Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:02:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376927 times)
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:11:29 PM

PayBase will offer a Repurchase Agreement to the general public for 30 days, which will establish a contractual arrangement between PayBase™ and any Paycoin™ holder (Seller), whereby the Seller agrees to sell Paycoin™ to PayBase™ at $20.00 USD per Paycoin™.

"repurchase agreement" seems to be a real financial tool or instrument or transaction, whatever you want to call it. Not just smart wording on Homero's part. Someone in this field care to decipher it?

http://www.eagletraders.com/advice/securities/repurchase_agreements.php

Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:16:31 PM

The only detail I want is to know what revenue stream will be funding the monthly payments. This could actually be worth putting money into if I thought GAW would be at all solvent once they start this program. I just don't know where they are going to get the money to fund these obligations.

I will take a wild guess and say that the payouts will be funded by dumping the endless supply of free XPY that GAW/Josh have. The $100k/month payments will continue as long as he can squeeze ~$125k+/month out of these fools.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:27:49 PM

PayBase will offer a Repurchase Agreement to the general public for 30 days, which will establish a contractual arrangement between PayBase™ and any Paycoin™ holder (Seller), whereby the Seller agrees to sell Paycoin™ to PayBase™ at $20.00 USD per Paycoin™.

"repurchase agreement" seems to be a real financial tool or instrument or transaction, whatever you want to call it. Not just smart wording on Homero's part. Someone in this field care to decipher it?

A "repurchase agreement" does not have a definite legal meaning in the U.S.  It could mean just about anything, will need to see what GAW's (Paybase??) lawyers put into the actual agreement that they offer on feb 1.

However, what remains troubling is the wording: ""whereby the Sellers agrees to sell Paycoin to Paybase".  That sounds like a unilateral OPTION contract where the "seller" (read: dupe, syn. idiot with a pen) gives to Paybase an OPTION (e.g., a call option) to repurchase the Paycoin at a strike price of $20.  So far, I have not seen anything that would suggest the opposite side of that OPTION; e.g., nothing saying that Paybase MUST repurchase each Paycoin at $20 per coin (e.g. a "put" option).  Without the "put" side of the contract, the whole thing is silly if not misleading.

Don't believe me?  Okay, here you go: enter into a contract with me.  I will offer as many "repurchase agreement" contracts for as many XPY as you want, that contractually obligate you, the Seller, to sell each Paycoin to me, the Buyer, at $20 per coin upon demand, excercisable in monthly installments of not less than $100,000.  The contracts will last for a minimum initial term of 5 years.  You will put your coins into escrow during that term with a third party escrow.  Have 16 million XPY?  Sure, I will take a contract for all 16 million XPY right now!!!

See the problem?  I can just hold these contracts forever, and if/when the price goes above $20 I will execute the buy (in small increments to avoid flooding the market when I resell for a profit).  If it doesn't rise, I never have to execute.  Its a guaranteed profit (or at worst, no loss) to me, and a guaranteed loss to the "Seller" (or at best nothing).

Now, maybe Josh's repurchase program will not be as it was described in the above referenced post, but I highly suspect that the words he chose were carefully chosen by his lawyers.

We will see.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 04:35:29 PM

So from your pic it looks like it was an autoban? Perhaps for having too many posts deleted? Does that make it easier to get unbanned?

I have no idea, but I would suggest you sort it out with the mods first before aggravating the situation by posting outside of Meta.
ZiG

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:36:03 PM

A "repurchase agreement" does not have a definite legal meaning in the U.S.  It could mean just about anything, will need to see what GAW's (Paybase??) lawyers put into the actual agreement that they offer on feb 1.

However, what remains troubling is the wording: ""whereby the Sellers agrees to sell Paycoin to Paybase".  That sounds like a unilateral OPTION contract where the "seller" (read: dupe, syn. idiot with a pen) gives to Paybase an OPTION (e.g., a call option) to repurchase the Paycoin at a strike price of $20.  So far, I have not seen anything that would suggest the opposite side of that OPTION; e.g., nothing saying that Paybase MUST repurchase each Paycoin at $20 per coin (e.g. a "put" option).  Without the "put" side of the contract, the whole thing is silly if not misleading.

Don't believe me?  Okay, here you go: enter into a contract with me.  I will offer as many "repurchase agreement" contracts for as many XPY as you want, that contractually obligate you, the Seller, to sell each Paycoin to me, the Buyer, at $20 per coin upon demand, excercisable in monthly installments of not less than $100,000.  The contracts will last for a minimum initial term of 5 years.  You will put your coins into escrow during that term with a third party escrow.  Have 16 million XPY?  Sure, I will take a contract for all 16 million XPY right now!!!

See the problem?  I can just hold these contracts forever, and if/when the price goes above $20 I will execute the buy (in small increments to avoid flooding the market when I resell for a profit).  If it doesn't rise, I never have to execute.  Its a guaranteed profit (or at worst, no loss) to me, and a guaranteed loss to the "Seller" (or at best nothing).

Now, maybe Josh's repurchase program will not be as it was described in the above referenced post, but I highly suspect that the words he chose were carefully chosen by his lawyers.

We will see.

+1

Agree...absolutely correct ... Wink

Homero has no obligation(s) ...that is the "trick" ... Grin

ZiG
maildir
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:37:25 PM

That is interesting,there is definitely going to be some crafty number juggling; no way in hell is Homero simply going to give up 20 dollars to anyone ever. It will be so convoluted that 30 days to think about it might not even be enough for everyone.

This also sticks out, maybe it is tied in?

$20 USD Payment in Bitcoin at the USD Rate of Exchange

What else can that mean? It should be a given that is USD20 worth of bitcoin, but as you describe above is perhaps the "when" missing?

Also what stands out is

Signup and enroll

You signup for something, you enroll in something.

30-day Signup: Coin-Holders will have 30 days to enroll in

These are two different things.

seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:38:06 PM

How long is Josh going to be able to keep stalling this? He keeps finding new ways to delay ever since Vaultbreakers. It is almost amazing really.
cadexn

Activity: 350

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:38:11 PM

1. Offer $20 Buy back program
3. Generate Hype
4. Generate Hype
5. Generate Hype
6. Generate Hype
7. 5 Days to go! HYPE!
8. 4 Days to go! HYPE HYPE!
9. 3 Days to go! HYPE
10. Just 2 Days to go! HYPE
11. ONE MORE DAY! HYPE HYPE HYPE
12. Hope people will buy lots of XPY, bumping up the price.
13. oops. didn't work. sorry.

Watch this happen.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:44:05 PM

My user link still shows all my non deleted posts.

So from your pic it looks like it was an autoban? Perhaps for having too many posts deleted? Does that make it easier to get unbanned?
[/quote]

ikeboy/vObh0n]6W you are still just here just quoting walls of txt and derailing the thread ... please just stop.

in other news, apparently people still believe in the magical 20 dollar floor/ceiling/buyback thing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
dave01

Activity: 258

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:57:51 PM

1. Offer $20 Buy back program
3. Generate Hype
4. Generate Hype
5. Generate Hype
6. Generate Hype
7. 5 Days to go! HYPE!
8. 4 Days to go! HYPE HYPE!
9. 3 Days to go! HYPE
10. Just 2 Days to go! HYPE
11. ONE MORE DAY! HYPE HYPE HYPE
12. Hope people will buy lots of XPY, bumping up the price.
13. oops. didn't work. sorry.

Watch this happen.
Watch This Happen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK3CsRmXbu0
dave01

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:06:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVD_Sjk7OYY
maildir
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:10:44 PM

wow  Cheesy

Checking Homer's trade marks, he's got a new trade mark lawyer

Attorney of Record Anthony M. Keats who registered paybase for him on behalf of paycoin LLC

Anthony M. Keats works for http://stubbsalderton.com who's client is none other than.......

http://stubbsalderton.com/2014/08/congratulations-sam-client-beats-music-beats-electronics-sale-apple-inc/

who's logo Homero filched.

Come on!
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:17:03 PM

wow  Cheesy

Attorney of Record Anthony M. Keats who registered paybase for him on behalf of paycoin LLC

Anthony M. Keats works for http://stubbsalderton.com who's client is none other than.......

http://stubbsalderton.com/2014/08/congratulations-sam-client-beats-music-beats-electronics-sale-apple-inc/

Come on!

What a complete farce.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Paul Revere

Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:19:07 PM

wow  Cheesy

Come on!

What a complete farce.

Weird. Because normal isn't working™.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:29:15 PM

wow  Cheesy

Come on!
That is likely just the attorney the US Patent and Trademark office utilized [at random from within their pool] to review the application and provide a go/no-go recommendation. It is our bureaucracy at its finest. The attorney may not even be doing their due diligence before signing off on things so they can bill a US Gov. agency $$$ for their time. The question now becomes who is policing these contracted attorneys?

In my opinion, ALL patent and trademark review should be done IN-HOUSE by the USPTO (like it use to be) and not subbed out.

Scott-
msarro

Activity: 788
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:30:59 PM

wow  Cheesy

Come on!
That is likely just the attorney the US Patent and Trademark office utilized [at random from within their pool] to review the application and provide a go/no-go recommendation. It is our bureaucracy at its finest. The attorney may not even be doing their due diligence before signing off on things so they can bill a US Gov. agency $$$ for their time. The question now becomes who is policing these contracted attorneys?

In my opinion, ALL patent and trademark review should be done IN-HOUSE by the USPTO (like it use to be) and not subbed out.

Scott-

ERMEHGRD BIG GUBMINT!

███████████████████████████
██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██
..Duelbits..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██ ▄▄▄▄ ███████████ ▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███████ ▄▄▄▄ █ ██
██ ▀ █ ▄▄▄▄ ███ ▄▄▄▄ █ ▀ ██
████ ▀ █  █ ███ █  █ ▀ ████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ███ ▀▀▀▀ ██████
██▄ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▄██
██▄██████▌▐▀▄▀▄▀▌▐██████▄██
██▀▀▀████ █▄▀▄▀▄█ ████▀▀▀██
█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄█████
███████▌▐█████████▌▐███████
██▄▄▄▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄▄██
█████████████████▀██ ██▀███
██████████████████▄███▄████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ █ ██ █ ██
██ █▀▄▄▀█ ▐▀▄▄▄▀▌ ██▄▄██ ██
██ █▄▀▀▄█ ▐▄▀▀▀▄▌ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██ ██████ ▐█████▌ ██████ ██
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██
██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█ ███████████
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ █▀▄▀███████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ██▄████████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▀▄▀████ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ███ ███ ███ ██
██ █▀▄▀▄▀▄ █ ████▄▀▄████ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ████████▀██ ██
██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ ███████▄▀▄█ ██
██▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
█████▀▄▄███████████▄▄▀█████
████ █████████████████ ████
███ ███████████████████ ███
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ █████████████████████ ██
██ ████████████   ██████ ██
███ ███████████   █████ ███
████ █████████████████ ████
█████▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄█████
████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
██ ▄▄▄▀▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▄▀███████▀▄█████ ██
███▄▀█████▄▀███▀▄█████▀▄███
█████▄▀█████▄▀██████▀▄█████
███████▄▀█████▄▀██▀▄███████
█████████▄▀█████▄▀█████████
███▀▄▄▀▀▄██▄▀█████▄▀▀▄▀████
████ ██▄▀████▄▀███▀▄██ ████
████▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀▄███▄▀████
██▀▄██▀▄▀▀█ ███ █▀▀▄▀██▄▀██
███▄▀▄████▄█████▄████▄▀▄███
LIVE SHOWS
SLOTS
BLACKJACK
  ROULETTE
  DUELS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CASHBACK
██&██
RAKEBACK
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
...Register Now...
dave01

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:32:21 PM

Coffee's  On
NuShrike

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:35:25 PM

[snip]
have contributed a 14GB archive of hashtalk
[snip]
Credit where credit is due.

and, back to your regular wall-of-text quotes.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:53:39 PM

Coffee's  On

You remind of of a crazy guy hanging out on the sidewalk, lost in a world of his own, mumbling incoherently at nobody in particular.

Some people bounce back when bad things happen. Some just break.
Blame Homero. Look what he's done to this poor soul.
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 05:53:49 PM

Gaw has already lost a huge percentage of their customers thanks to us.. I'm just waiting patiently for the whole thing to crumble.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Pages: « 1 ... 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 [924] 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: