Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:17:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg  (Read 541858 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 06:43:33 PM

I have 1 question for the Dev, you run an exchange yourself, why not run Bitbay completely yourself on your own exchange at Bitbay.net?, would solve all the problems.

Oh people always get confused with that. I do not run BitBay exchange. That is a Polish company that was founded at the same time. Although we had more recognition than they did in the beginning. There was a lot of recommendations to rebrand but we never did as exchanges come and go. This was stated many times on our forums actually. Now with that said it would be nice if we did have a cash cow because if we had that kind of cash flow we wouldn't be in this situation.

And thanks for clearing that up, I know you have been a supporter. Just was clarifying that we have done everything possible. Honestly, even I have lost some faith. Not in the ideas or the tech but just in the consumers and crypto space. It's really hard to stay motivated after everything we have been through.

Thanks for explaining, they are not interested in taking on Bitbay? would be perfect with the same name and all. I was very frustrated with all that is going on but I  still have faith Bitbay will rise up again from the ashes like the phoenix!!!  Grin Cool

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BubbleButtBabe

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2020, 08:02:23 PM

La token have been quite impressive in some ways actually.

The didnt steal the Bitbay funds. They put in the work and their support is excellent with the live chat.
I guess this is just a very complex set up.
I don't claim to understand what is required their end.

They keep making changes and. today so let's give them some time.
So far I think they are pretty good.  Exchanges like poloniex would have wallets of for months for bugs.
I think we should certainly not be too critical too early.
If they are tech savvy they will certainly see the clear potential of this project hence why they have probably put quite and bit of time and effort so far. 

Bitbay needs to become 100% self reliant. This project has been crushed by 3rd party problem and decisions everytime.
We need an internal exchange. A simple Bitbay to btc or ltc/dodge exchange would be fine. Or at a minimum get with Blocknet.
However better to have it in house.
The project cannot build any real value momentum until we stop hitting 3rd party bumps every time we get slightly moving.
Perhaps the 20 cent default was a bit much in this market. Perhaps 5 cents default to get rolling with some volume.

I think with a polished and fully functioning web wallet it is worth a dollar but we need to get some awareness first.

Plus the community is tiny and has no real clue how to expand. Huge momentum can still be achieved on this forum
But for sure you want a stable exchange and easy to use web wallet before pushing it out there too hard.

Let's give latoken a chance they have done okay and way better than any other exchange that we have tried to work with recently

Do we have any coders that can take a look ove their code? I mean we have the Peg working our own test exchange for a year?

Lets not panic. Hopefully they will give it more time to get it sorted.
shaydinblue

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 06:32:07 AM
Merited by cryptohunter (1)

^^ I agree completely

There's no reason to panic about Latoken; Rome wasn't built in a day, or a week or a even a month. The devs probably are not able to give 100% of their attention to our project. And there the whole pandemic thing going on and we have no idea how that is affecting Latoken's operations or impacting their employees in whatever location they in. I don't believe we are anywhere close to the point where we should be concerned latoken is trying to steal.

Also i can see how it would be really confusing if something went wrong. From the wallet i have now way that I know of to tell what my frozen/liquid/reserve balances we on any given date and any given time. I tried to verify that latoken re-balanced my account correctly but ultimately it got too confusing because i could see a record of my deposits, trades and withdrawals, but it gets super complex trying to figure how many of my liquid coins were turned to reserve and when and if that was reflected in the reserve balance or whatever when my trade history is pages and pages long looking at two different coins. This is complex stuff. And then they also have to make sure the liquidity mixing doesn't screw anyone over. They have a lot on their plate. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and give them more time to get things figured out.

Getting an in house exchange would be definitely be the best move. It'll just take time, the team is small and resources are limited. As long as we keep chugging along, everything is going to work out. Blocknet would also be great and I think its just a matter of time with that.

This is an awesome project and most of us will be here for the long haul and someday, in the not too distant future, the weak hands who decided to bail on what they thought was a sinking ship will be banging their heads against the wall like Homer Simpson going DOH! DOH! DOH! while the rest of our fortunes rise with the massive tide that will lift this project up to higher and higher highs. BITBAY IS THE FUTURE OF MARKETS! Can I get a hell yeah?
tradersnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 11:05:48 AM
Merited by cr197 (2)

^^ I agree completely

There's no reason to panic about Latoken; Rome wasn't built in a day, or a week or a even a month. The devs probably are not able to give 100% of their attention to our project. And there the whole pandemic thing going on and we have no idea how that is affecting Latoken's operations or impacting their employees in whatever location they in. I don't believe we are anywhere close to the point where we should be concerned latoken is trying to steal.

Also i can see how it would be really confusing if something went wrong. From the wallet i have now way that I know of to tell what my frozen/liquid/reserve balances we on any given date and any given time. I tried to verify that latoken re-balanced my account correctly but ultimately it got too confusing because i could see a record of my deposits, trades and withdrawals, but it gets super complex trying to figure how many of my liquid coins were turned to reserve and when and if that was reflected in the reserve balance or whatever when my trade history is pages and pages long looking at two different coins. This is complex stuff. And then they also have to make sure the liquidity mixing doesn't screw anyone over. They have a lot on their plate. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and give them more time to get things figured out.

Getting an in house exchange would be definitely be the best move. It'll just take time, the team is small and resources are limited. As long as we keep chugging along, everything is going to work out. Blocknet would also be great and I think its just a matter of time with that.

This is an awesome project and most of us will be here for the long haul and someday, in the not too distant future, the weak hands who decided to bail on what they thought was a sinking ship will be banging their heads against the wall like Homer Simpson going DOH! DOH! DOH! while the rest of our fortunes rise with the massive tide that will lift this project up to higher and higher highs. BITBAY IS THE FUTURE OF MARKETS! Can I get a hell yeah?

Hell yeah!  Cool
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 11:18:28 AM

Thanks everyone, yeah we will keep moving forward. I really wish I could wave a magic wand and the liquid marketcap would be in the billions. However, the actual moves will be a grind. And that's okay, we have done it before. We know our focus, angles, exchanges, etc. And very soon our web wallet will be updated.
raisinbran

Activity: 64
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 12:47:52 PM

This was posted on Slack this morning:

Alysea   1:53 AM
Dear BitBay community,

On behalf of LATOKEN, we apologise for the delay with the reopening of trading.
We had planned to reopen trading in the previous week but unfortunately some new bugs sneaked in.
Thanks to the help of BAY community, we have been able to find these bugs and fix them.
Sadly this Monday, additional new bugs have been identified and need to be fixed.

Currently user balances should have been fixed. Two issues remain, one related to the opening of trading, the other related to BAYR deposits not being credited.
We are focusing on reopening trading first. Once this will be done, we will work on tracking down the deposits issue.

We understand the frustration caused by these delays and we are sorry that it takes longer than expected.
Thank you for your understanding and patience while we fix these remaining issues.

Special thanks to the community members helping us with testing regularly to get rid of these nasty bugs!
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 02:21:33 PM

Dear BitBay community,

We had planned to reopen trading in the previous week but unfortunately some new bugs sneaked in.
Thanks to the help of BAY community, we have been able to find these bugs and fix them.
Sadly this Monday, additional new bugs have been identified and need to be fixed.

Currently user balances should have been fixed. Two issues remain, one related to the opening of trading, the other related to BAYR deposits not being credited.
We are focusing on reopening trading first. Once this will be done, we will work on tracking down the deposits issue.

We understand the frustration caused by these delays and we are sorry that it takes longer than expected.
Thank you for your understanding and patience while we fix these remaining issues.

Special thanks to the community members helping us with testing regularly to get rid of these nasty bugs!

That's great news!!!  Grin Cool

BitBayDoc

Activity: 193

View Profile
April 28, 2020, 11:05:29 PM

Dear BitBay community,

Hell Yea!
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 08:36:46 PM

It appears as if LAToken decided it's too much hassle, even though we're almost there and they had already invested so much time.

What's our next step? Anybody?

Seems your (Sweat invested) statement turned out to be nothing, Latoken or another will all be the same, 3 exchanges have dropped Bitbay, I see the end in sight for this crypto  Sad

Sorry "lucky", Latoken did NOT drop Bay, check you facts before you post crap.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 04:39:22 PM

It appears as if LAToken decided it's too much hassle, even though we're almost there and they had already invested so much time.

Seems your (Sweat invested) statement turned out to be nothing, Latoken or another will all be the same, 3 exchanges have dropped Bitbay, I see the end in sight for this crypto  Sad

I apologize for that statement, was very frustrated with Latoken.

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 05:15:36 AM

I apologize for that statement, was very frustrated with Latoken.

We all are, however we should meditate on the issue of depending on 3rd party services. We will eventually find a permanent home on a DEX. Just a matter of time. We will keep persisting. Exchanges are the weak link. The large cover charges, the gatekeeping, the exit scams. We have to always have alternatives.
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 06:04:39 PM

Trading is reopened on Latoken but the wallets still do not function, cannot deposit or withdraw Bitbay  Sad, Hopefully they will resolve the wallet issue soon.

tradersnow

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 11:38:16 PM

Trading is reopened on Latoken but the wallets still do not function, cannot deposit or withdraw Bitbay  Sad, Hopefully they will resolve the wallet issue soon.

Yeah they are still doing some testing and are working out bugs. If all goes well then deposits will be open here soon.   Cool
tradersnow

View Profile
May 08, 2020, 09:42:59 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2020, 10:28:31 PM by tradersnow

BAY and BAYR deposits are now open on LA Token - with no limits.  Smiley
LuckyLeprachaun

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 11:28:44 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2020, 11:41:27 PM by LuckyLeprachaun

Withdrawals are still not working  Angry Angry Angry

BitBayDoc

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 11, 2020, 10:28:59 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2020, 01:46:47 AM by BitBayDoc

It looks like the Marketplace is cleared out from the old stuff prior to launch at LA Token.

BAY is really set to Rock & Roll - Buy/Sell Anything, Custom Contracts, Buy/Sell Coins, Barter/Trade, Find a Job, Hire Someone - templates are all up and working. And it's ALL FREE to enterprising individuals.

Let's get some enterprising folks on there who don't want to pay the huge fees on Ebay, etc. to buy and sell their Precious Metals (PM's), etc.

Cheers!
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 09:57:54 AM

Withdrawals are still not working  Angry Angry Angry

Balances are still be adjusted on the exchange for some people.
Once they complete the balances adjustments, then withdrawals will be available again

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
cr197

Activity: 304
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 10:11:26 AM

It looks like the Marketplace is cleared out from the old stuff prior to launch at LA Token.

BAY is really set to Rock & Roll - Buy/Sell Anything, Custom Contracts, Buy/Sell Coins, Barter/Trade, Find a Job, Hire Someone - templates are all up and working. And it's ALL FREE to enterprising individuals.

Let's get some enterprising folks on there who don't want to pay the huge fees on Ebay, etc. to buy and sell their Precious Metals (PM's), etc.

Cheers!

We have been successfully testing the latest QT wallet version.
The new version is needed to allow for the Web Wallet to work correctly with the peg!

Will give an update on the release as soon as yshurik finishes the last bit of coding!

"Dishonour is like a scar on a tree, which time, instead of effacing, only helps to enlarge."
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 01:36:16 PM

have you not changed the name of this coin to SnoreBay yet?

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
tradersnow

View Profile
May 12, 2020, 02:23:02 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2020, 11:56:02 PM by tradersnow

have you not changed the name of this coin to SnoreBay yet?

Piston Honda... your commitment to trolling this thread over the years makes me wonder how deep your love for BAY really goes  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 »
  Print  

Jump to: