Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More  (Read 84731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 07:15:04 PM

It's rough now, but we're working on a few things - notably the diff algorithm which is currently not as tuned as it could be.  It's been the pink elephant in the room for some time now and we just didn't have enough samples to determine it definitely had to change because of the amount of people hashing Neos for so long and consistently.  However, be that as it may sometimes change has to happen for progress.  We'll be covering every angle we can to move forward positively and improve operations all around.

Best regards,

syntaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 11:37:22 PM

Glad to see some people found NEOS again

Me too man, me too.  We're just not rolling revisions out faster than we can audit them, that's all.  Trying to make sure everything is proper before offering it to the public. =)

Best regards,

syntaks

fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 10:29:56 AM

Hello neos Smiley

Is there any site listing all difficulties by algo? Best if it had api too.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:43:12 AM

Hello,

newbie NEOS supporter here. I really don't get why the price of NEOS is being deliberately held down. This is such a great coin and a awesome community/dev! I was so fed up with scams/broken promises/lack of communication and now it seems I have found a safe haven. Just started to buy NEOS and I will promote this coin heavily. I'm a victim of OctoCoin (I lost quite a bit of money), which had a great mature community and I will tell all the folks there to switch to NEOS.

Your a smart man Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
LeFiste

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:30:39 AM

Hello,

newbie NEOS supporter here. I really don't get why the price of NEOS is being deliberately held down. This is such a great coin and a awesome community/dev! I was so fed up with scams/broken promises/lack of communication and now it seems I have found a safe haven. Just started to buy NEOS and I will promote this coin heavily. I'm a victim of OctoCoin (I lost quite a bit of money), which had a great mature community and I will tell all the folks there to switch to NEOS.

Your a smart man Wink

I hope so  Grin

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 06:20:06 PM

Hello neos Smiley

I'm not aware of any in particular myself with an API, but if you can't find one I'll spit json out somewhere public for you to pull from if you'd like.

Best regards,

syntaks

fredeq
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 07:51:41 PM

Hello neos Smiley

I'm not aware of any in particular myself with an API, but if you can't find one I'll spit json out somewhere public for you to pull from if you'd like.

Best regards,

syntaks

That would be great, thanks Smiley Alternatively you can point me to html version, I can scrape.

hankrules

Activity: 673

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:00:30 PM

Hello neos Smiley

Best regards,

syntaks

That would be great, thanks Smiley Alternatively you can point me to html version, I can scrape.

Doesn't the daemon have an api? ... using rpc commands>

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
fredeq
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 09:51:19 PM

I am not using daemons for my site, but external urls.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 03:30:28 AM

I am not using daemons for my site, but external urls.

No worries at all.  Here are the 3 urls with diffs updating every minute.

http://www.neoscoin.com/diffs/blake.txt
http://www.neoscoin.com/diffs/sha.txt
http://www.neoscoin.com/diffs/x11.txt

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Best regards,

syntaks

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:10:58 AM

I grabbed some more NEOS for 1700. Things are getting cheap. Is there any plans to add newer features than just a coin. Something like adding in the storj.io code to become a decentralized storage/git engine. Or maybe adding in ethereums smart contracts/touring complete language.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 03:32:21 AM

I grabbed some more NEOS for 1700. Things are getting cheap. Is there any plans to add newer features than just a coin. Something like adding in the storj.io code to become a decentralized storage/git engine. Or maybe adding in ethereums smart contracts/touring complete language.

We have an entire project management site literally with ideas to materialize and upcoming features it's just a matter of making sure the foundation is as sane as possible.  We've got a test coin network up that simulates the current neos network to test a few major changes coming in the core.  It's been brought to our attention by many and our own conclusion that this needs to be addressed.  It's been a live test for the past several days with substantial hash on it and we're just fine-tuning it right now (the diff algo).  Once that's complete, we can focus back onto what we were working on previously.  A few members of the community who are also developers are working on a payment gateway, mobile, and a few other supporting projects.  There's also a lot going on in private beta testing with a group of members of the community which once its all fleshed out will be made public.  I know it might appear as if we're slightly stagnant right now - but that couldn't be further from the truth.  We just have our priorities in order and we're giving each one of them the appropriate attention they need.  Bots suppressing the current price due to lack of market action and typically a large spread can continue to do so - we're not going anywhere.  We're not stopping what we're doing because we believe in it.  I'd love to skip over the core changes we're making, but in all reality - I wouldn't love it because I'd feel as if we were short-changing the community by ignoring something that obviously needs attention.  I typically post updates on either our forum or twitter (@NeosCoin).  I never hold back on updates if they're there to be shared.

Best regards,

syntaks

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 03:50:49 AM

This stuff is difficult. It takes a lot of work to produce quality updates. I'm in no hurry. It's so early on in crypto.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 03:56:46 AM

This stuff is difficult. It takes a lot of work to produce quality updates. I'm in no hurry. It's so early on in crypto.

That's exactly it and not to mention Neos is still in its infancy.  I just don't want to rush to say we're going to have feature a-z when d-y don't work, and a and z only work on Tuesdays.  We're not trying to be quick on the hype or push out updates every day, we're just trying to do what's best for the future of Neos and our community.  There are so many days where I'm sitting there debugging at 4am and I'd rather be coding on a new feature instead believe me.  It's just that if I did that, we'd just have a long list of things that didn't work and no real use for it.  It took this long for Bitcoin to be accepted to the extent it is, about nearly as long for Litecoin to get some acceptance and we're not anticipating a flash worldwide adoption of Neos.  There are so many gaps between crypto and real-world use that need bridging and if we're even going to have a standing chance in this we have to make sure all of our ducks are in a row.  Prime example - mobile.  For the time being just to mobilize Neos, we're going probably with your standard mobile wallet fork with some modifications.  For the future though?  We want a fully-functioning replica of the full version of the wallet.  That's just going to take time, but for the time being at least we'll have mobile usability.

Regards,

syntaks

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:36:56 AM

I just bought another 2000 NEOS at 1805 sat during a lil dump.

I'm starting to like this coin more and more.

ereborltc

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:01:56 AM

We have an entire project management site literally with ideas to materialize and upcoming features it's just a matter of making sure the foundation is as sane as possible.  We've got a test coin network up that simulates the current neos network to test a few major changes coming in the core.  It's been brought to our attention by many and our own conclusion that this needs to be addressed.  It's been a live test for the past several days with substantial hash on it and we're just fine-tuning it right now (the diff algo).  Once that's complete, we can focus back onto what we were working on previously.  A few members of the community who are also developers are working on a payment gateway, mobile, and a few other supporting projects.  There's also a lot going on in private beta testing with a group of members of the community which once its all fleshed out will be made public.  I know it might appear as if we're slightly stagnant right now - but that couldn't be further from the truth.  We just have our priorities in order and we're giving each one of them the appropriate attention they need.  Bots suppressing the current price due to lack of market action and typically a large spread can continue to do so - we're not going anywhere.  We're not stopping what we're doing because we believe in it.  I'd love to skip over the core changes we're making, but in all reality - I wouldn't love it because I'd feel as if we were short-changing the community by ignoring something that obviously needs attention.  I typically post updates on either our forum or twitter (@NeosCoin).  I never hold back on updates if they're there to be shared.

Best regards,

syntaks
+1000000

Accumulate!

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 06:09:25 PM

Looks like there's still lots to be sold off from the ICO premine
ereborltc

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:11:38 PM

Looks like there's still lots to be sold off from the ICO premine
Theres only the mined neos being dumped right now in tiny increments of tops 600 coins...this is the time to buy and lots of things in the works to create support Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 12:39:52 AM

It might drop down to 1000 if nothing happens for another month.

Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:22:25 AM

It might drop down to 1000 if nothing happens for another month.

No it wont great things comming this month its more likely to go up 2x.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: