Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:42:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436013 times)
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:48:12 PM

I don't even know why people act so naive.

Its simply a matter of a guy who had an idea and thought it would be easy, so he made a lot of claims and hype, but once he got down to it, realized it would not be quite so easy. Besides , exactly what is the point of torrentz + cryptocoins ?  Perhaps torrent + cryptography, but not a coin. For you to actually make this work , you need a way to monetize content in a way that will result people actually opting to buy/upload, maybe in collaboration with a original content provider, you could get somewhere, but not as current.

Just some thoughts.

I disagree with you on the possible uses of crypto and torrents. The fact that torrents could be put onto a blockchain and there's not a god damn thing the MPAA or any other organisation could do, is a billion dollar idea.

This is why I have kept my coins, just in case the Dev does pull it off.

What is this thing called MPAA?

HAHAHAHA billion dollar idea??? Piracy ? Paying for piracy of shit i can get free? You really haven't researched file sharing. Go take a closer look at what file sharing is really like beyond the pages of TPB.

There already exist paid torrent services, featuring blistering speeds and blinding methods that make it impossible to tell who downloaded what. What part of this exactly is a billion dollar idea, in fact, convince me this is a million dollar idea.

I live in the UK where the government has told ISP's to block torrent sites. It's now increasingly harder for your average Joe to use torrent sites, thanks to organisations like the MPAA and others lobbying governments.

Torrents on the blockchain via a search function in the wallet would solve this.

Let's also take freedom of speach into consideration also. Let's say I made a video that spoke out about the government or had some whistle blower info I needed to get out, then torrents on the blockchain would be the best amd safest way of me staying private and asking sure that the message could not be taken down.

See, the thing is you cant put a real torrent on the block chain. all  it takes is one to gum up the chain. If you instead resort to links only, then you have to worry about torrent availability , share speeds and everythng else current torrents do. so....why the additional coin ?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:27:17 PM

I don't even know why people act so naive.

Its simply a matter of a guy who had an idea and thought it would be easy, so he made a lot of claims and hype, but once he got down to it, realized it would not be quite so easy. Besides , exactly what is the point of torrentz + cryptocoins ?  Perhaps torrent + cryptography, but not a coin. For you to actually make this work , you need a way to monetize content in a way that will result people actually opting to buy/upload, maybe in collaboration with a original content provider, you could get somewhere, but not as current.

Just some thoughts.

I disagree with you on the possible uses of crypto and torrents. The fact that torrents could be put onto a blockchain and there's not a god damn thing the MPAA or any other organisation could do, is a billion dollar idea.

This is why I have kept my coins, just in case the Dev does pull it off.

HAHAHAHA billion dollar idea??? Piracy ? Paying for piracy of shit i can get free? You really haven't researched file sharing. Go take a closer look at what file sharing is really like beyond the pages of TPB.

There already exist paid torrent services, featuring blistering speeds and blinding methods that make it impossible to tell who downloaded what. What part of this exactly is a billion dollar idea, in fact, convince me this is a million dollar idea.

I live in the UK where the government has told ISP's to block torrent sites. It's now increasingly harder for your average Joe to use torrent sites, thanks to organisations like the MPAA and others lobbying governments.

Torrents on the blockchain via a search function in the wallet would solve this.

Let's also take freedom of speach into consideration also. Let's say I made a video that spoke out about the government or had some whistle blower info I needed to get out, then torrents on the blockchain would be the best amd safest way of me staying private and asking sure that the message could not be taken down.

See, the thing is you cant put a real torrent on the block chain. all  it takes is one to gum up the chain. If you instead resort to links only, then you have to worry about torrent availability , share speeds and everythng else current torrents do. so....why the additional coin ?

The Dev is trying use magnet links on the blockchain. He also plans to give part of the PoS reward to seeders and uploaders, thus fixing the flaw with the torrent network (lack of seeders), hence the coin.

Edit: when you think about it. If the Dev can pull it off,  crypto and torrents are the perfect marriage.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:17:18 PM

The more pay-torrents exist, the more easier it gets to get them for free..  Undecided 

Personally, I would be happy to pay a few bits for each torrent to support the system.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:24:22 PM

interesting how the project is still on trex, tbh.

I thought they had a strict de-listing policy, so something is going on that's out of the ordinary?
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:40:30 PM

interesting how the project is still on trex, tbh.

I thought they had a strict de-listing policy, so something is going on that's out of the ordinary?

Good point! i have a good feeling for VTR despite the delay and minimal communication, the dev is running a marathon
hack_

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:11:57 AM

Another dead horse being whipped by bagholders hoping it will become a unicorn
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:08:16 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 08:34:06 PM by leigh2k14

I see someone added some buy support.

Nice try.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:18:17 PM

Yep.

Whip, whip, whip.
Warren.Buffet

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:39:40 PM

VTR is a dark horse for success in 2016
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:03:25 AM

Not with that "progress"..
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:45:35 AM

Nice try.

Actually the buy amount is about the exact same as it has been recently.

I did get some messages back from the dev; he claims that he is currently conducting private testing.

He didn't reveal anything specific about torrents, but this is consistent with messages I have from him more than a year ago.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:52:40 AM

Nice try.

Actually the buy amount is about the exact same as it has been recently.

I did get some messages back from the dev; he claims that he is currently conducting private testing.

He didn't reveal anything specific about torrents, but this is consistent with messages I have from him more than a year ago.

I hadn't looked at the buy support for a few days. I thought hack_ was trolling to get people to dump.

I wish the dev would give us a little bit of info as to how things are going, we're not asking too much, we've been waiting for over a year.

Hell, it would be nice if he would just post to say merry Christmas. Grin

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

hack_

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:26:37 AM

I was not trolling. I posted my views previously. For it to make sense in a financial way, we need a tangible reason to monetize posting links and hosting the content. As if that is not bad enough, you need more than the average net connection to be a useful seeder. Also even if it is original content , PIRACY will just take over with free ones popping up all over the net.

I'm not knocking the idea, i'm knocking the idea of forming a coin and marketing it as a solution before you have actually thoroughly thought through the problems that exist. Torrents are great, just you have to explain why torrents + cryptocoin is a good idea. Citing things like regulation, state interference and DMCA is subject to too many arguments and too broad. Lets not forget that it only applies in the U.S and similar legislation is not really strongly enforced across the rest of the globe.

I'd rather troll DASH in the hopes of getting some cheap.  Cheesy
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:56:05 PM

Guys is the dev back, i was here a few months ago, and the dev dissapeared for a few months.

Is he back? Is he working on this? Is the project going well. Please fill me in Cheesy

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:57:19 PM

Guys is the dev back, i was here a few months ago, and the dev dissapeared for a few months.

Is he back? Is he working on this? Is the project going well. Please fill me in Cheesy

He is still working on the project.

As to what he is doing, your guess is as good as mine.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:49:08 AM

So vtorrent has kindly let me try out the new wallet (minus torrent features); I've been asked to keep the file private but can share screenshots here.

So yes, it does exist. It is functional, it is pretty slick and barring the blockchain completely syncing (it is taking some time) it looks quite nice. There is a BitTorrent section, but it has been deactivated on this particular copy of the program (vtorrent stated that it would be without torrent functionality as this is still in private testing)

New features:
-multiple windows for trading on bittrex
-2FA via Google Authenticator
-Key management
-HD addresses
-Block explorer

Regarding the lack of any update on torrent functionality this is what vtorrent said on December 31st, 2014:
Since Magnetz scam, I prefer to keep all the details about torrent implement from public until we release our first beta client with torrent implemented.

As to when to expect torrent release, I have no information.
kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:17:56 AM

So vtorrent has kindly let me try out the new wallet (minus torrent features); I've been asked to keep the file private but can share screenshots here.

so the plot thickens ... would love for VTR to turn out a non-scam ... not selling my stack
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:49:46 AM

New wallet looks sexy Grin

As for the torrents, after 1 year I’m in the mindset that it will happen when it happens.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

zaph3t

Activity: 294

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:16:28 PM

I had to click to checkout this Concept of Bittorrent in Wallet. It reminds the old days when i used to use uTorrent for pc Games. lol
Keeping my eye on this project.

ph111

Activity: 270

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:36:46 PM

Ummmm where is my old laptop i have 500k Vtorrent on  Huh Huh Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: