Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:42:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery program beginning in January for PB Mining customers.  (Read 143907 times)
bitcoinmind

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 08:44:08 PM

Is there anybody who know about "Pbmining will compensate our loss, or not?" . Because I lost almost 100 USD. It will be 145 USD this week. and It's great amount for people who Live in Turkey...

Hmmm, the amount keeps going up? I think you mean you didn't "gain" $145 I guess. Kiss your money goodbye because they are paying like crap but within their contract guidelines.

Yes, he count profit that he should to gain because of contract that he buy! And that is correct counting!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hgfernan

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 09:20:57 PM

I want full refund of all my PBmining.com contract: Customer #: 36326
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2240

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:24:54 PM

Question for the group: If PBMining was a ponzi scam, would it be expected for the people who made "profits" to return those profits so that others (ie: everyone) could get their original investments back?

I was wondering about this because the trick with a ponzi is that early "investors" do well while later investors lose everything. But unless the principal is siphoning money off, the total amount put into the pot should be the same as everyone's "investments", thus unwinding the transactions should make everyone mostly whole.

Hm.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:44:22 PM

Question for the group: If PBMining was a ponzi scam, would it be expected for the people who made "profits" to return those profits so that others (ie: everyone) could get their original investments back?

I was wondering about this because the trick with a ponzi is that early "investors" do well while later investors lose everything. But unless the principal is siphoning money off, the total amount put into the pot should be the same as everyone's "investments", thus unwinding the transactions should make everyone mostly whole.

Hm.

Early investors made a profit. Even if Bokyo did not spend a satoshi of his loot on skydiving and travel, even if he decided to give everything he still has back (fat chance!), even if he paid  the expenses (referrals, give away's, signature campaigns, website etc) from his own pocket; where would that early investor profit have come from? Yep, from you, not-so-early investors.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:55:43 PM

Early investors made a profit. Even if Bokyo did not spend a satoshi of his loot on skydiving and travel, even if he decided to give everything he still has back (fat chance!), even if he paid  the expenses (referrals, give away's, signature campaigns, website etc) from his own pocket; where would that early investor profit have come from? Yep, from you, not-so-early investors.
Actually the early investors simply participated (unknowingly of course) in fraud. You can say "well we thought the deal was legitimate" but if it was a ponzi, then the statement "the early investors participated in fraud" is accurate.

Therefore the early investors who made a "profit" (ie: fraud since Ponzi schemes are fraud) should return it and everything is normal.

The advertising and signature campaigns, server support, mail, etc to perpetrate the fraud though are something I didn't think about. Drat.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:09:46 PM

Actually the early investors simply participated (unknowingly of course) in fraud.

Im fairly sure many if not most of them participated knowingly, just like the very same people (often with fresh accounts) are knowingly invested in and promoting all the other ponzi's.

You can say "well we thought the deal was legitimate" but if it was a ponzi, then the statement "the early investors participated in fraud" is accurate.

Oh I dont disagree, and I will go one step further: those posters/spammers who were paid for sig campaings and the like, and everyone that ever posted or emailed a referral link,  are just as complicit (and in fact, legally liable)
janahoch

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 11:36:41 PM

Just to be clear, exactly how many "investors" made any profit out of this and how much?

The sig promoters should be ashamed but looking at this forum is not the feeling I get.

It seems most members don't give a sh*t about others.
rooster2000bka

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:41:00 AM

Pbmining! You are the best image of my business
 I invested 1477 GHS at price 0.0014 as: 2.0678 BTC
 I received 0.00148061 BTC per week!
I would also like your business! But I think everything has its price!
You must refund  me if you want peace!

I think your post solved this issue! Now just wait for reimbursement! Well done!
My salary is 120 usd per month! 2.0678 BTC is too much for me!
Many thank to pbmining!  Undecided
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:43:37 AM

Actually the early investors simply participated (unknowingly of course) in fraud. You can say "well we thought the deal was legitimate" but if it was a ponzi, then the statement "the early investors participated in fraud" is accurate.

Sorry for this example, but i don't know how to comment your post..

"...if that was a rape, then the statement "this lady participated in rape" is accurate."  Roll Eyes

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

investor respect

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:50:00 AM

"...if that was a rape, then the statement "this lady participated in rape" is accurate."  Roll Eyes

jason boyko is responsible. anything other than that makes no sense. we bought gh. he stole gh. we are missing some thing. lets re look at the things about jason that were posted.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:51:53 AM

jason boyko is responsible. anything other than that makes no sense. we bought gh. he stole gh. we are missing some thing. lets re look at the things about jason that were posted.
Ponzis are strange beasts. Boyko is obviously 100% culpable. Someone who googled cloudmining and stumbled upon PBmining is an innocent victim. Maybe most are in that category. However in between there is a whole range of people from those who bought in and later started to suspect it was a ponzi, to those that bought in suspecting or knowing it was a ponzi but hoping they would get payed out before it collapsed, to those who full on fought tooth and nail here against those exposing the scam.

I don't think that even if Boyko goes to jail there will be any clawbacks or consequences for the pushers; but there are a decent number of people in the original threads with blood on their hands from this one. You don't get to try to continue a scam as long as possible to line you pockets and then expect everyone to call you lily white. I'm not going to dig up the post, but there's a guy in the original thread who flat out said something along the lines of "Maybe it is a ponzi, but if it is why are you trying to bring it down? Let's keep it going." IMO, he's no better than Boyko.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:29:18 AM

"...if that was a rape, then the statement "this lady participated in rape" is accurate."  Roll Eyes

Damn, I think I was a bit less than clear. The word I used at the beginning of the post was "unknowingly". As an ex-Catholic I still run under the rule that a sin is a wrong deed committed with full knowledge that one was committing a wrong deed.

The person who runs the ponzi is 100% culpable, no question. And yes, one of the hallmarks of a ponzi is to encourage investors to re-invest their "profits" in buying "more shares" or "hashing power" or whatnot. That keeps the initial investment in the ponzi system as opposed to leaking out.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear.
navigatrix

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:00:59 AM

Boyko sounds Ukrainian so he´s hopefully in arrears

to some very unpleasant people over there.
You're absolutely right.
If it is from Ukraine, then it is like a thief and a crook, Ukraine is a country of beggars and thieves!

Yeah, but much of the Canadian Prairies was settled by Eastern Europeans. Boyko is a common name in Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba. I grew up in northern Alberta and 70% of the area was Polish, Ukrainian, Czech or Swedish.

so it doesn't mean he's in cahoots with someone in the Ukraine.

But I'm still glad I only got in for 200 GH. My 9 cent a week payout is soooooooo inspiring now.
MichaelNZ

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:29:11 AM

anyway enough of that  Grin we should be united against boyko not fighting with other victims

Agreed ... We have one thing in common BOYKO !!

btcgnome

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 08:47:32 AM

anyway enough of that  Grin we should be united against boyko not fighting with other victims

Agreed ... We have one thing in common BOYKO !!

MAB = Miners Against Boyko
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 10:38:39 AM

"...if that was a rape, then the statement "this lady participated in rape" is accurate."  Roll Eyes

Damn, I think I was a bit less than clear. The word I used at the beginning of the post was "unknowingly". As an ex-Catholic I still run under the rule that a sin is a wrong deed committed with full knowledge that one was committing a wrong deed.

The person who runs the ponzi is 100% culpable, no question. And yes, one of the hallmarks of a ponzi is to encourage investors to re-invest their "profits" in buying "more shares" or "hashing power" or whatnot. That keeps the initial investment in the ponzi system as opposed to leaking out.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear.

Maybe this example was not to good, because i was expecting that you gonna explain that.. But here was late and that was first what comes to my head ..

This is how work Ponzi in Bitcoin world. Trendon Shavers showed the way.

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:57:19 PM

I think if your going with that logic, then everyone who bought contacts at all participated in fraud (how many unknowingly?).based on the fact that you are accusing early investors of knowing it was a ponzi fraud means everyone who wasn't an early investor also knew and  still participated in the fraud, so your just as guilty as the early investors, but thats just stupid logic

Is it really stupid logic? If people just performed a bare minimum of due diligence before sending pseudonymous irreversible currency to some anonymous website, wouldnt the bitcoin ecosystem look a whole lot better ? What they (and I assume you) did is  no less stupid than giving gold to a total stranger for promises of high returns. This never ending list of ponzi scams is hurting the perception of the bitcoin network and thereby the value of my bitcoin wallet and so yeah, I do blame everyone who invested in this, knowingly or 'unknowingly'.

Skatter

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:33:36 PM

99% of the crypto cloud mining services are ponzi's one way or another. Majority of people would be aware of that surely and knowingly invest is a risk at stake. The thing that made the crypto currency worse is that you could buy in with Using USD
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 09:46:21 PM

You called me "a God" for not having been scammed once in nearly 4 years in bitcoin (yes, you got that latter part right).  Let me just say that in the land of the blind, one eyed man is king, or if you prefer, a God.

Let me make this clear; I do feel for the people that lost btc to scams like MtGox or similar, because applying common sense and doing basic due diligence would not have revealed the actual threat. I could have been fooled by MtGox, and to some extend even was, as I did not believe the pit was as bottomless as it turned out. I guess that makes me only a half-god.

But thats quite something else as these glaringly obvious ponzi's like pbmining. It doesnt even have anything to do with crypto currencies. There is no difference in sending  dollars via Western Union or bitcoins  if you send it to some Nigerian Prince who promised you $500K from an inherited gold mine concession or to some anonymous crypto mining website that promises high mining returns. Common sense and basic due diligence should have prevented anyone from getting scammed. I mean, common, not even his identity or address was public. Even most Nigerian scam emails will give you a name and phone number at least.

Im sure Im upsetting you for rubbing it in, but fuck me Im also getting tired of trying to educate people, having thrown shit at me for doing it by all the greedy ponzi feeders, then reading the same sob stories year after year.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:56:23 PM

Hm.

One person who received a payout would screw that up, because then there will be more "deposits" than actual money.

Plus the guy running it would obviously be taking some money for himself, otherwise what's the point?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: