Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:56:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VRC] | VeriCoin | POS-NSDI | VeriBit | VeriSend | VeriSMS | SuperNET Core  (Read 38460 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:10:06 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 09:21:29 AM by barabbas

As long as you are happy, what else can someone wish for, really?

Now, if you want to invest in something that is positive throughout and offers the possibility of obtaining some profits along the way, perhaps quite significant profits, there are already one or two vehicles out there, so you don't have to wait for a possible Laurel and Hardy coin -enticing as that may sound-. My personal favorite is Solarcoin.

It's a pity that they chose to have a censored thread -a no-no for me, so I don't participate-, but it is a serious project, with a noble purpose and, in my opinion, a great future. More and more people are beginning to see this and it is progressing slowly but nicely of late.

You are welcome for the  suggestion... but by all means keep on waiting for a Laurel and Hardy coin. Not only it is assured to be more fun than any other already existing but, worst case scenario, better than 95% of all existing others (currently), Vericoin especially included.

Edit to add: After posting this I was made aware of the fact that the new (as of September) official thread of Solarcoin is indeed NOT moderated: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785257.0 which makes it not only my favorite coin project this side of BTC but the current ONLY active entry in my WALL OF HONOR: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651689.msg10055393#msg10055393.
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:49:01 AM

As long as you are happy, what else can someone wish for, really?

Now, if you want to invest in something that is positive throughout and offers the possibility of obtaining some profits along the way, perhaps quite significant profits, there are already one or two vehicles out there, so you don't have to wait for a possible Laurel and Hardy coin -enticing as that may sound-. My personal favorite is Solarcoin.

It's a pity that they chose to have a censored thread -a no-no for me, so I don't participate-, but it is a serious project, with a noble purpose and, in my opinion, a great future. More and more people are beginning to see this and it is progressing slowly but nicely of late.

You are welcome for the  suggestion... but by all means keep on waiting for a Laurel and Hardy coin. Not only it is assured to be more fun than any other already existing but, worst case scenario, better than 95% of all existing others (currently), Vericoin especially included.

Edit to add: After posting this I was made aware of the fact that the new (as of September) official thread of Solarcoin is indeed NOT moderated: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785257.0 which makes it not only my favorite coin project this side of BTC but the current ONLY active entry in my WALL OF HONOR: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651689.msg10055393#msg10055393.

I agree, the Solarcoin project looks very good and I like it too. For me it's mainly promising and I am interested in it because it is related to a real world usage and business. On the note of a coin must be usable, must have a real world use case, still my favourite project is GadgetCoin at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=854280.0. There will be 20 billion connected devices in 2020 and there is no wonder IBM works on the similar idea than GadgetCoin and TileCoin do. (Though I am not interested in TileCoin, they have collected ICO money, but the dev have no idea about hardware and still were unable to publish a hardware schematics.)

I think projects like Solarcoin and Gadgetcoin that are related to real world use cases could be the winners in 2015.

People are excited about Supernet, but wtf, Supernet will integrate a few absolutely useless coins into a network by providing interconnected features such as decentralized exchange - so you will have the privilege to buy and sell absolutely useless coins like Vericoin in a decentralized manner ... amazing use case really. In the meantime Solarcoin and GadgetCoin are related to real world use cases - actually those coins could be really useful and make difference in their respective domains.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:48:30 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 02:05:53 PM by altcoinUK

In the meantime users in the "official" thread realized that the closing down of the BCT thread was a giant mistake and being debating if the BCT thread should be re-opened again. Of course the delusional cheerleaders - by demonstrating again why VRC is in complete disorder - are considering the re-opening of a moderated thread.

I suggest

a) please consider that a moderated thread will contribute to the success of VeriCoin as much as a Japanese sumo wrestler could contribute to the UK 2015 Belly Dancer Competition in the technics and best visual effects categories.

b) the VRC cheerleaders should either open an unmoderated thread or come back and contribute in this unmoderated thread in order to promote VeriCoin and try to turn the ship around. Since it is crystal clear by now that the unfortunate vegetative state of Vericoin is due to the incompetent and inactive developers rather than the critical voices, it will be completely counter productive to open a second front in this forum. To provide the VRC community with an unmoderated thread I am willing to modify the OP of this thread and adopt a proper form for the new official BCT thread. In this case we can ask the BCT admin to move this thread in the announcements section.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:52:17 PM

It won't happen. The stooges will not allow it. And, remember, James NEEDS the stooges.

Blackcoin saw the light after they got religion. The stooges are far from getting there yet.

And they will always have James...
BaselessBitcoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:14:08 PM

Why do you still hang around even after devs don't deliver. Save your btc while you can!
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:20:57 PM

I do trade it, albeit very little because of the lack of volume, and I had manage a few profitable trades on the loser.

But, basically one comes here to talk, FREELY, about this project because it could have been something really good instead of the loser it's become.

Some people appreciate freedom, you see...
BaselessBitcoin

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:31:34 AM

I do trade it, albeit very little because of the lack of volume, and I had manage a few profitable trades on the loser.

But, basically one comes here to talk, FREELY, about this project because it could have been something really good instead of the loser it's become.

So you like to spend your time talking about what could have happened. Free world do it if you like.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:22:07 PM

So you like to spend your time talking about what could have happened. Free world do it if you like.

We talk of all kinds of things and not too much about Vericoin since that is a lost cause and therefore not worth mentioning generally.

But, clearly, you would not enjoy our exchanges. And I deplore that.
BaselessBitcoin

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:32:43 PM

We talk of all kinds of things and not too much about Vericoin since that is a lost cause and therefore not worth mentioning generally.

But, clearly, you would not enjoy our exchanges. And I deplore that.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope in the future I don't come across as so put offish.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:15:23 PM

Why do you still hang around even after devs don't deliver. Save your btc while you can!

There is nothing wrong in discussing the state of VRC and exchanging ideas, but I don't think anyone expect anything anymore from the three Stooges here.
The current slight price change doesn't really matter. The current slightly higher price doesn't change the fact that the coin is completely hopeless. Just like it doesn't make any differences from supporters viewpoint that the Lichtenstein football team loose a game by 8 or 5 goals, from VRC bagholders viewpoint it doesn't make any differences that the price of VRC is 4K or 5k.

Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:24:45 PM

But at least we still have you to provide your every now and then entertainment Laurel.  Nice to see you haven't left us and are still following. 
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:46:54 PM

There is nothing wrong in discussing the state of VRC and exchanging ideas, but I don't think anyone expect anything anymore from the three Stooges here.
The current slight price change doesn't really matter. The current slightly higher price doesn't change the fact that the coin is completely hopeless. Just like it doesn't make any differences from supporters viewpoint that the Lichtenstein football team loose a game by 8 or 5 goals, from VRC bagholders viewpoint it doesn't make any differences that the price of VRC is 4K or 5k.

To me it actually may make a difference. .. it is no "slight" at all; it's actually almost a double (and still at highs of months as I write) from lows and a break from a deathly downside spiral since the sell off after James came on board. It is quite significant.  Especially taking into consideration the fact that it has happened in a week in which all digital currencies have been decimated and James' holdings have lost on average 40% of its value.

The only thing that makes it of little interest -so far- is the menial volume. But it clearly shows the coin still has a pulse and makes you wonder who is buying kt now and paying double the price that it had a week or so ago. I'm quite curious to know what if anything is behind it.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:05:27 PM

For day traders I am sure it is a big difference, but I think from bagholders' viewpoint it doesn't matter the price is 4k or 6k. Majority of the coins is owned by bagholders who bought the coin at 30-50k and even the cheerleaders like this Isokoira boy (as I heard from him) bought into VRC at 30-50K, and I think under 40k the coin is a complete failure.

As for the volume, it is about 50 BTC max, around US$ 10k which is not a lot. We would need several thousands BTC to take the coin somewhere. 

Still, (I am sure) at the official forum jamboree party the cheerleaders celebrate the 6K price right now - after all the cheerleaders believe the sun shines out the Stooges' asses. In the meantime there is nothing delivered by James. The cheerleaders are delusional, the developers are incompetent and the savior James don't deliver.  

I agree the coin still has a pulse as the developers have not abandoned the ship. Lets hope they start working with James and the market will value VRC again.
Isokoira

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:15:23 PM

For day traders I am sure it is a big difference, but I think from bagholders' viewpoint it doesn't matter the price is 4k or 6k. Majority of the coins is owned by bagholders who bought the coin at 30-50k and even the cheerleaders like this Isokoira boy (as I heard from him) bought into VRC at 30-50K, and I think under 40k the coin is a complete failure.

As for the volume, it is about 50 BTC max, around US$ 10k which is not a lot. We would need several thousands BTC to take the coin somewhere. 

Still, (I am sure) at the official forum jamboree party the cheerleaders celebrate the 6K price right now - after all the cheerleaders believe the sun shines out the Stooges' asses. In the meantime there is nothing delivered by James. The cheerleaders are delusional, the developers are incompetent and the savior James don't deliver.  

I agree the coin still has a pulse as the developers have not abandoned the ship. Lets hope they start working with James and the market will value VRC again.

Who you calling boy "BOY" , u don't know me.  And for the record I bought in around 8 so I'm sorry for all you bagholders that lost out.  And why should you care about whether they start working with James or not?  It's not like you have anything invested in this.  Or do you?  Are you one of those poor sad bagholders that bought in at 30-50?  HAHAHA, probably, I feel for you BOY. 
Isokoira

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:19:13 PM

And for the record, I'm not a cheerleader in any shape or form.  Looking back you got more entries in this Forum and the old to be more considered a cheerleader.  Just a poor sad one now.   Grin  .  My investment is not even close to what you probably still hold so I'm not worried either way.  I do however miss your long drawn out useless books I had grown fond of reading.
Isokoira

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:40:04 PM

Direct quote from you there ALTCOINUK

#VeriCoin is a long term investment, no brainier really to buy in at 30K-50K even scammers play with it #VRC will be fine.

Such a big turnaround in a short amount of time. 
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:43:25 PM

Either if you are a cheerleader boy or you are just trolling this thread you shouldn't offend the bagholders. The bagholders who hold and stake the coin are the community right now as I am sure you agree with me that if the pathetic cheerleader children of the official thread who discuss for long hours their US$ 10 (ten US dollars) transactions/investments is the community then Vericoin is in a very big trouble. I mean, this coin needs more serious investors than the US$ 10 (ten US dollars) volume risked by the cheerleader children of the official thread. I fully understand when you are in high school the resources are limited, but still, a movie ticket value investment/transaction will not change the state of affairs (even if the movie was the Wolf of wall street).

As for my VRC bag, yes it is very little by now, but it is still big enough (at least for me) to be interested what the fuck the PhD students & James do or more precisely why they don't do the work.

Let us know please if you hear about any developments or news about the Stooges & James.
Isokoira

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:44:21 PM

And yet another one:

altcoinUK @altcoinUK 
  ·   Jul 10   
Great material from Douglas Pike #VeriCoin dev at http://bit.ly/TVXQCb . A team with vision and the skills to deliver.

Isokoira

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 04:54:14 PM

BTCyou are a cheerleader boy or you are just trolling this thread you shouldn't offend the bagholders. The bagholders who hold and stake the coin are the community right now as I am sure you agree with me that if the pathetic cheerleader children of the official thread who discuss for long hours their US$ 10 (ten US dollars) transactions/investments is the community then Vericoin is in a very big trouble. I mean, this coin needs more serious investors than the US$ 10 (ten US dollars) volume risked by the cheerleader children of the official thread. I fully understand when you are in high school the resources are limited, but still, a movie ticket value investment/transaction will not change the state of affairs (even if the movie was the Wolf of wall street).

As for my VRC bag, yes it is very little by now, but it is still big enough (at least for me) to be interested what the fuck the PhD students & James do or more precisely why they don't do the work.

Let us know please if you hear about any developments or news about the Stooges & James.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  But at least you're still following along and a little bit hopeful, perhaps when the value has gone up a little more you can exit with some dignity and not cry too much.  And you would probably know about any developments before I would as I'm not following this on an hourly basis and have a life.  LOL.  I'm disappointed in you, usually have more nonsense spilling out that mouth of yours.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:01:14 PM

And yet another one:

altcoinUK @altcoinUK 
  ·   Jul 10   
Great material from Douglas Pike #VeriCoin dev at http://bit.ly/TVXQCb . A team with vision and the skills to deliver.

Ah yeah, we thought in the early summer that VeriCoin is in the very good hands of the two dedicated and competent PhD students and even a better Microsoft developer. After all they were the first transparent team in crypto and who would thought they would put their reputation on the line without a serious commitment to the project. However, it became clear quickly that we actually have three arrogant developer clowns with very little skills, no understanding of digital currencies whatsoever and even with less work ethic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: