Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:47:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlappyCoin - PoS Released - 6/29 - Need Counterparty Fork - 4btc  (Read 41351 times)
FlappyFlapping

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 03:16:05 AM

FLAP FLAP FLAP.

The flappycoin economy was destroyed by Aari Lotfipour.  You can find him on Twitter @aari13.  He also has a company called Jalapeno Inventive which is on Twitter @jalapen.io.

While I may not have the power to bring flappycoin back from the dead currently, I am considering a little spin-off that could reward loyal flappycoin users.  Stay tuned.  Tongue

Flappycoin died because the coin was upgraded to PoS and the dev hired, Griffith, fucked the wallets up and never fixed them. Don't put blame on those who hired them, he was trying to get FLAP moving forward.

Flappyoin was working before Aari jumped on board with his leadership and decision making.  He had the option to work with the community and try to repair things after he hired the wrong dev.  Instead, he left the coin dead and moved onto another unrelated business project.

Twitter @FlappyFlapping
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 03:49:54 AM

FLAP FLAP FLAP.

The flappycoin economy was destroyed by Aari Lotfipour.  You can find him on Twitter @aari13.  He also has a company called Jalapeno Inventive which is on Twitter @jalapen.io.

While I may not have the power to bring flappycoin back from the dead currently, I am considering a little spin-off that could reward loyal flappycoin users.  Stay tuned.  Tongue

Flappycoin died because the coin was upgraded to PoS and the dev hired, Griffith, fucked the wallets up and never fixed them. Don't put blame on those who hired them, he was trying to get FLAP moving forward.

Flappyoin was working before Aari jumped on board with his leadership and decision making.  He had the option to work with the community and try to repair things after he hired the wrong dev.  Instead, he left the coin dead and moved onto another unrelated business project.

This wasn't a decision he made by himself, this was done as a result of what the community wanted. You can point and blame whoever you want, just make it a point to do it at the person responsible.
FlappyFlapping

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:55:58 PM

This wasn't a decision he made by himself, this was done as a result of what the community wanted. You can point and blame whoever you want, just make it a point to do it at the person responsible.

Aari came into flappycoin with more resources then most community members.  The community agreed to a coin upgrade which suited his specs for an app which he was developing for his gaming company.  Things didn't go as planned.  There was little communication with community members and contributors which could of allowed for a community takeover once he decided to leave flappycoin behind.  We had a working Trello group which stopped seeing any updates.  Aari left a whole economy and it's users without any options for a path that he felt was more beneficial to him personally.  Certainly not a fair or noble thing to do.
If he did not want fix the mistakes he'd brought to the coin that is fine.  However, wouldn't it be reasonable to cooperate with those affected, pickup the pieces, and attempt to restructure FLAP to a working state?
Being a leader requires great responsibility.  I guess we should all be more careful about who we trust.

On a side note, your attempts to takeover Hyper from a disappearing dev have been honorable.  Your gaming projects have developed into meaningful community hubs.  I'm a fan.  Smiley

Twitter @FlappyFlapping
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 09:14:06 PM

Aari came into flappycoin with more resources then most community members.  The community agreed to a coin upgrade which suited his specs for an app which he was developing for his gaming company.  Things didn't go as planned.  There was little communication with community members and contributors which could of allowed for a community takeover once he decided to leave flappycoin behind.  We had a working Trello group which stopped seeing any updates.  Aari left a whole economy and it's users without any options for a path that he felt was more beneficial to him personally.  Certainly not a fair or noble thing to do.
If he did not want fix the mistakes he'd brought to the coin that is fine.  However, wouldn't it be reasonable to cooperate with those affected, pickup the pieces, and attempt to restructure FLAP to a working state?
Being a leader requires great responsibility.  I guess we should all be more careful about who we trust.

On a side note, your attempts to takeover Hyper from a disappearing dev have been honorable.  Your gaming projects have developed into meaningful community hubs.  I'm a fan.  Smiley

FLAP and MOON were some of my first coins that I got interested in mainly because their wallets and markets were stable. Not all is lost though, FLAP can be restarted pretty easily by getting everyone to adopt the original version before the PoS upgrade that broke it.

The old wallet just needs nodes and it will be up and running again. From there it would need services and uses, etc etc.

I don't know why Aari gave up but it could have been because all of the money he spent getting FLAP going again was wasted when the dev he hired for 4 BTC, could have been 2 but I'm pretty lazy and don't want to leaf through pages looking, failed to fix bugs with his work that he was already paid for. I can understand how that would feel as that is a lot of money to just lose and I probably would have given up as well from depression. I do fault him for choosing a dev that is notorious for creating failed coins.

Flappycoin was one of my favorite coins, I still have a Crypto Bird game on my database site that was made when FLAP first came out. I've never owned a lot of FLAP or anything but always enough to give out to folks that would take it.

For HYPER, thanks for the comments. I'm just helping get it going back on track, no interest in taking it over myself. It takes a lot of commitment, money, and  time to run a coin and make it successful, unfortunately I lack in all 3 of those departments. What I can do is offer advice and suggestions though.

What I've suggested for the path of HYPER would work here as well if FLAP was ever to be restarted. Forming an official board of members to manage the coin and perform specific tasks would do wonders.
menlatin (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 03:54:16 PM

Oh haaaii guys!!!

I'm glad to see everyone so cheerful about the FLAP situation! I know I sure was cheerful after i lost the $15,000 I dumped into FLAP, along with my friend who also put $5,000 into supporting the currency. Did we do everything right? Oh fuck no. I was an idiot who thought he could go from nuclear medicine to some kind of crypto software CEO. We did a lot of things wrong. But I put my money where my mouth was and I quit my $100k job in March 2015 to take the game and FLAP to the moon.

A lot of what @FlappyFlapping says is true. I gave up because things went to shit, I lost my money, I didn't have a job anymore, left my home in San Antonio headed for San Francisco, Jalapeno and the Flappy based game were rejected from the accelerator that i was betting on, the code base was fucked, Cryptsy, THE ONLY ACTIVE FLAP exchange at the time, was hacked and shut down, and I was left with $6k in my pocket to figure out what in the mother fucking fuck i was going to do to survive and rebuild my life.

I risked EVERYTHING to take FLAP to the moon, and there were only a handful of community members (ChasingCoin and CryptoDatabase mostly) that were actually doing a damn thing. Sorry FlappyFlapping, but a few twitter and forum posts don't actually make the coin work.

I've moved on to Jalapeno Inventive, which mind you does have a crypto strategy in the future, and found a new home in Colorado where i've learned so much and grown as a person and a CEO.

So, that's the quick and dirty. If you want to talk more about it, FlappyFlapping has so graciously shared with you my name and contact information so you can reach me there.

-Aari

FlappyFlapping

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:47:33 PM

You seem to have forgotten about the things I was working on to help benefit your ultimate vision.  Doesn't surprise me really.  You also forgot that everyone else took losses and you did not allow anyone enough insider info to pick up the pieces.  But this is all about YOU right?  Poor menlatin.  He risked it all and left for his new startup after everything was destroyed.  It's really kind of amazing your back to shill your new project.   Roll Eyes

Twitter @FlappyFlapping
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 06:06:20 PM

@FlappyFlapping, I'm not going to get into the weeds with you about the past. I admitted I did things wrong. You want the coin to come back, bring it back. You have my support. I can't lead it but tell me what you need from me.

Like CryotoDatabase said, there's nothing from stopping anyone from picking the coin back up from v3.2.

You want a leader? Be the leader. If everyone spent as much time actually getting shit done as they do bitching, blaming, and demanding something might get done.

Step the fuck up. Nothing is stopping you.

-Aari

FlappyFlapping

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:37:34 PM

You want a leader? Be the leader.

Step the fuck up. Nothing is stopping you.

Perhaps the language you choose to direct at me helps you offload some guilt.  Had I known what this would have been turned into I would of stepped up long ago.  Now, I'm not sure this is worth salvaging for multiple reasons.  You don't know much about me so stop making assumptions.

I'm sure your future projects will be a huge success judging from how this was handled.   Wink

Twitter @FlappyFlapping
menlatin (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 06:50:31 PM

Why thank you sir!

And actually, I take that back. You get no support from me. Guilt is not a part of my life and you deserve nothing from me.
If anyone else wants to step up, you have my support.

Bye Felicia!

Flapmin

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:41:26 AM

What happened with the FlappyCoin.
I have here a Wallet with 400 Millions FlappyCoin on Wallet Version QT 5.3.2 and FlappyCoin v4.0.0.1.

What can i do with them? Are they now worthless?
Want somebody to buy it from me?

Kind regards,
devish

Please Email Me at Flapmin@Gmail.com

Anyone else who has FLAP for that matter
ugabuga

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:42:46 PM

So??? For when the relaunch of Flaps ?? They want to fly ... LOL

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
FlappyFlapping

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:15:05 PM

NEW bitcointalk thread?

FLAP FLAP FLAP.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1904863.0

Twitter @FlappyFlapping
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  

Jump to: