Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339412 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

love is first

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:04:45 AM

submitted 21 hours ago by dzimbeckBlackHalo Creator

First, an announcement was made before I had the chance to discuss it. This happens to us a lot it seems. The only thing faster than the speed of light is a rumor.
Second, as stated in replies in the post below, want to mention a few things. I'm working full time on BC this project will accelerate us.
QUOTE(edited): The people from Bay are buying a license. They want to make mesh networks and iOT. Its NOT THE SAME. Completely different project. They are highly connected and are striking a deal to make it a hedging coin.This means we can also have something to hedge against which will instantly spike BC price. (Arbitrage)
As of until now, I was working alone. I highly doubt this will be the case anymore. If this works out there will be a giant dev team working with me and thus, working on Blackcoin related smart contracting tech. If it doesnt work, "Oh well, I just keep coding anyways" There was absolutely no way of losing on this deal (yes I know its a "coin" and I never wanted to start my own coin except maybe a Halocoin in a few years but the deal had little to do with the coin it has to do with the people I'm working with on it with).. also can BC really be valued any lower? Maybe we can benefit a bit from opening up and making some moves.
These guys are heavily connected. There is a good chance this will open every single door needed to blast our dev schedule through the roof. I have had literally ideas pouring out of my head for Blackcoin and in my eyes these guys can help make that happen.
Personally, I dont like ICO. However, as discussed there is much more behind this than a coin. The licensing of the tech is fairly easy because its only a segment of the source code.
*Will it slow down our dev schedule? Not at all, it will speed it up
We will get funding
We will be connected to some major Chinese exchanges and have a good chance at having something to hedge against (you should check NuBits to understand what that is...) this part alone can bring BC to a dollar. We can use hedging techniques to peg BC. As you know I am adding binary derivatives and backing to Halo. So relax and let the production schedule continue. Enjoy the show... realize that I'm not going anywhere and this is my full time job. Sometimes at jobs we get contracts that benefit both parties. Time Warner does deals with Paramount, Disney does deals with Fox.
We are the first coin EVER to have smart contracts. We will be the first to have markets, we will be the first to have multisig exchange. We were the first to go full pos, to hire a marketing firm so many firsts started here. That isnt changing. I hope to increase this.
Also Blackcoin is getting two exchanges (NightTrader & NT multisig) and it will have a permanent multipool hard coded into it. So it will be the BlackHole.
Remember how BC use to be the altcoin killer? We can make that happen again. We have 3 different exchanges on the way and now we have new connections and friends.
in reality, its difficult for me to hold a public reputation and keep my image perfectly clean. We have been in negotiations with many other VCs. I have talked to literally every VC at some point this year. Once they see us making moves, they will make moves. Trust that we put one foot in front of the other here. Blackcoin is a permanent addition to cryptospace nothing will make me sell my coins short of losing them in a fire. And nothing will make me stop working on BC related projects. Hope that clears things up, I wish I was able to communicate it before it got into the internet. But its hard to negotiate privately when everyone is listening.
georgeandy

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:08:00 AM

I will think about it if it is  30 SAT Grin
GoldenBTC

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:31:43 AM

nothing new,merely another clone of SC.

mightgetlucky

Activity: 138

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:42:46 AM

3000btc, LOL.
way to much to see any roi.
loveyouforever

Activity: 269

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 12:39:02 PM

I recall Maidsafe, Supernet which has a huge IPO amount, good luck guys.... Grin
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:25:56 PM

I recall Maidsafe, Supernet which has a huge IPO amount, good luck guys.... Grin

don't forget the pumping team. now they do not need wasting any btc for pumping.

ur donation are mostly appreciated. bye bye.

yeXIABC

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:40:10 PM

- Total Coin Supply: 1 Billion
- Starting Satoshi Price: 300 satoshi
- Ticker: BAY
- ICO Starting Date: 11th Nov GMT 13:00
- ICO Conclusion Date: 15th Nov GMT 13:00
- Total BTC limit cap for investors before expiration: 3000 BTC

If any coins remain unsold at the end of the investment period, they will be burned by Bter Exchange. Thank you!
   BC SUCCESSSFUL? LT HAS KILLED!   Grin
constary

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:41:42 PM

NO ,just 40 sat . lol
gxnfei

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:53:57 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 02:10:47 PM by gxnfei

30sat is a reasonable valuation ,Bitbay is tilecoin imitations
dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:04:08 PM

30c Is a reasonable valuation ,Bitbay is tilecoin imitations

hi newbie. r u serius? this only worth copy and paste. and host.  give him you flappcoin will be enough. thks

tyson187

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:17:58 PM

I don`t think that I will invest in this,

3000BTC for a nice roadmap and there is no guarantee that they will deliver anything .

gxnfei

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:24:21 PM

30c Is a reasonable valuation ,Bitbay is tilecoin imitations

hi newbie. r u serius? this only worth copy and paste. and host.  give him you flappcoin will be enough. thks
sorry.I am too generous.if dev accepts your offer, I mean 1 flap. I would love to buy them up and save them in my hard drive.  Grin Grin Grin
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:26:37 PM

Great idea, very good use case, however the ICO makes this project very questionable.

Why first collecting the money instead of delivering the solution? I would support this great idea without any hesitations if it wouldn't be an ICO and the money collecting element in place.

whetherman

Activity: 150

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 02:33:39 PM

A lot of trolls from Tilecoin in  this thread I see. Very sad. Even the Dev has spoken in the Tile thread making it explicit that he does not see BitBay as a threat.

I am looking forward to the AMA with the dev tomorrow on Reddit. Seems to me to be a very interesting combination here, the Black Halo implementations combined with a decentralized market, and apparently serious backers from both the East and West.

A valuation of 3000 btc max, 1 million dollars. This cost of a small apartment in NYC, or a medium sized pizza business in a large city. Too much for an decentralized online market uniting China and the West, with built in smart contracts etc?  Maybe. Maybe not : -)

UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:35:10 PM

This thread seems to be attracting heat from Tilecoin holders. Don't understand that. I hold Tilecoin, I think it's a very good project. However the focus of BitBay seems to be a much larger ecosystem. So I don't think it is a threat to Tilecoin. In anycase, IOT is going to heat up quickly in the coming year, so there will be alot more IOT  focused projects coming out. No need to get upset about it.

Insofar as the marketcap & ICO, dev, will you be posting some of the dev budget? That would be very interesting to see. My guess is this would indicate both the scope and seriousness of BitBay. In anycase, the ann states that their target is to capture marketshare from some of these dinosaurs like Ebay and Ali Baba. This takes serious capital. I would be more worried about an ICO that was trying to do this with only 800 BTC like some people seem to be suggesting.

One of the problems so far in developing an fucntioning decentralized marketplace has been exactly this - a lack of capital and committed devs. My guess is that this will be how this project will be measured.

actually the story behind this is a scam group hire David Zimbeck to sell the gimmick. trust me no more development after ICO.

I fear this is entirely correct.  I worry David who is a good guy is going to get burned on this along with any investors.

HappyHogan

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:44:29 PM

This thread seems to be attracting heat from Tilecoin holders. Don't understand that. I hold Tilecoin, I think it's a very good project. However the focus of BitBay seems to be a much larger ecosystem. So I don't think it is a threat to Tilecoin. In anycase, IOT is going to heat up quickly in the coming year, so there will be alot more IOT  focused projects coming out. No need to get upset about it.

Insofar as the marketcap & ICO, dev, will you be posting some of the dev budget? That would be very interesting to see. My guess is this would indicate both the scope and seriousness of BitBay. In anycase, the ann states that their target is to capture marketshare from some of these dinosaurs like Ebay and Ali Baba. This takes serious capital. I would be more worried about an ICO that was trying to do this with only 800 BTC like some people seem to be suggesting.

One of the problems so far in developing an fucntioning decentralized marketplace has been exactly this - a lack of capital and committed devs. My guess is that this will be how this project will be measured.

actually the story behind this is a scam group hire David Zimbeck to sell the gimmick. trust me no more development after ICO.

I fear this is entirely correct.  I worry David who is a good guy is going to get burned on this along with any investors.

He's being very careful, all it is is a licensing agreement for halo.
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:38:19 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 09:52:58 PM by BitBay Team

I fear this is entirely correct.  I worry David who is a good guy is going to get burned on this along with any investors.

We're not here to tarnish anyone's reputation. This is a serious project with serious people involved. Smart contracts, Decentralized marketplace, full time coders in Cambodia, Marketing ect ect. There are 42 moving pieces to this puzzle and all are working well together to make this world a better place.

Double deposit smart contracts WILL make this world a better place. Imagine doing business with anyone anywhere and not worrying about getting shafted.

Priceless.
Don Flamenco

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:53:04 PM

We're not here to tarnish anyone's reputation. This is a serious project with serious people involved. Smart contracts, Decentralized marketplace, full time coders in Cambodia, Marketing ect ect. There is 42 moving pieces to this puzzle and all are working well together to make this world a better place.

Double deposit smart contracts WILL make this world a better place. Imagine doing business with anyone anywhere and not worrying about getting shafted.

Priceless.

I totally agree.  Smart contracts are part of the future.  In addition, making this a hedging coin in the future will bring enormous value.
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:02:56 PM

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and news.

https://twitter.com/BitBayMarket

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:04:57 PM

Yeah everyone, you can talk to me on AMA tomorrow and hopefully I can set any concerns to rest. This is a group effort. They have been incredibly supportive of devs and the tech so far. We are dead serious in making this world better. They do share my vision of having smart contracts being used all over the world. So they see Halo and they see smart contracts and they know that very soon, smart contracts will be used on a daily basis. That is certainly my dream. Its been a year since smart contracts were launched. Its about time people take an interest in them. Thats exactly what this team wants.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: