Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]  Bitcurrency  (Read 75348 times)
Targetbit

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:24:23 AM

any news? Now what?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrepierre

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:35:58 PM

Also looking forward to new news?
Mpsmith

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:01:37 AM

Need To Know About Name Change

Any Update ?
politzer

Activity: 492

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:59:56 PM

How long does it take Bitcurrency to be listed on C-cex?

Bean Cash: 2STLLsAj2yujtffCE9oYUQwfELjhtgia22
Targetbit

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:02:13 AM

Yes I believe you should start with c-cex.

Please change name and list it there.
politzer

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 08:30:17 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 09:14:49 AM by politzer

Once again the warning was removed and the whistle is still out there while it had not even 0.2 btc trade volume for the whole week. !!!!
I am getting suspicious. Maybe someone from bittrex is involved in this coin. They de-listed Esportscoin with a total trade volume of 1.30 btc/week (only 0.1 btc missing) and ghost coin with a similar condition. But they have not delisted Whistlesoin for the second time during past 2 weeks.

sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 12:46:27 PM

I also find this very strange and was quite suprised this morning to see it is still listed.

Surely Bittrex must change the name in this circumstances  Huh

Probably somebody paid the bittrex to keep this alive. Just ask them on irc, what is going on.
politzer

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:06:56 PM

I also find this very strange and was quite suprised this morning to see it is still listed.

Surely Bittrex must change the name in this circumstances  Huh

Probably somebody paid the bittrex to keep this alive. Just ask them on irc, what is going on.
Whoever paid them could spend less money and just 1.2 btc to keep it on Bittrex. He could buy and sell to himself and only pay transaction fee.

sesko

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:11:22 PM

Surely Bittrex must change the name in this circumstances  Huh

Whoever paid them could spend less money and just 1.2 btc to keep it on Bittrex. He could buy and sell to himself and only pay transaction fee.

Let say he spent the money to keep the coin on bittrex. Same money could buy him more than 50% of all coins at current price.

just ask bittrex why is not delisted and name changed.
politzer

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:26:28 PM

I think that Bittrex will change the name soon, only reason for not delisting the coin.

Hopefully we will get an update from Zeded soon.

Even if they are going to change the name, they should have removed it first based on their policy. I contacted them and am waiting for their answer.

KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:16:40 PM

I think that Bittrex will change the name soon, only reason for not delisting the coin.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that, I spoke with Richie from Bittrex a couple of weeks ago about it and he was quite adamant that changing the name wasn't something they were likely to do because it'd open the doors for other coins to get "on the exchange without the normal avenue that all coins go through". Obviously "WSTL" is already on the exchange, but I suppose the point was that this was due to the work done by the previous developer.

If they're not going to change the name I'd prefer they just de-list it for now and as suggested before start with C-Cex. And like the others I'd be grateful to hear your thoughts on it all and the project's future zeded.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
sesko

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:29:55 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up about that, I spoke with Richie from Bittrex a couple of weeks ago about it and he was quite adamant that changing the name wasn't something they were likely to do because it'd open the doors for other coins to get "on the exchange without the normal avenue that all coins go through". Obviously "WSTL" is already on the exchange, but I suppose the point was that this was due to the work done by the previous developer.

If they're not going to change the name I'd prefer they just de-list it for now and as suggested before start with C-Cex. And like the others I'd be grateful to hear your thoughts on it all and the project's future zeded.

Bittrex changed names of the coins on their exchange in the past. So this is lame excuse from them.
It was expected to be delisted on 9th January, but wasn't.

Something is going on with this coin, some angel keeping coin on bittrex, and don't want the name to be changed. Can we assume somebody is trying to push the price down?
KingCaper

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 05:38:16 PM

Bittrex changed names of the coins on their exchange in the past. So this is lame excuse from them.

Something is going on with this coin, some angel keeping coin on bittrex, and don't want the name to be changed. Can we assume somebody is trying to push the price down?

I agree, it's not the strongest argument for not doing it given there's precedent (FlexibleCoin [FLEX] -> Cinder [CIN]). He did say they pushed back hard against the change at the time. Still, it's their exchange so their rules. It is weird they haven't delisted it though. I don't think it has anything to do with trying to push the price down, I can't imagine the price of a coin with an active(-ish  Tongue) developer and 18m coins getting much lower. Suppose we could ask them directly like you suggested.

politzer

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:24:23 PM

I also created a topic in this case

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=919473.msg10101123#msg10101123

It is really big question for me that why Bittrex has not delisted this coin for the second time during past 2 weeks. It is making me suspicious that maybe something is happening behind the veil. Even it has not received any warning for the next friday which means at best case scenario if it receives a warning next friday, it will be delisted on January 23rd. enough time for some people who want to sell and consequently a push down in the price.

richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 07:22:10 PM

I agree, it's not the strongest argument for not doing it given there's precedent (FlexibleCoin [FLEX] -> Cinder [CIN]). He did say they pushed back hard against the change at the time. Still, it's their exchange so their rules. It is weird they haven't delisted it though. I don't think it has anything to do with trying to push the price down, I can't imagine the price of a coin with an active(-ish  Tongue) developer and 18m coins getting much lower. Suppose we could ask them directly like you suggested.

You guys need to stop with your conspiracy theories... they are never correct. Wink

First, we did not rename FLEX->CIN.  So not sure what precedent you're referring to.  The last rename we performed was BC->BLK and that's because we agreed to the name swap a long time ago. 

Secondly, we put a policy in place to NOT do renames of currencies because of the potential of abuse.  If you do not understand that potential, find me on IRC and I will explain it, but I wont go into a debate about it here.  That said, we are re-evaluating our position based on our current conversation with XWC.  Honestly, there needs to be a balance for renaming things because there is a valid justification (in the BLK and XWC cases) , versus someone "taking over" a coin and completely rebranding it (FLEX/WSTL).  We are still trying to find that balance.

Lastly, I have saved WSTL for the last 2 weeks because I'm still talking to zeded and deciding what we are going to do.  Until we figure it out, I am keeping the market alive.  If you'd rather we just kill it, I'm more than happy to, but if BitCredit is to make it here, it will be through a rename route.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
KingCaper

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 07:52:43 PM

You guys need to stop with your conspiracy theories... they are never correct. Wink

First, we did not rename FLEX->CIN.  So not sure what precedent you're referring to.  The last rename we performed was BC->BLK and that's because we agreed to the name swap a long time ago. 

Secondly, we put a policy in place to NOT do renames of currencies because of the potential of abuse.  If you do not understand that potential, find me on IRC and I will explain it, but I wont go into a debate about it here.  That said, we are re-evaluating our position based on our current conversation with XWC.  Honestly, there needs to be a balance for renaming things because there is a valid justification (in the BLK and XWC cases) , versus someone "taking over" a coin and completely rebranding it (FLEX/WSTL).  We are still trying to find that balance.

Lastly, I have saved WSTL for the last 2 weeks because I'm still talking to zeded and deciding what we are going to do.  Until we figure it out, I am keeping the market alive.  If you'd rather we just kill it, I'm more than happy to, but if BitCredit is to make it here, it will be through a rename route.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Thanks for letting us know the situation. Sorry for the confusion, I misinterpreted "we pushed back pretty hard on the FLEX->CIN rename for the same reason" to mean in the end you'd acquiesced to the change (not actually familiar with the history of the coin). My mistake. As you've spoken with zeded you'll know he seems pretty dedicated to making the project a success. He's already updated the wallets to reflect the re-branding.

Maybe it'd be useful for you guys (and projects like this) if there was some set of requirements to be met that'd prove a project's legitimacy and filter out any obviously cynical attempts to make a quick buck by "resurrecting" a coin. Might save you some time on having to deal with them on a case-by-case basis, though I appreciate coming up with an actual list might not be so easy. Thanks again for clarifying Bittrex's position and hopefully we can work something out.  Smiley

andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:04:41 PM

Thank you for update much appreciated  Smiley
poncho32

Activity: 316

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 10:17:05 PM

Bittrex used to reconsider delisting a coin if they had loads of feedback from the coin's community, but they changed their rules a while back. I'm not sure how the new rules work, I only know they increased the weekly volume reqired to keep a coin listed.
KingCaper

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 10:33:09 PM

Come on zeded, you haven't posted all year!  Cheesy

Any news?

Targetbit

View Profile
January 11, 2015, 12:21:29 PM

Where is zeded?
Out from developing it?
If yes just confirm that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: