Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly |  (Read 69659 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:39:34 PM

Fees are destroyed to offset inflation (1 PHS per 100k)[/b]

Hate to tell you this, but this small transaction fee HAS NO IMPACT on inflation.  50% inflation is offset by 0.0001% fee?

Define inflation.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StudyEconomics

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:16:55 AM

Hate to tell you this, but this small transaction fee HAS NO IMPACT on inflation.  50% inflation is offset by 0.0001% fee?

Define inflation.

I see this on mises.org

"Inflation is a general increase in the money supply. One of the effects, that may accompany inflation (and is sometimes confused for it) is a rise in prices called price inflation. A similar, but opposite effect in kind is deflation."

I am not certain how this coin uses the term inflation. But i think to use money supply or you could call it "stone supply", expansion.  I don't think this tiny fee will cancel out 50% interest rate what i wanted to get across.
arteleis

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:55:39 AM

Define inflation.

I see this on mises.org

"Inflation is a general increase in the money supply. One of the effects, that may accompany inflation (and is sometimes confused for it) is a rise in prices called price inflation. A similar, but opposite effect in kind is deflation."

I am not certain how this coin uses the term inflation. But i think to use money supply or you could call it "stone supply", expansion.  I don't think this tiny fee will cancel out 50% interest rate what i wanted to get across.

Define. Money.  And interest.  In reference to 100% pos coin.

StudyEconomics

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:22:41 AM

Define inflation.

I see this on mises.org

Define. Money.  And interest.  In reference to 100% pos coin.

No
arteleis

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:10:08 AM

Lol

Cuz it has no bearing here.

Calling pos gains interest and inflation is as stupid as calling pooling mining inflation...
  Cuz well inflation would be judged as spending.. and money well would be defined as legal currency.

Are cryptos legal currency? No. Are they money? Depends if they hit an exchange.  Is this inflation? Repeat a through c.

Or define yourself instead of being vague and seemingly uninformed as your avatar suggests while you puke bullshit on a good thread.

Or just refuse to deny definition in your vague accusation of an inflationary currency. Er. Crypto.  Er. Stone.

StudyEconomics

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:50:10 AM

This really had nothing to do with my original question. I am not the one calling it inflation, it is this coin, in the first post.  You are just trying to change the subject, when I point out a legitimate false advertising. This tiny fraction of a fee will have no impact on anything whether it is stone number, bitcoin price, or anything like that. It is so small it has no impact on anything.

Not an argument about what is or isn't considered inflation. Just a ver very simple point.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:32:32 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2014, 08:13:22 AM by Palmdetroit

Hate to tell you this, but this small transaction fee HAS NO IMPACT on inflation.  50% inflation is offset by 0.0001% fee?

Define inflation.

I see this on mises.org

I am not certain how this coin uses the term inflation. But i think to use money supply or you could call it "stone supply", expansion.  I don't think this tiny fee will cancel out 50% interest rate what i wanted to get across.

As posted, fee destruction is meant to offset PoS 'inflation', not cancel completely (and also reduce bloat to a small extent). Perhaps you have a suggestion or improved wording?

I previously thought to increase the fee by an order of magnitude or more , as PHS is not designed for micro TX anyway, but it was never in demand and not well received by the PHS community. (hardfork) Cryptos are highly deflationary in nature due to lost wallets, coins, technical problems, etc. A fee to completely 'cancel out' PoS 'inflation', would result in deflationary death spiral, obviously, when this is taken into account.

Point taken, however, In that we could clarify the OP for the 'low hanging fruit' among us, I.E. "1 PHS per 100k" may be too technical.  Although the required arithmetic is quite trivial.

NaNaec

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:28:23 PM

Looks like my wallet cant connect to main blockchain. Only 1 active connection (sometimes no active connections), lot of minted coins... have we some forked blockchains?
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:25:05 AM

Looks like my wallet cant connect to main blockchain. Only 1 active connection (sometimes no active connections), lot of minted coins... have we some forked blockchains?

Hi, don't worry when you sync back up your stakes will be safe.

I looked in some logs and only thing I could see recently is someone maybe changing their clocks early for daylight savings and getting rejected blocks, could this be the problem for you?

Anyway you can first try to run the newest client with a new CP: (can delete peers.dat may help)

https://github.com/philosopherstonecoin/philosopherstone/releases/tag/165

If that doesn't work you will need to delete everything but wallet.dat (and .conf if you want to keep that) and use the fast blockchain download/bootstrap also available at:

https://github.com/philosopherstonecoin/philosopherstone/releases/tag/165

Regards,
PD

arteleis

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:41:19 AM

Hmm I've got 20 connections.

StudyEconomics

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:51:52 PM

I took the "bait" and bought stones to see the interest rate work.

The this happened right after I got stones
https://i.imgur.com/h4hrx4e.jpg

Now i think all the interest payments in the world wont be enough to help me.

Why is price tanking? Is interest payments too much to be handled?  Should I keep my stone or sell?
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:22:44 PM

I took the "bait" and bought stones to see the interest rate work.

The this happened right after I got stones

Now i think all the interest payments in the world wont be enough to help me.

Why is price tanking? Is interest payments too much to be handled?  Should I keep my stone or sell?

Lesson #2

Cheesy If you perfectly timed a top that well, I would consider sticking with your day job.  Cheesy

Another option may be to buy when you think you should sell. (opposite)

Or study economics. Does this chart below look familiar? One strategy is to 'buy low sell high' , not sell low and buy high

Also note long term trend, please do a line if you have time!

StudyEconomics

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:31:11 PM

I don't know whats high and whats low.  And making fun of me doesn't help me feel any better about it.  Embarrassed

Few months ago on cryptsy, looks almost 10 times higher price. Made me think I was buying low.  Stones just has no solid base price? Do you think there is a base price for each stone?
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:42:48 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 05:54:17 PM by Palmdetroit

I don't know whats high and whats low.  And making fun of me doesn't help me feel any better about it.  Embarrassed

Few months ago on cryptsy, looks almost 10 times higher price. Made me think I was buying low.  Stones just has no solid base price? Do you think there is a base price for each stone?

If the price was 10x higher, and it made you think you are buying low??? Think about this, please.

It is impossible to say anything because how can I know your time frame? 1 hour? 1 day? Month, years???

If your time frame is hours, Here is an example of 100% gain last few hours:

Also when you get a chance, Please post a screenshot of your purchase  Cheesy

CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:59:40 PM

Notice that super tiny volume on the upswing. Getting 100% of like 0.01 BTC or less isn't that exciting Undecided
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:03:54 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 06:18:30 PM by Palmdetroit

Notice that super tiny volume on the upswing. Getting 100% of like 0.01 BTC or less isn't that exciting Undecided

Use BC or XMR maybe PPC for swing trades (hourly/daily).

also, a Profit is a profit.

sigesang

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:25:02 PM

Code:
In file included from src/bignum.h:12:0,
                 from src/main.h:8,
                 from src/kernel.h:7,
                 from src/txdb-leveldb.cpp:17:
src/main.h: In member function 'std::string CTransaction::ToString() const':
src/util.h:181:69: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
 #define strprintf(format, ...) real_strprintf(format, 0, __VA_ARGS__)
                                                                     ^
src/main.h:659:16: note: in expansion of macro 'strprintf'
         str += strprintf("(hash=%s, nTime=%d, ver=%d, vin.size=%"PRIszu", vout.size=%"PRIszu", nLockTime=%d)\n",
                ^

src/main.h
Code:
             nVersion,
             vin.size(),
             vout.size(),
-            nLockTime,
- strTxComment.substr(0,30).c_str()
- );
+            nLockTime);

for (unsigned int i = 0; i < vin.size(); i++)
             str += "    " + vin[i].ToString() + "\n";

I don't like warnings, please fix this obvious typo

BTC 1basemmmcpVWVfzZMyLA1r2DJMTMnZYoX LTC LiTeTipdGNcXRjTw5pVnMXjB5FFoEfxPAZ
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:43:13 PM

Code:
In file included from src/bignum.h:12:0,
                 from src/main.h:8,
                 from src/kernel.h:7,
                 from src/txdb-leveldb.cpp:17:
src/main.h: In member function 'std::string CTransaction::ToString() const':
src/util.h:181:69: warning: too many arguments for format [-Wformat-extra-args]
 #define strprintf(format, ...) real_strprintf(format, 0, __VA_ARGS__)
                                                                     ^
src/main.h:659:16: note: in expansion of macro 'strprintf'
         str += strprintf("(hash=%s, nTime=%d, ver=%d, vin.size=%"PRIszu", vout.size=%"PRIszu", nLockTime=%d)\n",
                ^

src/main.h
Code:
             nVersion,
             vin.size(),
             vout.size(),
-            nLockTime,
- strTxComment.substr(0,30).c_str()
- );
+            nLockTime);

for (unsigned int i = 0; i < vin.size(); i++)
             str += "    " + vin[i].ToString() + "\n";

I don't like warnings, please fix this obvious typo

Noted and added to the very long list, I usually -Wno-format-extra-args this family, among others  Cheesy

you are also welcome to do any PR at https://github.com/philosopherstonecoin/philosopherstone/commits/master

NaNaec

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:20:51 PM

All ok with my wallet. Just redownloaded blockchain. I guess problem was in incorrect system time. Thanks friends.  Smiley
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:28:19 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2014, 08:48:44 PM by Palmdetroit

All ok with my wallet. Just redownloaded blockchain. I guess problem was in incorrect system time. Thanks friends.  Smiley

Great, Always happens around daylight savings.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: