Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:14:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN  (Read 257460 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DaMart

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:48:19 PM

Same here. Finally haven't had the DB error for over 24 hours, but now my wallet gives the checkpoint error.

So as I don't think I can upgrade, I go for the other option the wallet gives me and I npotify the developer of the issue  Wink Grin

Trading on: Binance | Bittrex | Yobit
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johan11

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:08:54 PM

i not have .conf set up. how to set up please step by step. thank you ^_^

close your wallet.  if you're on windows in your C: drive go to folders "users" "your username" "AppData" "Roaming" "snowballs" in the snowballs folder make a new text document named "mmxiv.conf"  (not sure if should be named snowballs.conf but it works the way I have it)
and make sure it's NOT titled mmxiv.conf.txt   
then edit it and add

addnode=104.131.67.225
addnode=46.105.217.104
addnode=5.250.177.28
addnode=46.165.209.140

then close/save and restart the wallet

I do this and get conections but my wallet not responding all time

firewall - check port - wallet
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:14:11 PM

now I'm getting this at the bottom of my wallet

WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers of the issue.

i have the same error like you.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 07:41:21 PM

Yep. It's pushing the invalid checkpoint alert for valid checkpoints since the fork to timestamp based rewards. Working on a fix that doesn't require a fork, but for now only some people are seeing it and trying to figure out why valid checkpoints are being flagged

The db errors and wallet freezing should be over now, though. I believe I have solved that for good with the last quick patch to checkpoint servers that I threw into the network. The problem, now, is that the fix is now being flagged as invalid. It seems to be a Qt related display issue, as nobody running just the daemon seems to see it

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:03:43 PM

Yep. It's pushing the invalid checkpoint alert for valid checkpoints since the fork to timestamp based rewards. Working on a fix that doesn't require a fork, but for now only some people are seeing it and trying to figure out why valid checkpoints are being flagged

The db errors and wallet freezing should be over now, though. I believe I have solved that for good with the last quick patch to checkpoint servers that I threw into the network. The problem, now, is that the fix is now being flagged as invalid. It seems to be a Qt related display issue, as nobody running just the daemon seems to see it

ty for your reply & work, i will w8 for a fix then Smiley

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 08:10:10 PM

No problem. Basically, just ignore the invalid checkpoint alert for now. It's bullshit; they are all solid checkpoints

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 02:53:05 AM

yup all warnings are gone on my wallet  Cool

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 03:06:07 AM

Alright, just pushed through (yet another) patch to the checkpoint servers. Please report back any changes to version 2.0.2 clients

fastaslighting

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:30:21 PM

What's max coinage days for snowballs ?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 02:44:13 PM

What's max coinage days for snowballs ?

30 days, it's in the op

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 03:15:45 PM

Just so everyone knows.. I'm going to be merging 10k and BALLS fairly soon

More information within the next day or so. Building the new coin and swapping platform right now

https://twitter.com/PurePoS/status/589447343113633792

fastaslighting

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:17:30 PM

I figured that thanks sir been so long I forgot . How was trip to NASA ? Looks like you had a blast .  I use to go over there a lot and stay at Flagger or Ormond Beach surf some and then spend a day or so at the Space Center during the vacation..   We would rent a place in the Daytona Beach Towers then walk down the beach and party at Fat Tuesdays at the Daytona Hilton we would usually go during the Professional Volleyball Tour Week and enter in the ProAm Tour event bunch of my friends and I were great at beach volleyball.
rhkazani1

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:44:21 PM

More information within the next day or so. Building the new coin and swapping platform right now

How would that work? If I have 50 10K and 50 Balls, I will now have 100 of the new coin? How would we merge multiple wallets?
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:50:01 PM

whale waiting for news: open exchange of

cocacola caps/balls   /10k

What a thrill !!  Shocked

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 03:53:15 PM

How would that work? If I have 50 10K and 50 Balls, I will now have 100 of the new coin? How would we merge multiple wallets?

No. Still doing the math on it, but there will be a massive numbers squish. Inflation got out of control and my attempts to wrestle it down were a bandaid on a gunshot; too little too late

No big deal, we just do a hard reset. It doesn't matter, though, because you will still have the same % of ownership over the network that you do now. Everyone's flat numbers will be squished, but percentages (which is really the only number that matters) of ownership will remain unchanged

Our forks were good, and we will be using them in the merge, but by the time they went live, 10% was already a very, very high number. Don't worry, I won't let inflation get out of hand again this time. You can look at MMXIV, which we launched first. That coin is inflating nice and slow, as planned. These two were tests in hyper inflation, and I believe everyone got a ton of data that has been useful

One coin was called BALLS and the other was called EXPERIMENT - Those two phases of very fair and decentralized distribution are done, now it's time to correct the issues and take them down a serious path, just like MMXIV, which has being recently added to CoinPayments and now becoming a more widely accepted merchant token, as well

rhkazani1

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:57:40 PM

No. Still doing the math on it, but there will be a massive numbers squish. Inflation got out of control and my attempts to wrestle it down were a bandaid on a gunshot; too little too late

No big deal, we just do a hard reset. It doesn't matter, though, because you will still have the same % of ownership over the network that you do now. Everyone's flat numbers will be squished, but percentages (which is really the only number that matters) of ownership will remain unchanged

Our forks were good, and we will be using them in the merge, but by the time they went live, 10% was already a very, very high number. Don't worry, I won't let inflation get out of hand again this time. You can look at MMXIV, which we launched first. That coin is inflating nice and slow, as planned. These two were tests in hyper inflation, and I believe everyone got a ton of data that has been useful

One coin was called BALLS and the other was called EXPERIMENT - Those two phases are done, now it's time to correct the issues and take them down a serious path, just like MMXIV being recently added to CoinPayments and now becoming a more widely accepted merchant token, as well

Great, that explains.....Goodluck!
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:02:56 PM

One coin was called BALLS and the other was called EXPERIMENT - Those two phases of very fair and decentralized distribution are done, now it's time to correct the issues and take them down a serious path, just like MMXIV, which has being recently added to CoinPayments and now becoming a more widely accepted merchant token, as well

Nice,thanks a lot

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 08:59:37 PM

The new coin is pretty much done, just doing a few final tests before I say much more. The swap will be handled on a percentage basis in ONE PLACE, which I will go into more detail of later. All coins from the new chain will be swapped. The exact ratio will be unknown until the final moment before it goes live (for both 10k and BALLS)

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 09:31:22 PM

It will be:

(10k / (a / 2)) = b

10k * b = c

(BALLS / (a / 2)) = d

BALLS * d = e

The total supply of the merged chain will be a, or c + e. The exact ratio of the swap will be unknown until deposits are closed. It's not going to be a flat rate; half the coins on the new chain are going to BALLS and half are going to 10k, regardless of the amount that are turned in. If less people swap over, each piece of the pie is worth more

EVERY SINGLE COIN ON THE NEW CHAIN WILL BE SWAPPED AT ONE TIME. THERE ARE NO EXTRA COINS AT ALL

inspiron

Activity: 110

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:50:00 PM

any solution?

02:48:38

Safe mode: WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or notify developers of the issue. (code -2)
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: