Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:07:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] LocalBitcoins.com - a location-based bitcoin to cash marketplace  (Read 125864 times)
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:52:27 PM

Why would you want to contact the lawyer for such a small amount. You won't be getting a lot of money even if you win the case. Instead, post a scam accusation on the thread with all the proof and messages exchanged. It might not be the justice you are looking for, and they probably won't care much about the reputation on the forum either, but they will definitely not want a scam accusation incase someone googles their name.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GiftcardsAmazon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:52:27 AM

5days ow and obey still held no rely rom customer service
GiftcardsAmazon

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 03:34:37 AM

Money held just about a week still no reply from Support
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 08:44:15 AM

Good for them, you are an annoying twat. All in the spirit of Xmas, of course ;-)

I expect more delays over the holiday period, if they are doing research on your case
GiftcardsAmazon

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 05:15:53 PM

Good for them, you are an annoying twat. All in the spirit of Xmas, of course ;-)

I expect more delays over the holiday period, if they are doing research on your case

Yes my case of depositing my own bitcoin and trying to sel them you must obviously be a scammer.

They have replied they need ID and I supplied it now let's see how long it takes
viziano

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 07:27:14 PM

We don't even have to say anything about the site now hahha  Grin
The site has got some good reputation in all these years.

Really helped all of us.Didn't know there was an ANN topic here.

...........  FREE DISTRIBUTION TO BTC HOLDERS                                 NEW CONSENSUS ALGORITHM
● Byteball ●.   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
..........  REGULATORY COMPLIANT ASSETS                                       UNTRACEABLE PAYMENTS
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:14:49 AM

Yes my case of depositing my own bitcoin and trying to sel them you must obviously be a scammer.

They have replied they need ID and I supplied it now let's see how long it takes

Ok great I am not even involved in your half arsed attempt to do a trade on localbitcoin and now I am the scammer?

You are the one who botched up the trade because you made a bad choice in email address and you blame lc for it. Now you blame me for pointing it out.

You posted various rants towards the original seller and lc making various claims. You threathend to sue them too.

Are you now surprised they are carefully looking into your identity?

Dont blame lc for your hissy fit
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 12:05:31 PM

Ok great I am not even involved in your half arsed attempt to do a trade on localbitcoin and now I am the scammer?

You are the one who botched up the trade because you made a bad choice in email address and you blame lc for it. Now you blame me for pointing it out.

You posted various rants towards the original seller and lc making various claims. You threathend to sue them too.

Are you now surprised they are carefully looking into your identity?

Dont blame lc for your hissy fit

^
ajaxmoor
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 04:30:39 AM

Can we please ban buying and selling of accounts or require checks on say phone numbers after every few months ?
bitcoinbs

Activity: 159

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 07:53:01 PM

this is scam company. i mistaken sent bitcoin transaction which is internal transfer and sent inside their site one of bitcoin address which related to their core wallet. but they refuse to reverse that transaction and took my bitcoins
ajaxmoor
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 01:25:54 AM

this is scam company. i mistaken sent bitcoin transaction which is internal transfer and sent inside their site one of bitcoin address which related to their core wallet. but they refuse to reverse that transaction and took my bitcoins
They clearly do mention on the site that addresses older than 30 days may not be active, and it isn't necessary that you will be able to get your coins sent to those addresses. I believe this has to do with the backups they have for private keys. Since it was your fault on sending it to such an address, it doesn't make it a scam company. They can't refund you out of their own pockets, if they don't have access to those keys any longer.
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 12:01:58 PM

Why has the fees on localbitcoins gone so high recently ? I was charged 0.0008 for a transaction, thats almost like a dollar. Even the blockchain it shows such a big fees for no reason.
erpbridge
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:47:16 AM

Why is it that you made changes to the gree icon which used to show last seen time for a seller ?

Typically replies within, is so not needed. I want to know if seller is online and he can do the trade now. Now I have to visit each ad, and see if the seller was online recently.

Please change it back to how it was.
kulme

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:56:52 AM

Why is it that you made changes to the gree icon which used to show last seen time for a seller ?

Typically replies within, is so not needed. I want to know if seller is online and he can do the trade now. Now I have to visit each ad, and see if the seller was online recently.

What do you mean ? I still see those green circle like they were.

Kulme
erpbridge
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:01:10 AM

Green circles are still there. But if you hovered your mouse on them, they used to show other information in the past. It was the last time the seller was online. But now it shows in how much time does he typically reply in, which is not useful.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:42:48 AM

agree, its irksome
kulme

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:03:59 PM

Green circles are still there. But if you hovered your mouse on them, they used to show other information in the past. It was the last time the seller was online. But now it shows in how much time does he typically reply in, which is not useful.

Understood. Now I see what you mean. might be better to just open a support message with them on localbitcoins itself. I don't hate the current system as well because if they typically reply within an hour, they will reply within an hour right ?

Kulme
erpbridge
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 04:36:46 AM

Thats not always the case. Read my post from above. When I want to trade, sometimes its late at night, and I know all sellers are probably sleeping. So I look for the one who is around. Now I can't do that. I get my bitcoins blocked for 2 hours before trade automatically gets cancelled.
iDice_io

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 06:54:19 AM

Does anyone use this website for cash transactions? I wonder about the chances of encountering an undercover agent who tries to get you for something with the site.

▬▬▬▬▬▬  [CROWDSALE] [THREAD] [BETA]  ▬▬▬▬▬▬ iDice ▬▬▬▬▬▬  [BETA] [THREAD] [CROWDSALE]  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
◊                                                         CROWDSALE JUNE 16 - 30 (UTC 00:00)                                                         ◊
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WORLD'S FIRST MOBILE GAMBLING DAPP ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 10:27:42 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2017, 10:37:58 PM by BurtW

Does anyone use this website for cash transactions? I wonder about the chances of encountering an undercover agent who tries to get you for something with the site.
After I was arrested by homeland security the justice department was very interested in taking over my localbitcoins account.  As part of the plea deals they offered me they wanted the account so they could use it for undercover operations.

I am certain that many who are arrested will turn over their accounts as part of their plea deals.  I did not accept any plea deal so I never turned my account over to them, however I have not used it since the arrest since using the darn thing is what got me into trouble in the first place.

If I had never advertised on localbitcoins they would have never been able to claim what I was doing was a business and they would not have been able to arrest me for running a business without the proper license.

At least some localbitcoins account are run by federal agents, cooperating witnesses or undercover agents in local jurisdictions.  That is a fact.

Much of the evidence presented against me was from undercover operations where they video and audio taped me in a coffee shop doing a trade of BTC for cash or cash for BTC - all arranged through their accounts or cooperating witnesses on localbitcoins.

It is not illegal to use localbitcoins as a customer to buy or sell BTC.  Always assume you are dealing with an cop so be very careful what you say.  If they ask you what you are going to use the BTC for they may be trying to get you to admit you are going to use them for something illegal.

Advertising on localbitcoins is a whole other matter.  The US federal law enforcement can use the fact that you are advertising to claim you need a license.  That is what happened to me.  The whole thing cost me over $250,000 to clear my name and avoid going to prison.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: