Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:18:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 12:38:18 PM

Excuse me, but why in the living hell aren't people loading into Blocknet!?!?  Its beyond me!  Let me explain for those who don't know -

Blocknet are relentlessly building a decentralized exchange.  The ONLY truly decentralized exchange, where you will maintain FULL control over your funds at ALL times.  No third parties ever involved, no trust required.  This is NOT true for ANY other DEX project out there.

No govt agency will be able to shut it down and seize funds, and no shady exchange can run off with your money.  You won't even have to hand over any personal information to use it.  Fees will likely be much much lower than poloniex and the like, and trades will happen instantly.

I mean the whole thing will be an absolute game changer!  Project of the year!

The developers are super super smart, they know exactly what they're doing, and are fully committed. There are a bunch of other exciting spin offs from the tech they're developing - which is going to allow different blockchains be able inter-operate and interact together.  For now, they move toward the Blocknet DEX - with already working, proven, executed trades in the bag...

What's more, you can buy an exchange node for 5000 block - that's only about 5btc at these insane prices on Bittrex.  Exchange nodes administer trade fees, and for running the node you will receive a small commission of every trade that goes through you (just let that sink for a minute...)

Yes it's real, it has a tangible inherent value (unlike the other rubbish getting pumped out there).  The demand will be massive - every crypto-trader with half a brain cell will be using it (wouldn't you be!?).  Yet there it sits, waiting, looking for some love...

Yup, you're welcome, please thank me later Smiley

The problem is people will not believe it until they see it.

It's like anything you notice the pump as soon as it is fully operational. Which is strange because by then you missed the best buying opportunity.

The hold back here is that it has been in development for years. Investors are speculating there will be many months and opportunities to buy before actual release so are gaining from other pumps first.

However really since coblee and sys dev and DZ have actually seen it working there is even more reason to believe it is an amazing opportunity only not gaining first mover on it is the concern. Once it is out I think you will see a huge green candle if it is released in reasonable time frame.

I know its hard not to but don't worry too much about the timeframe.  Wink

Regarding a roadmap, here is our plan:

- publish an initial list of planned features
- allow people to vote on features (probably by directly funding each feature), in order for us to gauge the market's priorities
- put the features in the order of priority resulting from the votes (this can be readjusted as later votes come in - no need for a cutoff)
- add features as they come up

Sound good?
I plan to publish this in the next few days at the latest.

Sounds great! Smiley Cheers.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:25:25 PM

Thanks for all your hard work devs.  You deserve to be rich!
PeytonItemu

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:52:56 PM

So I need 5000 Blocks to run a node and get comissions?
If I dont have enought for 5000 Blocks what is the deal buying coins?
Probably someone says that other people with more money will wish buy it, but in more expensive price, less people can buy 5000 and less attractive for investor. Thats the same problem with Dash, at the end will become in a pyramid, and nobody likes pyramids.
That is my opinion, whats yours?
PD: Sorry if my english is not so perfect XD
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 04:00:46 PM

So I need 5000 Blocks to run a node and get comissions?
If I dont have enought for 5000 Blocks what is the deal buying coins?
Probably someone says that other people with more money will wish buy it, but in more expensive price, less people can buy 5000 and less attractive for investor. Thats the same problem with Dash, at the end will become in a pyramid, and nobody likes pyramids.
That is my opinion, whats yours?
PD: Sorry if my english is not so perfect XD

Hi, thanks for posting. Good questions.

If you don't have enough to buy 5000 BLOCK then your other motives for buying might be:
- to sell at a higher price
- to pay trade fees on our current test builds (future builds will automatically handle trade fees, so this is a temporary motivation)

I think you've made an interesting observation that if less people can buy 5000 BLOCK, then the Blocknet becomes less attractive to investors. It's interesting to me because most people who have posted here have thought the opposite: that the scarcity of BLOCK tokens, and the limited number that people are willing to sell, makes them want to buy because they believe that the price will go very high.

Finally, you have wondered whether the 5000 BLOCK requirement to run a service node is like a pyramid scheme. I can safely say that the answer to this is no. A pyramid scheme is a structure where, in order to make money, early adopters need to bring later adopters onboard, and where late adopters either make money by bringing on later adopters or they lose. This is different to the scenario with service nodes, because (a) people make money by running a service node, not by persuading other people to run one, (b) by buying 5000 BLOCK you exclude another person from running a service node because there is a limited number of tokens, but if it were a pyramid scheme your buying products/stock would be directly in order to bring another person onboard and would not exclude them from doing so.

Service nodes are rare entities. There is thus competition to hold enough BLOCK to run a service node. This is not a pyramid scheme, it is a system that enables a few thousand people to provide a Blocknet service and to make money from it. Not everyone can provide this service because there is a limited number of Blocknet tokens. I can understand that some people may not like this, since they may want anyone to be able to run a service node. (I myself find this latter idea appealing, since it's more politically anarchic.) But this dislike is a dislike of a few thousand people delivering a service, instead of everyone delivering the service. It is not a dislike of a pyramid scheme.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:13:52 PM

I have enough blocks to run exchange node so still watching on the progress as recent testing is really nice achievement. I think after few weeks block will move to more high and stable than it will be much hard for people to collect initial for exchange node. This is good time to buy at low price.
Tewmamadoe

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 04:53:23 PM

How do you buy a node ?

Maybe stupid question but I just bought BLOCK so...

Thanks
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 05:02:08 PM

How do you buy a node ?

Thanks

- buy 5000 BLOCK
- download the latest Blocknet wallet from http://builds.xcurrency.co/blocknet/Build/
- download wallets of coins that you want to accept trade fees from
- follow the setup guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M65hM03tX16FXN-X-30ETWq21WkWts1TxQXv-LR32AU/edit?usp=sharing

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Tewmamadoe

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:09:34 PM

How do you buy a node ?

Thanks

- buy 5000 BLOCK
- download the latest Blocknet wallet from http://builds.xcurrency.co/blocknet/Build/
- follow the setup guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M65hM03tX16FXN-X-30ETWq21WkWts1TxQXv-LR32AU/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you just one more noob question will it always be 5000 BLOCK needed to 'buy' a node is that somehow build in and guaranteed or could it be in one year say development says you need 10K or 20k BLOCK?

Thank you very much.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 05:18:32 PM

How do you buy a node ?

Thanks

- buy 5000 BLOCK

Thank you just one more noob question will it always be 5000 BLOCK needed to 'buy' a node is that somehow build in and guaranteed or could it be in one year say development says you need 10K or 20k BLOCK?

Thank you very much.

We guess that the price of BLOCK will increase as we approach a mature release of the tech, and so the price to run a node is likely not to go up but to go down.

Dan is already some way toward implementing a service node voting feature, which may be the mechanism we use to collectively decide on the BLOCK amount required to run a service node.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:07:17 PM

What amazing detailed fast answers.  Lots of other dev's could learn from this community interaction.  Some of the questions I myself was wondering about.  Its interesting that as the network grows the cost of running a node could come down.
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:10:04 PM

What amazing detailed fast answers.  Lots of other dev's could learn from this community interaction.  Some of the questions I myself was wondering about.  Its interesting that as the network grows the cost of running a node could come down.

Block has very caring dev so that I also quite sure it deserve to be over $100 with this unique tech. After some promotion which will be helpful to raise the awareness about this and I think it will happen very soon.
danielwwt

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:14:38 PM

Last chance to buy cheap!!!
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:47:54 PM

How do you buy a node ?

Thanks

- buy 5000 BLOCK

Thank you very much.

We guess that the price of BLOCK will increase as we approach a mature release of the tech, and so the price to run a node is likely not to go up but to go down.

Dan is already some way toward implementing a service node voting feature, which may be the mechanism we use to collectively decide on the BLOCK amount required to run a service node.

Doesn't it make it more decentralised if there are more nodes running the network? So wouldn't is be wise to decrease the amount needed for a node so more people can support the network with a node? To avoid a dash situation where nowadays for people run a MN they have to invest a 100k and most newcomers can't afford that. Or does more nodes not make the network more decentralised and better ?
Are there other positive effect of high node price that I'm not aware of?

Maybe the fees from dex goes down per node? So the more nodes there are the less people earn with each node. So could it be that the people that are voting on the amount block to run a node take this into consideration as well and choose a option that is better for them and not for the network?

Lots of ifs but just wondering got enough for a few nodes myself so that's not the problem but I can imagine not everyone can afford it even at this prices let alone in te future when prices hopefully rises a lot.

Maybe it's possible for someone to run a service that people can buy shares(portion of a node) and can get a % of the profit a node makes
pm1978

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

stealthcoin.com

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 08:31:55 PM

How do you buy a node ?

Thanks

- buy 5000 BLOCK

Thank you very much.

Doesn't it make it more decentralised if there are more nodes running the network? So wouldn't is be wise to decrease the amount needed for a node so more people can support the network with a node? To avoid a dash situation where nowadays for people run a MN they have to invest a 100k and most newcomers can't afford that. Or does more nodes not make the network more decentralised and better ?
Are there other positive effect of high node price that I'm not aware of?

Maybe the fees from dex goes down per node? So the more nodes there are the less people earn with each node. So could it be that the people that are voting on the amount block to run a node take this into consideration as well and choose a option that is better for them and not for the network?

Lots of ifs but just wondering got enough for a few nodes myself so that's not the problem but I can imagine not everyone can afford it even at this prices let alone in te future when prices hopefully rises a lot.

Maybe it's possible for someone to run a service that people can buy shares(portion of a node) and can get a % of the profit a node makes

I think many people miss the point a little bit. Everyone is talking about nodes, profit, fees, pyramid schemes, amount of block needed to run a node. The bottom line is: Those people simply missed the boat.
It happens daily, many people miss boats, I missed BTC, ETH, DASH, XMR. Hell, I'd never complain, I was just too fuckn late. That's my fault. Not the fault of others.
There's no difference here. So why should it matter.
And everyone can still buy Block to get enough for a node.

Of course this aspect is important (as well), for those who didn't miss the boat. For those who supported the project from day one. For those who bought block when it was down and fudded.
You can't serve everyone. You can't make everyone happy. Not everyone can run a node.

There will be enough nodes to support the network.
The main focus is dezentralization. Period. It's the first project to pull it off. Thanx to Dan. Kudos.

Everyone should celebrate the aspect of decentralization.
And not worry about nodes.

No one draws back the price of Bitcoin for latecomers so they can get in.
Block is being traded since 2014, everyone had enough time to buy block.
And of course still has, it's dirt cheap.

STEALTHCOIN | XST | stealthcoin.com
BLOCKNET : THE INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS https://blocknet.co/ | A DECENTRALISED EXCHANGE THAT IS 100% TRUSTLESS.
Tewmamadoe

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:09:16 PM

Partially clearly you are correct but regardless those who have bought Blocknet now and in the past believe it to have some future and are rooting for the project to succeed that we can certainly agree on.

As I have said I am just a noob and dont understand half of it lol but :

I like the idea of owning a node.
I like the idea of it being exclusive yet "accessible".
Say you have 20 guys ending up owning all the nodes there would be no real difference between an centralised exchange today and a decentralised in the future basically.

But as Synechist commented I believe this is an issue being taken into consideration.
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 09:43:13 PM

Partially clearly you are correct but regardless those who have bought Blocknet now and in the past believe it to have some future and are rooting for the project to succeed that we can certainly agree on.

Say you have 20 guys ending up owning all the nodes there would be no real difference between an centralised exchange today and a decentralised in the future basically.

But as Synechist commented I believe this is an issue being taken into consideration.

As the price rises the price of a node will almost certainly go down. About a month ago the node price was going to be 10k but as the price rose it was decided to lower it to 5k. I think its at a very reasonable price right now if people want one, specially compared to a couple of weeks ago.

The important thing to think of for those who don't have a chance to get a node and are wondering why to invest in block is the fact that all fees are paid in block. that means every time someone uses the exchange, no matter what coins they trade, the fee will be bought from the market in block before it is paid out to nodes. this will put constant buy pressure on BLOCK.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2017, 10:23:39 PM

Regarding service nodes and decentralisation, something needs to be cleared up.

There's a difference been trading p2p and how trade fees are collected.

When I trade on the decentralised exchange, I do it directly with other traders, and no intermediary is involved.

Service nodes do not hold or control coins, and do not mediate coin exchange.

Service nodes collect and distribute trade fees.

This means that coin exchange is no less decentralised with 8000 nodes than with every node in the network functioning as a service node.

In a nutshell: a limited number of service nodes do not make the exchange centralised.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:26:58 PM

Even in the far fetched scenario where 20 people ran the nodes it would be very very different from a centralised exchange.

Many people owned xc. Many people owned block.

I think the number will eventually be around 3-4k to run a SN but 5k is fine.

hansen.ng

Activity: 632

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:06:21 AM

I was trying to learn more about blocknet but the wiki link is not working.

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
greyskies

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:02:32 PM

Even in the far fetched scenario where 20 people ran the nodes it would be very very different from a centralised exchange.

Read the post above yours by Synechist.
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: