Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:24:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100086 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:10:37 PM

Just stay away from any IPO, ICO, Iblabla.
All those motherfuckers just steal your money.
I mean look at fucking NXT or Ether...

I guess greedy idiots will never learn and keep loosing money.
Invest in coins with some history and honest devs, there is plenty of good coins.

how was nxt a scam ipo?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:12:50 PM

The guy attends shows and puts on a legit farce and has a business.  Wonder if any of this will bleed over to his rl.

I find it useful to keep reminding myself that the map is not the territory and the bitcointalk/github account is not the person.

Co-incidentally, I encountered some interesting relevant info, thought I'd write it up and share it with the discussants here ...

BlockNet is a straightforwardly-rebranded git clone of BitSwift. By “straightforwardly-rebranded”, I mean that, apart from some minimal changes to parameters, the rest of the changes are to the strings carrying the coin's name. This string replacement is often crude, fuzzily focused and inadequately constrained.

Fuzzy focus in BlockNet revealing BitSwift origin https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/blob/master/COPYING#L1
Copyright (c) 2014 BitSwift Developers
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 NovaCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 PPCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Bitcoin Developers

The current construction of BlockNet's heritage trail as AGS, DRM, HACK is incomplete and should read BITSWIFT, AGS, DRM, HACK

As a cloneparent, BitSwift itself is a straightforwardly-rebranded git clone of AegisCoin, as revealed by the dog's breakfast that the AegisCoin dev has made of the original carsenk <spit> clone with s/DRM/AGS/g and which, like a treasured family heirloom, has been faithfully preserved all the way down to the BlockNet code:

Example of inadequate constraint inherited from inept ancestor dev https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/blob/master/src/addrman.cpp#L9
int CAddrInfo::GetTriedBucket(const std::vector<unsigned char> &nKey) const
{
    CDataStream ss1(SER_GETHASH, 0);
    std::vector<unsigned char> vchKey = GetKey();
    ss1 << nKey << vchKey;
    uint64_t hash1 = Hash(ss1.begin(), ss1.end()).Get64();

CDataStream ss2(SER_GETHASH, 0);
    std::vector<unsigned char> vchGroupKey = GetGroup();
    ss2 << nKey << vchGroupKey << (hash1 % ADAGSAN_TRIED_BUCKETS_PER_GROUP);
    uint64_t hash2 = Hash(ss2.begin(), ss2.end()).Get64();
    return hash2 % ADAGSAN_TRIED_BUCKET_COUNT;
}

AegisCoin itself is a clone of DreamCoin, a Carsen Keck <spit> device. The original carsenk <spit> github repo is long gone but I made a fork at the time and the code testifies that the Korean hackcoin dev (who, to give him his due, had successfully created a “best-of” coin which is still prized today) was justified in accusing Carsen Keck <spit> of crass ineptitude:

https://github.com/gjhiggins/dreamcoin/blob/master/COPYING

Copyright (c) 2014 hackcoin Developers

BlockNet, presented for ICO in Nov 2014, is basically a degraded copy of 6 month-old hackcoin and the identifiable descendants that populate the family tree have all turned out to be black sheep. Using this foul heritage as a foundational codebase for an ambitious project is an inexplicably odd choice for a reputedly savvy dev.

It may be that the choice of initial commit is irrelevant - some devs adopt the tactic of simply obliterating the original commit with a later monolithic commit or even ignoring the open source code entirely and pursuing a V2.0-binary-only release policy, spuriously argued as aimed at protecting IP.

Cheers

Graham

Oh my... this is bad. Can't believe I almost joined the IPO.
leewilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:13:51 PM

Yeah your right no SEC exists in this world.... And most coins are P&D's but this one is out in the open....

IPO needs to set up a buy wall so people can sell the shit Blocknet..

I don't care who Dan is never did...For all we know its Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist..

I don't know him personally, but I have basically a complete dox on him now.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
leewilson

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:17:35 PM

So i asked these questions in the xc thread and my post got deleted and the thread is now locked..not shady at all  Roll Eyes

So dan is just being 100% evasive now. He is not answering questions in a cohesive and straight manner he is also not helping his investors by joking around.. This is alarming and highly evasive.

Dan openly answer some of the questions here please:

1: Did you develop hal in any way shape or form (answer clearly and explain what if at all you worked on for hal!)

2: Do you develop for util (again a straight forward answer yes or no and with an explanation of what you worked/work on if you did)

3: Can you list all of the people who formulated the blocknet with you and is prom bob fonats or any other known pump group in any way involved in the setup? (if so then detail specifically how and to what extent)

4: Please tell everyone here how you came to decide on these coins and did prom have anything to do with this?

5: Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no is suffice it just answers)

6: Have you done any code reviews on coins prom has be involved with (we know most of the blocknet coins prom is involved with)

7: Have you done code reviews for prom directly or him as a contact that lead you to do one?

8: has prom ever funded you in any way shape or form (elaborate please telling us what you did for prom if you did anything at all)

I've answered all of these questions already, go back and research the information for yourself

No did have not. You have been evasive please just answer them in a cohesive manner. By not doing so again is extremely evasive!
Believe it or not i want to put and end to this and you are just enabling it to carry on which makes it suspicious.

Hopefully the info I provided that shows him paying over $20K to two programming companies, one in russia and the other in india, will give us the scoop.
I am leaning towards the russian firm bc they received the lions share of the money.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
NoMoreLies (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:17:54 PM

The guy attends shows and puts on a legit farce and has a business.  Wonder if any of this will bleed over to his rl.

I find it useful to keep reminding myself that the map is not the territory and the bitcointalk/github account is not the person.

Co-incidentally, I encountered some interesting relevant info, thought I'd write it up and share it with the discussants here ...

BlockNet is a straightforwardly-rebranded git clone of BitSwift. By “straightforwardly-rebranded”, I mean that, apart from some minimal changes to parameters, the rest of the changes are to the strings carrying the coin's name. This string replacement is often crude, fuzzily focused and inadequately constrained.

Fuzzy focus in BlockNet revealing BitSwift origin https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/blob/master/COPYING#L1

The current construction of BlockNet's heritage trail as AGS, DRM, HACK is incomplete and should read BITSWIFT, AGS, DRM, HACK

As a cloneparent, BitSwift itself is a straightforwardly-rebranded git clone of AegisCoin, as revealed by the dog's breakfast that the AegisCoin dev has made of the original carsenk <spit> clone with s/DRM/AGS/g and which, like a treasured family heirloom, has been faithfully preserved all the way down to the BlockNet code:

Example of inadequate constraint inherited from inept ancestor dev https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/blob/master/src/addrman.cpp#L9
{
    ss1 << nKey << vchKey;

}

AegisCoin itself is a clone of DreamCoin, a Carsen Keck <spit> device. The original carsenk <spit> github repo is long gone but I made a fork at the time and the code testifies that the Korean hackcoin dev (who, to give him his due, had successfully created a “best-of” coin which is still prized today) was justified in accusing Carsen Keck <spit> of crass ineptitude:

BlockNet, presented for ICO in Nov 2014, is basically a degraded copy of 6 month-old hackcoin and the identifiable descendants that populate the family tree have all turned out to be black sheep. Using this foul heritage as a foundational codebase for an ambitious project is an inexplicably odd choice for a reputedly savvy dev.

It may be that the choice of initial commit is irrelevant - some devs adopt the tactic of simply obliterating the original commit with a later monolithic commit or even ignoring the open source code entirely and pursuing a V2.0-binary-only release policy, spuriously argued as aimed at protecting IP.

Cheers

Graham

Thank you for the information. Really interesting post.
loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:18:32 PM

I fail to see a problem here. We have an acclaimed dev working on projects and a pump group pushing them? Isn't that exactly what everyone hopes to buy into? Or are you all the saviors of crypto? I can imagine whatever shit anyone here has in their portfolio is just as easily torn apart.
leewilson

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:23:09 PM

I fail to see a problem here. We have an acclaimed dev working on projects and a pump group pushing them? Isn't that exactly what everyone hopes to buy into? Or are you all the saviors of crypto? I can imagine whatever shit anyone here has in their portfolio is just as easily torn apart.

Run along now. The adults are talking.

UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:32:47 PM

Crypto is becoming more Oz like than ever. Just surreal.
As long as we can keep pulling back the curtain like this the better. Preferably more quickly though.

I don't want to be an attention whore. .. but should we start a new topic labeled "Dan Matecafe = prometheus" to get people to read / not miss?

For fuck sakes! I just finished my greatest hits , and now you want to add another? Unicornfarts (chuckle every time) ...don't I know you? "Don't want to be an attention whore" hmmmm. Somebody else used to say that a lot, but he hasn't posted since Oct 10th. I miss him. He was a nasty little troll, but he did make me laugh.

I'm not saying you are a troll! You are very powerful and wise. Actually... you are all powerful and wise! I made a library for your offering. Please spare me, for I am an XC collaborator. I was just doing my duty. (Spoetnik will get that joke).

Seriously guys... I am all trolled out. I'm exiting out of XC. Done! See yah!! Later! ... bye.

[SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed___NoMoreLies
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841223.0
[SCAM] Blocknet___Spoetnik
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=836324.0
Jasinlee - one of XC's "Team Members" is a master fraudster___rdnkjdi
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=770801.0
XCurrency (XC) BlockNet community thread___URSAY
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=830893.0
XC Dev dumps entire dev fund on loyal supporters before moving on to blocknet___UnicornFarts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=840310.0
THE SMOKING GUN: METCALF PUMP GROUP TIES EXPOSED!___NoMoreLies
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841160.0
[ANN] Blocknet + Synechist - Have your posts been deleted??___BlocknetDown
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=840956.0
Dan Matecafe = prometheus___Spoetnik
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841525.0

Edit: "Are they still outside with the pitchforks Ma?"
        "Yes dear."
        "Are they mad?"
        "Yes dear."
        "Ohhhhh."

This is really awkward, but... does anybody know how to delete your sig? Just noticed I had XC at the bottom. Actually... I'll figure it out. Ima just gonna back away slowly now.. really slowly..

Lol who do you think I am?

I just think people need to be informed and there is so much misinformation a title is sometimes the best way.

Your compliments are flattering.
CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:04:55 PM

Or.. i legitimately wanted SDC as part of the blocknet.. I paid dan for some work (he has to eat and feed his family too you know) and these guys are fudding.. because it's crypto.. you can take your tin hats off, invest a few bucks into blocknet because it's a real project with real devs and real money backing it.

How much do this guys need for his family? XC premine dump, he got paid for couple other projects + now blocknet. Backing by what?
loges

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:06:11 PM

Says the person involved in maryjanecoin. You come here to bash things like blocknet but you invest yourself in copy of a copy of a coin backed by an illegal substance?
You are brilliant. It's no wonder people pay no attention to bitcointalk any longer.
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:08:11 PM

Or.. i legitimately wanted SDC as part of the blocknet.. I paid dan for some work (he has to eat and feed his family too you know) and these guys are fudding.. because it's crypto.. you can take your tin hats off, invest a few bucks into blocknet because it's a real project with real devs and real money backing it.

How much do this guys need for his family? XC premine dump, he got paid for couple other projects + now blocknet. Backing by what?

All the bitcoins people send in for the ICO is the funding backing it.
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:09:07 PM

{
    ss1 << nKey << vchKey;

}

Cheers

Graham

You do realize that it's just a temporary wallet to contain temporary coins until the real tokens can be redeemed as assets once the tech is developed?

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 06:12:02 PM

You do realize that it's just a temporary wallet to contain temporary coins until the real tokens can be redeemed as assets once the tech is developed?

No, I didn't get that. Thanks for enlightening me, it reduces the inexplicability of the choice.

Cheers

Graham
leewilson

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:12:09 PM

Says the person involved in maryjanecoin. You come here to bash things like blocknet but you invest yourself in copy of a copy of a coin backed by an illegal substance?
You are brilliant. It's no wonder people pay no attention to bitcointalk any longer.

So what I decide to invest it makes it ok for anyone to steal? ...I'm not following.
btw maryj's dev is from a state that marijuana is 100% legal and it looks to only be implemented where it is legal.
It is apparent your grasp on reality is lacking.

loges

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:18:48 PM

So what I decide to invest it makes it ok for anyone to steal? ...I'm not following.
btw maryj's dev is from a state that marijuana is 100% legal and it looks to only be implemented where it is legal.
It is apparent your grasp on reality is lacking.
What you decide to invest in makes you an imbecile and your points mute. I still fail to see where anyone is stealing. I see people working behind the scenes to grow the value of whatever they are working on. The exact same thing that happens behind the scenes of every coin. All I see is a bunch of naive crybabys here.
leewilson

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:36:53 PM

Yeah your right no SEC exists in this world.... And most coins are P&D's but this one is out in the open....

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist..

https://i.imgur.com/H97Ks3F.png

1. Shouldn't you be crafting your replies to some questions?
2. Check yourself before you rekt yourself.

I never threatened you at all. If you read through the thread you would see that. I never doubted that your identity was public since day one, and as you so eloquently put it, it has been so why so touchy. But I do doubt anyone has peeled just the first layer on the onion back and from what I see you are not passing the sniff test.
Unclean hands don't work in your favor. Awaiting your answers. You saying you did not outsource any code reviews is a bit odd. Does that mean that you outsourced all of the coins source codes just not the reviews? And if you outsourced the wallets what is the point in the review? From the looks of the evidence posted here it seems there is a lot of copy pasta going on.

CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:39:20 PM

All the bitcoins people send in for the ICO is the funding backing it.

that's not backing, or are you not going to spend these bitcoins for development? Backing is what SuperNET is doing.
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:47:16 PM

https://i.imgur.com/H97Ks3F.png

1. Shouldn't you be crafting your replies to some questions?
2. Check yourself before you rekt yourself.

I never threatened you at all. If you read through the thread you would see that. I never doubted that your identity was public since day one, and as you so eloquently put it, it has been so why so touchy. But I do doubt anyone has peeled just the first layer on the onion back and from what I see you are not passing the sniff test.
Unclean hands don't work in your favor. Awaiting your answers. You saying you did not outsource any code reviews is a bit odd. Does that mean that you outsourced all of the coins source codes just not the reviews? And if you outsourced the wallets what is the point in the review? From the looks of the evidence posted here it seems there is a lot of copy pasta going on.
I am now going through Dan's post history before he came back, i.e. posts in 2013. It is really scary. No programmer I know would obsessively write only about some ASIC hardware. Apparently, he was not fascinated by software technology at all. What the hell is going on?
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:49:53 PM

Guys what we need to be working on now is getting bittrex to do a blocknet buy back like they did on the cluster coin ICO, contact them on IRC or twitter https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange  https://twitter.com/richiela https://twitter.com/ramikawach
ifyousmell

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:55:27 PM

I'm forced to ask here because of being censored in the XC thread which is now locked and my questions deleted/redacted
Failing to answer these questions is highly suspicious and i would think it wise to just put an end to all of this and answer them once and for all

1: Did you develop hal in any way shape or form (answer clearly and explain what if at all you worked on for hal!)

2: Do you develop for util (again a straight forward answer yes or no and with an explanation of what you worked/work on if you did)

3: Can you list all of the people who formulated the blocknet with you and is prom bob fonats or any other known pump group in any way involved in the setup? (if so then detail specifically how and to what extent)

4: Please tell everyone here how you came to decide on these coins and did prom have anything to do with this?

5: Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no and please detail specifically how and what you did and to what extent)

6: Have you done any code reviews on coins prom has be involved with (we know most of the blocknet coins prom is involved with)

7: Have you done code reviews for prom directly or him as a contact that lead you to do one?

8: has prom ever funded you in any way shape or form (elaborate please telling us what you did for prom if you did anything at all)

9: Are you the sole person doing your (Dan Metcalf) code reviews if not who are you outsourcing them to?

If anyone else has some questions for Dan Metcalf please feel free to ask in this thread so we can all put this to rest and move on.

HERE ARE THE ANSWERS

I'm forced to ask here because of being censored in the XC thread which is now locked and my questions deleted/redacted
Failing to answer these questions is highly suspicious and i would think it wise to just put an end to all of this and answer them once and for all

5: Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no and please detail specifically how and what you did and to what extent)

9: Are you the sole person doing your (Dan Metcalf) code reviews if not who are you outsourcing them to?

If anyone else has some questions for Dan Metcalf please feel free to ask in this thread so we can all put this to rest and move on.

as I stated before I answered all these questions, no i did not develop hal, no i did not develop for uitl, blocknet was my idea/formulation alone thus no p&d groups involved in it setup, the coins were chosen based specific tech they bring to the table, and other coins requested access,  no prom was not involved in coin selection, all the information about the code reviews was public at the time they happened, no prom has never funded me in any way, the code reviews are not outsource as I've been programming for 35 years

Dan Metcalf

Thanks for answering some of the questions im still interested if

Have you done code reviews for prom directly or him as a contact that lead you to do one? NO
Have you done any code reviews on coins prom has be involved with (we know most of the blocknet coins prom is involved with) Code reviews are public information
Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no and please detail specifically how and what you did and to what extent)  NO

Thankyou ..finally for your answers now i can move on as it is now etched into the forum!

End of FUD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: