Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:26:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Jaydubya91

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:38:12 AM

why not try DC? its recreational there now... its also been medical for YEARS!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:41:24 AM

Speaking of restrictions. Regardless of Federal directive on how they should provide banking services to legal marijuana operations the big banks just will not play:

"Large Banks Say Cannabis Business Risks Still Outweigh Benefits

The nation’s largest banks aren’t willing to work with cannabis businesses because the risks of working with a product that’s federally prohibited outweigh any benefits, executives with the financial institutions told Bloomberg." --Marijuana Business Daily

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:49:34 AM

why not try DC? its recreational there now... its also been medical for YEARS!!!

I'm an Aussie and rely on news reports and publications for information but as far as I know legal grows and dispensaries remain problematic in the District of Columbia.

Additionally, interstate trafficking of marijuana, medical or not, remains illegal in the U.S., does it not? Offhand I see no legal way CANNdy could be supplied from ∆9's grow sites in Arizona and/or Colorado to patients in DC. To me that means it is up to DC residents to provide CANNdy supply for DC patients.

That's my reading of the situation and I am open to correction.

mrbigmugs

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 11:26:08 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2016, 03:30:50 PM by mrbigmugs

still time to examine.

SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:30:09 PM

I'm an Aussie and rely on news reports and publications for information but as far as I know legal grows and dispensaries remain problematic in the District of Columbia.

Additionally, interstate trafficking of marijuana, medical or not, remains illegal in the U.S., does it not? Offhand I see no legal way CANNdy could be supplied from ∆9's grow sites in Arizona and/or Colorado to patients in DC. To me that means it is up to DC residents to provide CANNdy supply for DC patients.

So I have been looking into it, If a caretaker has a medical card in both washington and oregon you are able to legally transport medical marijuana across state borders. Federally, yes, it is still illegal.  But it is only a matter of timembefore it gets re-scheduled

But also there has been a developement in medical mj in washington state. The recreational companies are lobbying to remove medical dispensaries and medical gardens dedicated to actual medicine and not just a nice toke for some hipsters.  Unfortunatley if the rec stores get there way every one that needs there medicine will have to pay an enormous amount of money for a small amount od medicine.  We are talking 35USD for 1 gram of recreational weed, at which the stores buy from the medical growers for a staggering 1USD/gram.  Yes, i understand business costs but these places arr making 100k a MONTH after costs. On top of that tenders only get paid minimum wage with no benefits.   

sorry for all the bad spelling. im on a tablet and its extremely difficult to make corrections.

SGT

Getting it all sorted out, I think.....
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:51:37 PM

Don't forget:

Next round of voting for CANN to be added to GoUrl crypto-currency payment gateway is open.

Every vote gets us closer!

I noticed that not that many people have contributed BTC to vote ever since I started to vote. I have brought it up from 331 to 1599 votes by myself with BTC contributions in three different instances the first on April 13th, the second on May 8th, and the last one just a few minutes ago. I am perplexed why not that many people are trying to help and am astonished with the response thus far from the community. After doing some basic research it looks like we can get to the top with around 3.5 BTC. This is a goal that can be attained with a little effort from the community.

I am calling on all serious long term investors to MAN UP and lets make it happen for CANN and Delta9.

I am confident and optimistic that we CANN attain this goal and I am hopeful that I have inspired you to help.

Well once i get back to my main wallet holding pc i will do what i can with my small amount of btc. Its probably only about 20 votes since im onlt mining with an asic at 110-130gh/s

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:11:07 AM

Don't forget:

Next round of voting for CANN to be added to GoUrl crypto-currency payment gateway is open.

I noticed that not that many people have contributed BTC to vote ever since I started to vote. I have brought it up from 331 to 1599 votes by myself with BTC contributions in three different instances the first on April 13th, the second on May 8th, and the last one just a few minutes ago. I am perplexed why not that many people are trying to help and am astonished with the response thus far from the community. After doing some basic research it looks like we can get to the top with around 3.5 BTC. This is a goal that can be attained with a little effort from the community.

I am calling on all serious long term investors to MAN UP and lets make it happen for CANN and Delta9.

I am confident and optimistic that we CANN attain this goal and I am hopeful that I have inspired you to help.

Thank you for your efforts MrBig. You are a wonderful supporter!

Of course, CannabisCoin holders can be found in wondrous variety across the spectrum of appetite and affordability, from CANN millionaires down to patients holding a dollar or two's-worth hoping to reduce their med expenses and we ♥️ you all Cheesy

mrbigmugs makes a great point for speculators seeking to profit from CANN's value increase. If you can afford to do so you can enhance your opportunity for profit by contributing to CANN's success, in this instance by helping mrbigmugs (or competing with him) by voting effort. To some extent your ability to profit from CannabisCoin is in your hands.

We should all thank mrbigmugs for his efforts and enthusiasm.

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:34:13 AM

So I have been looking into it, If a caretaker has a medical card in both washington and oregon you are able to legally transport medical marijuana across state borders. Federally, yes, it is still illegal.  But it is only a matter of timembefore it gets re-scheduled

But also there has been a developement in medical mj in washington state. The recreational companies are lobbying to remove medical dispensaries and medical gardens dedicated to actual medicine and not just a nice toke for some hipsters.  Unfortunatley if the rec stores get there way every one that needs there medicine will have to pay an enormous amount of money for a small amount od medicine.  We are talking 35USD for 1 gram of recreational weed, at which the stores buy from the medical growers for a staggering 1USD/gram.  Yes, i understand business costs but these places arr making 100k a MONTH after costs. On top of that tenders only get paid minimum wage with no benefits.   

sorry for all the bad spelling. im on a tablet and its extremely difficult to make corrections.

SGT

Thanks for the additional info.

I had no idea Washington State was so expensive, especially since tracking sites like The Price of Weed show Wa. as having a high-quality average of ~$230/oz. (<$10/gm). Perhaps the difference is in all the taxes levied on legal product as compared with black market or "street" product. If so it shows how ridiculous it is to hammer legal product with such onerous taxation burdens since part of the rationale for legalization is the elimination of the black market and criminal enterprise. With street product at one quarter of the cost of legal product there's a significant disincentive for the elimination of street trading. Too silly for words.

SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:22:00 AM

Any additional info i come across i will gladly share amongst the community, knowledge is power and power is what we need to move this forward!

SGT

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:31:53 AM

Imagine that, changing focus to where problems actually exist...

"New DEA Chief to Focus Less on Cannabis

The incoming head of the Drug Enforcement Administration reportedly will focus less on marijuana and instead put more resources toward harder drugs such as heroin, which could relieve some pressure on cannabis businesses in states without strong regulations on the industry." --Marijuana Business Daily

bumpk1nK

Activity: 265

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:08:25 PM

I sell my CANN todays not all but most of it. Buy viral I did because I look for fast money and CANN is slow money like slow growing budz. I think CANN can do some moves up but not for long time till marijuana is legal everywhere

\and I don't wait that long to make profit so I jump ship to viral for now but will be back when the CANNcoin is ready for masses

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:19:47 AM

Hmm... maybe there's something going on in the U.S. I haven't heard about but this is interesting - times shown are GMT+10, making the periods displayed roughly GMT days 00:00-24:00hrs, day -1 (i.e., where my time reads 09:00 May 16, that is 23:00 May 15 GMT):

What happened to the CANN market over the last 24hrs? Just 50K turnover is about as small as I can recall.

For comparison, here's the last 48hrs with ~10 times the turnover.

I love watching the markets just for interest's stake. Look at Bittrex's complete CANN market history (Bittrex is where most CANN activity takes place):

Traders and hopefuls have churned more than 4 times the total CANN supply in under a year. Given that under one third of the supply is held in peoples' accounts on the exchange that means those coins have churned a dozen times over the past year, changing hands once a month.

Incidentally, it is very poor security leaving so much temptation in one location and relying on someone else to protect your asset. If you are not actively trading your coins why not move them to an offline wallet?

Also very unusual among altcoins, CANN has a firm and slowly increasing floor price although it still suffers occasional periods of irrational exuberance as external pumpers enter the market.

The corollary of one third of the supply being in traders' hands is that two thirds of the total coin supply is held by long-term strategic holders, confident enough they are content to wait and experienced enough that they are aware how long it takes to run the gauntlet of red tape, acquire appropriate locations, outfit and supply them (not to mention finance them), go through all necessary testing cycles, propagate and actually grow the product, then prepare, package and distribute it.

I can hardly wait to see how the market evolves when the actual operations phase begins.

Exciting, isn't it?

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:25:41 AM

Hmm... maybe there's something going on in the U.S. I haven't heard about but this is interesting - times shown are GMT+10, making the periods displayed roughly GMT days 00:00-24:00hrs, day -1 (i.e., where my time reads 09:00 May 16, that is 23:00 May 15 GMT):

What happened to the CANN market over the last 24hrs? Just 50K turnover is about as small as I can recall.

For comparison, here's the last 48hrs with ~10 times the turnover.

I love watching the markets just for interest's stake. Look at Bittrex's complete CANN market history (Bittrex is where most CANN activity takes place):

Traders and hopefuls have churned more than 4 times the total CANN supply in under a year. Given that under one third of the supply is held in peoples' accounts on the exchange that means those coins have churned a dozen times over the past year, changing hands once a month.

Incidentally, it is very poor security leaving so much temptation in one location and relying on someone else to protect your asset. If you are not actively trading your coins why not move them to an offline wallet?

Also very unusual among altcoins, CANN has a firm and slowly increasing floor price although it still suffers occasional periods of irrational exuberance as external pumpers enter the market.

The corollary of one third of the supply being in traders' hands is that two thirds of the total coin supply is held by long-term strategic holders, confident enough they are content to wait and experienced enough that they are aware how long it takes to run the gauntlet of red tape, acquire appropriate locations, outfit and supply them (not to mention finance them), go through all necessary testing cycles, propagate and actually grow the product, then prepare, package and distribute it.

I can hardly wait to see how the market evolves when the actual operations phase begins.

Exciting, isn't it?

Thank you, somebody gets it!
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:30:15 AM

Bumping MrBigMugs' important post:

Don't forget:

There have been plenty in the past who have complained that ∆9 and the team are not doing enough fast enough to make them the money they desire. Well, here's your chance guys. It's your turn to put a little effort in.

YESWECANN (OP)

Activity: 286

http://twitter.com/CannabisCoins

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 06:44:41 PM

FYI - CannabisCoin rewards should be halving this weekend.  Grin

Official CannabisCoin [CANN] Forum Moderator
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 05:26:16 AM

"Wax Is Weed’s Next Big Thing And No One Knows If It’s Safe

California dispensaries say butane hash oil, or “wax,” now accounts for 40% of sales — despite potential health risks and home lab explosions on the rise. With no regulation and a lack of good information, stoners turn to self-appointed, and self-interested, “experts” like Matt Rize — but at what cost?" --Amanda Chicago Lewis, BuzzFeed

Thoughts? Comments?

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:55:09 PM

Weekend reading:

"Delusional Confidence? A Report from the Marijuana Investor Summit

... All were convinced that the ongoing legalization of marijuana has created an opportunity for people with a high tolerance for risk to make a killing. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana, and four of those—Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and Alaska—have made recreational pot legal. But it’s not legal federally, resulting in chaos and conflicting rules." --Sara Davidson, The New Yorker

tobaccoleaf

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 03:06:45 PM

Buy viral I did .....

Yoda?

But seriously, utilizing CANN through legitimate Cannabis businesses would greatly help the adoption...
YESWECANN (OP)

Activity: 286

http://twitter.com/CannabisCoins

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 07:24:55 PM

Added to OP:

Official CannabisCoin [CANN] Forum Moderator
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:26:34 PM

Added to OP:

Tweet about it ... Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: