Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 12:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115843 times)
danosphere
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 02:03:48 AM

If you need help moving FCT I am willing to help out for a small fee (75 FCT), PM me the address you want the coins send to (should start with FA) and your 12 word phrase. Will turn the coins around less the fee ASAP- please enter "FCT" as the subject if possible.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:06:38 AM

If you need help moving FCT I am willing to help out for a small fee (75 FCT), PM me the address you want the coins send to (should start with FA) and your 12 word phrase. Will turn the coins around less the fee ASAP- please enter "FCT" as the subject if possible.

You should mention how much trust is being placed in you by anyone taking you up on that.
dcxtx

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 02:17:21 AM

Our first FCT Factom (factoids) market is now live thanks to Poloniex.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_fct

For more info on how to use your Factoids follow our guides here: http://factom.org/howto.

Pay attention when using the command line, read our guides fully at least once before attempting a transaction.

We are working on an easier to use GUI wallet but it is some time away, if unsure, we recommend holding on until its release.

Help please.  I am getting this error when trying to import my Factom wallet using the 12-word secret key:

"Error attempting to create wallet - invalid character 'S' looking for beginning of value"

I already double checked with Koinify and verified the phrase is correct

*edit* I get this error on Mac and Windows

When I check my balance on Koinify it is correct, but when I try to import this key, I get this error.  I tested with 12 yellows and I got the same Factoid address as in the How-to, but I cannot import my key... WTF  This sucks Sad

I am assuming windows.

first,  back up your wallet. probably c:\users\<your user name>\.factom\factoid_wallet_bolt.db

you are probably at c:\users\<your user name> when you start a command prompt.

back up that file then install the latest binaries. 
run factomd and fct wallet again and see if everything is there.  if not, copy your factoid_wallet_bolt.db back in.

I don't think you need to copy your wallet back in, but a backup never hurts.  I had this issue after a power outage.  it isn't a problem now, but the first version did not like a hard quit.

verify with FACTOM (the user...or company) before following this advice.  I am 99.9% sure it is correct, but verify

If you have done nothing with your current wallet, backing it up doesn't matter.

Any time you create a new address back up your wallet file.  Not needed at every transaction, just every address you create.
then copy the wallet back to that location.

We buy and sell Factoids.
Also BTC, DOGE, DRK/DASH, FTC, LTC, NAV, NMC, NVC, NXT and PPC
danosphere
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 02:45:08 AM

You should mention how much trust is being placed in you by anyone taking you up on that.

You're trusting me not to steal all of your FCT.

Already xferred FCT for a few ppl who've messaged me. I've got some rep on BCT / not new and it would be easy to look me up as I make no attempts to conceal my identity. Using my services is entirely optional- I just know a lot of people missed out on the ETH wave because of the no GUI situation, if you're in that boat then I can help! You can also find me in the Syscoin slack if you want to contact me "real time".

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
BitcoinSanDiego

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:51:52 AM

I did a fresh install on Windows and get the same error on Mac which I just updated to latest binaries.

I am not getting the error "Invalid mnemonic" ... I can generate addresses with other mnemonic keys such as "yellow yellow yellow ..." or even another key that I generated during the koinify sale

Help?
BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:54:26 AM

Already xferred FCT for a few ppl who've messaged me. I've got some rep on BCT / not new and it would be easy to look me up as I make no attempts to conceal my identity. Using my services is entirely optional- I just know a lot of people missed out on the ETH wave because of the no GUI situation, if you're in that boat then I can help! You can also find me in the Syscoin slack if you want to contact me "real time".

Thanks for your offer but I don't think there's anything you can do in this case.
danosphere
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 03:01:31 AM

Thanks for your offer but I don't think there's anything you can do in this case.

yeah sorry i was reading back on your situation... you're wrapping the mnemonic in quotes? Seems very odd that you get no error with the sample mnemonic but u do with a real one. Are you sure you're using the correct case? Its case sensitive..

BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:05:54 AM

yeah sorry i was reading back on your situation... you're wrapping the mnemonic in quotes? Seems very odd that you get no error with the sample mnemonic but u do with a real one. Are you sure you're using the correct case? Its case sensitive..

Yes I am wrapping the mnemonic in quotes.  Like I said, it works with other phrases, just not this one which I verified at the Koinify website and I also verified when entering into two different computers with different OS's and I got the same results twice.  The letters are all lower case like all the mnemonics from Koinify AFAIK
BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:06:29 AM

@BitcoinSanDiego
You can do it your self. If you forgot your 12 words then just go to https://koinify.com/
Step 1.) Log in
Step 2.) Click on your email address
Step 3.) Click on "Recover Master Phrase"
then it would show you your 12 word secret again.

I already did that and I verified the mnemonic is correct
danosphere
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 03:08:09 AM

Yes I am wrapping the mnemonic in quotes.  Like I said, it works with other phrases, just not this one which I verified at the Koinify website and I also verified when entering into two different computers with different OS's and I got the same results twice.  The letters are all lower case like all the mnemonics from Koinify AFAIK

But earlier you posted (bolding mine):

For more info on how to use your Factoids follow our guides here: http://factom.org/howto.

Pay attention when using the command line, read our guides fully at least once before attempting a transaction.

We are working on an easier to use GUI wallet but it is some time away, if unsure, we recommend holding on until its release.

Help please.  I am getting this error when trying to import my Factom wallet using the 12-word secret key:

"Error attempting to create wallet - invalid character 'S' looking for beginning of value"

When I check my balance on Koinify it is correct, but when I try to import this key, I get this error.  I tested with 12 yellows and I got the same Factoid address as in the How-to, but I cannot import my key... WTF  This sucks Sad

Is there not a capital 'S' in the value you are entering for the mnemonic or is this a typo? Should be all lower case...

BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:08:58 AM

Yes I am wrapping the mnemonic in quotes.  Like I said, it works with other phrases, just not this one which I verified at the Koinify website and I also verified when entering into two different computers with different OS's and I got the same results twice.  The letters are all lower case like all the mnemonics from Koinify AFAIK

But earlier you posted (bolding mine):

Help please.  I am getting this error when trying to import my Factom wallet using the 12-word secret key:

When I check my balance on Koinify it is correct, but when I try to import this key, I get this error.  I tested with 12 yellows and I got the same Factoid address as in the How-to, but I cannot import my key... WTF  This sucks Sad

Is there not a capital 'S' in the value you are entering for the mnemonic or is this a typo? Should be all lower case...

Definitely not, and I just verified one more time at Koinify - all lower case.
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:27:22 AM

FCT/BTC #Factom market added at Poloniex.   Wink

This is great news.  Glad to be able to buy on a fair market.

BitcoinSanDiego

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:29:43 AM

Try doing it like this:
factom-cli newaddress fct bitcoinsandiego "12 words from koinify inside the qoutes"

that's exactly what i've done multiple times Sad
dcxtx

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 04:08:08 AM

Try doing it like this:
factom-cli newaddress fct bitcoinsandiego "12 words from koinify inside the qoutes"

that's exactly what i've done multiple times Sad

The S error is a bad wallet.  I had one after the first binary release.  I closed either the factomd or fctwallet be ending it instead of ctrl-c or it was a power outage.  I do not recall what killed it.  The updated release fixed it for me..  It is (was) possible to mess up the wallet.  With the update, I believe the wallet was 'fixed' also.   Are you using your backed up wallet every time or have you tried importing your 12 words to a new wallet?

We buy and sell Factoids.
Also BTC, DOGE, DRK/DASH, FTC, LTC, NAV, NMC, NVC, NXT and PPC
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:41:22 AM

@Factom

Please elaborate on how many factoids are in circulation , how many are planned to be in the end , how will the rest be released ?

As I've seen there was a private sale of unknown amount and unknown funding, a public sale of 4.4m for 2.2Kbtc , another 1.1m$ equity sale.

BrianDeery

Activity: 144

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:46:38 AM

Mishax1
8759786.67876100 is the current number of tokens in the system.

see http://explorer.factom.org and click the latest Directory Block.
http://explorer.factom.org/dblock/dce2eaf3ff5ea47c55df5e09febec07d5c43c4f89bcbea9385b8cd1abb3cf1a9
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 07:07:01 AM

Buy orders are starting to really outweigh sell orders. Today is going to be fun Smiley

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
BrianDeery

Activity: 144

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 07:07:27 AM

BitcoinSanDiego:

Check which version you are on.  We fixed one problem which caused the S error earlier.  These are the latest versions:
Code:
$ factom-cli properties
Protocol Version:   0.1.5
factomd Version:    0.3.2
fctwallet Version:  0.1.2
factom-cli Version: 0.1.2

I made a more forgiving converter for the 12 words. There was at least one case where the token sale generated 12 words with an invalid checksum.  This software also recovers the private key for those.

This is what it gives when you give it 12 words from the token sale
Code:
$ go run wordRecovery.go 
Enter 12 words from Koinify here: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx
Your Factoids were found in the bitcoin blockchain.
you can use the 12 words to import the Factoids into a wallet.
The corresponding public and private keys are:

Factoid Private Key: Fs3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Factoid Address: FA3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Check your balance at http://explorer.factom.org/

if you purchased factoids in one of these btc transactions:
3bc779e33a1ab15f1485e2585ae771473afcd447a5b1b75247a0d689ffcdcd5b
55e14849b421737b804c8f31fad723ad4f80b526d2acc99ebfd67df1cde8ae70
7c00dc03c5a6f54a5d749d71a599453a8aae39cd686cd9c380798cb1fc3930eb
80ad06d9b4f7bb0edd8e535b751871fe01d12dce4d583ff7ecaf04507179e737
829b39201e95e39fb8e47815d3c86428d78d96c7e3d3703992c3074b032c3309
c7acac7e9d4bdb63ae1bbadbd58f9308daf4a2e6826674d0884a1fdaf70e04c8
please contact Factom to recover your Factoids

to run it, first install golang. http://www.wadewegner.com/2014/12/easy-go-programming-setup-for-windows/

run:
Code:
go get github.com/FactomProject/factoid
go get github.com/FactomProject/factoid/wallet
go get github.com/FactomProject/go-bip39
go get github.com/FactomProject/go-bip32
download the wordrecovery sourcecode:
https://github.com/FactomProject/Testing/blob/master/FactomTests/bruteForce/wordRecovery.go
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FactomProject/Testing/master/FactomTests/bruteForce/wordRecovery.go

run the code with "go run wordRecovery.go"

Or download the binaries.  Apologies for the quick and dirty distribution method, but check the hashes of the binaries:
$ sha256sum *
87f82f7fa2c3add67515a155555a3e0fe31dfe7acdeec661c8bdcb4a73778917  wordRecovery.exe
2291d68f3f3fe0ff8c754c6ebdb7a2dd83d127c0842b379429792323318ab5f2  wordRecovery.go
e94e23d5e46bd6f6ad9509d089a7311b5549cb87f6c40b50e2a3faf13c686086  wordRecovery-mac
Mac: http://dropjar.com/#1y5m9x9s
Windows: http://dropjar.com/#1kfubghk
These are standalone (no internet needed), and can be run on an isolated VM if needed.

italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:17:27 AM

hi to all!

i just installed factom 3.2 wallet..
but i don't understand how to redeem coins purchased in ipo.
here are my td-id with which i buyed Fatcoms: f71263c1f77fa7091bd8a52a4c767c9a1640d881ec18c8d39876707e6214f150
how i can import in my wallet...
there is a simple windows how to?
thank you!

http://factom.org/howto

i try to follow all the guide...
i install windows factom from Zip file.
I run  factomd and fctwallet.
open other dos shell..
i exec cli command:
factom-cli newaddress fct factoid1 "yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow"
but i get and
Code:
invalid seed
error...

where is the problem?

thanx!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:30:18 AM

Good lord this is going to end up in a huge chaos if you don't release a GUI wallet asap.

Why the hell did polo add FCT now???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: