Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 04:48:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705925 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 11:07:31 PM

Woah talk about dramatic trolls. You guys ever feel like you wasted your day on the forum? I came here looking for updates. 420 should be really nice for all the weed coins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glorg44

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:24:26 PM

When will we buy cannabis with cannabiscoin? Is there a shop in Germany?
BitcoinSanDiego

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:00:56 AM

Was doing some research.  These facts are disturbing from an "investor" point of view and here is why proof-of-stake could actually alleviate this problem by giving incentive for people to take coins off exchange.

Over 38% of all CANN is sitting on exchanges waiting to be dumped at any moment.  This is more than 34 MILLION coins on exchange at any moment in time.  More than 28 million on Bittrex alone.

Quite frankly, this is NOT good.

Razerglass
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:34:04 AM

Was doing some research.  These facts are disturbing from an "investor" point of view and here is why proof-of-stake could actually alleviate this problem by giving incentive for people to take coins off exchange.

Over 38% of all CANN is sitting on exchanges waiting to be dumped at any moment.  This is more than 34 MILLION coins on exchange at any moment in time.  More than 28 million on Bittrex alone.

Quite frankly, this is NOT good.

All of the top 50 wallets on bittrex contain more than 140,000 CANN.

edit: BitcoinSanDiego you make it sound like its a crime for 38% of Investors to store their coins on bittrex

██░                                             
 ▓██▓░                                           
  ▓█████▓▒░                                  ░▒██░
    ▓███████▓▒░                           ░▓▓██▓ 
      ▒█████████▓▒                     ░▓████▓   
        ░█████▓████▓▒                 ▓████▓░   
          ░▓███▓▓▓▓███▓░            ▒██▓▓█▒     
             ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒         ░███▓▓█▒       
               ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓       ▓███▓▓█▒       
                ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒   ▒███████▓         
                 ░██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                   ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▒                 
                    ▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░     
                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   
                   ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   
              ▒▓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▒▒░   ░   
         ▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░                   
|
|
🛵 Connecting Travellers All Around The World 🛵 

Socially Powered Search Engine for the Travel & Tourism Industry
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
One-Pager
Ann Thread
|
Medium
Youtube
Instagram
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:41:54 AM

When will we buy cannabis with cannabiscoin? Is there a shop in Germany?

Germany? Not that I know of and I shouldn't think CANNdy will be available for export anytime soon.

You could however see if your local dispensaries would care to join the Yes We CANN movement.

What is the “Yes We CANN” movement?

The Yes We CANN movement is about medical marijuana dispensaries and shop owners that participate in providing safe, affordable, and quality medicine utilizing CannabisCoin as payment. This movement is a way for dispensaries and shop owners to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the “CANNdy” inventory.

What is CANNdy?

CANNdy is a supply of meds that consists of strains grown specifically for CannabisCoin purchases and/or strains that can be purchased at the rate of 1 Cannabis Coin (CANN) to approx. 1 GRAM of medication.

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:45:42 AM

edit: BitcoinSanDiego you make it sound like its a crime for 38% of Investors to store their coins on bittrex

He has a legitimate traders' concern that there will be a lot of profit taking that could circumvent CANN's significant price increase at any time. The more supply that is available the more constrained will be any price rise over a given time period.

The other perspective is that this helps to cap the price escalation of CANNdy for mmj patients.

mrbigmugs

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:19:38 AM

In my opinion , these people are irrational in thinking that their coins are secure on Bittrex. Yes , Bittrex is probably the most reputable exchange and has the best security at this moment in time but it is not safe because you are handing over your private keys to a trusted third party. Time and time again you can see how trusted third parties clean out investors ... think Mt. Gox , Allcrypt, Mintpal , etc etc etc...  Everytime when someone gets screwed its because you are trusting someone with your private keys. I keep a marginal balance of BTC , CANN, and other coins there but the vast majority of coins are stored on my secure computer wallet with multiple backups .

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:40:23 AM

In my opinion , these people are irrational in thinking that their coins are secure on Bittrex. Yes , Bittrex is probably the most reputable exchange and has the best security at this moment in time but it is not safe because you are handing over your private keys to a trusted third party. Time and time again you can see how trusted third parties clean out investors ... think Mt. Gox , Allcrypt, Mintpal , etc etc etc...  Everytime when someone gets screwed its because you are trusting someone with your private keys. I keep a marginal balance of BTC , CANN, and other coins there but the vast majority of coins are stored on my secure computer wallet with multiple backups .

Very good practice Mr Big Smiley

Good security advice for everyone, not just new users.

Reminder: you can download a ready-to-go USB flash drive image from here. CannabisCoin is already installed and waiting for your wallet.dat file. If you don't have your own wallet.dat yet the software will create one for you.

If you wish to expand the image to take advantage of a larger flash drive than the 8Gb image there's a tutorial on doing so here.

Always keep multiple copies of your encrypted wallet.dat file in various secure locations so that you may always recover your coins following life's little unforeseen moments.

Thanks again MrBigMugs for your useful security reminder.

shogun0101

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:41:48 AM

Bittrex has 140,000 dollars in this coin!!  Shocked
Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 04:45:20 AM

pic from from irc today hey d9 this CG ?

Can someone confirm thats CANNdy growing in the background?

Joint Force

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 05:14:36 AM

Sigh... you should know and I know that MAX_MONEY could equal "gesundheit" for all the difference that it really makes. If you are worried about redundant variables left in code you should avoid checking the code for just about every commercial program in captivity.

Completely wrong, the value of MAX_MONEY is very important, along with COIN. MAX_MONEY = 420,000,000 * COIN is absurd and way over shot for the supply this coin distributes. COIN = 10^8 or 100,000,000.

MAX_MONEY essentially the accepted amount allowed on your network, you just are not accepting this fact for some reason.

Seems you too also would rather be lackadaisical about the allowed supply to exist with your investments in this coin.

This fix will require a hard fork and probably something to address before network hash rates get low enough to prevail a malicious attack, not here but anywhere else you may have a "redundant variables" non commented out or removed entirely.

It's a vulnerability clearly sitting in plain view.

Proof of stake is also something to consider to secure the network, and would be a wise discussion to start having.

-James

I like that CANN is a PoW X11 coin. I like that CCN, DOPE and STV are PoS coins. I like that THC is a PoW+PoS Scrypt coin. I like that POT is a PoW Scrypt coin. This diversity will be a great addition when I run
The 420 Alliance Joint Force shop in Vancouver B.C. Canada (Crypto X begins April 15th)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=967364.0

This store will bring lots of attention to the marijuana niche coins. It will increase each coins risk of being attacked. I'm interested in seeing if all the coins can withstand attacks. Will a coin be attacked? Will every coin get attacked? Will only one coin be able to prevent attacks? No one knows! The diversity of cryptocoin technology brings strength to the whole thing.

and... CANN should definitely fix the MAX_MONEY problem in the next hardfork. Security is important.

Dpstewart40

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:22:37 AM

A note to all...

I am a relative newcomer to this forum and have observed the following over the past few months...

After reading through the MANY pages and comments, it has become obvious to me that there are truly passionate and well meaning followers of this coin as well as some that have more sinister intentions. I have researched the coin, D9 and his team as much as I can (being not too technically minded on most of the jargon used). After much consideration and investigation, I feel confident in the dev team and the seemingly honest intentions of the CANNdy concept. It is quite obvious to me that there is likely to be trolls or "fudders" about and appears quite apparent as to who those individuals are likely to be. I am confident that this coin will do very well and that the trolls will not succeed in scaring genuine investors away, despite their feeble attempts to do so. It is quite a shame that well rooted and committed members of this forum have to spend 95% of their time on here battling idiots who want nothing more than to destabilise this venture for their own sinister or amusing means. However, full credit must be given to those that do furiously defend Cannabiscoin and the dev teams' honour, integrity, and obvious hard work. Their passion for the concept and the community they wish to educate, help, and enlighten, far outweigh the attempted damage and destabilisation that the trolls wish to create.

I currently hold approximately 17.5k CANN and refuse to be put off by ANY attempts to defraud my intelligence!

Kindest regards

Davey
Current and future UK CANN investor

Bittrex: CPp5eQ3Zw7LvkX1zTeQo3WZv7qzQLpvxFg
Joint Force

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 05:35:10 AM

A note to all...

I am a relative newcomer to this forum and have observed the following over the past few months...

After reading through the MANY pages and comments, it has become obvious to me that there are truly passionate and well meaning followers of this coin as well as some that have more sinister intentions. I have researched the coin, D9 and his team as much as I can (being not too technically minded on most of the jargon used). After much consideration and investigation, I feel confident in the dev team and the seemingly honest intentions of the CANNdy concept. It is quite obvious to me that there is likely to be trolls or "fudders" about and appears quite apparent as to who those individuals are likely to be. I am confident that this coin will do very well and that the trolls will not succeed in scaring genuine investors away, despite their feeble attempts to do so. It is quite a shame that well rooted and committed members of this forum have to spend 95% of their time on here battling idiots who want nothing more than to destabilise this venture for their own sinister or amusing means. However, full credit must be given to those that do furiously defend Cannabiscoin and the dev teams' honour, integrity, and obvious hard work. Their passion for the concept and the community they wish to educate, help, and enlighten, far outweigh the attempted damage and destabilisation that the trolls wish to create.

I currently hold approximately 17.5k CANN and refuse to be put off by ANY attempts to defraud my intelligence!

Kindest regards

Davey

Bittrex: CPp5eQ3Zw7LvkX1zTeQo3WZv7qzQLpvxFg

An additional way to invest in CANN is to support the The 420 Alliance Joint Force shop in Vancouver B.C. Canada https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=967364.0 (starting April 15th)

It's an idea I came up with where BTC is turned into other marijuana coins. The store sells discounted products exclusively for CANN and other marijuana niche coins! This idea is similar to the ICO BitCoin Jesus was promoting a few weeks ago called https://purse.io/

Its quite possible that 90%+ of all sales at the store will be completed with CANN. It's possible because CANN is the most popular, it has an android wallet and D9 grows weed CANNdy. If CANN has 90% of all sales that means 90% of all the marijuana niche coins returned from the Crypto X will be CANN!

BTC -> Stuff -> Marked up stuff -> CANN or others (Crypto X store)

Is clearly be better than

BTC -> CANN (on an exchange)

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:42:18 AM

A note to all...

Kindest regards

Davey

Hi Davey, welcome to the Yes We CANN community Cheesy

Just a small note to a new bitcointalk user - it's against the rules to post your coin addresses in the body of a post and the BCT mods get pretty cranky about it. Placing it in your signature is apparently the only acceptable option.

Once again, welcome. We are very pleased to have you. Smiley

Dpstewart40

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:21:25 AM

A note to all...

Kindest regards

Davey

Hi Davey, welcome to the Yes We CANN community Cheesy

Just a small note to a new bitcointalk user - it's against the rules to post your coin addresses in the body of a post and the BCT mods get pretty cranky about it. Placing it in your signature is apparently the only acceptable option.

Once again, welcome. We are very pleased to have you. Smiley

Hi B4zz4!

Sorry did not know about the signature thing. Discovered it now though! Thanks for the advise and for your very warm welcome.

Kind regards

Davey
Stouse49

Activity: 209

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:59:05 AM

Sigh... you should know and I know that MAX_MONEY could equal "gesundheit" for all the difference that it really makes. If you are worried about redundant variables left in code you should avoid checking the code for just about every commercial program in captivity.

Completely wrong, the value of MAX_MONEY is very important, along with COIN. MAX_MONEY = 420,000,000 * COIN is absurd and way over shot for the supply this coin distributes. COIN = 10^8 or 100,000,000.

MAX_MONEY essentially the accepted amount allowed on your network within a transaction, you just are not accepting this fact for some reason.

Seems you too also would rather be lackadaisical about the allowed supply to exist with your investments in this coin.

This fix will require a hard fork and probably something to address before network hash rates get low enough to prevail a malicious attack, not just potentially here, but anywhere else you may have a "redundant variables".

Proof of stake is also something to consider discussing as BitcoinSanDiego has mentioned previously. Many coins have successfully mitigated this transfer with plenty of success without requiring a switch of blockchains.

-James

As a programmer that reads the source code of these various coins, I can say that MAX_MONEY is often defined as the maximum supply of the coin that will ever exist by the programmers.  This doesn't mean that the value of MAX_MONEY actually is the maximum amount of a coin that will ever be created.  With Bitcoin it is, but I have seen other coins that have a difference between the value of MAX_MONEY and the maximum amount of coins that can be generated once the block reward drops to a number close to zero coin. 

The Value of MAX_MONEY is used within the source code as a sanity check on the on any amount of coins, whether it be a transaction value or individual transaction output or a transaction fee.  The source code checks the validity of a value of a number of coins by making sure that the value is above zero (0) and less than the value of MAX_MONEY.  Additionally MAX_MONEY is the transaction fee for a block that is larger than a maximum size.  The value of MAX_MONEY is arbitrary and could be mistakenly set to a value that would modify the behavior of the coin.  For instance, if MAX_MONEY was set to 100 coins, whether mistakenly or on purpose, then this will definitely limit the amount of coins that could be sent in a transaction, while having other side effects.

MAX_MONEY is hard coded into the source code and some calculations are required to make sure that it would agree with the actual maximum amount of coins that could be produced on the blockchain according to the GetBlockValue function.  For CANN, my calculations show that GetBlockReward maxes out at around 20 halvings of the block reward at around 105,860,159.84.  Therefore CANN uses a value of 420 million for MAX_MONEY, while the actual max money will be about 106 million.

BTC:
Joint Force

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 07:21:34 AM

MAX_MONEY essentially the accepted amount allowed on your network within a transaction, you just are not accepting this fact for some reason.

This fix will require a hard fork and probably something to address before network hash rates get low enough to prevail a malicious attack, not just potentially here, but anywhere else you may have a "redundant variables".

Proof of stake is also something to consider discussing as BitcoinSanDiego has mentioned previously. Many coins have successfully mitigated this transfer with plenty of success without requiring a switch of blockchains.

-James

As a programmer that reads the source code of these various coins, I can say that MAX_MONEY is often defined as the maximum supply of the coin that will ever exist by the programmers.  This doesn't mean that the value of MAX_MONEY actually is the maximum amount of a coin that will ever be created.  With Bitcoin it is, but I have seen other coins that have a difference between the value of MAX_MONEY and the maximum amount of coins that can be generated once the block reward drops to a number close to zero coin. 

The Value of MAX_MONEY is used within the source code as a sanity check on the on any amount of coins, whether it be a transaction value or individual transaction output or a transaction fee.  The source code checks the validity of a value of a number of coins by making sure that the value is above zero (0) and less than the value of MAX_MONEY.  Additionally MAX_MONEY is the transaction fee for a block that is larger than a maximum size.  The value of MAX_MONEY is arbitrary and could be mistakenly set to a value that would modify the behavior of the coin.  For instance, if MAX_MONEY was set to 100 coins, whether mistakenly or on purpose, then this will definitely limit the amount of coins that could be sent in a transaction, while having other side effects.

MAX_MONEY is hard coded into the source code and some calculations are required to make sure that it would agree with the actual maximum amount of coins that could be produced on the blockchain according to the GetBlockValue function.  For CANN, my calculations show that GetBlockReward maxes out at around 20 halvings of the block reward at around 105,860,159.84.  Therefore CANN uses a value of 420 million for MAX_MONEY, while the actual max money will be about 106 million.

Does MAX_MONEY have any security issues? Could leaving it at 420,000,000 allow for an attack that creates 300,000,000 coins and has users with the current wallet allowing that attack?

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:46:41 AM

Usual deal, alternate screen sizes linked below the sample:

1024 x 768 https://i.imgur.com/UN5Nk2a.png
1280 x 800 https://i.imgur.com/kHM0tjl.png
1280 x 1024 https://i.imgur.com/NqjFYlS.png
1366 x 768 https://i.imgur.com/SUJmBKe.png
1440 x 900 https://i.imgur.com/whi1fan.png
1920 x 1080 https://i.imgur.com/HdbEffo.png

Have a great day everybody and don't forget to share a smile with someone new today Cheesy

Joint Force

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 07:52:51 AM

pic from from irc today hey d9 this CG ?

Can someone confirm thats CANNdy growing in the background?

Can anyone confirm this is CANNdy?

Stouse49

Activity: 209

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:22:09 AM

Does MAX_MONEY have any security issues? Could leaving it at 420,000,000 allow for an attack that creates 300,000,000 coins and has users with the current wallet allowing that attack?

I don't know of any security issues.  The GetBlockValue determines how many coins can be created with each block, based on the block height.  If a hacker were to submit a block for 300,000,000 coins (for instance), then the other nodes would reject that block because that block would fail the check of creating less than or equal to the number of coins specified by GetBlockValue for that block height.

BTC:
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: