Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:12:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:03:55 AM

Well since there has been some obvious trolling in the past im going to take the tl;dr route. So with the recent light of Oregon passing recreational marijuana is there any plan to base any new operations in the northwest? I currently work for a medical grower and been mining CANN for a couple months now but recently started getting into the polotics of it all.  I am fairly new to crytpocurrency and was skeptical for a long time but mining and trading these apst few months really have made me want to do more with a coin other than just trade it and make money now, i would love to see this coin flourish. I have a feeling if CANN comes to the northwest it will brings fruitful harvests for all.

Cheers
SGT

Getting it all sorted out, I think.....
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:43:04 AM

Well since there has been some obvious trolling in the past im going to take the tl;dr route. So with the recent light of Oregon passing recreational marijuana is there any plan to base any new operations in the northwest? I currently work for a medical grower and been mining CANN for a couple months now but recently started getting into the polotics of it all.  I am fairly new to crytpocurrency and was skeptical for a long time but mining and trading these apst few months really have made me want to do more with a coin other than just trade it and make money now, i would love to see this coin flourish. I have a feeling if CANN comes to the northwest it will brings fruitful harvests for all.

Cheers
SGT

Hi SGT.

I don't know of any plans to expand into the the Pacific Northwest yet but I can't see anything that would prevent northwest dispensaries joining the Yes We CANN movement. After all, dispensaries anywhere can donate medicinal marijuana into the CANNdy inventory and allow patients to trade CANN for it as a means of showing patient appreciation at any time.

From the OP:

This movement is a way for dispensaries and shop owners to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the “CANNdy” inventory.

Cultivators too could donate medicinal product into the CANNdy inventory at dispensaries they supply without necessarily first receiving CANNdy clones and growing CANNdy-specific strains.

Again from the OP:

CANNdy is a supply of meds that consists of strains grown specifically for CannabisCoin purchases and/or strains that can be purchased at the rate of 1 Cannabis Coin (CANN) to approx. 1 GRAM of medication.

As far as direct supply goes that could be another matter entirely. Anyone with more knowledge of specific State laws should feel free to jump in at any time.

I believe interstate transport of marijuana is pretty much completely illegal. Most of the State laws I have read explicitly state that product distributed through licensed dispensaries must be grown in the same State, sometimes only by the dispensary itself.

If my admittedly limited understanding of U.S. State marijuana laws is correct then DeltaNine's grows in Arizona must be distributed by dispensaries in Arizona and product grown in Colorado must go through Colorado dispensaries (I am open to correction on that).

If the articles I have read are correct - always a big if - then there is likely to be an over-supply of medical marijuana in Arizona in the short-term and then a general under-supply once recreational marijuana is legalized, almost certainly in 2016.

Not that these limitations on distribution will greatly inhibit trade opportunity because consumption of legal marijuana is increasing rapidly.

Cheers from the land down under.

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
YESWECANN (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

http://twitter.com/CannabisCoins

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 06:26:56 PM

Happy Mothers Day to the CannabisCoin Community and all others!

Let us be thankful for mothers of all over the world! 

Happy Mothers Day

-CANN Team

Official CannabisCoin [CANN] Forum Moderator
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 07:26:15 PM

Cheers
SGT

Hi SGT.

I don't know of any plans to expand into the the Pacific Northwest yet but I can't see anything that would prevent northwest dispensaries joining the Yes We CANN movement. After all, dispensaries anywhere can donate medicinal marijuana into the CANNdy inventory and allow patients to trade CANN for it as a means of showing patient appreciation at any time.

From the OP:

This movement is a way for dispensaries and shop owners to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the “CANNdy” inventory.

Cultivators too could donate medicinal product into the CANNdy inventory at dispensaries they supply without necessarily first receiving CANNdy clones and growing CANNdy-specific strains.

Again from the OP:

CANNdy is a supply of meds that consists of strains grown specifically for CannabisCoin purchases and/or strains that can be purchased at the rate of 1 Cannabis Coin (CANN) to approx. 1 GRAM of medication.

As far as direct supply goes that could be another matter entirely. Anyone with more knowledge of specific State laws should feel free to jump in at any time.

I believe interstate transport of marijuana is pretty much completely illegal. Most of the State laws I have read explicitly state that product distributed through licensed dispensaries must be grown in the same State, sometimes only by the dispensary itself.

If my admittedly limited understanding of U.S. State marijuana laws is correct then DeltaNine's grows in Arizona must be distributed by dispensaries in Arizona and product grown in Colorado must go through Colorado dispensaries (I am open to correction on that).

If the articles I have read are correct - always a big if - then there is likely to be an over-supply of medical marijuana in Arizona in the short-term and then a general under-supply once recreational marijuana is legalized, almost certainly in 2016.

Not that these limitations on distribution will greatly inhibit trade opportunity because consumption of legal marijuana is increasing rapidly.

Cheers from the land down under.

Alright i see, well if you have any kind of brochure info or something i could bring to dispensaries to show them the benefits of using CANN. Here in Portland there are about 30-40 medical shops and that does not include the outlying area. Honestly this should be expanded to the Northwest. Washington has recreational and medical marijuana, of which the recreactional must be grown by a caretaker or medical patient so i see this having use in Washington state.   Honestly Colorado, Arizona, California, Washington, and Oregon are all prime candidates for the CANN model

Anywho if there is a downloadable brochure i could print out and take to dispensaries around town or if there is anyway to get a hold of the CANNdy strains i will personally grow my maximum legal limit of 4 plants come july, specifically for this movement.

Also i will be getting a CANN pool up for the PNW by the end of summer. It will be a permanent pool for CANN to help secure its future!

Cheers
SGT

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:24:48 AM

Alright i see, well if you have any kind of brochure info or something i could bring to dispensaries to show them the benefits of using CANN. Here in Portland there are about 30-40 medical shops and that does not include the outlying area. Honestly this should be expanded to the Northwest. Washington has recreational and medical marijuana, of which the recreactional must be grown by a caretaker or medical patient so i see this having use in Washington state.   Honestly Colorado, Arizona, California, Washington, and Oregon are all prime candidates for the CANN model

Anywho if there is a downloadable brochure i could print out and take to dispensaries around town or if there is anyway to get a hold of the CANNdy strains i will personally grow my maximum legal limit of 4 plants come july, specifically for this movement.

Also i will be getting a CANN pool up for the PNW by the end of summer. It will be a permanent pool for CANN to help secure its future!

Cheers
SGT

G'day SGT Smiley We are very happy to have you joining the community.

You'd think something like a downloadable brochure would be a simple thing, wouldn't you?

Sadly, everything connected with getting medical marijuana to patients is ridiculously complicated.

To begin with laws vary by state, there is no standard solution and what is legal in one jurisdiction is illegal in another. In some locations grows must be held by non-profit organizations, others not. Some places allow recreational and medicinal dispensing from a common location, in others they must be separate entities and in separate locations. Almost half of U.S. states permit medicinal marijuana use but only a handful yet allow recreational, although this is changing. Being in full legal compliance in one state is a significant task, to be so in two is gargantuan. Then of course there are county and town ordinances. When and where does offering donated product in exchange for a non-cash token constitute a breach of purchase inducement laws?

Legally this industry is a minefield. Precisely what wording can and should be in a promotional brochure that will satisfy all jurisdictions in the U.S. and its Territories? What lawyer or law firm could/should do the legal analysis to ensure cross jurisdictional compliance? Does one even exist who knows and can keep up with the changing legal landscape across the U.S.? How could we keep the document current and how could we recall previous versions which may inadvertently contravene changed laws in such a fluid and rapidly evolving field?

While I am sure that printing and distributing information on marijuana and the Yes We CANN movement would be and is protected under the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution the fact remains that marijuana is federally illegal, listed as a Schedule I drug. This has led to the absurd situation where state-legal and licensed dispensaries and grow operations have been and are raided by federal officers. As DeltaNine expressed succinctly, "If they don't like you, they can shut you down. It's that simple." - sad but true. Just one more, albeit significant complication in the question of how much attention to attract and when to do so.

From time to time I think I'm not needed elsewhere for a while, surely I can knock out at least a concept paper for the Yes We CANN movement. Then I start researching a specific point across various States' legislation and the problems begin. Who knew, for example, that dispensaries' ability to donate product into the CANNdy supply was so differently affected by how taxation is applied in the State/County/City? Sometimes donated doses are taxed on disbursement from the grower, sometimes from the dispensary, sometimes neither and in other cases both, frequently with multiple levels of government with their hands in the register. When and where do donations of a product not federally recognized as legal become tax exempt?

See how complicated a simple brochure request becomes? If CANN was about distributing gummy bears or similar we'd only need to worry about clearly defined state and federal regulations (and perhaps the self-appointed food police) but with medical marijuana we face an ill-defined and rapidly evolving inter-jurisdictional mess, becoming further complicated as legal recreational is added to the mix piecemeal and with no standardization.

Naturally everyone is keen to see the movement spread far and wide but this is going to be a case of slowly and surely adding one state at a time, at least until the situation changes Federally. In my opinion and it is only my opinion, the likely sequence is Arizona, Colorado, California and/or Nevada by the end of 2016. If the PNW has not already opted in to the movement by then I would expect it to be the next logical expansion stage but again, (all together now) that is only my opinion.

Now, about your request for CANNdy. I just don't see how that could be done without contravening Federal trafficking laws. As I repeatedly state, I'm an Aussie looking at U.S. laws from the outside and always open to correction. There might be something under the protection of interstate commerce but I have my doubts. I can't see that one flying at least until marijuana is rescheduled and nationally legal.

Hopefully the above has added more clarity than confusion.

Once again welcome and thank you for your support.

Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 07:33:37 AM

How do you grow weed in Colorado? I watched the CNN show "High Times" and multiple people in a mountain resort town are starting warehouses full of weed. The show makes it look so easy to grow weed. Can anyone move there and start growing weed?

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 08:52:03 AM

How do you grow weed in Colorado? I watched the CNN show "High Times" and multiple people in a mountain resort town are starting warehouses full of weed. The show makes it look so easy to grow weed. Can anyone move there and start growing weed?

Your best bet is to read and understand the relevant regulations.

Perhaps start with Colorado Laws & Penalties.

Or just use this Colorado Government search.

Perhaps you could try the Colorado Pot Guide.

The Cato Institute has a working paper: Marijuana Policy in Colorado.

Then there's the City of Denver Guide.

I'm sure some of those will get you started on your research Smiley

Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 09:11:18 AM

Your best bet is to read and understand the relevant regulations.

Perhaps start with Colorado Laws & Penalties.

Or just use this Colorado Government search.

Perhaps you could try the Colorado Pot Guide.

The Cato Institute has a working paper: Marijuana Policy in Colorado.

Then there's the City of Denver Guide.

I'm sure some of those will get you started on your research Smiley

So much to study.

I hear rumors that both POT and DOPE will be opening up dispensaries in Colorado in 4 months. Pretty exciting news if it's real.

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:11:09 AM

Don't forget:

Next round of voting for CANN to be added to GoUrl crypto-currency payment gateway is open.

Every vote gets us closer!

SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:19:35 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 12:36:25 PM by SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Alright i see, well if you have any kind of brochure info or something i could bring to dispensaries to show them the benefits of using CANN. Here in Portland there are about 30-40 medical shops and that does not include the outlying area. Honestly this should be expanded to the Northwest. Washington has recreational and medical marijuana, of which the recreactional must be grown by a caretaker or medical patient so i see this having use in Washington state.   Honestly Colorado, Arizona, California, Washington, and Oregon are all prime candidates for the CANN model

Cheers
SGT

G'day SGT Smiley We are very happy to have you joining the community.

You'd think something like a downloadable brochure would be a simple thing, wouldn't you?

Sadly, everything connected with getting medical marijuana to patients is ridiculously complicated.

To begin with laws vary by state, there is no standard solution and what is legal in one jurisdiction is illegal in another. In some locations grows must be held by non-profit organizations, others not. Some places allow recreational and medicinal dispensing from a common location, in others they must be separate entities and in separate locations. Almost half of U.S. states permit medicinal marijuana use but only a handful yet allow recreational, although this is changing. Being in full legal compliance in one state is a significant task, to be so in two is gargantuan. Then of course there are county and town ordinances. When and where does offering donated product in exchange for a non-cash token constitute a breach of purchase inducement laws?

Legally this industry is a minefield. Precisely what wording can and should be in a promotional brochure that will satisfy all jurisdictions in the U.S. and its Territories? What lawyer or law firm could/should do the legal analysis to ensure cross jurisdictional compliance? Does one even exist who knows and can keep up with the changing legal landscape across the U.S.? How could we keep the document current and how could we recall previous versions which may inadvertently contravene changed laws in such a fluid and rapidly evolving field?

While I am sure that printing and distributing information on marijuana and the Yes We CANN movement would be and is protected under the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution the fact remains that marijuana is federally illegal, listed as a Schedule I drug. This has led to the absurd situation where state-legal and licensed dispensaries and grow operations have been and are raided by federal officers. As DeltaNine expressed succinctly, "If they don't like you, they can shut you down. It's that simple." - sad but true. Just one more, albeit significant complication in the question of how much attention to attract and when to do so.

From time to time I think I'm not needed elsewhere for a while, surely I can knock out at least a concept paper for the Yes We CANN movement. Then I start researching a specific point across various States' legislation and the problems begin. Who knew, for example, that dispensaries' ability to donate product into the CANNdy supply was so differently affected by how taxation is applied in the State/County/City? Sometimes donated doses are taxed on disbursement from the grower, sometimes from the dispensary, sometimes neither and in other cases both, frequently with multiple levels of government with their hands in the register. When and where do donations of a product not federally recognized as legal become tax exempt?

See how complicated a simple brochure request becomes? If CANN was about distributing gummy bears or similar we'd only need to worry about clearly defined state and federal regulations (and perhaps the self-appointed food police) but with medical marijuana we face an ill-defined and rapidly evolving inter-jurisdictional mess, becoming further complicated as legal recreational is added to the mix piecemeal and with no standardization.

Naturally everyone is keen to see the movement spread far and wide but this is going to be a case of slowly and surely adding one state at a time, at least until the situation changes Federally. In my opinion and it is only my opinion, the likely sequence is Arizona, Colorado, California and/or Nevada by the end of 2016. If the PNW has not already opted in to the movement by then I would expect it to be the next logical expansion stage but again, (all together now) that is only my opinion.

Now, about your request for CANNdy. I just don't see how that could be done without contravening Federal trafficking laws. As I repeatedly state, I'm an Aussie looking at U.S. laws from the outside and always open to correction. There might be something under the protection of interstate commerce but I have my doubts. I can't see that one flying at least until marijuana is rescheduled and nationally legal.

Hopefully the above has added more clarity than confusion.

Once again welcome and thank you for your support.

Well no matter how long it takes CANN has my full support in the PNW. Currently i am in the process of bringing more people on board with cultivating and harvesting, but it is no small task.  I have a feeling once i fully understand the model behind CANN i can start working on the legal aspect here in Oregon and Washington state and see what exactly falls into "non-taxable donation" vs "taxable goods" and what will be good and bad for the Yes We Cann movement. Honestly Washington state is (from the sounds of it) the best place to make a shift, with the mandatory medical card needed to grow it would limit production of CANNdy to actual medical gardeners yet it would still be available to recreational users. There would need to be an extreme amount of donation wording i feel.

Think of it kind of like donating plasma;they dont pay you for your plasma (for some reason its not legal), they can only reimburse you for the time spent at the donation center.

So say Dispensary A has X grams of CANNdy and a recreational user would like to obtain some MJ. User B donates X amount of CANN (to be used for future CANN related events/dev) and in return Dispensary A would supply User B with X amount of MJ for "being a patron" or something along those lines. I dont know much law but i do have an understanding of how it works.

I actually happen to know a paralegal here in Oregon, I'll do some brain picking and see what exactly will prevent CANN from coming to the PNW.

CHEERS!
SGT

zip420

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 02:19:12 PM

Oh my!!!! Is this right?  I truly thought that the total supply would be 420M.  I will update my article on CANN and change it to 92M.  My bad guys!!

Yeah its 92m, you might have gotten it confused with Potcoin which is 420Million coins. Easy mistake

Since you both seem to be a little uncertain about the history here, CANN did start with an initial total supply that was to be 420 million before the hardfork and when it first released. The dev made the decision to switch from scrypto to X11 and reduced the number to something like 120 millionish, cant exactly remember...the info is unknown because there is no pre-X11 blockchain or records of these changes. A few months after the X11 hardfork a 21 million coin premine was discovered by "astute observers" which reduced the coins supply even further to an estimated 92 million coins. The difinitive total isnt exactly known and at this point and I dont think anyone really cares about exact details around here.

If you want more info, read this: http://cointelegraph.com/news/112809/the-full-story-of-cannabiscoins-premine-burn

Quote from: YESWECANN
Everything about the coin is decentralized and transparent.

YESWECANN, you're having a conversation and then deleting the persons posts only leaving yours? Your making things a constant one sided conversation and your statement quoted above is in fact not true.

During the first few months of the project the dev himself was in central control over over 21 million pre-mined coins(this is over 1/5 the total supply of CANN) all while the community was completely unaware, read the article. These type of "forgotten" details dont imply accountability or transparency in anyway and most certainly impact the "decentralized" nature this network.  Lets get this straight, the information about a premine was not made public until someone else OUTSIDE of CANN pointed it out and made the dev accountable for his own either mistakes or wrongdoings. If you or the team are not willing to be accountable for items like this who will and when?

PS. You're still making it confusing to know who is speaking when you have a conversation, care to sign your messages YESWECANN? Simply your putting your alternative bitcointalk usernames will help immensely with the confusion.

Thanks for the info
elizabethcrypto

Activity: 41
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:47:23 PM

Oh.... he's back.

Never mind, here's something interesting to read instead:

"Welcome to the Bud & Breakfast - the world's only cannabis themed hotel chain

With their Victorian facade they may look like normal B&Bs, but these guest houses are a stoner's haven" --David Aspinall, The Mirror

The real question is - Do they accept CANN? Smiley

Thanks for sharing!
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:21:41 PM

Oh.... he's back.

Never mind, here's something interesting to read instead:

"Welcome to the Bud & Breakfast - the world's only cannabis themed hotel chain

With their Victorian facade they may look like normal B&Bs, but these guest houses are a stoner's haven" --David Aspinall, The Mirror

The real question is - Do they accept CANN? Smiley

Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome Smiley

Here's another interesting one: "The End Of The War On Drugs And The Emergence Of The Venture-Backed Cannabis Industry

When news broke that Founders Fund, the proudly contrarian venture firm helmed by PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel, was going to invest a major $75 million in Privateer Holdings, a company focused on producing, distributing and educating consumers about legal marijuana, it opened the floodgates for other investors to barrel in." --Kim-Mai Cutler, TechCrunch

YESWECANN (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 01:57:06 AM

Relaying a message from D9

"We are working on getting our partnership together here in Arizona to open up a dispensary with dedicated CANNDY supply and more.  Its not easy but we are moving forward and optimistic!"

"Also the project with a Colorado based MMJ company is moving forward as well and there is progress, will have more info as we move closer to release"

-CANN

KryptoUffe

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:55:16 PM

Current prize gift from cannabis gods, yes we CANN shoopping straight from sell walls.
april29

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:26:58 AM

Relaying a message from D9

"We are working on getting our partnership together here in Arizona to open up a dispensary with dedicated CANNDY supply and more.  Its not easy but we are moving forward and optimistic!"

"Also the project with a Colorado based MMJ company is moving forward as well and there is progress, will have more info as we move closer to release"

-CANN

i beleive this coin.
so, when we will go to the moon?  Cheesy

Smiley
PoUpA

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:54:52 AM

sure the moon is shiny with his glow
we won't be there soon as you know
because profit is not the priority now
this journey will take time and be slow
but taking care is our vow
and for this canndy will grow

sorry i'm drunk, I will reach my pillow
but this is the coin that you need to follow
YESWECANN (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 02:02:12 AM

PoUpA,

LoL  Grin Cheers!  D9 is currently south of the border as we speak.

-CANN

Jaydubya91

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:24:39 AM

when can said holder of coins trade for said "canndy"? like a date? ??/??/?Huh
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:36:01 AM

when can said holder of coins trade for said "canndy"? like a date? ??/??/?Huh

That depends on your status under your state laws and the willingness of your local dispensaries to be part of the Yes We CANN movement.

Other than that we have this relayed message from DeltaNine:

"We are working on getting our partnership together here in Arizona to open up a dispensary with dedicated CANNDY supply and more.  Its not easy but we are moving forward and optimistic!"

That would suggest that "go" dates are not yet available but the situation is being worked upon. Remember always that state restrictions will still apply.

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: