Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:52:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace  (Read 125865 times)
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 03:28:17 PM

I am not sure if he is involved in any accusations with you or anyone else. I was just commenting on his account being locked at lbtc.

You can find the thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1719553.msg17218141#msg17218141

he tried to remove his own posts but you can still the remnants in the replies from others
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 04:19:34 PM

I am not sure if he is involved in any accusations with you or anyone else. I was just commenting on his account being locked at lbtc.

You can find the thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1719553.msg17218141#msg17218141

he tried to remove his own posts but you can still the remnants in the replies from others

Thanks for the link. Since that thread is locked, am just posting here. Clearly seems he either didn't know about the email thing or was just involved in some kind of fraud. Either way , I am just curious that despite that why would lbtc block his bitcoins in this case ?
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 04:28:59 PM

Thanks for the link. Since that thread is locked, am just posting here. Clearly seems he either didn't know about the email thing or was just involved in some kind of fraud. Either way , I am just curious that despite that why would lbtc block his bitcoins in this case ?

over the years on bitcointalk.org I've noticed that the louder they yell and the more outrages the accusations and claims, the more you have to read between the lines to see the real picture

I really like the last bit by ron7684

This user needs to learn to work with people to resolve mutually problematic situations without getting aggressive.
GiftcardsAmazon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 07:27:36 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2016, 07:50:55 PM by GiftcardsAmazon

This has nothing to do with that thread the dispuTe between me and the seller is solved. The funds were returned into my account and now they blocked me from withdrawing them. Those were funds I deposited from my own wallet and I don't buy bitcoins on there only sell so how could I possibly scam or fraud someone if someone is sending me a payment in their escrow.. I always used my phone for login.. there's no way to scam someone unless you ask them to release escrow early

Here is proof of opening ticket and no answer since.

I would have understood if I was buying bitcoins and trying to pay users with stolen funds but I was just try to sell

https://i.imgur.com/wuQRBBb.jpg
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 08:48:40 PM

This has nothing to do with that thread the dispuTe between me and the seller is solved. The funds were returned into my account and now they blocked me from withdrawing them. Those were funds I deposited from my own wallet and I don't buy bitcoins on there only sell so how could I possibly scam or fraud someone if someone is sending me a payment in their escrow.. I always used my phone for login.. there's no way to scam someone unless you ask them to release escrow early

Here is proof of opening ticket and no answer since.

I would have understood if I was buying bitcoins and trying to pay users with stolen funds but I was just try to sell

I understand that part. Personally I have never seen localbitcoins locking accounts for a review on any account. But this could be due to a potential scam they might be forseeing on the guy you just had a dispute with. Something like" Lets say I was renting an apartment. And someone does fishy or potentially fradulent on it, and I have their deposit, then I won't let that go for a few days to be sure everything is fine and I don't get involved in anything illegal later on". Again, I am just speculating. Would be curious to hear their side on what kind of review they were performing.

Since they personally do not get involved in exchanges, I don't personally see them responsible for anything either.
GiftcardsAmazon

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 09:47:26 PM

I have requested them to withdraw my funds and close my account and they relied with thank you they are reviewing my account lol for what? No wonder why no one uses this site anymore
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:17:39 PM

I have requested them to withdraw my funds and close my account and they relied with thank you they are reviewing my account lol for what? No wonder why no one uses this site anymore

You are a sore loser, how do you explain volume increases as seen here:

https://coin.dance/volume/localbitcoins

GiftcardsAmazon

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:20:36 PM

You are a sore loser, how do you explain volume increases as seen here:

https://coin.dance/volume/localbitcoins

https://i.imgur.com/lVtEQ0V.png

You are an idiot. There on a decline and it's irrelevant they are holding onto my funds illegally for no reason. Bitcoin is supposed to be easy to buy and sell and anonymous but unfortunately they make it difficult to sell and buy for new users
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:45:25 PM

You are an idiot. There on a decline and it's irrelevant they are holding onto my funds illegally for no reason. Bitcoin is supposed to be easy to buy and sell and anonymous but unfortunately they make it difficult to sell and buy for new users

Of course I'm an idiot, that is why I've posted the graph in BTC and not USD like this one:

They seem to have taken a special interest in your case and that is their good right, once you transfer your funds in their custody and you have to play by their TOS. If you don't own the keys, you don't own the BTC.

Bitcoin is easy to buy and sell (who promised you that?) but only if you play by their rules on their site.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 11:01:07 PM

I never had any issues with localbitcoins - they were great.  My issue was Homeland Security arresting me and throwing me in jail for trading on localbitcoins.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
GiftcardsAmazon

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:47:52 AM

Of course I'm an idiot, that is why I've posted the graph in BTC and not USD like this one:

https://i.imgur.com/mForLQE.png

They seem to have taken a special interest in your case and that is their good right, once you transfer your funds in their custody and you have to play by their TOS. If you don't own the keys, you don't own the BTC.

Bitcoin is easy to buy and sell (who promised you that?) but only if you play by their rules on their site.

A simple google search on Localbitcoins there motto clearly says fastest and easiest way to buy bitcoin .
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 03:29:46 PM

"their" not "there"

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
GiftcardsAmazon

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:53:07 AM

Money still froZen no reply
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 04:18:47 AM

Was the lawyer any help?

. . . I will . . . contact a lawyer cause it's against the law

. . . I will be taking legal action . . .
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 04:20:59 AM

Everyone in my country has such a high markup! It's almost impossible to find a good deal in Localbitcoins for the Philippines nowadays
GiftcardsAmazon

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 04:53:56 AM

Was the lawyer any help?

Didn't contact a lawyer because they froze my money but the fact they released my personal info without my consent.. and yes I'm in the process.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 02:55:27 PM

Was the lawyer any help?

Didn't contact a lawyer because they froze my money but the fact they released my personal info without my consent.. and yes I'm in the process.
What country are you in?  Do you happen to be in Finland or at least Europe somewhere?  If not you will need a lawyer who handles international issues.  I bet that will be a very expensive lawyer - if you can find one.

The last time I hired a lawyer (US federal felony case involving Bitcoins) they wanted $50,000 CASH up front before they would even talk to me.  I was in jail at the time so my wife had to cash in our IRAs in order to raise the money. A lawyer who specializes in international law will probably want even more.

LocalBitcoins Oy
Porkkalankatu 20
00180 Helsinki
Finland

VAT id: FI25251957

GiftcardsAmazon

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 03:20:33 PM

Was the lawyer any help?

What country are you in?  Do you happen to be in Finland or at least Europe somewhere?  If not you will need a lawyer who handles international issues.  I bet that will be a very expensive lawyer - if you can find one.

The last time I hired a lawyer (US federal felony case involving Bitcoins) they wanted $50,000 CASH up front before they would even talk to me.  I was in jail at the time so my wife had to cash in our IRAs in order to raise the money. A lawyer who specializes in international law will probably want even more.

LocalBitcoins Oy
Porkkalankatu 20
00180 Helsinki
Finland

VAT id: FI25251957

Thanks for your help.. actually my brother is a lawyer in Europe and specializes in International law.. forget about the money they froze on my account, it's been 2-3 days since they are "reviewing" my account and they haven't replied yet which leads me to believe they completely put that support ticket to the back and have no intention on releasing my coins
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2016, 05:00:40 PM

Thanks for your help.. actually my brother is a lawyer in Europe and specializes in International law.. forget about the money they froze on my account, it's been 2-3 days since they are "reviewing" my account and they haven't replied yet which leads me to believe they completely put that support ticket to the back and have no intention on releasing my coins
Nice brother to have.  Good luck.

SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 05:27:45 PM

I see a lot of huffing and puffing from your end but it's all hot air. Good luck with pursuing them on the privacy issue, once you signed up with them, you agreed to their terms. Good luck in making anything stick against their lawyers.

Do keep us posted, I'll come back every few months and ask to see how you are doing and how much money and time you and your brother have wasted...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: