Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:14:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VRC] | VeriCoin | POS-NSDI | VeriBit | VeriSend | VeriSMS | SuperNET Core  (Read 38457 times)
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:11:12 PM

great price, active developers, new feature is coming. is it good time to buy?

If you really have to spend your money on entirely useless commodities such as alternate digital currencies - which I find strange but being a free man you can spend your money on whatever makes you happy - then yes, absolutely, you will be probably better off having VRC than any of the other 600 shitcoins. At least these guys pnosker and effecttocause aren't some runaway scammers and working (i.e. doing something) on the coin.

Btw, anyone knows what's happening on the Supernet front? That fucking James collected a few million $ for a vaporware and by now ha was supposed to release something.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:36:47 AM

This is an Unofficial thread about VeriCoin
There was a reason for the official thread was closed, this thread is just an effort to continue the FUD in VeriCoin. Use this at your own risk

If you want real assistance to you doubts and questions visit http://www.vericoinforums.com

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 06:48:09 AM

Hi amesterdamer

No disrespect to you or the guys over at the official forum but it's a pain in the A to use .....there's just to much irrelevant cheer-leading and opinion to wade through.... I just pop in here for a look and keep an eye on

the wallet ticker to let me know if there's any mandatory updates...... It would be nice to have an official thread here, but whatever if you guys are scared of trolls I'll just have to acknowledge and respect your fear.

Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:47:22 PM

Anyone knows from where the new whitepaper can be downloaded? It would be interesting to read and to see what these guys came up, what the work has been all about in the last 8 months.
effectsToCause

Activity: 761

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 03:10:07 AM

Thanks for the interest!
http://www.vericoin.info/downloads/VeriCoinPoSTWhitePaper10May2015.pdf
crazytrain

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:36:16 AM

Nice information on this one, good to see a thread in btctalk for vericoin. Smiley
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3478

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:44:54 AM

how many time to ending syncronizing?!?
Or how to fast it?!?
478909 blocks remaining but it's a lots of days that I run the wallet in background on my computer....
Is an endless sycronizing? The worst is,that I can get access to my funds or my addres....
Anyone have a logic explanation?
Or I am wrong something?!?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 11:11:23 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 11:51:42 AM by altcoinUK

Nice work on the white paper! While it is clear that VeriCoin is only a hobby project for the developers, still, it's really good to see that the VeriCoin devs are trying to create/develop something original. Once the concept of PosT is implemented VeriCoin will be other than a Sunny King copy/paste clone (i.e. one of the 600 shit coins) like it is today.

Time will tell that the aims of the white paper such as "bring Proof-of-Stake to a new level of security, with strong incentive and fair distribution" can be achieved at all, but there are certainly a few very interesting aspects of this concept like "this protocol addresses other major drawbacks of the PoS system, one being the "Rich Rule" problem" which  - if it can be implemented - could be a game changer.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:03:42 PM

Nice work on the white paper! While it is clear that VeriCoin is only a hobby project for the developers, still, it's really good to see that the VeriCoin devs are trying to create/develop something original. Once the concept of PosT is implemented VeriCoin will be other than a Sunny King copy/paste clone (i.e. one of the 600 shit coins) like it is today.

Time will tell that the aims of the white paper such as "bring Proof-of-Stake to a new level of security, with strong incentive and fair distribution" can be achieved at all, but there are certainly a few very interesting aspects of this concept like "this protocol addresses other major drawbacks of the PoS system, one being the "Rich Rule" problem" which  - if it can be implemented - could be a game changer.

I am going to keep on disagreeing on that one. While security is a given, there are several other projects much better "endowed" in that regard. As for Proof of stake... really? The whole concept exists for the ONLY purpose to keep the network active and safe. It is meaningless. The crypto that will make the transition, that will be used by Joe Sixpack and Walmart, will not have any POS, no matter what letters you add to it, or will have it automatically, like any others will, much like everyone wears shows, no matter how different the models, ok?

While the tripling in price is quite remarkable or late, the (lack of) volume makes it clear it's only a minimal thing soon  to disappear once a few starved bagholders reduce losses (mind you, most hold bags averaged in the 20ks, so all of this, paper included, is meaningless). Vericoin, paper or no paper, POS or no POS, regardless of subsequent letters, is just another shitcoin bound to disappear into oblivion sooner rather than later. I am in fact surprised that the stooges are still around. Quite remarkable fact, really.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:27:26 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 12:50:15 PM by altcoinUK

I am going to keep on disagreeing on that one. While security is a given, there are several other projects much better "endowed" in that regard. As for Proof of stake... really? The whole concept exists for the ONLY purpose to keep the network active and safe. It is meaningless. The crypto that will make the transition, that will be used by Joe Sixpack and Walmart, will not have any POS, no matter what letters you add to it, or will have it automatically, like any others will, much like everyone wears shows, no matter how different the models, ok?

While the tripling in price is quite remarkable or late, the (lack of) volume makes it clear it's only a minimal thing soon  to disappear once a few starved bagholders reduce losses (mind you, most hold bags averaged in the 20ks, so all of this, paper included, is meaningless). Vericoin, paper or no paper, POS or no POS, regardless of subsequent letters, is just another shitcoin bound to disappear into oblivion sooner rather than later. I am in fact surprised that the stooges are still around. Quite remarkable fact, really.

Which makes me feel a bit better about this project again, that as you said the devs are still around which is rather encouraging. Not that I would have high hope for any altcoins, but knowing the history of this coin it is nice to see the devs have not given up (yet).

I fully agree with you that in the end product, the crypto currency that will find its way to the mass market, the low level features such as staking algorithm will be quite irrelevant from end user viewpoint, but features could be important in the race that decides which currency get there, if any. On that note, I guess what is going to happen, VISA (in fact they already started to work on it) or even the Central Bank will roll out a digital token by incorporating the best features of Bitcoin, Bitshares, Litecoin, Vericoin, etc, and then all current digital currencies will be completely obsolete.

Until that, I still hope the scientist mindset and resilience of VRC devs can take this coin somewhere, especially if they start to listen to sensible suggestions like yours was last year about marketing the coin with the clean theme.
effectsToCause

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 02:30:37 PM

how many time to ending syncronizing?!?
Or how to fast it?!?
478909 blocks remaining but it's a lots of days that I run the wallet in background on my computer....
Is an endless sycronizing? The worst is,that I can get access to my funds or my addres....
Anyone have a logic explanation?
Or I am wrong something?!?

Go to File menu, Reload Blockchain.  A whole years worth of blockchain will be fully synced in 5 minutes.
effectsToCause

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 02:36:17 PM

Thanks for the read.  Also I'm glad you see some value in the work.  As for implementation, it ran on testnet fully coded up for a month and the claims made in the paper are a direct result of that.  So we are going to do a final optimization of the protocol code, move it over to mainnet, turn it on at a certain block number and release it.
effectsToCause

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 02:39:47 PM

While the tripling in price is quite remarkable or late, the (lack of) volume makes it clear it's only a minimal thing soon  to disappear once a few starved bagholders reduce losses (mind you, most hold bags averaged in the 20ks, so all of this, paper included, is meaningless). Vericoin, paper or no paper, POS or no POS, regardless of subsequent letters, is just another shitcoin bound to disappear into oblivion sooner rather than later. I am in fact surprised that the stooges are still around. Quite remarkable fact, really.

Possibly satisfying one of you two guys with this work, is a win for me.  Wink Thanks for paying attention to our continued efforts, we appreciate it.
effectsToCause

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 02:42:03 PM

Stay tuned guys, there will be a new official VeriCoin bitcointalk thread this week run by the community.
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:03:49 PM

Stay tuned guys, there will be a new official VeriCoin bitcointalk thread this week run by the community.

Effects and Vericoin Team congrats on the hard work! Really impressed with the White Paper....great read!

Can I make one suggestion for this new community run forum...please make it semi-moderated. We all saw what happened to the last Vericoin forum being hijacked by certain individuals who only wanted to stir the pot with negativity, spreading fear or all out lies. At least put it to a vote...thanks
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:13:10 PM

Since it will be censored by certified nutcases, it will be a very solitary place, but hey, you can continue away from the madding crowd, after all (so far) it has done some good to the price... mind you considering the migration happened when it was at the bottom and with staggering losses for all involved.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:16:40 PM

Effects and Vericoin Team congrats on the hard work! Really impressed with the White Paper....great read!

Can I make one suggestion for this new community run forum...please make it semi-moderated. We all saw what happened to the last Vericoin forum being hijacked by certain individuals who only wanted to stir the pot with negativity, spreading fear or all out lies. At least put it to a vote...thanks

You mean a controlled and manipulated vote like the last time around? No one CAN hijack any thread, it's an impossibility. Never happened (in this coin or in others) but, obviously, you blatantly lie under the self-conviction that it can although it is very easy to check that it never, ever happened. To any coin.

Have fiun with the boot on your neck and dreaming it's yours on the neck of everyone else. The nazis also believed they were doing humanity as a whole a great service, you know....
MAD945

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:32:25 PM

You mean a controlled and manipulated vote like the last time around? No one CAN hijack any thread, it's an impossibility. Never happened (in this coin or in others) but, obviously, you blatantly lie under the self-conviction that it can although it is very easy to check that it never, ever happened. To any coin.

Have fiun with the boot on your neck and dreaming it's yours on the neck of everyone else. The nazis also believed they were doing humanity as a whole a great service, you know....

Ladies and Gentlemen...I present to you the one and only Barabbas! Everyone knows...no need to pretend Barabbas
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:06:06 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 10:31:39 PM by altcoinUK

Can I make one suggestion for this new community run forum...please make it semi-moderated.

You don't have to be worry about that - the cheerleader brigade have already decided and the new thread will be a moderated one. Which means sensible users will stay away from that thread which only purpose can be the baseless hype making and attract naive and uninformed investors to the project (otherwise it wouldn't be moderated but would allow the discussion about real issues).

Which surprise me that Effects came here with civility and constructive attitude to reach out the Bitcointalk community, and then instead of learning from their own mistakes he still does support the absurd plan of hardcore cheerleaders about the moderated thread. Unfortunately, it just indicates that nothing has changed as well as demonstrates why the devs earned the Stooges name in this community.

It's not too late to change that nonsensical idea of opening a moderated thread and do this: give me the OP and I will updated the OP of this thread with the content specified by the Devs and I can guarantee that no critical post nor the most extreme cheerleading bullshit will be deleted from this thread as I couldn't care less what the hype-maker wankers says about taking over Bitcoin and other absurd and hysterical ideas as long as I can say what I want.

Summa summarum, I don't see the point of opening a new moderated thread in which each deleted post will be nothing but the source of endless conflicts. The correct move is to involve all interested users in an unmoderated thread.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:28:28 PM

Anyway, here is my theory about the current price and volume as well as my advice to new and uninformed users:

There is undoubtedly some interest in VeriCoin, but the issue is remained the same: some of the big hands are still dumping the coin. Some of them loaded with millions of coins from the early days of mining and keep continue dumping. One of the dumpers is I am sure Pnosker the lead dev. He mined the shit out of this coin, he obviously lied about the 250,000 coins that was moved to Mintpal during the hack, therefore no doubt he has been lying about his stack. Other dumpers could be Scotty and onsightit, those and other guys who are with the coin from early days probably loaded with millions of coins as well.

Since there are almost 30 million coins and who knows how many coins owned by the devs and their close circle (probably many millions) you should stay away from this shit until the dumpers are emptied their wallets.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: