Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:28:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
kprell40

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:00:58 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2015, 02:48:24 PM by kprell40

in Tennessee Marijuana Legalization Tennessee: Cannabis Oil Bill

http://www.ibtimes.com/marijuana-legalization-tennessee-cannabis-oil-bill-headed-governor-after-unanimous-1880551

More and more states are Legalization Medical Marijuana

It is nice to see  

it is time to Invest in CANN coin ( I did ) .  some Forum are predicting that CANN coin will be around 2.00 to 5.00 USD pre coin by march 2016 , but I guess time will tell...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 02:44:14 PM

If you're not buying and holding CANN you're doing it wrong!  Cool
meliketitties

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:13:56 PM

I'm in this one not only for the money but to help end this as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=355&v=JTKTfUHfeKM
tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 08:18:49 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com/marijuana-legalization-tennessee-cannabis-oil-bill-headed-governor-after-unanimous-1880551

It is nice to see  

it is time to Invest in CANN coin ( I did ) .  some Forum are predicting that CANN coin will be around 2.00 to 5.00 USD pre coin by march 2016 , but I guess time will tell...

good  perspective  Roll Eyes   for  legalization  !
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 08:19:30 PM

It is nice to see  

good  perspective    for  legalization

I have to admit that does look promising. Oregon looks great also Smiley

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
spectrem1

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 01:52:59 PM

I'm in this one not only for the money but to help end this as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=355&v=JTKTfUHfeKM

Thank you for this link. I watched the video - it infuriated me to no end to see these bullies with badges. If they weren't the police they would likely be in jail but instead they will be investigated by their own fraternity. What a joke. Without that video I doubt there would be any investigation. Shame on Police Chief Carlos Rojas. In my opinion he should resign and the city be held responsible for the emotional damages caused to the MMJ patients as well as monetary judgments for damages to that dispensary. Those "officers" should be prosecuted.
I will continue to accumulate CANN and other organizations that support MMJ and I will vote. I'm old and these are the only powers I have.

Sorry for the rant - really, gut reaction but if you don't want your BP to go up don't watch the video. -M

Chance favors the prepared mind -Louis Pasteur
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:45:14 PM

I bought a truck from Oregon, can you guess what it smelled like?
quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 08:54:41 PM

So, at which dispensaries can I exchange 1 CANN for 1g of CANNdy??? That's a pretty damn good deal... if it actually exists.

damm315er

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:38:15 PM

So, at which dispensaries can I exchange 1 CANN for 1g of CANNdy??? That's a pretty damn good deal... if it actually exists.

That was the original intention. 

But the price of a gram of CANNdy is more than $.01, so the reality is that deal doesn't exist.  If it did, I'd never work again at my day job!!  Wink
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 12:45:23 AM

It is nice to see  

good  perspective    for  legalization

The Oregon laws make make more sense than Washington right now. Recreationals lobbied to get rid of medical dispensaries claiming they where taking away from there livelyhood. I now many growers are moving Oregon and will fight to keep medical a reality.

Movements are happening within my circle medical growers to get organized and some are onboard already for adopting cann for certain strains.

Cheers
SGT

Getting it all sorted out, I think.....
B4zz4

Activity: 629

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:45:11 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2015, 05:58:24 AM by B4zz4

But the price of a gram of CANNdy is more than $.01, so the reality is that deal doesn't exist.  If it did, I'd never work again at my day job!!  Wink

Of course it exists.

Not just the "original intention" but CannabisCoin's "raison d'être", see the OP:

What is the “Yes We CANN” movement?

The Yes We CANN movement is about medical marijuana dispensaries and shop owners that participate in providing safe, affordable, and quality medicine utilizing CannabisCoin as payment. This movement is a way for dispensaries and shop owners to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the “CANNdy” inventory.

What is CANNdy?

CANNdy is a supply of meds that consists of strains grown specifically for CannabisCoin purchases and/or strains that can be purchased at the rate of 1 Cannabis Coin (CANN) to approx. 1 GRAM of medication.

Does this mean you can get an unlimited amount of marijuana in exchange for CannabisCoin [CANN]?

Don't be stupid. Marijuana legalization legislation does not permit that and even if it did no one is going to donate unlimited product just so you can get high or resell it. Go back and read the quoted section from the OP. Keep doing so until you understand that this is about getting quality meds to mmj patients, preferably at a subsidized rate. Realize too that CANN may be used for any purchase at the current exchange rate - the peg only applies for CANNdy mmj.

Now, if you are done being "dopey" you might like to consider why a lot of people feel that CANN will gain considerable value.

In the same manner as say, produce growers dedicate some of their crops to food banks, DeltaNine and recruited growers are donating portions of commercial grows into the CANNdy inventory. As supplies increase more dispensaries are expected to become part of the Yes We CANN movement, if for no other reason than preventing their patient client-base from going to other dispensaries that do distribute CANNdy. Nothing prevents dispensaries from donating any product into the CANNdy inventory right now, they do not have to wait for specifically grown product to join the Yes We CANN movement.

To do so these dispensaries/shops put in the necessary infrastructure and staff training to handle purchases with CannabisCoin, in its most basic form that amounts to little more than a wallet and printed Qr code so it is not an expensive process. Once the infrastructure is in place there is no overhead involved in utilizing CANN for cashless transactions and this is where it becomes particularly interesting. Even though the current administration has instructed that state-legal businesses should not be prosecuted banks find compliance costs too high and consequently refuse to provide banking services to marijuana businesses. As a result of this marijuana businesses are drowning in cash for want of electronic cashless point-of-transaction services.

Don't think that cash is a problem for marijuana businesses? Here's a few little news items you might find interesting: Protecting Marijuana's $2.7 Billion Cash Industry When Banks Won't; Significant Setbacks in Cannabis Banking Slow Recent Momentum; Security Firms Thrive While Cannabusiness Seeks Banking and so on. The information is out there if you care to look rather than giggling like fourth graders over "look, I can get weed for CANN, te he".

Enter CannabisCoin as a cashless service provider. One that is likely to grow organically as crops become available for donation into the CANNdy inventory.

Sourcing CANNdy depends partly on trial-and-error testing to find the right source strains to deliver the desired output and which will thrive in a given grow location. This is a process which does not happen overnight. There's a lot time consumed in finding legal grow sites (yes, locations are controlled), finding the right strains, propagating and distributing to growers, actually producing the crops, harvesting, curing, testing before packing and finally distributing the product. People expecting to be flash millionaires should calm down and realize this is a project which will take years to bring to fruition - for DeltaNine this is a lifetime mission to bring quality meds to mmj patients at a reduced cost.

So what is in it for the donors of CANNdy?

Why do any of us give? Fortunately it is just part of the social nature of humanity although there are benefits besides.

For growers now there's only the good feeling of giving to those in need, although they may find their lives made easier later by transacting in CANN depending on future federal and banking moves.

For dispensaries and shop owners it's a way to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the CANNdy inventory. Of course, the more patients and general purchasers they get using CannabisCoin for some or preferably all of their transactions the less of a cash problem they have and the greater the safety for all involved. Heck, just the safety factor of reducing cash transactions alone is sufficient to justify donating into the CANNdy inventory and even the most hard-hearted and mercenary of dispensary owners can see the profit in reducing the insurance cost of the amount of cash on premises. There's also the benefit of reducing the cash temptation factor for employees because employee theft is unfortunately a major issue. Couple all that with retaining/increasing your client base then donating into the CANNdy inventory just makes sense.

So what about those who are neither patients seeking to reduce the cost of medical marijuana nor dispensaries seeking their business, what is in it for the speculative purchaser?

Some purchasers are driven by charitable giving, stockpiling cheap CANN against a time when recreational mj trade might drive CANN to parity pricing if the feds do not change marijuana's schedule one listing and banks continue to decline marijuana business. Stockpiling now will permit the establishment of charitable funds to continue subsidizing needy patients' medicine.

Others of course are in it solely for profit. For the reasons listed above they expect CANN to increase in value and are making speculative purchases now. Even though their motivation is personal profit they are extremely helpful in these early stages. How? By keeping the market buoyant during the long period of low apparent activity, the period when phenomenal effort is made behind the scenes but little change is apparent to outside observers. It is the speculative traders who are providing the "carry-on" funding for the miners busily hashing away, keeping the CannabisCoin block chain moving along, providing transaction security.

There's your answer, perhaps a little more nuanced than you had expected but the bottom line is: "Yeah, it actually exists!"

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:34:01 AM

Yeah what that guy said.

Imagine distributors, growers and retail shops putting cash into CANN in order to work around federal laws that prohibit fund deposits into banks from marijuana sales. Using this token to move product around. This is larger than someone walking in and just using CANN to purchase medicine. It's a solution to a very real problem.

OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 08:15:48 AM

Yeah what that guy said.

Imagine distributors, growers and retail shops putting cash into CANN in order to work around federal laws that prohibit fund deposits into banks from marijuana sales. Using this token to move product around. This is larger than someone walking in and just using CANN to purchase medicine. It's a solution to a very real problem.

Agreed, eventualy i see the Cannabis community as the first one switching to crypto

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
damm315er

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:35:08 PM

Yeah what that guy said.

Agreed, eventualy i see the Cannabis community as the first one switching to crypto

Firearm users face a very similar issue to cannabis users.  The banks (particularly Chase/JPMC) are blocking and freezing the accounts of the firearm manufacturers, and paypal has come right out and said it will not transfer funds for firearm and firearm accessory purchases.

The problem is, getting the community outside the group of miners, to realize that crypto is safe and a workaround for the issue.

Any time crypto is brought up in public, the news had beaten into everyone's heads that bitcoin and silk road is what crypto is all about, and people are turned off.  It's a smear campaign that will take a lot of effort to overcome.
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 12:00:16 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2015, 01:13:49 AM by B4zz4

Yeah what that guy said.

Firearm users face a very similar issue to cannabis users.  The banks (particularly Chase/JPMC) are blocking and freezing the accounts of the firearm manufacturers, and paypal has come right out and said it will not transfer funds for firearm and firearm accessory purchases.

The problem is, getting the community outside the group of miners, to realize that crypto is safe and a workaround for the issue.

Any time crypto is brought up in public, the news had beaten into everyone's heads that bitcoin and silk road is what crypto is all about, and people are turned off.  It's a smear campaign that will take a lot of effort to overcome.

Yes and well, no actually.

While many of us might know without the shadow of a doubt that firearms are good to have and use properly, that they can no more be "bad" than a hammer or a brick might be "bad", the associated visuals are firearms and war, firearms and drive-by shootings, firearms and angry, messy death and injury. For the media it is a no-brainer associating firearms with violence and illegal acts.

Medical marijuana, on the other hand, is a completely different visual. Search online for medical marijuana and you get footage of sick kids being helped, stories of MS patients having their symptoms relieved, cancer patients with their lives markedly improved and information that marijuana is so much less harmful than legal alcohol.

Couple that with the fact that a significant portion of the media's target audience have had good personal experience with marijuana, something with which the media's paymasters, the advertisers, don't wish to clash and you have an entirely different paradigm.

In short, guns and crypto equals something bad in the media-influenced public mind, so you get the association of criminal activity, silkroad, bitcoin thefts and fraud. Negative association and connotation, so crypto equals bad.

Not so with medical marijuana and crypto. The association is sunshine and rainbows, helping sick kids, returned service men and women and people with a range of debilitating illnesses. Heck, marijuana-based treatment could help ward off much-loved grandma's dementia. All these positive things could be done, if only the government would get out of the way, if only caregivers and patients could use their credit/debit cards at the dispensary. But wait, they can use crypto on their phones without the need to carry cash and become a target for bad people (with guns, according to the media). Positive association and connotation, so crypto equals good.

For these reasons I don't think it will be difficult to overcome negative connotations at all. Once the product starts hitting the shelves in bulk and a few weather-girl wannabes doing those terrible "people in the street" interviews ask grandma "isn't she afraid to get her medicine carrying all that cash" get the response "oh no dear, I just use CannabisCoin on my phone" the story becomes "crypto helps patients to safely overcome government interference."

People love to complain about politicians getting in the way of something good and they love to champion the underdog that is sticking it to government and achieving good anyway. The CannabisCoin story is one that virtually tells and sells itself, it just waits on bulk product being available.

Tears on Dope

Activity: 112

Child At Heart

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:03:20 AM

any multipools?

DopeCoin. Freedom Is Not Enough.
First weed-related coin.
PoUpA

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:24:09 PM

First thanks B4zz4 for doing this awesome job in this topic!
You are explaining the purpose of CANN perfectly.
Second, I contacted shapeshift.io to know if they would add cannabiscoin to their supported coins and they said it's on their discovery list and they will evaluate if the coin will be added soon or not.
And third I just saw a problem with the youtube videos posted on the official website.
We can "see" that the guy paid but we can't see what he received for paying.
Perhaps it's a problem with showing weed transaction with crypto but I think it's really a bad point because the video shows nothing and we all know it happened.

Keep the CANN(dy) grow and let the medicine flow.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:13:28 AM

But the price of a gram of CANNdy is more than $.01, so the reality is that deal doesn't exist.  If it did, I'd never work again at my day job!!  Wink

Of course it exists.

Not just the "original intention" but CannabisCoin's "raison d'être", see the OP:

The Yes We CANN movement is about medical marijuana dispensaries and shop owners that participate in providing safe, affordable, and quality medicine utilizing CannabisCoin as payment. This movement is a way for dispensaries and shop owners to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the “CANNdy” inventory.

What is CANNdy?

CANNdy is a supply of meds that consists of strains grown specifically for CannabisCoin purchases and/or strains that can be purchased at the rate of 1 Cannabis Coin (CANN) to approx. 1 GRAM of medication.

Does this mean you can get an unlimited amount of marijuana in exchange for CannabisCoin [CANN]?

Don't be stupid. Marijuana legalization legislation does not permit that and even if it did no one is going to donate unlimited product just so you can get high or resell it. Go back and read the quoted section from the OP. Keep doing so until you understand that this is about getting quality meds to mmj patients, preferably at a subsidized rate. Realize too that CANN may be used for any purchase at the current exchange rate - the peg only applies for CANNdy mmj.

Now, if you are done being "dopey" you might like to consider why a lot of people feel that CANN will gain considerable value.

In the same manner as say, produce growers dedicate some of their crops to food banks, DeltaNine and recruited growers are donating portions of commercial grows into the CANNdy inventory. As supplies increase more dispensaries are expected to become part of the Yes We CANN movement, if for no other reason than preventing their patient client-base from going to other dispensaries that do distribute CANNdy. Nothing prevents dispensaries from donating any product into the CANNdy inventory right now, they do not have to wait for specifically grown product to join the Yes We CANN movement.

To do so these dispensaries/shops put in the necessary infrastructure and staff training to handle purchases with CannabisCoin, in its most basic form that amounts to little more than a wallet and printed Qr code so it is not an expensive process. Once the infrastructure is in place there is no overhead involved in utilizing CANN for cashless transactions and this is where it becomes particularly interesting. Even though the current administration has instructed that state-legal businesses should not be prosecuted banks find compliance costs too high and consequently refuse to provide banking services to marijuana businesses. As a result of this marijuana businesses are drowning in cash for want of electronic cashless point-of-transaction services.

Don't think that cash is a problem for marijuana businesses? Here's a few little news items you might find interesting: Protecting Marijuana's $2.7 Billion Cash Industry When Banks Won't; Significant Setbacks in Cannabis Banking Slow Recent Momentum; Security Firms Thrive While Cannabusiness Seeks Banking and so on. The information is out there if you care to look rather than giggling like fourth graders over "look, I can get weed for CANN, te he".

Enter CannabisCoin as a cashless service provider. One that is likely to grow organically as crops become available for donation into the CANNdy inventory.

Sourcing CANNdy depends partly on trial-and-error testing to find the right source strains to deliver the desired output and which will thrive in a given grow location. This is a process which does not happen overnight. There's a lot time consumed in finding legal grow sites (yes, locations are controlled), finding the right strains, propagating and distributing to growers, actually producing the crops, harvesting, curing, testing before packing and finally distributing the product. People expecting to be flash millionaires should calm down and realize this is a project which will take years to bring to fruition - for DeltaNine this is a lifetime mission to bring quality meds to mmj patients at a reduced cost.

Why do any of us give? Fortunately it is just part of the social nature of humanity although there are benefits besides.

For growers now there's only the good feeling of giving to those in need, although they may find their lives made easier later by transacting in CANN depending on future federal and banking moves.

For dispensaries and shop owners it's a way to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the CANNdy inventory. Of course, the more patients and general purchasers they get using CannabisCoin for some or preferably all of their transactions the less of a cash problem they have and the greater the safety for all involved. Heck, just the safety factor of reducing cash transactions alone is sufficient to justify donating into the CANNdy inventory and even the most hard-hearted and mercenary of dispensary owners can see the profit in reducing the insurance cost of the amount of cash on premises. There's also the benefit of reducing the cash temptation factor for employees because employee theft is unfortunately a major issue. Couple all that with retaining/increasing your client base then donating into the CANNdy inventory just makes sense.

So what about those who are neither patients seeking to reduce the cost of medical marijuana nor dispensaries seeking their business, what is in it for the speculative purchaser?

Some purchasers are driven by charitable giving, stockpiling cheap CANN against a time when recreational mj trade might drive CANN to parity pricing if the feds do not change marijuana's schedule one listing and banks continue to decline marijuana business. Stockpiling now will permit the establishment of charitable funds to continue subsidizing needy patients' medicine.

Others of course are in it solely for profit. For the reasons listed above they expect CANN to increase in value and are making speculative purchases now. Even though their motivation is personal profit they are extremely helpful in these early stages. How? By keeping the market buoyant during the long period of low apparent activity, the period when phenomenal effort is made behind the scenes but little change is apparent to outside observers. It is the speculative traders who are providing the "carry-on" funding for the miners busily hashing away, keeping the CannabisCoin block chain moving along, providing transaction security.

There's your answer, perhaps a little more nuanced than you had expected but the bottom line is: "Yeah, it actually exists!"

We need more posts like this and good folks like you in crypto.  Nice work.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
zombie007

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:08:15 PM

Of course it exists.

What is CANNdy?

We need more posts like this and good folks like you in crypto.  Nice work.
DO the last rush, BUY, mine, etc ! Get as much CANN as possible NOW, regret later Smiley Iam mining btc too, buying CANN with it, and mining CANN directly. IAM IN ! Cheesy

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:20:52 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2015, 12:54:09 PM by B4zz4

DO the last rush, BUY, mine, etc ! Get as much CANN as possible NOW (or) regret later Smiley I am mining btc too, buying CANN with it, and mining CANN directly. I AM IN ! Cheesy

Good for you and thank you for your service (miners can be an under-appreciated group).

You are correct about it being something of a last rush, even from a mining perspective. On average there's about 2,060 blocks mined per day and the reward is down to 3.28125 CANN per block now, so only about 6,750 new CANN are minted per day. In 17 days or so the reward will halve once more (mining subsidy halves every 100K blocks). The days of picking up 50K new CANN in a week at miner sale prices are rapidly coming to a close.

Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: