Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:37:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex  (Read 436019 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:21:44 AM

Done right, there is no reason why VTR cannot be uploaded to download.com, softpedia, etc.

That's free marketing to millions of potential users  Wink
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:34:58 AM

Done right, there is no reason why VTR cannot be uploaded to download.com, softpedia, etc.

That's free marketing to millions of potential users  Wink

Good thinking.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:56:21 AM

That's free marketing to millions of potential users  Wink

Good thinking.

That would be funny if VTR had more downloads than Litecoin or who knows, Bitcoin  Grin

Right about now, you want to be pulling the sell orders or raising them to 0.0008
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:36:11 AM

Good thinking.

That would be funny if VTR had more downloads than Litecoin or who knows, Bitcoin  Grin

Right about now, you want to be pulling the sell orders or raising them to 0.0008

That made me think, A lot more people use torrents than crypto, this copuld be huge for crypto, could bring a flood of new people into the fold Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:54:47 AM

Good thinking.

That made me think, A lot more people use torrents than crypto, this copuld be huge for crypto, could bring a flood of new people into the fold Smiley

Actually, it's not just that more people use torrents, its more of the right type of people who use torrents that would also be ideal for crypto. It's actually a great natural fit.

If you can use a torrent, you can use a crypto wallet.  We probably need a dogecoin type meme right about now.

The deal with torrents is that they are viral. The network effect is strong with them. VTR could find a way to reach mass audiences in a way that chasing after retailers just hasn't happened for Bitcoin.

VTR could make consumers switch the way they use crypto and have it as part of their day-to-day lives, i.e. crypto could reach a tipping point for mainstream online use with a torrent app driving adoption.

From small acorns........
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:22:22 PM

The competition has this payment method:

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:06:07 PM

Good thinking.

Actually, it's not just that more people use torrents, its more of the right type of people who use torrents that would also be ideal for crypto. It's actually a great natural fit.

If you can use a torrent, you can use a crypto wallet.  We probably need a dogecoin type meme right about now.

The deal with torrents is that they are viral. The network effect is strong with them. VTR could find a way to reach mass audiences in a way that chasing after retailers just hasn't happened for Bitcoin.

VTR could make consumers switch the way they use crypto and have it as part of their day-to-day lives, i.e. crypto could reach a tipping point for mainstream online use with a torrent app driving adoption.

Your right the right type of people use torrents and it would be easy to shift over to crypto, it would be easy gap to bridge.

I like the idea of a meme like doge, but how would you start one?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:26:19 PM

Good thinking.

Your right the right type of people use torrents and it would be easy to shift over to crypto, it would be easy gap to bridge.

I like the idea of a meme like doge, but how would you start one?

What do memes have to do with anything?
TBH more people would avoid a torrent client/investment because of memes than would sign up.

What you need is people who explain how to use the software EASILY on day one (YouTube tutorials, wiki/proper documentation); at the moment it is still confusing as there are no vtorrent specific instructions (i'm sure that will be cleared up closer to launch).

That is what the main problem is with cryptocurrencies--not memes, but accessibility. Almost all currencies/wallets I've used so far have had extremely poor documentation, for instance when googling "ripple wallet" you can only find a link to the actual wallet for windows hidden on some knowledge base article in an obscure way.

What should happen is people hear about vtr through word of mouth and google it, will the first results they see be helpful and make the software easy to use or will they just be filler information with memes?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:15:00 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 05:52:15 PM by coins101

I'm quite cynical really. I agree that memes are a waste of space. But you can't argue the facts. Dogecoin became popular because of a stupid dog meme.

"Many of the most famous ad icons were the brainchild of one agency: Chicago-based Leo Burnett Co., which specialized in building brands through the use of enormously popular characters, including the most effective icon of all time, the Marlboro Man."

http://adage.com/article/special-report-the-advertising-century/ad-age-advertising-century-top-10-icons/140157/

As crypto is all about decentralisation and not relying on a central point of trust or authority, my meme choices, if it helps shift a few VTR downloads, would be one of:

V For Victory.

or

or

No one has to agree on anything being official in crypto land.

Give me a wallet working, and I will youtube a guide to using it.  I might even hire a glamour model to do it.
**D!ABLO**

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:57:45 PM

Some one likes this coin. 1 million just purchased on Bittrex. That's a large chunk of total supply.
Frazazel

Activity: 340

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 09:00:12 PM

how long does it take to get interest from stake  Huh

https://crypto-income.eu (where crypto become's your income)
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:02:28 PM

Looking for extra suggestions for an article before I ping one over to cointelegraph  Wink
oktogen

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:06:51 PM

Some one likes this coin. 1 million just purchased on Bittrex. That's a large chunk of total supply.

Not really, someone bought his own coins (thanks to beta.bittrex you can see distribution)
**D!ABLO**

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:15:14 PM

Not really, someone bought his own coins (thanks to beta.bittrex you can see distribution)
They have not all ended up in one wallet though, or am I not seeing it correct?
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:25:17 PM

Doesn't look good:

Not much buy support either. I'll wait for 300-400 sats
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:35:15 PM

Doesn't look good:

I think everyone is waiting for the dev to produce the new wallet before they move in.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:36:01 PM

maybe today?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:39:32 PM

Doesn't look good:

What makes you think you'll get that wish?

Why doesn't it look good? I'm on that list. I haven't mined a single coin. I bought at market value.
**D!ABLO**

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:45:16 PM

Doesn't look good:

Why doesn't it look good? I'm on that list. I haven't mined a single coin. I bought at market value.
Look fair to me too.
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:09:21 PM

Doesn't look good:

Same here I bough all my coins for around 300 ish satoshi.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: