Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VRC] | VeriCoin | POS-NSDI | VeriBit | VeriSend | VeriSMS | SuperNET Core  (Read 38457 times)
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:03:30 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 12:55:00 AM by altcoinUK

This unmoderated thread is the place to discuss VeriCoin. All opinions are welcomed!

Just a quick overview about what happened with VeriCoin up to date.

- For many supporters, community members, bag holders and investors VeriCoin started around June, with the first Google hangout where the developers, Pnosker, EffectsToCause (two PhD students) and Dave a Microsoft developer presented the team, outlined the plans and not least promised a transparent operation - to work for the community with the community. A team member WizRig was introduced in the hangout and an ambitious marketing plan was outlined. Wizrig - together with the developers - promised a worldwide media campaign to promote VeriCoin by mobilizing all his celebrity contacts and employing a professional PR firm to take VeriCoin to the mass public. Wow, this cannot be a scam, investors said, the PhD students and the Microsoft developer are surely responsible enough to follow up this and pull the project off and the money was start flowing into VeriCoin.

- 2 weeks later the dump came. Many believes WizRig was the face and front figure of the Blackhand P&D group and his role was to hype the coin before the dump. However (and whoever WizRig is), the coin was dumped and Wizrig left the operation before anything was delivered from what was promised in the Google hangout.

- The developers said the software development will be continued (though very-very little was delivered since June)

- Then the Mintpal hack happened. It was told to the community that during a hack 8 million coins was stolen from Mintpal. There is no evidence whatsoever that the 8 million coins was really taken by a hacker, but the Vericoin team has rolled back the blockchain to the state of pre-hack and bailed out Mintpal ... at least it was told Mintpal must be bailed out and in order to prevent attacks on the protocol by the big hand hacker the blockchain must be rolled back. The community had very mixed feelings about the roll back of the blockchain and many investors and supporters left the coin at this point.

- Then the developers visited the Wall Street to take VeriCoin to institutional investors. At least that was told and the action was well hyped on Twitter ... the outcome of the meeting was a picture of skyscrapers in New York.

- Then developers visited the Chicago BTC conference. The event was seen as a game changer by many in the community where VeriCoin will be introduced to a wider audience. The outcome of the meeting was a few pictures that displays fairly happy young men meet with similarly happy young men ... and the price was dropping further.

- Then the news came with a massive Twitter campaign that VeriCoin is working on a secret project, a game changer killer project. Wow, here we are, the community was excited, this surely will be the turning point, this must be huge if such serious, responsible professionals like the PhD students and Microsoft developer say so. The secret game changer project was a VISA VRC debit card with a noname start-up. Two weeks later the project was dropped and never materialized.

- And then, James (jl777) came to save to coin by integrating it into Supernet. Many supporters believe this is the best thing ever happened to VeriCoin, many think VeriCoin should never take James' offer. Time will tell ... up to date was nothing delivered.

- The VeriCoin developers instead of developing VeriCoin started to provide software services for other coins like ARCH.

- For unknown reason on the 3thd of November, 2014 the developers closed the unmoderated Bitcointalk forum thread.

- The price is 5.8k at this moment in time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:14:47 AM

It is important to have an unmoderated place where  all kind of opinions can appear, happy and disappointed investors can discuss the state of affairs on VeriCoin, to share opinion about price, developments or lack of developments, to have a forum to freely share all kind of views and opinions about VeriCoin.

Transparent operation and that all opinions will be taken into account were promised by the developers when the price was 50k. Now, as the price is 5K and some investors lost 90% of their investment the vericoin developers abandoned Bitcointalk and moved to a moderated thread - where critical voices aren't welcomed. This thread will tolerate all opinions.
NoFudOnlyFacts

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:51:11 AM

this thread is FUD ... FUD .. FUD  Angry

the vericoin team works hard and vericoin will be one of the top 5 coins  Grin

Go to  https://vericoinforums.com/ for a real discussion about vericoin.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:02:18 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 12:19:03 PM by altcoinUK

this thread is FUD ... FUD .. FUD  Angry

the vericoin team works hard and vericoin will be one of the top 5 coins  Grin

Go to  https://vericoinforums.com/ for a real discussion about vericoin.

Seeing the lack of progress and empty promises it is very unlikely that VeriCoin will be one of the top 5 coins.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:09:27 PM

Isnt creating a puppet account to post this nonsense setting a whole new level of pathetism, trouser man?
NoFudOnlyFacts

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:37:38 PM

Isnt creating a puppet account to post this nonsense setting a whole new level of pathetism, trouser man?

ROFL ...ROFL, barabbas is a paid fudder. altcoinuk is his puppet account. everyone knows it, you're pathetic.

you lie barabbas !!! FUD and lie!!!

the developers keep delivering, the mintpal hack was necessary and the developers don't provide "software services" for arch coin.

don't lie barabbas !!!!
Ivy-Team

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:40:36 PM

unmoderated thread is more better for VeriCoin.I like this" All opinions are welcomed!"

Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN !!! Vv5pnQGbErbMAE8AovDsyN6tKzyaTmcjeu[/color]
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:49:17 PM

unmoderated thread is more better for VeriCoin.I like this" All opinions are welcomed!"

I couldn't agree more that an unmoderated thread is better. Whether the user is an unconditional supporter or a disappointed bag holder, but especially the second ones who invested in believing the hype and wonderful promises the VRC developers about a transparent operation deserve a place where their opinion can be expressed.

It was very disappointing to see that the developers closing down the thread. The very same thread which was used to ask money from the investors is no need anymore - the money was taken we don't need your opinion.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:05:00 PM

ROFL ...ROFL, barabbas is a paid fudder. altcoinuk is his puppet account. everyone knows it, you're pathetic.

the developers keep delivering, the mintpal hack was necessary and the developers don't provide "software services" for arch coin.

don't lie barabbas !!!!

While I agree on most of points with Barabbas and disagree with him on a few (for example I believe the Mintpal bailout was not necessary as with a 500 lines of code, max 16 hours development time the big hand attack could be handled by building a counter attacking logic into the application), I can assure you altcoinUK is not Barabbas' puppet account and I think it is quite unfair to attack Barabbas again. Therefore, let me point out that if anyone was factually incorrect in the starting post then it was me. Moreover, I was not disputing whether the Mintpal fact was necessary or not, I was stating the facts what happened ... if you could read then perhaps you could verify that indeed this is the case.

Anyway, please feel free to post in this unmoderated thread what else is factually incorrect in the start post and lets discuss the facts about VeriCoin.  
NoFudOnlyFacts

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:22:34 PM

don't lie barabbas !!!!

While I agree on most of points with Barabbas and disagree with him on a few (for example I believe the Mintpal bailout was not necessary as with a 500 lines of code, max 16 hours development time the big hand attack could be handled by building a counter attacking logic into the application), I can assure you altcoinUK is not Barabbas' puppet account and I think it is quite unfair to attack Barabbas again. Therefore, let me point out that if anyone was factually incorrect in the starting post then it was me. Moreover, I was not disputing whether the Mintpal fact was necessary or not, I was stating the facts what happened ... if you could read then perhaps you could verify that indeed this is the case.

Anyway, please feel free to post in this unmoderated thread what else is factually incorrect in the start post and lets discuss the facts about VeriCoin.  

Trolls !!! barabbas an altcoinuk...lulz  Grin

altcoinuk you just sit there bitching lol I feel sad for you... well not really but...man the butthurt is strong right now lol  mr. altcoinUK lol you my friend are the most butthurt person i have ever encountered... You bought vrc in early july or late june with your so called "russian group" praising the devs, then you held all the way through all the BS and became one of the angriest trolls to ever be seen lol you had numerous chances to exit yet you never took them but continue to cry in this thread cause your butt hurts so much... don't blame others for your mistakes, thats something your parents should of taught you at an early age  Wink

Arsene lupin/barabbas/iconic expert/altcoinuk  Grin troll group puppet accounts from barabbas Grin trolls for attacking vericoin.

how pathetic.
NoFudOnlyFacts

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:51:25 PM

don't lie barabbas !!!!

"factually incorrect" lulz you are factually incorrect you butthurt troll  Cheesy
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:33:05 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 03:39:46 PM by amesterdamer

This is an Unofficial thread about VeriCoin
There was a reason for the official thread was closed, this thread is just an effort to continue the FUD in VeriCoin. Use this at your own risk

If you want real assistance to you doubts and questions visit http://www.vericoinforums.com

doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:54:29 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 03:04:53 PM by doc12

Sorry but the voting results where like this :

Keep btctalk 53.9%

Keep it as is   - 28 (44.4%)
Close it and start a new btctalk thread   - 6 (9.5%)

End btctalk 46%
End it with link to new forum   - 17 (27%)
Delete it and link to new forum   - 12 (19%)

SO why make a voting, if they have decieded to close it anyways.
The majority voted for having a btctalk thread and leave the old one open.

You cannnot count " Close it and start a new btctalk thread  " to "End btctalk" this is a contradiction.
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 03:27:39 PM

Keep btctalk 53.9%

And that is exactly what happened. Enjoy your new thread...

The Official Forum for VeriCoin news and updates is at: http://vericoinforums.com

Come on over and let's discuss VeriCoin in an intelligent, rational, FUD-free manner.  There's a lot going on development-wise that you will never hear about here.

PS: If you do post news and announcements here, please link to the official posts on http://vericoinforums.com. Thank-you.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:38:21 PM

Seeing the lack of progress and empty promises it is very unlikely that VeriCoin will be one of the top 5 coins.

We will revisit this in a few years and see.  Too early to judge it one way or the other.  I have my VRC staking in my wallet.  It will remain there for a long long time.  Wallet is having a hard time syncing but hopefully the update will fix this.

-tb-

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:38:44 PM

Sorry but the voting results where like this :

Keep btctalk 53.9%

End btctalk 46%
End it with link to new forum   - 17 (27%)
Delete it and link to new forum   - 12 (19%)

SO why make a voting, if they have decieded to close it anyways.
The majority voted for having a btctalk thread and leave the old one open.

You cannnot count " Close it and start a new btctalk thread  " to "End btctalk" this is a contradiction.

So the majority voted to keep an unmoderated thread here in Bitcontalk and EffectsToCause interpreted this as the vote for closing it down forever. After all he is a scientists so he can twist the data to suit it for his own agenda.

The VRC team couldn't even manage to carry out with integrity a simple community voting ... that's great ... that's what VeriCoin became, a corrupted process.

I am glad I didn't even take part in their voting circus. I was sure it will be shamble even I couldn't imagine how a simple community voting can be corrupted, but never mind, EffectsToCause could manage that.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:43:56 PM

We will revisit this in a few years and see.  Too early to judge it one way or the other.  I have my VRC staking in my wallet.  It will remain there for a long long time.  Wallet is having a hard time syncing but hopefully the update will fix this.

-tb-

I wish you will be correct about the future of VeriCoin. The problems with VeiCoin can be fixed, and hopefully the VRC developers learn from their mistakes and put back the coin on the right track.
amesterdamer

Activity: 334
Merit: 251

Designer and CryptoCurrency Enthusiast.

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:49:45 PM

General feeling of the crypto community towards BitCoinTalk:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=354261238084209&set=gm.580676438705192&type=1&theater

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/459085124197658/permalink/580363982069771/

For more info, follow the comments on both links.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:56:25 PM

@amesterdamer :-)) Please be civil and do not spam this thread. You are a prominent voice and contributor to the VeriCoin project, and therefore your uncivil spamming actions put a very negative light on VeriCoin. That's what VeriCoin became, to spam a thread where all opinions welcomed?

Why don't you contribute in a meaningful way to address the issues of empty promises, lack of progress and the operation that keeps VeriCoin in the league of another 500 meaningless and absolutely useless BTC/LTC clones?
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:01:24 PM

General feeling of the crypto community towards BitCoinTalk:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=354261238084209&set=gm.580676438705192&type=1&theater

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/459085124197658/permalink/580363982069771/

For more info, follow the comments on both links.

Oh right, so you are on the mission of not only to keep the empty promises status-quo for VeriCoin, but to destroy Bitcointalk as well?

Anyway, tell me please why are you happy with the VRC stagnating process and 5K price?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: