Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:02:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 [631] 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347502 times)
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:54:39 PM

MCAP etherum: $789,507,931
MCAP etherum classic: $ 219,019,007

Miners are moving to etherum classic for more profit.
Etherum classic also have 50% more trades on the exchanges and the price is climbing.
ETC will never go POS, and it can become a goldmine for the miners for years to come.
Decentralized, and not controlled by any government, bill gates or the rest of the clowns.

Code is Law.

What about that "mining bomb"? I heard there's a block time explosion in a year.

Nope, that is not true at all!

In January 2017, the dag file will go over 2GB in size.

All this means, any GPU with 2GB will not be able to mine ETH.

But, 290's, 390s, Fury, Nanos, 480s all ship with 4GB or of more memory as standard.

Hardly worth mentioning, unless you own a huge stack of AMD GPUs that are 270s or 370s.

I think grrrgrrr meant this:

There's a difficulty bomb in place for Ethereum which means the difficulty keep increasing regardless of miners:

Difficulty adjustment scheme

A lot of you have been wondering how we would implement a switch from PoW to PoS in time for Serenity. This will be handled by the newly introduced difficulty adjustment scheme, which elegantly guarantees a hard-fork point in the next 16 months.

It works as follow: starting from block 200,000 the difficulty will undergo an exponential increase which will only become noticeable in about a year. At that point (just around the release of the Serenity milestone), we’ll see a significant increase in difficulty which will start pushing the block resolution time upwards.

So, a year on, the network will continue to be useful for roughly 3-4 months, but eventually will reach an ‘Ice Age’ of sorts: the difficulty will simply be too high for anyone to find a block. This will allow us to introduce PoS, perhaps via Casper, if it proves itself.

I guess it will be defused with a soft fork.

Not your keys, not your coins!
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 03:05:56 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 03:16:18 AM by bensam1231

Anyone working on a Steem miner? Definitely would be a great area to spread into for GPU miners.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
GKar

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 03:49:12 AM

Can I get a link to SP's github so I can get the latest version.

I lost it when the computer crashed .
Updating the gpu drivers (non beta)  went south and scrambled the hard driver to where it finely went out.   

ryen123

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 03:51:56 AM

Updating the gpu drivers (non beta)  went south and scrambled the hard driver to where it finely went out.   

See page 1.

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:22:05 PM

Epsylon3 I sent you a pm  plz read.... thx  Smiley
GKar

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:59:40 PM

See page 1.

thanks.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:58:49 PM

So is anyone willing to work on a Nvidia ETH dual miner for commission? It doesn't need to be a ground up rebuild of ETH.

It's silly we're six months in from when Claymore released his and we still don't have one.

scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 12:55:08 AM

So is anyone willing to work on a Nvidia ETH dual miner for commission? It doesn't need to be a ground up rebuild of ETH.

It's silly we're six months in from when Claymore released his and we still don't have one.

CLAYMORE IS WORKING ON ONE--

He has said in his thread that he "had an agreement" not to code an nVidia miner, but that it expired.  When asked for an update last week, he said "1-or-2 weeks". 

He just released version 5.3 of his AMD miner, it remains to be seen if the very latest AMD drivers for RX 460, 470, and 480 will work well with his miner.  I do see on AMD's website that Ubuntu 14.04.4 now has a version of the drivers supporting the new line of cards.  The site only claims compatibility with Ubuntu 16.04.1, though, and these are beta drivers.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:05:51 AM

He has said in his thread that he "had an agreement" not to code an nVidia miner, but that it expired.  When asked for an update last week, he said "1-or-2 weeks". 

He just released version 5.3 of his AMD miner, it remains to be seen if the very latest AMD drivers for RX 460, 470, and 480 will work well with his miner.  I do see on AMD's website that Ubuntu 14.04.4 now has a version of the drivers supporting the new line of cards.  The site only claims compatibility with Ubuntu 16.04.1, though, and these are beta drivers.       --scryptr

Appreciate the information. Obviously some huge farm paid him a LOT of money to specifically code it for AMD. How old is that post? 1-2 weeks out a couple days ago?

That aside, not sure why he would take time to code it. Besides the program not allowing it... Nvidia devices are OCL capable, so it really just needs to be 'flipped on' and allowed to work with Nvidia hardware, more or less.

BTW if you're into AMD hardware, 470s may be the brand new go to for Dagger mining. The 470 performs just about on par with the 480 for Dagger. The 460s have a smaller memory bus, so they might not be up to par... However it will be interesting to see what results they produce as well.

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:57:40 AM

Appreciate the information. Obviously some huge farm paid him a LOT of money to specifically code it for AMD. How old is that post? 1-2 weeks out a couple days ago?

That aside, not sure why he would take time to code it. Besides the program not allowing it... Nvidia devices are OCL capable, so it really just needs to be 'flipped on' and allowed to work with Nvidia hardware, more or less.

BTW if you're into AMD hardware, 470s may be the brand new go to for Dagger mining. The 470 performs just about on par with the 480 for Dagger. The 460s have a smaller memory bus, so they might not be up to par... However it will be interesting to see what results they produce as well.

Or haven't you figured it out by now that none of the current Nvidia devs are interested in doing it.

Pretty sure they are not happy to spend the time to do it and get nothing in return for it.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 03:59:50 AM

He has said in his thread that he "had an agreement" not to code an nVidia miner, but that it expired.  When asked for an update last week, he said "1-or-2 weeks".  

He just released version 5.3 of his AMD miner, it remains to be seen if the very latest AMD drivers for RX 460, 470, and 480 will work well with his miner.  I do see on AMD's website that Ubuntu 14.04.4 now has a version of the drivers supporting the new line of cards.  The site only claims compatibility with Ubuntu 16.04.1, though, and these are beta drivers.       --scryptr

Or haven't you figured it out by now that none of the current Nvidia devs are interested in doing it.

Pretty sure they are not happy to spend the time to do it and get nothing in return for it.

Not sure why you'd assume they wouldn't get anything for doing it? I've mentioned before miner fee or paying for programs like this isn't far fetched. Out of everything they could be doing, that is something that people would most likely pay for. Dagger mining is not unheard of...

Whether or not they want to do it doesn't stop it from being in demand and does not stop it from being something that could earn them money.

Slava_K

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:11:55 AM

Windows 10 x64 1607 have strange problem whith hashrates... main videocard go down in 50%, go up and go down... Avarage hashrate slower on 10 %. But i run 3 instances of lbry miners, and avarage numbers is good (counting all 3 instances). WTF? F***ing windows....

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░
         ░▒▓████▓                             ░▓███▓▓▒▒░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒                ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█                ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█            ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 04:36:50 AM

try --cpu-priority 3 (or 4), i seen something weird like that on pascal, else the speed was fast only when i focused the command line window.... another weird new issue unrelated to ccminer code Wink

Well, else ive a SIA miner under work... it already works on suprnova and nanopool... waiting enough donations to release sources and finish it (aka implement the stratum protocol described on their forum), i just posted that on their forum...  970 1GH/s

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 05:27:41 AM

I FOLLOW CLAYMORE'S THREAD--

Within the last two weeks, he has been asked several times about an nVidia miner.  I asked him, and he told me, about 3 days ago.  If you ask him, he will likely answer you.  He answers the silliest questions from  one dot readers on up.  He earns a lot with his fee, and gives responsible support to match.

I also have been reading about the 470 cards.  Not bad performance for 150 Watts max.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:59:51 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 08:19:21 AM by bensam1231

He has said in his thread that he "had an agreement" not to code an nVidia miner, but that it expired.  When asked for an update last week, he said "1-or-2 weeks".  

He just released version 5.3 of his AMD miner, it remains to be seen if the very latest AMD drivers for RX 460, 470, and 480 will work well with his miner.  I do see on AMD's website that Ubuntu 14.04.4 now has a version of the drivers supporting the new line of cards.  The site only claims compatibility with Ubuntu 16.04.1, though, and these are beta drivers.       --scryptr

I FOLLOW CLAYMORE'S THREAD--

Within the last two weeks, he has been asked several times about an nVidia miner.  I asked him, and he told me, about 3 days ago.  If you ask him, he will likely answer you.  He answers the silliest questions from  one dot readers on up.  He earns a lot with his fee, and gives responsible support to match.

I also have been reading about the 470 cards.  Not bad performance for 150 Watts max.       --scryptr

I asked off and on for a Nvidia miner for the first 2~ months or so after the dual miner was released and never got a response besides 'There is no Nvidia miner'. Good he had a change of heart, there really isn't any competition regardless of the amount of time it went without being fulfilled. I imagine Nvidia hardware performing quite well, especially pascal.

try --cpu-priority 3 (or 4), i seen something weird like that on pascal, else the speed was fast only when i focused the command line window.... another weird new issue unrelated to ccminer code Wink

Well, else ive a SIA miner under work... it already works on suprnova and nanopool... waiting enough donations to release sources and finish it (aka implement the stratum protocol described on their forum), i just posted that on their forum...  970 1GH/s

Hopefully you meet your goals. SIA is sort of in a tough spot though, a 12% increase in performance brings it about up to par with mining Dagger, only without the advantages (such as multiple coins). If you can further improve it you'll probably generate more interest, but you'd need a extra 15-20% on top of what you've already done to make LBRY miners bat a eye.

That really depends on how long LBRY lasts for though. SIA is a much more robust coin, as are dagger coins.

STEEM is still a promising area if you're looking to get donations for a preview miner. I would definitely throw BTC at that.

Slava_K

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:16:01 AM

Windows 10 x64 1607 have strange problem whith hashrates... main videocard go down in 50%, go up and go down... Avarage hashrate slower on 10 %. But i run 3 instances of lbry miners, and avarage numbers is good (counting all 3 instances). WTF? F***ing windows....
Shit, closing Chrome window, and it works good.

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░
         ░▒▓████▓                             ░▓███▓▓▒▒░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒                ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█                ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█            ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:27:34 PM

Shit, closing Chrome window, and it works good.

I haven't had that issue since cudaminer. Try turning hardware acceleration off in Chrome.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:23:40 PM

not that it matter, siacoin have a bad profit right now, even lyra 2 and spreadcoin are better and eth also, basically on par with feathercoin...
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 04:41:04 PM

i dont care about your profit Amph

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:45:45 PM

it's not my profit, i was saying that siacoin is not profitable like other option, the diff is increasing only because of the dual mining thing
Pages: « 1 ... 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 [631] 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: