Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:58:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:40:08 PM

Is there a Factom slack channel?
FACTOM (OP)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 01:19:42 AM

Is there a Factom slack channel?

No there isn't one. Any question should be directed to hello@factom.org.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:53:35 AM

If it is possible to transfert factoid already I WTB at IPO price (for around 5 btc) if someone need to cash out some btc.

Transaction passing by escrow is compulsory.

PM me if interested
The IPO ended 5 months ago so you can't buy it at that price.
However you can buy it here https://www.dcxtx.com/OrderBook.aspx for 0.008 btc per FCT.
Very cheap.

What was the IPO price?

That said, I've seen many coins/assets drop below their IPO price.

Please, Example any IPOs.

For the minute. Are you realize that FACTOM project can be equally compared with ETH project? Are you realize the huge scale of innovations here? I think that you don't.

To campare Factoids with scamcoin's IPOs is a big failure. I think you are realizing this.

The first big IPO had ETHEREUM past year. FACTOM is the second big blockchain project in IPO history.

Viacoin
Crypty
GetGems

etc.

People are fickle. If they don't start seeing huge price jumps within weeks they start selling. This has nothing to do with the underlying technology or usefulness of the project. Technical superiority doesn't always win in the market place.

I guess no one will know the actual price till an actual exchange picks it up.

I'm extremely surprised none of the well-known exchanges have done so already.  The software works....

I would not say those would be considered blockchain 2.0 projects, like factom.

+1

It's not correct to compare those tiny projects with the top-notch blockchain 2.0 unique Factom project backing by big investors and independent company with top developers team on the board.

Yes I agree. It's horrible to compare low-end projects like GEMZ, AUGUR and FACTOM with the top-notch projects like ETH, AMP and SJCX.

We need an exchange like poloniex and price could go up pretty high before this garbage dumps below ICO price.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:56:27 AM

I asked shapeshift about FCT integration a few days ago. This is what they reponded:

Emily (ShapeShift)

Sep 17, 18:55

Hello!

We are waiting to hear from Factom, will continue to be in communication with them.

However we don't have a date of release

Thanks have a great day.

ShapeShift is a basic re-selling service. ShapeShift relies on the API services of Bittrex, Cryptsy and maybe Poloniex.

Step 1 is get listed on one or more of those 3 exchanges. Then ShapeShift can add FCT? What's the ticker? Factom is so amateur. This is what happens when a centralized service tries to sneak in and make an altcoin.

BitcoinSanDiego

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:58:13 AM

If it is possible to transfert factoid already I WTB at IPO price (for around 5 btc) if someone need to cash out some btc.

Transaction passing by escrow is compulsory.

PM me if interested
The IPO ended 5 months ago so you can't buy it at that price.
However you can buy it here https://www.dcxtx.com/OrderBook.aspx for 0.008 btc per FCT.
Very cheap.

What was the IPO price?

That said, I've seen many coins/assets drop below their IPO price.

Please, Example any IPOs.

For the minute. Are you realize that FACTOM project can be equally compared with ETH project? Are you realize the huge scale of innovations here? I think that you don't.

To campare Factoids with scamcoin's IPOs is a big failure. I think you are realizing this.

The first big IPO had ETHEREUM past year. FACTOM is the second big blockchain project in IPO history.

Viacoin
Crypty
GetGems

etc.

People are fickle. If they don't start seeing huge price jumps within weeks they start selling. This has nothing to do with the underlying technology or usefulness of the project. Technical superiority doesn't always win in the market place.

I guess no one will know the actual price till an actual exchange picks it up.

I'm extremely surprised none of the well-known exchanges have done so already.  The software works....

I would not say those would be considered blockchain 2.0 projects, like factom.

+1

It's not correct to compare those tiny projects with the top-notch blockchain 2.0 unique Factom project backing by big investors and independent company with top developers team on the board.

Yes I agree. It's horrible to compare low-end projects like GEMZ, AUGUR and FACTOM with the top-notch projects like ETH, AMP and SJCX.

We need an exchange like poloniex and price could go up pretty high before this garbage dumps below ICO price.

You know what's funny Fartbags.  You support pre-mined coins that are merely forks of existing projects with little to no transparency, and yet you come here to FUD this project.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173722.msg12369200#msg12369200

Factom is completely built from scratch... it is not a fork of another project.  You are a joke man.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:54:44 PM

Factom is centralized garbage. I got tricked into buying this from some guy at a conference. Now I understand "early-investors" of projects pay conferences to send their sock puppets to talk at the event and promote their public crowdsale or future investment rounds.

Factom deceived me with the word "federated" which actually means centralized.

Could we get this thing on poloniex yet? They have many other XCP tokens listed. I really want to dump this before everyone else realizes this was a bad idea and dumps.

dcxtx

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:03:43 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 10:31:20 PM by dcxtx

Factom is centralized garbage. I got tricked into buying this from some guy at a conference. Now I understand "early-investors" of projects pay conferences to send their sock puppets to talk at the event and promote their public crowdsale or future investment rounds.

Could we get this thing on poloniex yet? They have many other XCP tokens listed. I really want to dump this before everyone else realizes this was a bad idea and dumps.

If you would like to sell them, I will buy them.

We buy and sell Factoids.
Also BTC, DOGE, DRK/DASH, FTC, LTC, NAV, NMC, NVC, NXT and PPC
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:18:58 PM

My understanding is that Factom is not a counter party token. If it were you could just sell it in counterwallet.
dcxtx

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:41:44 PM

My understanding is that Factom is not a counter party token. If it were you could just sell it in counterwallet.

Factom is not a counterparty implementation.  They built their own from the ground up.

We buy and sell Factoids.
Also BTC, DOGE, DRK/DASH, FTC, LTC, NAV, NMC, NVC, NXT and PPC
BitcoinSanDiego

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:54:52 PM

If you would like to sell them, I will buy them.

Great, now Fartbags can stop his whining because he is too stupid to read and learn before buying something.  Since he also doesn't understand how a federated server model works on top of Bitcoin PoW blockchain and apparently also doesn't know the difference between an altcoin-fork and open-source projects built from scratch, we are better off without him.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:26:35 AM

doesn't understand how a federated server model works on top of Bitcoin PoW blockchain

You seem a bit confused as you like to use "hype" words such as "built on top of bitcoin". What factom does is use bitcoins blockchain to store hashes with high security. Nothing more than that happens with bitcoin.

The idea of storing hashed data on a different blockchain than bitcoin is a good idea. The problem with factom is they are using a centralized mining structure. Centralization loses in the end.

Factom could have used and edited bitcoins c++ PoW code base, any c++ PoS code base or any of Ethereums various PoW code bases. Of course none of those code bases have centralized mining. Probably easier to just make a new code base.

A decentralized platform for storing hashed data will come out before the next few years are up. It will be more secure and cheaper than Factom. There was really no point in building Factom other than to help someone else create a decentralized cryptocoin/blockchain that stores hashes similar to how factom does it.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:44:36 AM

Farbags, cut the bullshit and tell us how much do you sell and lets get over with it.
harvsmith

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:23:39 PM

Farbags, cut the bullshit and tell us how much do you sell and lets get over with it.

Ha ha. He's not selling. He forgot to buy, that's why he's trying to fud the price down. His rhetoric about centralized mining is laughable when he's behind so many premined scam coins. Read up the thread, proof has already been posted. A true troll.
-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:58:57 PM

I can't wait you to dump the tokens. Btw, you can sell them me at the presale price right now. I will buy any amount.

Ha ha. He's not selling. He forgot to buy, that's why he's trying to fud the price down. His rhetoric about centralized mining is laughable when he's behind so many premined scam coins. Read up the thread, proof has already been posted. A true troll.
+1

Fargo

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 03:15:46 PM

I can't wait you to dump the tokens. Btw, you can sell them me at the presale price right now. I will buy any amount.

+1

I doubt we will see factoids ever go for presale price again. It's looking like $0.75-$1.00 per factoid now.

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 03:20:14 PM

+1

I doubt we will see factoids ever go for presale price again. It's looking like $0.75-$1.00 per factoid now.

Where do you get that price info?
harvsmith

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:56:19 PM

+1

I hope so, but that might be a bit optimistic...
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:16:17 AM

Does this coin have an offline wallet creator?

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 07:54:12 AM

Does this coin have an offline wallet creator?

Why do you care ? sell it already..
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:03:27 AM

It would be dumb to sell now. This coin will have a lot of hype one day. I assume the people behind the scenes will be paying all of the well known magazines to write positive articles on factom.

I will trade it for BTC anonymously once it gets on poloniex with 500 or more BTC volume in a day.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: