Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:13:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 149107 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:46:03 PM

Well I still have 2 of them, if anyone is looking to buy 1 I'd part with it.  I'll keep 1 just to torture myself with.

This is funny, I have 3 that I'm hellbent on getting to work correctly...  So far, no dice!  Sad

What part is not working?   If you give more info we might be able to help.

You don't really give any info to what problem is.

The fact that they are not stable and zombie for no apparent reason.  Look back at the last 3 to 5 pages, I have written on almost every one.  Sometimes a unit will run for a week without issues and then that same unit will need to be restarted numerous times in the same day as it rolls through USB ports.  These devices are pure crap!  I've tried the version of CG Miner that is available on Bitmain's page as well as 4.9.0 and 4.9.2; all versions aren't stable once you have multiple U3's on the same computer.  Even now, I have all 3 running on separate computers and still had to restart one this morning and another at lunch time.

When you are having to restart is it just restarting the cgminer?  Or do you physically have to power the U3's?

I'm hoping the first if so I might be able to write a batch file for it.  If have to physically power the U3's the batch file would do no good.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:53:45 PM

When you are having to restart is it just restarting the cgminer?  Or do you physically have to power the U3's?

I'm hoping the first if so I might be able to write a batch file for it.  If have to physically power the U3's the batch file would do no good.

You have to physically de-power the U3 (both usb and 12V).  Unplug, count to 5, plug back in.  Sometime I had to do that more than once to get them going again.
bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:16:57 AM

You have to physically de-power the U3 (both usb and 12V).  Unplug, count to 5, plug back in.  Sometime I had to do that more than once to get them going again.

^^^ this^^^

It's frustrating, shouldn't need a batch file... The product is crap and Bitmain is silent.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:07:47 AM

This is not the case for me. I just have to unplug and replug the usb port only. Someone in this thread mentioned disabling the usb port with a script via the OS then re-enabling it.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:10:31 AM

This is not the case for me. I just have to unplug and replug the usb port only. Someone in this thread mentioned disabling the usb port with a script via the OS then re-enabling it.

Again, a batch file is a work around for bad hardware.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:19:07 AM

Again, a batch file is a work around for bad hardware.

A work around is better then no work around.  It is interesting to think about disable and re-enable.   Not something I have done in a batch file before though.

I personally love my one just the zombie thing is kinda a pain but seems to happen around every 2 days for me.
navigatorus

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 07:30:38 AM

Guys dear,please help me.I bought two antminer u3 and wanted to connect them to the laptop but nothing happened.Managed to connect only one of u3,two u3 did not want to work in.I believe that the problem lies in the fact that in the bat file I have written only one device.I don't understand and don't know how to register two devices.may need to add something in the config,but I don slightest and have no idea how to do it.help tell me what to do.if you can give an example of a bat file or config.the hope is only for the your help.thanks for earlier.
sico2819

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:22:46 AM

Hi guys,

did anyone notice the i2c port on the U3 board ? Is there any way to have fun with it ??

Thanks !
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:40:29 PM

Guys dear,please help me.I bought two antminer u3 and wanted to connect them to the laptop but nothing happened.Managed to connect only one of u3,two u3 did not want to work in.I believe that the problem lies in the fact that in the bat file I have written only one device.I don't understand and don't know how to register two devices.may need to add something in the config,but I don slightest and have no idea how to do it.help tell me what to do.if you can give an example of a bat file or config.the hope is only for the your help.thanks for earlier.

What version of CGminer are you using?   Also you telling it the one device and not other two?  That would for sure cause it.

Try without picking specific device.  As long as you have only U3's connected it will work fine.  If you have other miners yes it will be harder.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 01:13:08 AM

I found that they ran better on a raspberry pi then they did on a CP but they still were unstable every few days id have to hard reboot
navigatorus

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:43:47 AM

What version of CGminer are you using?   Also you telling it the one device and not other two?  That would for sure cause it.

Try without picking specific device.  As long as you have only U3's connected it will work fine.  If you have other miners yes it will be harder.
I use cgminer 4.8.0 .when connected one device then everything works fine.when two devices are attached nothing happens.production will not start.I saw somewhere that in order to connect two or more miners need to use the command -d ,but how to use it?where to write ?I do not understand and do not represent. Sad Huh Huh Huh Huh
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:18:12 AM

I use cgminer 4.8.0 .when connected one device then everything works fine.when two devices are attached nothing happens.production will not start.I saw somewhere that in order to connect two or more miners need to use the command -d ,but how to use it?where to write ?I do not understand and do not represent. Sad Huh Huh Huh Huh

Go ahead and try a newer verision 4.9.2 is what I'm using. I'm not aware of a reason to keep it old with the U3's.

Remove the -d and it should find all U3's.  If not try unplugging power and usb from all miners and see if you and replug them (in case they hit that zombie mode).
navigatorus

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:49:53 AM

Go ahead and try a newer verision 4.9.2 is what I'm using. I'm not aware of a reason to keep it old with the U3's.

Remove the -d and it should find all U3's.  If not try unplugging power and usb from all miners and see if you and replug them (in case they hit that zombie mode).
I downloaded cgminer 4.9.2 but I do not understand how to start.he asks to register the url.what is a url?? I'm sorry I do not understand how to use cgminer.I know how to run cgminer only through .bat file.I also put in .bat cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.6 -o stratum+tcp://thecoin.pw:3540 -xxxxxxx -p xxxxx --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1286 .when you run .bat file to open cgminer window for a split second and closes.nothing else happens.help me please.what am I doing wrong. I don't know anything in cgminer.
Jake36

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:21:58 PM

I downloaded cgminer 4.9.2 but I do not understand how to start.he asks to register the url.what is a url?? I'm sorry I do not understand how to use cgminer.I know how to run cgminer only through .bat file.I also put in .bat cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.6 -o stratum+tcp://thecoin.pw:3540 -xxxxxxx -p xxxxx --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1286 .when you run .bat file to open cgminer window for a split second and closes.nothing else happens.help me please.what am I doing wrong. I don't know anything in cgminer.

asks to register the url.what is a url stratum+tcp://thecoin.pw:3540

ck-'s cgminer does not use --bmsc for the U3's, it's --au3-freq 225 <225 is default, you can use up to 250> --au3-volt 775 <775 is default, use from 725 - 850, what ever gives you best hash at your freq>.
navigatorus

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:08:44 PM

ck-'s cgminer does not use --bmsc for the U3's, it's --au3-freq 225 <225 is default, you can use up to 250> --au3-volt 775 <775 is default, use from 725 - 850, what ever gives you best hash at your freq>.

thank you.now I know where to set the frequency and the voltage in cgminer 4.9.2 look what .bat file I get cgminer -o stratum+tcp://thecoin.pw:3540 -u xxx -p xxx -o stratum+tcp://thecoin.pw:3541 -u xxx -p xxx --au3-freq 250 --au3-volt 800 .but the question remains open what else should I add in there to work simultaneously two antminer u3
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:48:19 PM

thank you.now I know where to set the frequency and the voltage in cgminer 4.9.2 look what .bat file I get cgminer -o stratum+tcp://thecoin.pw:3540 -u xxx -p xxx -o stratum+tcp://thecoin.pw:3541 -u xxx -p xxx --au3-freq 250 --au3-volt 800 .but the question remains open what else should I add in there to work simultaneously two antminer u3

It should detect them both automatically.  Just don't select them with that parameter and it looks for them.  I believe that I what I did.   

If it does not detect them then I would try to select them.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:31:43 PM

what else should I add in there to work simultaneously two antminer u3

If you read this thread you'll find that more people had problems running more than 1 U3 at the same time than could do so successfully.  You may be in the majority where you can only have one U3 running at a time.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:02:10 PM

If you read this thread you'll find that more people had problems running more than 1 U3 at the same time than could do so successfully.  You may be in the majority where you can only have one U3 running at a time.

It could be luck but I have 3 U3's running right now.  They do zombie out sometimes but are fun to play with.  To be fair it's not that they zombie out a ton, it's just that I don't notice it right away as I don't keep a eye on them as much as some might.
navigatorus

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:10:40 PM

It could be luck but I have 3 U3's running right now.  They do zombie out sometimes but are fun to play with.  To be fair it's not that they zombie out a ton, it's just that I don't notice it right away as I don't keep a eye on them as much as some might.
Huh Huh Huh
what is a zombie?why u3 to become zombies?how to fix it?
 Huh Huh Huh
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:14:53 PM

Huh Huh Huh
what is a zombie?why u3 to become zombies?how to fix it?
 Huh Huh Huh

Unplug power and usb on miner, then plug back in.  It should fix it.

If that does not fix it try restarting cgminer (or what ever program your using)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: