Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace  (Read 125865 times)
Albert Hamilton

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:09:22 PM

If you are not satisfied with www.LocalBitcoins.com, you might like to check www.100bit.co.in. Though, for now, u need an invite to join this...

Well that is pointless for Mr joe public who does not know anyone in the circle to invite him in..... sounds great for all the black market dealers who want to cash out though

Sorry. I did not understand your statement. The site posted before that it is still under beta testing and hence only people with invitation are allowed. Before they fix all problems, they wont allow open sign up. I dont get, what black market has to do with this !!!

I told u to check as you said LocalBitcoins.com fees are higher. As per 100bit.co.in home page statement, it will take 0.01 BTC to join the platform and then 0.001 BTC for each trade, irrespective of the trade amount.

p.s. I dont understand who is deleting my post and why it is getting deleted ?

you are advertising a competing service.....

I was mainly joking, for the average person that site is not an option and for black market sellers it would be easy to share invitations between each other, bad humor.

U were talking about MyCellium. How can that be allowed then ?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arnab

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:21:26 PM

this is the first exchange from where i got my real money for bitcoin.i just love this site
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:00:27 PM

I downloaded the app but never got around to setting it up, just seem to use my browser when using LBTC on the move.

Really it is not LBTC's fault customers try and do charge backs, it should be easy enough to prove to the bank you upheld your part of the bargain.

In this case i did not notice the user was using Tor, i normally deny people using Tor or a proxy and it would be nice if LBTC gave the option to automatically deny transactions like such, just like i can choose to have ID verification a requirement.
When you open the app for the first time it will use a browser to get your authentification to use your LBTC account. So if you aren't logged in on your phone, you will have to do that. Afterwards it's a dedicated app which doesn't use your browser. Just give it a try. Wink

And yes, it is easy, because they have to use an invoice number when sending the money to you. That invoice number can be linked to the transaction you have done on LBTC thus making transaction reversals useless (most of the time).

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:38:18 PM

.. if you ask me, i prefer mycelium.
DITO

Me too... No stupid bank wire offerings. Market still very small in my area, though

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:32:15 PM

I downloaded the app but never got around to setting it up, just seem to use my browser when using LBTC on the move.

Really it is not LBTC's fault customers try and do charge backs, it should be easy enough to prove to the bank you upheld your part of the bargain.

In this case i did not notice the user was using Tor, i normally deny people using Tor or a proxy and it would be nice if LBTC gave the option to automatically deny transactions like such, just like i can choose to have ID verification a requirement.
When you open the app for the first time it will use a browser to get your authentification to use your LBTC account. So if you aren't logged in on your phone, you will have to do that. Afterwards it's a dedicated app which doesn't use your browser. Just give it a try. Wink

And yes, it is easy, because they have to use an invoice number when sending the money to you. That invoice number can be linked to the transaction you have done on LBTC thus making transaction reversals useless (most of the time).

How much do you trust the app though?  It's not technically LBC app right, a third party made it?
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 03:33:19 PM

How much do you trust the app though?  It's not technically LBC app right, a third party made it?
They are a third party app that uses the LBTC API and I have been using the app for a year now, without any problems. But yes, you will have to trust the third party to not fuck you.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 06:43:44 PM

I just emptied my LocalBitcoins wallet after using them for a while, because LocalBitcoins is not doing enough to protect their users.

giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 01:13:38 PM

I just emptied my LocalBitcoins wallet after using them for a while, because LocalBitcoins is not doing enough to protect their users.

Could you elaborate what your main concern is? Did they state to not have a cold wallet or something? As long as they have 95% in cold wallets, I assume they will bail out anybody who looses money due to their fault.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
chmod755
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 03:34:56 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 03:47:18 PM by chmod755

Could you elaborate what your main concern is? Did they state to not have a cold wallet or something? As long as they have 95% in cold wallets, I assume they will bail out anybody who looses money due to their fault.

1.They are not taking action against dishonest people - they could drastically reduce the number by banning all Tor/VPN/Proxy users and requiring ID from all users.
2.They are not working to improve their credit rating ->  dealing with them may have a negative impact on your own credit rating.
3.I don't know about their cold wallet/hot wallet policy, but they still don't use multisig...

bomberb17

Activity: 771
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:46:14 PM

1.They are not taking action against dishonest people - they could drastically reduce the number by banning all Tor/VPN/Proxy users and requiring ID from all users.
2.They are not working to improve their credit rating ->  dealing with them may have a negative impact on your own credit rating.
3.I don't know about their cold wallet/hot wallet policy, but they still don't use multisig...

Regarding (1), you can always reject trading with Tor/Proxy users and/or require ID verification..
chmod755
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 01:07:24 AM

Regarding (1), you can always reject trading with Tor/Proxy users and/or require ID verification..

Yes, you can do that and all active traders are doing that, but newbies might have a very a bad experience due to that.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:21:11 AM

Are you referring to their escrow? or how they handle the situations with escrow?

if you had a bad taste with them, can you explain your story. I`m aware some people have been doing cash deposit reversals on the same day when they get their bitcoin but they cant really do much about anything really.

which payment option did you go with?
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 12:38:55 AM

So no issue here. Thanks for clarifying.

I support the use of TOR and anonymity and would leave LB if it would follow your advice. I prefer you leave.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
chmod755
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 07:26:51 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 07:43:50 PM by chmod755

WARNING: I just received a phishing email (from news@coinbase.com) on the email address I used to sign up to LocalBitcoins.

I have only ever used this particular email address to sign up to LocalBitcoins - this means that the database of LocalBitcoins has been compromised.

I don't know if email addresses have been leaked in a previous hack or if it happened recently, but I didn't receive any emails other than LocalBitcoins notifications there until today.

Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:02:15 AM

Be careful with buying paypal mycash codes on here.  Paypal is shutting down people's accounts.

LazerSMS

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 05:34:58 PM

WARNING: I just received a phishing email (from news@coinbase.com) on the email address I used to sign up to LocalBitcoins.

I have only ever used this particular email address to sign up to LocalBitcoins - this means that the database of LocalBitcoins has been compromised.

I don't know if email addresses have been leaked in a previous hack or if it happened recently, but I didn't receive any emails other than LocalBitcoins notifications there until today.

it happened to me but I'm not registered to localbitcoins... so you can do the math

Send and Receive SMS Anonymously with Bitcoin | LazerSMS.com
TommyDespina

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:52:09 PM

Anyone selling there LBC account check this > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1075519.0
Rotten Egg

Activity: 172
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:14:21 PM

it happened to me but I'm not registered to localbitcoins... so you can do the math

Be careful if you have used the same email address on BitcoinTalk as well as LocalBitcoins. As the DB is now supposedly in the public domain (Ref: http://satoshibox.com/5568fdd512fb6d98558b462d) hackers may use it in the wrong way.

Cleaning BitcoinTalk community since 2014.
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:22:52 PM

@Localbitcoins any reason why you are charging us random fees on the withdrawals on the website ? I have been charged much more than the normal transaction fees couple of times in the last couple of days.
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:43:03 PM

@Localbitcoins any reason why you are charging us random fees on the withdrawals on the website ? I have been charged much more than the normal transaction fees couple of times in the last couple of days.
What do you mean by random fees ? Their site says

Transfer fee is usually 0.0001-0.0004 BTC per outgoing transfer, but sometimes it can be a more or less because of the non-deterministic nature of generated bitcoin transactions.
 So it can be anything in that range same as the one which can be seen in the blockchain transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: