Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436010 times)
vtorrent (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:59:22 PM

I have been and still working on debugging and try to identify parts of code which might have cause the problem with the encryption and unlock of the client.

In my opinion this bug or issue with the client is quite a serious one since its related to the core security of the client and funds of the users.

I check the thread quite often to check if there is anymore user affected by the bug.

Adding of any new aditional features to the client will be postpone until we could determine and successfully patch the issue.

Thank you all for your support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:02:52 PM

I have been and still working on debugging and try to identify parts of code which might have cause the problem with the encryption and unlock of the client.

In my opinion this bug or issue with the client is quite a serious one since its related to the core security of the client and funds of the users.

I check the thread quite often to check if there is anymore user affected by the bug.

Adding of any new aditional features to the client will be postpone until we could determine and successfully patch the issue.

The xCash Dev is also looking into it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765360.msg10070513#msg10070513

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:53:37 PM

Very good to hear Dev Smiley Nice to see you are making sure that your communities coins are safe and that any bugs are fixed before moving forward with your project Smiley Very professional and responsible of you Smiley Thanks for that update Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:59:30 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 12:19:17 AM by drays

That's right and professional approach of a serious programmer: before moving forward, make sure you don't have hidden issues left behind, and everything works as it should.

@vTorrent: as a fellow programmer, I see three approaches to fix this (sure there might be more):
1. A hard one - debug the code, reproduce the problem (probably ask some of the guys having this issue, to send you the wallet.dat and other necessary data to reproduce the issue).
2. Easy one - remove the wallet encryption capability from the wallet for some time, until xCash developer finds the issue Smiley
3. Workaroud - replace that part of code by a code got from other wallet (not xCash), which doesn't have such issue. The issue will disappear together with the problematic code.

These are just my 2 cents Smiley. I'm pretty sure you will find the problem, as I think you are a high-class developer, the question is just hhow much effort and hassle it will cause to you.

... this space is not for rent ...
Tearz

Activity: 627
Merit: 250

The Pope Of Dope

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:16:06 AM

That's right and professional approach of a serious programmer: before moving forward, make sure you don't have hidden issues left behind, and everything works as it should.

@vTorrent: as a fellow programmer, I see three approaches to fix this (sure there might be more):
1. A hard one - debug the code, reproduce the problem (probably ask some of the guys having this issue, to send you the wallet.dat and other necessary data to reproduce the issue).
2. Easy one - remove the wallet encryption capability from the wallet for some time, until xCash developer finds the issue Smiley
3. Workaroud - replace that part of code by a code got from other wallet (not xCash), which doesn't have such issue. The issue will disappear together with the problematic code.

These are just my 2 cents Smiley. I'm pretty sure you will find the problem, as I think you are a high-class developer, the question is just hhow much effort and hassle it will cause to you.
this dev cares about quality so im guessing hes going for the hard one lol not just cuz of that but because everyone likes a challenge i mean look at Dark souls

Welcome to the future of the  █████████████████████████████
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██               ██             ██
██          ███████████▄          ██
██             ███▀▀▀▀████          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███     ███          ██
██             ███▄▄▄▄████          ██
██             █████████▀           ██
██            ███ ██              ██
██            ███                 ██
██         ███████              ██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
PointPay   |

|
|

|

█████████████████████████
                     █                       █
                     █  ███                  █
                     █  █  █                 █
                     █  ███              ███████
                     █  █                █ █   █
                     █                   ███████
                     █ █ █ █                 █
                     █████████████████████████

Multi-currency Wallet
  [] 
                                                  █
                                  █               █
                          █       █               █
                          █       █             █████
                          █     █████     █     █   █
                        █████   █   █     █     █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █████   █   █
                        █   █   █   █   █   █   █   █
                        █   █   █████   █   █   █████
                        █   █     █     █   █     █
                        █████     █     █████     █
                          █       █       █
                          █               █
                          █
Crypto Exchange Platform
speedy1987

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:04:54 AM

this dev cares about quality so im guessing hes going for the hard one lol not just cuz of that but because everyone likes a challenge i mean look at Dark souls

To be honest. I prefer option number 2. But it´s not up to us.  Grin

igor107th

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:35:02 AM

To be honest. I prefer option number 2. But it´s not up to us.  Grin

i tkink number 1 haha
i have sent him my wallet.dat  Grin
ik_do

Activity: 522

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:01:24 AM

What kind of timeframe do you expect for torrent feature to be added?

I am keen to access legal linux distros
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 10:17:48 AM

Nothing revealed about the project yet. We need more info. Is there a whitepaper?

I agree. I'd love to see some algorithms/specifics  Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 12:01:20 PM

What kind of timeframe do you expect for torrent feature to be added?

I am keen to access legal linux distros

Make sure it's only legal distro's  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 07:51:19 PM

Dying to leach some 'legal' software  Grin.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
panthea0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:22:36 AM

I believe, Dev can fix the bug. So I bought some coins.

magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:36:54 AM

me too..and feel free to sell more at 440...

proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 06:56:59 AM

what's the coin count?
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:25:52 AM

what's the coin count?

Max Total supply: 20 million

Ultra cheap right now...  Wink
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 08:54:59 AM

what's the coin count?

Max Total supply: 20 million

Ultra cheap right now...  Wink

ahh thanks. Thought POW was over and final count was different from the ANN.
Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 09:47:45 AM

Saw this in the OP:
"Beta version with native in-client realtime trading released"
Only I cannot find this beta version in github. So who is testing this and where would I be able to download that wallet?
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:07:55 AM

Its a very good price to get in !!!
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:13:58 AM

Saw this in the OP:
Only I cannot find this beta version in github. So who is testing this and where would I be able to download that wallet?

Last update on github was 26 days ago?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Frigga77

Activity: 379

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:39:44 AM

Saw this in the OP:

Last update on github was 26 days ago?

Yes, that was uploaded on the release date I think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: