Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN announces Antpool  (Read 382743 times)
kd4yal

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:43:44 PM

If Bitalo gives me a call, I will gladly hand over my server log files and help them any way I can.

Boundy is nice, but I would help anyway because the guy called me fat and hurt my feelings.  Embarrassed

Thanks for visiting.  I have your information in my server log and would gladly hand it over to law enforcement.
There's a 110BTC bounty on the script kiddie(D D 4 B C). If you really think you can find him go ahead and claim it, but even script kiddie's usually know how to use TOR Tongue .
The instructions for Bitalo's bounty say to contact the law enforcement agency directly. More info can be found here.

Since it is apparent he has a decent botnet to even do these attacks, it is unlikely he used a trackable IP.  

Also how do you know which IP address is his and which ones are random forum people that clicked the link?

Good luck in the hunt though, keep us informed. I like a good read.

Because the list is short, and also the link I posted was to a secondary domain on that site.  Narrows it down rather quickly.

Who to say the guy posting under D D 4 B C is really DD4BC and the same person/persons doing the Ddos attacks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:24:29 PM

Who to say the guy posting under D D 4 B C is really DD4BC and the same person/persons doing the Ddos attacks.
I'm 100% certain it is.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:45:00 PM

Thanks for warning.  I wish I would have read it earlier appears I lost some hashspeed as you warned.

You should always have a back-up pool set, in case your primary pool goes down.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:55:39 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 04:09:34 PM by loshia

I do not know how much money BITMAIN is making from home miners as long as it is 0% a free pool Wink
But in all cases if D D 4 B C pays 1 BTC to hire ddos zombies or bandwidth or whatever he is doing for example, BITMAIN need to spent at least 10 BTC (bandwidth, firewall machines and so on) to try to stop it.
Does it worth it?
No of course.
As i see things Antpool will stay semi closed place for the hashnest and big players until D D 4 B C gives up. D D 4 B C tryes to make some money and he will give up when he sees that there is no ROI. How long it will take depends from D D 4 B C and his pocket.
But in order for ddos to succeed one Needs a lot of bandwith comming from all over the world
Simple as that

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 03:58:50 PM

I'm trying out antpool and I don't see or get any stats at all on my workers. My rigs are certainly hashing, but the web site doesn't display anything. I should at least see my current hash rate somewhere. Is there a trick or something to get your stats to display?

I'm using

stratum+tcp://stratum.antpool.com:3333
worker.1

Scarey not to see your stats, so I wonder where the return is going to go?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
MegaFall

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:05:03 PM

I'm trying out antpool and I don't see or get any stats at all on my workers. My rigs are certainly hashing, but the web site doesn't display anything. I should at least see my current hash rate somewhere. Is there a trick or something to get your stats to display?

I'm using

worker.1

There's a 10 to 15 minute delay when you first start. And then after that everything that ends up happening (finding blocks, rewards credited to your account, etc) take between 5 and 10 minutes. For whatever reason they don't have it set-up to be real-time.
gallery2000

Activity: 784

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:25:31 PM

guys, I know who is DD4BC.  I am an alphabet analyzer.  I work for a prestigious IT company's garbage room.  DD4BC is Dig Deep 4 Bit Coin.  This tells me he lives in a cemetery's crypt.  He maybe 6 feet under you so to catch him we have to look for him in the cemetery.

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 04:27:09 PM

I'm using

worker.1

You might want to reconsider your decision to start here at this time.  In case you've not seen the past few pages of this thread, the pool is undergoing a pretty significant DDoS attack and has been very unstable.  Even the pool reps are here in the thread stating that people might want to mine elsewhere for the time being, or at the very least ensure they've got a good backup option:

For now, PLEASE SET a backup pool outside Antpool to avoid any mining loss.

You DO NOT want to see this in your account with your Mining Gears.

*60TH/S could get you this...

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:47:09 PM

Thanks for warning.  I wish I would have read it earlier appears I lost some hashspeed as you warned.

You should always have a back-up pool set, in case your primary pool goes down.

The problem is now it seems if anything the attack has improved.  It did not just make pool dead, but caused a loss of hash for some miners (including me). 

I love this pool so I will be back, once fixed.
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:29:15 PM

Thanks for visiting.  I have your information in my server log and would gladly hand it over to law enforcement.
There's a 110BTC bounty on the script kiddie(D D 4 B C). If you really think you can find him go ahead and claim it, but even script kiddie's usually know how to use TOR Tongue .

Instead of 110 BTC, you might offer him a cookie.

And btw. I'm not a kiddie...it's a long time since I was a kid. I'm just immature. Sad

2)  IP is not from a proxy server.  It is in the US.

Damn, you got it!

You know you really are an asshole. A shit stain on society. It matters not to you that you are costing many people their income, some just scraping to get by. You, and your smug ways, do not have a conscience and that is just sad. You are a pathetic piece of shit.

Know this asshole, if I track you down, you will wish that the cops got to you first because there will only be a badly mutilated corpse left when I am done with you.

Anyone who has anything on this guy please PM it to me. I have the necessary resources to make this punk disappear for good.

Don't feed the trolls.

Public death threats are never a good idea, either.
servidigital

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 02:17:08 AM

How goes the server currently? They did not want me to connect my miners
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 12:29:17 PM

Bitmain is incapable of mitigating the attack and yet they refuse to pay me. And since I won't give up, this lasts so long.

If they paid me 10 BTC when I asked, their customers/miners wouldn't be affected at all, but instead they chose to send 10 BTC to convicted criminal Roger Ver, like that sissyboy from Bitalo before them...

While this is all happening others had to invest all of a couple hours of time to mitigate what is really a simple attempt at extortion, others have been attacked ( I worked with some to help) but have mitigated without too much trouble.. It's amazing that Bitmain doesn't have the talent, and cannot apparently access the talent to handle things..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:05:45 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 02:11:18 PM by loshia

Bitmain is incapable of mitigating the attack and yet they refuse to pay me. And since I won't give up, this lasts so long.

If they paid me 10 BTC when I asked, their customers/miners wouldn't be affected at all, but instead they chose to send 10 BTC to convicted criminal Roger Ver, like that sissyboy from Bitalo before them...
Hey Bad Boy,
I am wandering how much do you pay to hire the bandwidth and zombie hosts?

Frankly speaking Bitmain will not give you a single BTC because he just does not care about folks  here if they will use his pool or not. It is just a little extra profit for him which is not 10 BTC for sure. Paying you means direct loss for him! Besides once blackmailed there is no guarantee that you would not come back for more.

And you gonna loose all of your money invested from no on. Trust me on that Grin Chinese are famous with collecting money not giving them away Wink

The question still remains why folks here are so desperate to mine at bitmain pool?
The decentralization propaganda is dead already! Does the  marketing trick 0% fee pool stil works for you folks? My first lesson in the high school was: THERE IS NO SUCH THING LIKE A FREE LUNCH! As far as i am aware BITMAIN is not synonym for charity. Or you just want steady and regular payouts? or What? Or you do believe that
your ants are hashing faster here which maximizes your profits? Or you like the fancy web backend?
Come on, wake up and think! That is the only thing i can say. Use your heads.
There are a plenty of other alternatives even operated by Chinese for the mandarin fans.

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:52:42 PM

+1 loshia!

This pool lied to the community, so I got no problem with it being attacked. As you say, they're not really losing anything as they are still mining on their own interior network anyway. In fact, I think all the scam pools should be taken down, it would be doing the community a favour. How about it DD4BC? Do us all a real favour & attack the scam pools:  BAN, Ghash & Eclipse would be nice, plus you got more chance of being paid anyway  Cheesy

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
bitsolutions

Activity: 261
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:36:45 PM

This probably means D D 4 B C is running low on funds to rent the botnet, script kiddie DDOSers rely on people paying their ransoms to keep attacks up(since they don't directly control the botnets they only rent them) they eventually give up when it clears out their wallets Tongue .

Mining Software Developer.
Mikestang
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 11:33:53 PM

The question still remains why folks here are so desperate to mine at bitmain pool?
The decentralization propaganda is dead already! Does the  marketing trick 0% fee pool stil works for you folks? My first lesson in the high school was: THERE IS NO SUCH THING LIKE A FREE LUNCH! As far as i am aware BITMAIN is not synonym for charity. Or you just want steady and regular payouts? or What? Or you do believe that
your ants are hashing faster here which maximizes your profits? Or you like the fancy web backend?
Come on, wake up and think! That is the only thing i can say. Use your heads.
There are a plenty of other alternatives even operated by Chinese for the mandarin fans.

I've wondered the same thing myself, why add your hard earned hash to Bitmain's collective hashing monarchy?  This pool is for their machines, they just happen to let other people into it.  Point your hash somewhere else.
TTravis

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 01:49:56 AM

I do not know how much money BITMAIN is making from home miners as long as it is 0% a free pool Wink
But in all cases if D D 4 B C pays 1 BTC to hire ddos zombies or bandwidth or whatever he is doing for example, BITMAIN need to spent at least 10 BTC (bandwidth, firewall machines and so on) to try to stop it.
Does it worth it?
No of course.
As i see things Antpool will stay semi closed place for the hashnest and big players until D D 4 B C gives up. D D 4 B C tryes to make some money and he will give up when he sees that there is no ROI. How long it will take depends from D D 4 B C and his pocket.
But in order for ddos to succeed one Needs a lot of bandwith comming from all over the world
Simple as that

D D 4 B C will be caught eventually.  Bitmain will emerge with a more secure network that can withstand DDoS attacks better.  I am sure they are spending far more than what D D 4 B C is asking and many of us will benefit from using their equipment and mining pool.  Hang in there Bitmain.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:51:22 AM

TTravis,
Please act as IT Security consultant, not like my literature high school teacher.
Just to remind you that so called more secure network whatever it means do cost a huge amount of money
We all will see what is about to happen.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 05:54:36 AM

TTravis,
Please act as IT Security consultant, not like my literature high school teacher.
I can't see that happening Tongue
He seems to have tried to jump on the ddos bandwagon and advertise himself with it.
But some of his comments suggest he's not all that knowledgeable on the subject Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:07:38 AM

TTravis,
I can't see that happening Tongue
He seems to have tried to jump on the ddos bandwagon and advertise himself with it.
But some of his comments suggest he's not all that knowledgeable on the subject Tongue
Well all that server protection is behind tons of firewalls and DMZ's, but you also need to have the money to buy the sophisticated hardware and power that said hardware.
Then port blocking, and watching the incoming and outgoing traffic. It gets deep and complicated, and takes time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: