talking to you, I sound pretty badass.

Finally that insecure in the choices you've made that you have to reassure yourself? Mind you that you aren't reassuring yourself that you've made the right choices, rather that you just adequately put down a poor SoB online whom you screwed out of a lot of money in a proper school boy fashion.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:44:30 PM

"Only"? How so?

2x970OC is ~400W. That's 0.069$/day here. Subtract that and you get a good profit for many algos besides Ethereum.

Ethereum is leading all of those, especially including volume and hashrate. If Ethereum falls, they all go under Ethereum. For all intent and purpose, GPU mining is completely dependent on Eth now. It's extremely rare for other coins to earn more then Eth just like Sha-256 coins earning more then BTC.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 08:55:40 PM

"Only"? How so?

https://www.whattomine.com/coins?

the most profit come from ethereum clone, yes apparently feathercoin is profitable on average

Now there is verge as well (on blake2s).
Also try x17 and neoscrypt.

they are below ethereum, what i mean when etheruem is the only profitable coin, is that when etheruem will be not profitable anymore, all the other will follow

right now those other are profitable only because etheruem is profitable, in fact when etheruem tanked, all the other where tanking also

feathercoin was an exception because it was pumped...
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 12:51:52 AM

Everyone keeps talking about ETH is the only profitable coin to mine.

96 Mh/s gets just about 1 ETH per day. Not too bad as that still covers total electric per day plus some left over.

I have not mined ETH in months as there are better options out there.

Oh and before you respond Bensam like you did the last time I posted something like this about not telling what it is, you have your secret coins like everyone else.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:39:21 AM

Well I have decided after battling with this rig and trying to isolate the issues that one of the GPU's is bad.  Running 4 or 5 gpu's always results in the error condition validation on the CPU.  Frankly I am fed up.  I thought it might be drivers issues at this point so I doubled back and updated all the drivers again to make sure I didn't miss anything.  Then for good measure and probably to my detriment I upgraded to Windows 10.  Still same issues.

So today is like day 29 of a 30 day return policy with Superbiiz.  So I have requested an RMA and going to send all 6 of these GPU's back.  They replied I am outside my 30 day window, but 4/22 - 5/20 is not 30 days.  So looks like we are going to be battling. 

So I am going back to AMD land and going to run this rig for Eth.  I really wanted the 750ti's for the low power consumption because I know things are going to get lean again when Eth goes POS or crashes... which ever comes first and only the most efficient live to mine another day when the profits are slim.  Unfortunately I can't seem to get ccminer to run without puking a lung so I have to cry uncle and go back to what I know works.

The funny part is that the exact mobo, cpu, memory, psu rig combo I am already using with 6 AMD gpu's running Linux and other than the pain in getting Linux drivers, and software compiled to run it has run pretty well.  So I know that this combo of hardware works.  Why I cannot get it to run what is a much easier load with the 750ti's has me baffled. 

So anyway, thanks everyone for your help.  Hopefully retrofitting this rig for AMD cards will be painless.  I had one card sitting looking for a home so I put it in the rig and have it mining Eth now.  So far so good...  Time to go shopping for some cards I guess...

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:46:59 AM

96 Mh/s gets just about 1 ETH per day. Not too bad as that still covers total electric per day plus some left over.

Oh and before you respond Bensam like you did the last time I posted something like this about not telling what it is, you have your secret coins like everyone else.

there are no better option, unless you are talking about random altcoin that are more profitable for a very small time frame
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 06:01:47 AM

the moment Eth goes PoS, thousands will start mining every other alt.
Most of these coins are profitable because are mined by few. I've seen how when I add 5 cards to mining a "profitable" alt, the difficulty doubles
smolen

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:54:35 AM

This is like being a restaurant and only having one source of produce/spices/meat. Could I start my own cattle farm, raise my own chickens, plants my own vegetables, and mill my own spices? Sure... Is it a reasonable assumption that a restaurant should do this and as such that one supplier should charge whatever they want and sell to whomever they want? No.
This is more like being gas station and getting franchise from one of very few big oil producers. Independence? What independence? You earn only as much as you allowed to earn.
Well, nothing prevents you from moving to drilling and refinery business - leaving said gas station as a hobby Smiley

Of course I gave you bad advice. Good one is way out of your price range.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 09:39:59 AM

This is more like being gas station and getting franchise from one of very few big oil producers. Independence? What independence? You earn only as much as you allowed to earn.
Well, nothing prevents you from moving to drilling and refinery business - leaving said gas station as a hobby Smiley

Better analogy... And yes, I guess I can drill my own oil and refine it too... Who even needs to drill when I can just grow it - biodiesel!

Putting this all aside, gas stations in real life don't generate the majority of their profit from gas... it's actually from selling stuff in their store. Selling the gas makes them almost no money due to their margins, they just try to get you inside. How that fits inside of the analogy? I don't know...

Unfortunately small coins tank right away if you put any sort of hash on them, so I've been mining Eth. There are still more options if you're a small miner though. Small coins fly under the radar of coinmarketcap and whattomine. Feathercoin was a secret alternative to Eth for a couple days before people completely dumped hash on it.

All of this aside, for the love of god someone make a Nvidia dual miner. 1% of Eth and 1% of Dcr is nothing to sneeze at.

@Genoli http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html

giagge
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:32:27 AM

I want mining powercoin with my Nvidia GTX 970 .

what do I download and how do I configure the bat ?

i use https://pwr.suprnova.cc .

Thanks for any help .
iom

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:04:32 PM

Try release 68.

ccminer --algo=nist5 -o stratum+tcp://pwr.suprnova.cc:4242  -u user.worker -p pass
giagge
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 02:54:54 PM

Thanks!  Smiley .
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 06:16:52 PM

Better analogy... And yes, I guess I can drill my own oil and refine it too... Who even needs to drill when I can just grow it - biodiesel!

Putting this all aside, gas stations in real life don't generate the majority of their profit from gas... it's actually from selling stuff in their store. Selling the gas makes them almost no money due to their margins, they just try to get you inside. How that fits inside of the analogy? I don't know...

Unfortunately small coins tank right away if you put any sort of hash on them, so I've been mining Eth. There are still more options if you're a small miner though. Small coins fly under the radar of coinmarketcap and whattomine. Feathercoin was a secret alternative to Eth for a couple days before people completely dumped hash on it.

All of this aside, for the love of god someone make a Nvidia dual miner. 1% of Eth and 1% of Dcr is nothing to sneeze at.

@Genoli http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html

Of course, I mean, learning how to code worth a shit is totally just like buying ridiculous amounts of INSANELY expensive equipment to get oil.

Does this guy even get the basic premise of the free market? The whole damned point is that if someone charges too much, someone else ends up providing it for less, and they undercut each other. Competition. If it takes a lot of resources, or it requires a skill that not everyone has, then the price goes up. It's not like Bensam could go get someone to do this shit in the free and open market for a lot less than what I get - or he sure as hell would have. Freelancer and done it.

I don't think you understand what someones life is like. Everyone has different skillsets, lets look for a moment at you or me completely changing. Spending a couple years learning a different set of skills is not all that different that starting a giant company. I could more easily start a new company then learn to program to the same level of quality as current releases are at, let alone at yours. For me that's a complete waste of time because my expertise are in other areas. I pay people instead to do that work because that's not where my expertise is. I can't pay for what people don't sell or don't even advertise openly that that's what they sell.

Most people don't know the market exists because you don't present your wares and there is no market to actually buy from due to back room trading.

Not just that, but what market there is isn't a free market. You don't advertise prices and even then you sell them to whomever you want. You've even mentioned you only sell to a handful of people (which are big players in the crypto game, which further pushes down all the other miners) keeping it completely exclusive. This pushes other miners out of the market due to the nature of mining.

There is no other game in town for AMD. The current alternative is SP and friends, which is why I switched to Nvidia. Ethereum completely fucked up your stranglehold on AMD mining, but no one could see that coming.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:03:55 PM

run 5 cards ...

it seems that the nvidia driver craps itself when 6 cards are placed altogether ... i can assure you that i am no novice to mining - and you will find the same thing on your end ... i have yet to find a 'real' fix for this issue ...

6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards work fine - but the 980ti g1 / extreme cards refuse to and stop functioning at 6 cards ...

i run fedora 23 x64 - with the latest drivers from the repo ( not the manually downloaded and installed nvidia drivers from their site ) and it is the same issue - time and time again ...

when thefarm is in its new home - ill be in a better position to test on different motherboards also - as i honestly believe it is a BIOS allocation issue ... i feel VERY confident that if i placed the cards on a supermicro server board that is built for hpc ( larger BIOS and designed to handle VGA allocation in BIOS ) - it will run fine with these big cards ...

what is the make and model of your motherboard? ...

#crysx

That is very interesting crysx, and is matching a pattern I think that I am seeing here also.  I am still in testing at the moment and hopefully should have a better feel by tomorrow where I stand with these cards.

My mobo is a ASRock H97 Anniversary.  My GPU's are Gigabyte Windforce 750ti's.  

my motherboard on this machine is the asrock h81btcpro - built for mining ...

the 750ti have no issue with 6 cards - the 980ti run ony 5 - and when the 6th card is inserted - the drivers will not allow the system to boot into gnome ( the desktop ) ...

btw - 16gb kingston hyperx hi performance RAM ( 2 x 8gb ) ... the asrock h81btcpro will not take any more than 16gb ... so i cant even test whether its the RAM ...

cpu is g1840 celeron dual core ... this could also be an issue here ...

im off to be in the next 25mins ... and wont be back on till monday now ... i hope it goes well for you with the testing ...

skype me if need be - as we seem to have a similar issue here ...

#crysx

does amd have the same issue? and did you tried another os, maybe windows 7 is the problem there

i would probably be in the same boat soon so i want to know
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:19:14 PM

run 5 cards ...

it seems that the nvidia driver craps itself when 6 cards are placed altogether ... i can assure you that i am no novice to mining - and you will find the same thing on your end ... i have yet to find a 'real' fix for this issue ...

6 x gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards work fine - but the 980ti g1 / extreme cards refuse to and stop functioning at 6 cards ...

i run fedora 23 x64 - with the latest drivers from the repo ( not the manually downloaded and installed nvidia drivers from their site ) and it is the same issue - time and time again ...

when thefarm is in its new home - ill be in a better position to test on different motherboards also - as i honestly believe it is a BIOS allocation issue ... i feel VERY confident that if i placed the cards on a supermicro server board that is built for hpc ( larger BIOS and designed to handle VGA allocation in BIOS ) - it will run fine with these big cards ...

what is the make and model of your motherboard? ...

#crysx

That is very interesting crysx, and is matching a pattern I think that I am seeing here also.  I am still in testing at the moment and hopefully should have a better feel by tomorrow where I stand with these cards.

My mobo is a ASRock H97 Anniversary.  My GPU's are Gigabyte Windforce 750ti's.  

my motherboard on this machine is the asrock h81btcpro - built for mining ...

the 750ti have no issue with 6 cards - the 980ti run ony 5 - and when the 6th card is inserted - the drivers will not allow the system to boot into gnome ( the desktop ) ...

btw - 16gb kingston hyperx hi performance RAM ( 2 x 8gb ) ... the asrock h81btcpro will not take any more than 16gb ... so i cant even test whether its the RAM ...

cpu is g1840 celeron dual core ... this could also be an issue here ...

im off to be in the next 25mins ... and wont be back on till monday now ... i hope it goes well for you with the testing ...

skype me if need be - as we seem to have a similar issue here ...

#crysx

does amd have the same issue? and did you tried another os, maybe windows 7 is the problem there

i would probably be in the same boat soon so i want to know
AMD has to workaround for more than 4 cards on w 7, but W 10 works with 6 cards ( I'll try 7 soon ). Nvidia works 6 cards on w 7 but some strange things from time to time happen.  I have several rigs (with 6 nvidia ) and some need 8+GB RAM some not, and last fun is AMD mobo: 6 cards work only one way, if I change position(slots) of 2 cards- only 4 start ( AMD cards, 380 ). To me looks like mobo switches off PCIe in case of smallest irregularity. Usually that is fixed with trying risers (I have them all types) and to me was good idea to short pins that signals "it is GPU" to mobo  ( here:   http://www.gobitgo.com/articles/1001/How-To-Correctly-Use-and-Install-PCI-E-Riser-Cables/  )
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:03:40 PM

Out of desperation I did "upgrade" to Win 10 to ensure that Win 7 wasn't the issue with the 6 gpu's and Win 10 did not fix the issue I was seeing with the Nvidia cards.  I can say that I have this exact same mobo, cpu, memory, ssd, psu combo working fine with 6 AMD gpu's for a different rig.  So I know this combo is capable of running 6 gpu's.  So I am not sure what the real issue is... I thought it might be drivers issues.  The other rig that I spoke of is running Linux, so there is a different OS in the mix. 

When I discovered one of the GPU's wasn't being seen by the Nvidia software I then pulled it out of the mix, and I could finally get the system to boot reliably and behave normally, but still when running ccminer it would fail and crash saying cannot validate to CPU. 

So if your hoping that Win 10 is the magic bullet like I was I wouldn't hold my breath.  The only reason I went this route with windows on this rig was the intention to buy SP_ private release.  Otherwise I would have stuck with Linux.  So now if I run into any Windows related issues with the AMD cards I will just reconfig the rig with Linux and call it a day. 

I hope someone is able to figure out what the issue is.  Nvidia cards are more efficient than the AMD cards and I would love to have a rig that takes me in a more efficient direction for the long haul.
Pages: « 1 ... 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 [572] 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: