Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:27:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [VRC] | VeriCoin | POS-NSDI | VeriBit | VeriSend | VeriSMS | SuperNET Core  (Read 38460 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:13:56 AM

Typing on phone is hard. And I am not in the habit of proofing, usually there's no need. for it...

I thought I made clear that everyone, including cheerleaders and retards, are welcome here. Even you are. But it has nothing to do with me; it's the nature of free speech which the OP obviously supports.

And, as far as I am concerned, "yo soy boricua pa que tu lo sepas" is as welcome as anyone else here... as long as we have things quite clear: He is one of the faces of The Black Hand and therefore every coin he's involved in is, by definition, a scam. Once that out of the way, he can post whatever he wants. Just like everyone else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Isokoira

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:22:15 AM

Well at least that post was without spelling errors, can't say for the Spanish since I don't speak.  Nice to know you are willing to accept anyone, retard or not.  Good luck with your little chat room.  I'll be back in a couple days for my weekly entertainment, mostly from your lack of spelling but it's your phone though.  Ok.  I understand then. 

Phone made you type that way, not the person behind the phone.  Ok

Has to be those fat fingers I suppose
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:30:14 AM

Regarding the statements above by Lizzard and others, regarding Patrick Nosker, the guy is sinister alright so nothing is off the table. More significantly, people should remember that when the very strange theft of VRC at Mintpal, the first move he made was transfer half or so of his coins to Mintpal... he offered me, via PM, the most absurd "explanation" ever: He had moved them there so if there was any movement (supposedly a sell off attempt of the 8 million coins robbed-, his (Nosker's) coins will be there so he would assume all the BUYS and all the SELLS... yep, THAT absurd of an explanation...

Anyway, personally I believe the shortcomings of the guy are of deeper natures and worse consequences than being a scammer, more like personality traits that make him a little frustrated dictator, on one side, and a thoroughly not trustable individual, on another... among others.

IE's has cozied up to Nosker and Doug and I believe it was Mintpal who asked Nosker to review the code of BYC, not IE. I could be wrong, of course. Not very relevant except for the fact that the lack of any and all action in VRC, while they are "helping" (being paid to do work) on other coins, that benefit only their pockets and not at all -the opposite would be true- VRC, means clearly what has been evident to us on THIS forum for a long time already: The stooges have nothing in the tank left. So, with months (many) before ANYTHING comes out of the SuperNET connection (and then only an absurdly obsolete and overall negative decentralized cloud), the fall in price will continue...accentuated by the fact that more and more rats will be jumping ship.

As I have stated, I would be looking to average down -and pocketing some slim gains- from the mid-to-high 3s downwards. No future at all on this one, but a couple of rebounds seem inevitable to me, of the 35-40% kind (from those levels I am willing to re-enter). I, of course, could be wrong, right MAD?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:31:18 AM

Well at least that post was without spelling errors, can't say for the Spanish since I don't speak.  Nice to know you are willing to accept anyone, retard or not.  Good luck with your little chat room.  I'll be back in a couple days for my weekly entertainment, mostly from your lack of spelling but it's your phone though.  Ok.  I understand then. 

Phone made you type that way, not the person behind the phone.  Ok

Has to be those fat fingers I suppose

Suppose away. Have I told you already I don't give a flying fuck about what you may or may not suppose?
Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:35:04 AM

I'm sorry you feel that way Hardy
altcoinUK (OP)

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:46:05 AM

For one, this is the Unofficial Thread and who cares who posts?  Second, why push someone away? 

That doesn't mean fucking WizRig will get a standing ovation here. Too many angry bagholders remember his promises in the first hangout when he and the three Stooges (at the time we didn't know they are the Stooges) provided investors with the illusion of a dynamic marketing team, and then we all knew what happened. That man is a proper scammer.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:04:39 AM

Regarding the statements above by Lizzard and others, regarding Patrick Nosker, the guy is sinister alright so nothing is off the table. More significantly, people should remember that when the very strange theft of VRC at Mintpal, the first move he made was transfer half or so of his coins to Mintpal... he offered me, via PM, the most absurd "explanation" ever: He had moved them there so if there was any movement (supposedly a sell off attempt of the 8 million coins robbed-, his (Nosker's) coins will be there so he would assume all the BUYS and all the SELLS... yep, THAT absurd of an explanation...

Anyway, personally I believe the shortcomings of the guy are of deeper natures and worse consequences than being a scammer, more like personality traits that make him a little frustrated dictator, on one side, and a thoroughly not trustable individual, on another... among others.

IE's has cozied up to Nosker and Doug and I believe it was Mintpal who asked Nosker to review the code of BYC, not IE. I could be wrong, of course. Not very relevant except for the fact that the lack of any and all action in VRC, while they are "helping" (being paid to do work) on other coins, that benefit only their pockets and not at all -the opposite would be true- VRC, means clearly what has been evident to us on THIS forum for a long time already: The stooges have nothing in the tank left. So, with months (many) before ANYTHING comes out of the SuperNET connection (and then only an absurdly obsolete and overall negative decentralized cloud), the fall in price will continue...accentuated by the fact that more and more rats will be jumping ship.

As I have stated, I would be looking to average down -and pocketing some slim gains- from the mid-to-high 3s downwards. No future at all on this one, but a couple of rebounds seem inevitable to me, of the 35-40% kind (from those levels I am willing to re-enter). I, of course, could be wrong, right MAD?

I guess not only you and me remember when Patrick moved his coins to Mintpal, probably everyone does, it is just so embarrassing and so not right what he did that people try to avoid that topic.

Probably you are right about the rats jumping ship. For most of us this is no more than a hobby, but there are pressing personal circumstances, there are guys like that German Micheal boy, he has put all his money into this shit, for him the small gains won't be good enough, and it's quite clear that the 5-10 delusional users who talk nonsenses about 1$ price on the censored thread won't save this coin.
SW84

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:18:10 AM

I had high hopes for VeriCoin and its developers. Unfortunately, a combination of bad luck, false promises, poor decisions and associations with shady characters has doomed this coin. This project should be a valuable lesson learned for the entire cryptocommunity, especially PoS coins.

I had close to 1M VRC at one point and held on to them through the Mintpal hack because I believed in the developers, but it eventually became obvious to me that there was really nothing innovative on the future roadmap that isn't already provided by the Bitcoin ecosystem. At that point, I decided to slowly start selling off my coins at a huge loss, because I didn't think the price would ever recover. By the looks of things, it appears that I was correct on that point.

On top of that, the developers seem to be speaking about this coin as if it's a side project now, which would explain why the development process has slowed down quite a bit. My guess is they are probably busy with their real life responsibilities and don't have as much time or interest to give to this project anymore. The subreddit is also a ghost town. This is the story of nearly every single dead alt coin that has existed.

I feel the decision to close down the official thread was also a mistake. As you could expect, the VeriTalk forums are a constant circle jerk of fanboys who don't offer any critique to the developers. All I can say is, you get what you ask for.

I've decided to sell the last of my coins off over the past few weeks. I wish the developers the best of luck, but I think all of the altcoins are facing a grim future. Moving out of VeriCoin and back into Bitcoin over the past few months is probably one of the better decisions that I've made. I recovered most of the losses I sustained by investing in VeriCoin.

If the bag holders in this thread are planning on SuperNET saving the day, think again. My opinion is that all eyes will be on Bitcoin going forward.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:17:51 PM

I've decided to sell the last of my coins off over the past few weeks. I wish the developers the best of luck, but I think all of the altcoins are facing a grim future. Moving out of VeriCoin and back into Bitcoin over the past few months is probably one of the better decisions that I've made. I recovered most of the losses I sustained by investing in VeriCoin.

If the bag holders in this thread are planning on SuperNET saving the day, think again. My opinion is that all eyes will be on Bitcoin going forward.

I couldn't agree more that Bitcoin will be still the number one. The fantasy world of VeriCoin users that the quicker transaction time will be the main contributing factor in the process of Vericoin replacing Bitcoin is a pure logical fallacy which is the result of incorrect conclusion why the merchant adoption rate is low as well as lack of understanding how the Bitoin protocol works. It's quite amazing actually, that Jay Jay boy builds a full business plan on a logical fallacy. The delusional Bitbay users also think that quicker transaction times will enable them to fight with Bitcoin. Contrary what they believe, the merchant adoption rate for Bitcoin is low not because the long confirmation time. There is a well know method, the green address that allows instant transactions on the BTC network. Besides of that, there are more and more start-ups equipped with endless VC money to make merchant integration and payment processing with Bitcoin seamless. Bitcoin will be obviously fine, and these Vericoin, Bitbay, etc. coins wont be able to challenge the dominance of Bitcoin.

On top of that, the developers seem to be speaking about this coin as if it's a side project now, which would explain why the development process has slowed down quite a bit. My guess is they are probably busy with their real life responsibilities and don't have as much time or interest to give to this project anymore.

Yep, that's exactly what happens.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

And the rats started jumping ship...

From here on down I'm buying.

Two pants-worth at a time...

It will have a couple of rebounds, 35-40% kind I believe, from mid low 3s...
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:35:59 PM

The problem is, at least I think the problem is, we don't know who is dumping so hard. It could be one of the VRC boys like Scott or it could be Alex Green from Moolah. Since Pnosker saved his ass - instead of put 24 hours hard work and no more than 200-300 lines of update into software, modify the protocol and handle that scenario by excluding that stolen wallet and all its related transaction from the network -, Alex Green has lots of coins, who knows how many and how long he will dump.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:44:15 PM

The problem is, at least I think the problem is, we don't know who is dumping so hard. It could be one of the VRC boys like Scott or it could be Alex Green from Moolah. Since Pnosker saved his ass - instead of put 24 hours hard work and no more than 200-300 lines of update into software, modify the protocol and handle that scenario by excluding that stolen wallet and all its related transaction from the network -, Alex Green has lots of coins, who knows how many and how long he will dump.

The way I see it, the rats are jumping ship and "the new vericoin" will emerge after the bloodbath. Maybe with one or two less "developers" and one real one remaining. Maybe James will take over for good by simply buying the entire float left and keeping the stooges as a front. Either way, I don't believe we are too far from the real bottom -maybe the 2s, low 2s at the most-. And then it will be slowly up to the races from there, with a totally different approach... if without James.

One of the most recent rats to jump ship, obviously, seems to be the ineffable "yo soy boricua pa que tu lo sepas".  

On the BTC front I expect it to go back to 350 and maybe even to low 3s before another attack on the 400s... that one -contrary to this one- to succeed...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:45:12 PM

Question: Will someone, at some point, acknowledge that the closing of the BTCT thread was a terrible mistake?

That the brand new, shiny, censored, cheerleaders only forums was, as all of Scott's ideas, a terrible one?

Perhaps more significantly, that having a "radio station" for a totally failed project is the contrary of an "asset"... unless if marketed as the most efficient remedy for insomnia?

Just a couple of random thoughts, for I know the answers already...
JackRipper

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:34:54 PM

Question: Will someone, at some point, acknowledge that the closing of the BTCT thread was a terrible mistake?

That the brand new, shiny, censored, cheerleaders only forums was, as all of Scott's ideas, a terrible one?

Perhaps more significantly, that having a "radio station" for a totally failed project is the contrary of an "asset"... unless if marketed as the most efficient remedy for insomnia?

Not only was it a bad idea, they went about it in the worst possible way. Putting it up to a vote and then ignoring the results of the vote was a huge mistake.

altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:51:33 AM

Not only was it a bad idea, they went about it in the worst possible way. Putting it up to a vote and then ignoring the results of the vote was a huge mistake.

Yeah, that was pretty disgraceful that the vote result was ignored. As Barabbas said, probably James requested to close down the thread, which is quite ironic as before the James' effect the coin was 100% more valuable than the today price. A charlatan (James) with the Stooges (VRC devs) - a winner combo.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

What's the mood in the cheerleader camp after the price is stabilizing in the 3000 range and many investors lost 90-95% value of their investment?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:00:12 AM

What's the mood in the cheerleader camp after the price is stabilizing in the 3000 range and many investors lost 90-95% value of their investment?

I would imagine it will be as "festive" as usual. I know that both Kevondo and Lootz are happy counting the thousands of thousands of dollars (I believe they call them millions stateside) that the status of SuperNET's asset their radio operation will eventually achieve. Our pants-boy may have been caught by the wife and it isn't a pretty picture... him, the wife probably is. Idiots are lucky that way some times...

The rats, obviously, are jumping ship big time. It seems to me that by the time it hits 3k, even the cheerleaders will have delivered their pom poms already.

Talking about which I just cashed and pocketed the quick 25% rebound. It will more than probably rebound higher for a bit but it may give me the chance to rebuy again in the upper 3s, so I got some change in my few-pants-worth reinvestment in VRC. It's been so many months since VRC and profit were associated, I am a bit teary-eyed, frankly...

Meanwhile, NAUT is crushing me. I though that Brian Kelly was a lot smarter than he actually is, books and all. Hopefully that one will rebound because I'm going in big, big time. No way to go back now...
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:10:04 PM

I would imagine it will be as "festive" as usual. I know that both Kevondo and Lootz are happy counting the thousands of thousands of dollars (I believe they call them millions stateside) that the status of SuperNET's asset their radio operation will eventually achieve. Our pants-boy may have been caught by the wife and it isn't a pretty picture... him, the wife probably is. Idiots are lucky that way some times...

LoL tha's funny :-))) Don't make our pants boy angry please, he will be out of control again.

Meanwhile, NAUT is crushing me. I though that Brian Kelly was a lot smarter than he actually is, books and all. Hopefully that one will rebound because I'm going in big, big time. No way to go back now...

The NAUT operation seems a tricky one and perhaps just verifies that the known identity behind a coin doesn't guarantee successful operation (good news for the anonymous James?). I was very excited about the prospect of bringing transparency to digital currencies, that's why I was interested in VRC in the first place, but the state of VRC and NAUT perhaps indicates that the known identity of the devs is not the most important factor in making a coin successful. Good technology, being open source and sort of fair distribution could make a coin successful - no wonder BTC is still there and VRC (which is lack of good tech) is not succeeding. I agree with your view about the importance of complying with regulations and that (the compliance) could be the most important factor in the future when the regulations will be in place, I am talking about how can a coin succeed until the regulations are not enforced.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:36:12 PM

LoL tha's funny :-))) Don't make our pants boy angry please, he will be out of control again.

The NAUT operation seems a tricky one and perhaps just verifies that the known identity behind a coin doesn't guarantee successful operation (good news for the anonymous James?). I was very excited about the prospect of bringing transparency to digital currencies, that's why I was interested in VRC in the first place, but the state of VRC and NAUT perhaps indicates that the known identity of the devs is not the most important factor in making a coin successful. Good technology, being open source and sort of fair distribution could make a coin successful - no wonder BTC is still there and VRC (which is lack of good tech) is not succeeding. I agree with your view about the importance of complying with regulations and that (the compliance) could be the most important factor in the future when the regulations will be in place, I am talking about how can a coin succeed until the regulations are not enforced.

Known identities is obviously an asset, craved more and more by investors tired of scams. But no amount of known identities will help a coin that doesn't move at all, let alone progress in one way or another. Like VRC. Or NAUT. Can you believe Brian Kelly has not been able to get POS working in NAUT after "trying" for months? That is a feature that every shitcoin out there has. And now, after being abandoned by several people "working" on it, including Bryce Wiener, he is in the hands of Julian Yap... not exactly a solid guarantee. Hence the dumping. It is evident that Kelly at the moment has much bigger fish to fry than salvaging an enterprise which is worth, in total market cap, less than what he makes in 6 months at their other income enterprises, maybe even less than 3 months. Problem is he's selling -trying to- a book which is supposed to be a banner add for his crypto enterprise and the current state of total failure  is not exactly and advertising gimmick, so, hopefully, the need for it to rebound will prompt some more decisive action.

One thing is lack of innovative technology -which is ok- and quite another total lack of implementation of the most basic features that any copy/paste hackjob have readily available. No matter how much exposure you can bring, if what yiou try to sell is a turd, you are not going to be very successful.
altcoinUK (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:54:32 PM

Known identities is obviously an asset, craved more and more by investors tired of scams. But no amount of known identities will help a coin that doesn't move at all, let alone progress in one way or another. Like VRC. Or NAUT. Can you believe Brian Kelly has not been able to get POS working in NAUT after "trying" for months? That is a feature that every shitcoin out there has. And now, after being abandoned by several people "working" on it, including Bryce Wiener, he is in the hands of Julian Yap... not exactly a solid guarantee. Hence the dumping. It is evident that Kelly at the moment has much bigger fish to fry than salvaging an enterprise which is worth, in total market cap, less than what he makes in 6 months at their other income enterprises, maybe even less than 3 months. Problem is he's selling -trying to- a book which is supposed to be a banner add for his crypto enterprise and the current state of total failure  is not exactly and advertising gimmick, so, hopefully, the need for it to rebound will prompt some more decisive action.

One thing is lack of innovative technology -which is ok- and quite another total lack of implementation of the most basic features that any copy/paste hackjob have readily available. No matter how much exposure you can bring, if what yiou try to sell is a turd, you are not going to be very successful.

Yeah, the issue is, even transparency exists, transparency and accountability don't walk hand in hand in this unregulated and messy crypto currency market - see VeriCoin devs and Brian Kelly, they are not accountable whatever they do. The VRC devs promised everything and then dumped their coins on the market, and now they say, sorry, this is the wild west, we didn't force you invest in VeriCoin. In the case of brick and mortar businesses the legal system puts the "developers" in jail  for such behaviour.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: