Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:15:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery program beginning in January for PB Mining customers.  (Read 143907 times)
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:54:30 AM

I always supported PBMining but unfortunately I now think this was a ponzi and here is why I think this: it is too big of a coincidence that PBMining collapsed after a series of very low difficulty increase and a difficulty decrease. When the difficulty was up, people were not able to recoup their investment because of this and PBMining just gave you back, week after week, part of your investment. You would have lost money but you would have been "happy" because this was the difficulty's fault. The profit he was making was needed to pay the clients who, through referral link, got more GHS than what they paid.

He panicked the second his private info leaked, that's why he makes it seem that he has the best interest of customers at heart, while a along he was planning the right moment the pull the plug...

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Danglez2907

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 06:00:13 AM

Howdy,

I've held off on commenting until now but I'm mighty angry with all of this.

I've got 985Ghs, not huge but a significant amount for me.

I'll resist getting publicly obnoxious but I want info Mr PBMining.

Explain why our payments have dropped, explain where the coins have gone and explain what you are doing to fix this.

As others  have already said Facebook didn't hack your miners and that's one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard and I've heard quite a few.

You presented as a legitimate, insured business. Act like one.
investor respect

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:38:34 AM

Howdy,

I've held off on commenting until now but I'm mighty angry with all of this.

I've got 985Ghs, not huge but a significant amount for me.

I'll resist getting publicly obnoxious but I want info Mr PBMining.

Explain why our payments have dropped, explain where the coins have gone and explain what you are doing to fix this.

As others  have already said Facebook didn't hack your miners and that's one of the lamest excuses I've ever heard and I've heard quite a few.

You presented as a legitimate, insured business. Act like one.

call Staff Sergeant Tim Failler directly on Monday. His direct line is 306-975-8348. He is in charge of Economic and Stolen Auto crimes. His assistant can also takes calls. His/her number is 306-975-8243.
socrtwo

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:23:27 AM

NICE JOB. THANK YOU. WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS IS YOU REPORTED BACK NEW INFO. YOU GAVE US THE POSITIVE INFO. WE FEEL RENEWED AND WE CAN SEE THIS MOVING FORWARD. IF WE ALL KEEP CALLING AND ENCOURAGE THE POLICE TO ACT WE WILL SEE SOME RESULTS. LETS GET 100 CALLS.
Thanks so much for the Kudos. Grin However we shouldn't overdo it. There is a scientific finding I saw recently in a news article that people will make you wait longer for say a parking space if they see you are waiting. The squeaky wheel gets the grease but let's not kill it by showing we aren't as civilized as the ordinary Canadian Grin. I'm sure Officer Failler has other cases. We want him on our side. Who knows, maybe he has other million dollar cases too. But I will also call tomorrow. Losing lots money is intensely frustrating. I think one can get more of it back with a cool head, than going about it with blind fury. Sleep on it before making plans about what you will say.

Note: From the link that Danz0r77 dug up: http://www.whoismind.com/whois-history/2012-12-30/13-58-18/getlaidbible.com.html, there may be a still connected phone number from Jayson's business, DIGITAL MINING STORE, 314 33rd street east, saskatoon, Saskatchewan s7k0s4, Canada: (306) 716-0288.
btcmner

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:42:39 AM

so i guess moving "heaven and earth" doesn't include a post explaining what is going on, besides the one where face book broke his mining farm.. is that how mosas parted the red sea  Cheesy lol
I don't recall a post from PB talking of a single, physical farm, but also multiple allusions rented capacity with partners. For example, on Pbmining's own website : "We purchase our own ASIC hardware as well as hash power from other sources. ".

So, there is a possibility that a huge partner of his ended their relationship as a result of some blackmail threat which was executed, as suggested. And why not suspecting a competitor ? We might not know the nature of the threats, because by definition one is blackmailed about something he'd rather not have other people know, but there is still that possibility. Besides, the PB owner has an obvious communication issue with others, which is probably part of his personality, and which does not facilitate dialog in difficult circumstances. That issue itself may very well be resulting from previous experiences of online forms of harassment.

Frankly, continue to speculate as you wish, but you should probably refrain from harassing him online, calling him a scammer etc, this makes you a bully and might play against you in the future, if the case goes to court. He has not disappeared, his whereabouts are well known, and he's not in hiding, therefore witch-hunting is not appropriate. In addition, he's making efforts to recover from his obvious loss of capacity and published this information at the very beginning of this thread.

Personally, I'm favorable to granting him good faith for now, and I don't think it is a good idea to demand, in your very aggressive and rude manner, an update three times a day from an already over-stressed man.

Mining for fun.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:43:41 AM

Bullshit.  Cheesy

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
socrtwo

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 07:44:06 AM

MrTeal, I've entered my info on your Google Form. Thanks. I also filled out bennynjetz's petition.

Out of curiosity, if there is any recovery and someone were to get ahold of that information, e.g. the payto addresses, the transaction numbers and my address for receiving, could someone who is unscrupulous get the paybacks for themselves or is this public information available on the blockchain sites?
socrtwo

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:15:26 AM

So, there is a possibility that a huge partner of his ended their relationship as a result of some blackmail threat which was executed, as suggested. And why not suspecting a competitor?
I suppose that is plausible. He could have himself lured into a ponzi scheme in buying THs/GHs at even lower wholesale prices than what he offered to us the customers who are second hand casualties. The supplier could now be blackmailing him, threatening his safety and his family's safety if he reveals the sham that they are. In other words I think, he could be a victim of a massive loan sharking system that leant him a huge amount of btc and now they want it back with interest or else.

OK say that is what is going on. What would be the best response for PB customers then? I think it is we should be suggesting ways he can deal with the issues, if this were true. So maybe there really should be discussions on two levels here. One is to assume he is innocent sort of at least (if this is true, he probably smelled a rat from the start but went ahead with it anyway because as I will argue later he comes from big money and there are high expectations of him) and that he is now in way over his head. The other is he is some special kind of criminal and we can continue with that line here in this thread.

If for instance he was hoodwinked in some grand fashion, it might be because he comes from a wealthy social class where the truly big schemes are pitched to. My suggestion to him in this case would be to use his and his family's possibly considerable wealth to make this right on all sides and to accept the loss and the life lesson that comes with it. He can certainly pursue things legally against his blackmailers too if he knows how to do it safely but he should pay back at least most or all to his customers who put all this valuable faith in him during this year.
thirdprize

Activity: 485
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 08:44:38 AM

FWIW i have a couple of contracts under a couple of names and they both got payments last night.  Both were 60Ghz and got 0.000242 each.  Roughly 10% of what they got last week.  A couple for 5 or 6 Ghs did not.  I think the amounts were probably what the formula was predicting.  

Silly question, but was there some sort of EULA/contract we had to agree to stating what the terms were when we signed up?  I don't remember one.  If we can't actually say "this is what was agreed between us and Jason" then I'm not sure what sort of claim we have?

raskul

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:54:08 AM

FWIW i have a couple of contracts under a couple of names and they both got payments last night.  Both were 60Ghz and got 0.000242 each.  Roughly 10% of what they got last week.  A couple for 5 or 6 Ghs did not.  I think the amounts were probably what the formula was predicting.  

Silly question, but was there some sort of EULA/contract we had to agree to stating what the terms were when we signed up?  I don't remember one.  If we can't actually say "this is what was agreed between us and Jason" then I'm not sure what sort of claim we have?

the contract was that you would PAY for cloud mining hashes.

it's fraud.

JBB070

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 08:59:43 AM

People read the post before some are talking shit we already know and what has been said more than twice on this forum. Read the earlier posts morons. The ones who still thinks that pbmining is not a scam please dont post or start a new thread. In here we think its a scam and we try to get something back. So if your new to this, a few posts back you see the phone number of the local police of this scammer so call this number or if your from far away there is even a email address from local police in Canada. So only post new things and evidence or some further progress.
thirdprize

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 09:07:46 AM

it's fraud.
I am not defending Jason, I am just trying to work out what case we have.  What did the contract say?  What were the terms?

"I met a bloke in a bar who said for $1000 he would cloud mine bit coins for me, but he didn't" versus "I have a cloud mining contract between me and Jason which he has clearly defaulted on".  One would stand up in court and one would be laughed out the door.  We paid in Btc and got paid back in Btc.  Do any legal systems even count that as money?

#justsaying

raskul

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:08:54 AM

it's fraud.
I am not defending Jason, I am just trying to work out what case we have.  What did the contract say?  What were the terms?

"I met a bloke in a bar who said for $1000 he would cloud mine bit coins for me, but he didn't" versus "I have a cloud mining contract between me and Jason which he has clearly defaulted on".  One would stand up in court and one would be laughed out the door.  We paid in Btc and got paid back in Btc.  Do any legal systems even count that as money?

#justsaying

we have no case for reimbursement.
we have every case to make sure he gets put in prison for a very long time.

i hope that clarifies.

5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:36:33 AM

Again, until now PBMining always paid - every week. It´s far from a "scam" as it stands right now.

PS: I got paid today. Payout far from normal but got paid.

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
raskul

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:38:00 AM

Again, until now PBMining always paid - every week. It´s far from a "scam" as it stands right now.

no, it's a carefully orchestrated fraud.

5ick3uffalo
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:44:22 AM

no, it's a carefully orchestrated fraud.

Strange orchestra then. They could have played better if they wanted to.

BTC: 1Dw9feZAGSeHvaiQ55T7C92VAAXB2nVKKk
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:45:51 AM

Ask Trendon Shavers.
thirdprize

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 09:50:40 AM

we have no case for reimbursement.
we have every case to make sure he gets put in prison for a very long time.

i hope that clarifies.

Thank you.  

I got most of my money back in the weekly payments so I am going to put the rest down to experience.  Lets face it Btc is half what it was when we signed up, so we were never going to make any real profit.  Wink  

Best of luck with your quest.  Hope you get him.

adib

Activity: 368

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:09:34 AM

This is not how you handle a worst case scenario of your farm burning down in Iceland.

Seriously, i cant belive there are people who think this is not a scam... and oh my God hes doing what he can.
because he was harresed and threated... even if he was... by whom, where is the so called insurance money from... the insurance.

No legit bussines does this, there are lawyers, authorities, the pure fact that we have no information besides what has been found
by other means tells everything

One phrase come to mind from the OP, we will try even if it fails... be sure that it will faill, from the pshicological point of view,
hes gently letting you know it will and you can prepare youself... think about it.

TIPS - 19JLxDkCfn5x667xCeSgmYNop4WLR3ci27
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:15:02 AM

I have got a smaller payment yesterday Undecided

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: