Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:05:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - full custom ASIC  (Read 52470 times)
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 05:43:16 PM

This effectively kills all other FPGA. Would you buy an icarus that is probably going to be outclassed in 6-9 months or a BitForce that can hold its own over that time and then be upgraded to the new technology?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 06:34:10 PM

I really hope trade ins will receive priority!

I placed an order for a mini rig, just a month back, the way i see it. If there is a 6 month gap from the time the last FGPA mini rig ships and the 1st ASIC based SC starts shipping, I am good. The current projected ROI on the mini rig is 6 months. I hope BFL considers that the current customers get first priority.

Just what in their current business practices makes you think they have any respect for their current customers as well they are required by various laws to put their shareholders interests first and if that means screwing their current customers so be it.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 06:42:01 PM

I placed an order for a mini rig, just a month back, the way i see it. If there is a 6 month gap from the time the last FGPA mini rig ships and the 1st ASIC based SC starts shipping, I am good. The current projected ROI on the mini rig is 6 months. I hope BFL considers that the current customers get first priority.

Just what in their current business practices makes you think they have any respect for their current customers as well they are required by various laws to put their shareholders interests first and if that means screwing their current customers over so be it.
Well, the fact that they are offering full value trade ins kind of tells me they have a good deal of respect for their current customers.

And keeping shareholders interests first doesn't mean screwing over your customers.  In fact, screwing over your customers would equate to NOT keeping your shareholders interests first, as the company would probably go under shortly afterward.  Who wants to buy product from a company that screws its customers over?

Maximizing long term profits is just as viable a goal as maximizing short term profits.  No shareholder or government entity is going to come down on BFL because they are trying to maximize long term profits.
DILLIGAF

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 07:01:22 PM

Just what in their current business practices makes you think they have any respect for their current customers as well they are required by various laws to put their shareholders interests first and if that means screwing their current customers over so be it.
Well, the fact that they are offering full value trade ins kind of tells me they have a good deal of respect for their current customers.

And keeping shareholders interests first doesn't mean screwing over your customers.  In fact, screwing over your customers would equate to NOT keeping your shareholders interests first, as the company would probably go under shortly afterward.  Who wants to buy product from a company that screws its customers over?

Maximizing long term profits is just as viable a goal as maximizing short term profits.  No shareholder or government entity is going to come down on BFL because they are trying to maximize long term profits.

As they say the devil is in the details, which they have not released on that upgrade offer as with so much else of the business methods it is a mystery as to what it will entail all I know is based on past performance I would not be holding out hope of it being timely or in the customers best interest.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 09:05:05 PM

And keeping shareholders interests first doesn't mean screwing over your customers.  In fact, screwing over your customers would equate to NOT keeping your shareholders interests first, as the company would probably go under shortly afterward.  Who wants to buy product from a company that screws its customers over?

Maximizing long term profits is just as viable a goal as maximizing short term profits.  No shareholder or government entity is going to come down on BFL because they are trying to maximize long term profits.

How the hell is lying about shipping times "a good deal of respect for their current customers"?  

We haven't seen the trade in details, so offering full value trade ins means nothing at this point.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 09:06:22 PM

And keeping shareholders interests first doesn't mean screwing over your customers.  In fact, screwing over your customers would equate to NOT keeping your shareholders interests first, as the company would probably go under shortly afterward.  Who wants to buy product from a company that screws its customers over?

Maximizing long term profits is just as viable a goal as maximizing short term profits.  No shareholder or government entity is going to come down on BFL because they are trying to maximize long term profits.

How the hell is lying about shipping times "a good deal of respect for their current customers"?  

We haven't seen the trade in details, so offering full value trade ins means nothing at this point.
I never said it did.  What I did say is "Well, the fact that they are offering full value trade ins kind of tells me they have a good deal of respect for their current customers."
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 09:09:46 PM

I never said it did.  What I did say is "Well, the fact that they are offering full value trade ins kind of tells me they have a good deal of respect for their current customers."

They haven't released the details yet.  What if it ends up being you can apply the price of a single single to the cost of a new unit?  Which means, you get stuck paying the difference.  Have 2 singles but can only afford/want 1 new single? Tough.  The second one has no value other than what you can pawn it off to someone else with.  

That isn't respect for customers.  They're just trying to preserve the flow of cash coming in on orders that they aren't shipping.

EIEIO:

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 09:10:36 PM

I never said it did.  What I did say is "Well, the fact that they are offering full value trade ins kind of tells me they have a good deal of respect for their current customers."

They haven't released the details yet.  What if it ends up being you can apply the price of a single single to the cost of a new unit?  Which means, you get stuck paying the difference.  Have 2 singles but can only afford/want 1 new single? Tough.  The second one has no value other than what you can pawn it off to someone else with. 
Then I might change my mind.  I don't believe that will be the case, but certainly, I could be wrong.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 09:12:24 PM

Then I might change my mind.  I don't believe that will be the case, but certainly, I could be wrong.

I get that you want to give them a benefit of the doubt, but they spent that from me a long time ago.

EIEIO:

DILLIGAF

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 09:28:21 PM

They had no choice on that for the announcement otherwise the pre-orders still sitting there for months on end would most likely have been canceled on the spot by everyone if no trade in was possible.

I get that you want to give them a benefit of the doubt, but they spent that from me a long time ago.

Hear hear that ship has long since sailed and everything they do from now on has to be judged on their past history.
hardpick

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Football President

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 01:06:20 AM

I am about to order the 25GH/s mini rig .. ROI of 6 months ??
I must be calculating the number wrongly
because my ROI is 1year 135 days
I used
http://bitcoinx.com/profit/index.php

and assumed that by the time I get the rig BTC/block will be at 25 ( not 50)

how did you calculate ROI?
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:11:34 AM

I am about to order the 25GH/s mini rig ..

You should order 2 of them, that way you can send them both back and trade them straight across for a NEW ASIC Mini-Rig once they are released.

Spend $30,000 NOW, mine @ 50 GH/s.....then in October, you can send them both back and BFL will send you 1 brand new $30,000 ASIC Mini-Rig that will hash @ 1 TH/s.
Remember, they are offering a 100% value towards new equipment, using current generation BFL gear. Take advantage of it while you can.

Win-Win for everyone ! Why wait ? just spend the $30k NOW and guarantee your place in line when the ASIC Rigs are released.

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 01:12:53 AM

I am about to order the 25GH/s mini rig ..

You should order 2 of them, that way you can send them both back and trade them straight across for a NEW ASIC Mini-Rig once they are released.

Spend $30,000 NOW, mine @ 50 GH/s.....then in October, you can send them both back and BFL will send you 1 brand new $30,000 ASIC Mini-Rig that will hash @ 1 TH/s.
Remember, they are offering a 100% value towards new equipment. Take advantage of it while you can.

Win-Win for everyone ! Why wait ? just spend the $30k NOW and guarantee your place in line when the ASIC Rigs are released.

Assuming 1:1

EIEIO:

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:13:37 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2012, 01:44:14 AM by bitlane

Assuming 1:1

Why wouldn't it be possible ? Who said anything about 1:1 ?
I am SURE they are a stand-up company who just want to make customers happy.

It will be awesome to take 50 BFL Singles and trade them straight across for a new ASIC Mini-Rig once released...

With a 100% hardware trade-in-value guarantee, who has anything to be worried about ?

The TRADE possibilities would be ENDLESS ! - With NO MONEY involved ! (and sometimes MONEY BACK !)

Trade 50 Old BFL Singles for 1 new ASIC Mini-Rig ($30,000 vs $30,000, 43 GH vs. 1TH !)

Trade 2 old BFL Mini Rigs for 1 new ASIC Mini-Rig ($30,000 vs $30,000, 50 GH vs. 1TH !)

Trade 1 old BFL Single for 4 new Jalapenos ($600 vs $600, 850 MH vs. 9 10.5 GH !)

Trade 11 old BFL Singles in for 5 new ASIC Singles AND GET MONEY ($100) BACK ! ($6,600 vs. $6,500, 9.4 GH vs. 200 GH !)

Trade 1 old BFL Mini-Rig in for 10 x ASIC Singles + 10 Jalapenos and get $500 BACK ! ($15,000 vs. $14,500, 25 GH vs. 435 GH !)

...and SO ON....

This is a company that CARES about it's customers. Why would anyone think differently ?

The Trade-Up program is the best thing that any company has been able to offer on this forum yet.
BFL makes every other company look like amateurs...

Good on ya, BFL !

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:41:18 AM

As imsaguy notes - we have not seen a definitive response from BFL on trade-in.  There are rumors circulating...

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:49:16 AM

As imsaguy notes - we have not seen a definitive response from BFL on trade-in.  There are rumors circulating...

They have been online multiple times, enough to comment, so I am just going with this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88634.0

According to everyone who commented in another thread that I started to ask BFL for comments, this seems to be feasible and why wouldn't it ? ...right ?

Everyone needs to order as much as they possibly can, as it will only help them.....no risk at all.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:50:39 AM

I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:51:13 AM

As imsaguy notes - we have not seen a definitive response from BFL on trade-in.  There are rumors circulating...

They have been online multiple times, enough to comment, so I am just going with this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88634.0

According to everyone who commented in another thread that I started to ask BFL for comments, this seems to be feasible and why wouldn't it ? ...right ?

Everyone needs to order as much as they possibly can, as it will only help them.....no risk at all.

Tongue

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:53:00 AM

I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody

that could be ouch. So, if i wanted to trade in a $15k mini-rig I would have to buy another $15k of equipment first and then I could trade in the old stuff?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:53:34 AM

Jody

that could be ouch. So, if i wanted to trade in a $15k mini-rig I would have to buy another $15k of equipment first and then I could trade in the old stuff?
Exactly that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: