Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Halcyon v1.1.1.0 ~ NeoScrypt PoW and up to 100% PoS  (Read 73222 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:45:59 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 10:09:34 PM by ph4nt0m

I don't think any single person owns 70% or even 50% of HAL. In addition, I'm not the largest whale here most likely. Why am I supposed to sell cheap now if I bought my coins high before the previous dev fucked up? I didn't instamine anything.

Halcyons market cap is now $4908. But the real value of halcyon is much lower and equal to the combined buy orders. Halcyons true value is at this time is 0,3325 btc, or $93,1.

So if I put a 10 BTC buy order at 100 sats or even lower, it will boost the real value of HAL? You gotta be kidding me.
ph4nt0m

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:27:44 PM

BTW thanks to those who dumped today thru my buy orders. I donated your 10k HAL straight to the dev.

TXID 1f8dbf4a09c7d00e3dfc7efff778c957b0fc8847c0892d518ddf724840c783d8
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:50:10 PM

I don't think any single person owns 70% or even 50% of HAL. In addition, I'm not the largest whale here most likely. Why am I supposed to sell cheap now if I bought my coins high before the previous dev fucked up? I didn't instamine anything.

Halcyons market cap is now $4908. But the real value of halcyon is much lower and equal to the combined buy orders. Halcyons true value is at this time is 0,3325 btc, or $93,1.

So if I put a 10 BTC buy order at 100 sats or even lower, it will boost the real value of HAL? You gotta be kidding me.

The only thing that would boost the value of HAL, immediately, would be you reducing your holdings to 20% max. and distributing the rest to all the rest of the wallets having 1,000 HAL or more. Noting else will save this coin.

I know, like fayoling, you will not do it, so look at the future revisiting what happened to SeedCoin.
ph4nt0m

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:57:39 AM

The only thing that would boost the value of HAL, immediately, would be you reducing your holdings to 20% max. and distributing the rest to all the rest of the wallets having 1,000 HAL or more. Noting else will save this coin.

I know, like fayoling, you will not do it, so look at the future revisiting what happened to SeedCoin.

Moving coins from one wallet to another never boosts any value. There are many things which can improve this coin and giving away large amounts of coins isn't one of them. Those who get them will dump immediately without giving it a second thought. OTOH if every holder donates a share of his holdings or its value in BTC to the dev, it will motivate him very much in making HAL a success. Something tells me it won't happen. Talks are cheap. Barabbas, how much did you donate towards the development? Maybe contributed in other sizeable ways personally? Nothing, right?
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:05:13 AM

It would. Current "moneysupply" : 2336535

Buy orders on cryptsy are now for a total amount of 1193511.026 and 0.17341139 btc.

If you put a 10 btc buy order at 100 sats it would create a floor price of 100 satoshi and a exit point for every hal. It would actually be enough with a 2,29 btc buy order. And the total value of hal would increase to 2,41 btc.

Edit: One more observation. There is very little hal for sale. Up to 3795 satoshi (the 100 visible sell orders at cryptsy)  there is only 34410 coins for sale for a total of 0.495 btc. So 0.495 btc would actually bring the price up 732%.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 07:59:25 AM

Moving coins from one wallet to another never boosts any value. There are many things which can improve this coin and giving away large amounts of coins isn't one of them. Those who get them will dump immediately without giving it a second thought. OTOH if every holder donates a share of his holdings or its value in BTC to the dev, it will motivate him very much in making HAL a success. Something tells me it won't happen. Talks are cheap. Barabbas, how much did you donate towards the development? Maybe contributed in other sizeable ways personally? Nothing, right?

I knew and so posted, that you would not do it. OK by me. your 70% is worth absolutely nothing, no matter what you give to the dev, no matter if you put bells and a huge ribbon in it. Value: a big, fat ZERO.

On the other hand, I guarantee you that, without anything else -and there would be a lot to talk about in terms of ideas and projects-, if you give away over 2/3s of what you own, the rest, still above 20% of all HAL, will be worth SOMETHING. Something significant. Guaranteed. In any case, not much cost in putting it to a test, is there? If you are right and I am wrong, you still will have nothing in value, the same big, fat ZERO. If, on the other hand, I am right -and I know I am-, your 20% would be worth a very significant amount of money. That is with the dev not doing nothing. If the dev receives, as logically he will, the corresponding part of those 2/3s you give away, he will also make money and would be considerably more interested than he can possibly be now.

Please don't take this as intent on my part to convince you. I know better. By experience. Greed, in itself, is blind and quite stupid. In all cases. I gave you a clear exaMPLE OF A COIN DESTROYED BY THE GREED OF FAYOLING,  a great project once still tainted by him. He sunk SEED, precisely for the same situation we have here and let me tell you he was more than motivated to make it successful. And he can code. And has collaborators who bring features of all kinds to the table -even clumsy trading bots-. So I know you wont do it and will have this ultimately completely dead, as it is already, therefore not trying to convoince you of anything.

For added information, I don't even look at the price of this any longer for I know it isn't true for if you were trying to sell any amount you wouldn't get even the 1,000 sat. I wrote it out as a total loss long time ago. I just remember that, when I first invested in this project, it was a very promising one and was able, and lucky enough, to get out on time, without much damage for the most part, so why would I be interested in HAL -or anyone, for that matter-, when the value of this is nil and we could invest, donate of otherwise engage on other promoting activities, in dozens of other projects with fair distribution and not one individual holding 80% of it? It would be absurd, wouldn't it?

Almost as absurd as donating EVEN is Vitalik were to take in this coin as active, lead developer. Halcyon is very much dead, and you, dear boy, are the only remaining reason for it.
ph4nt0m

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:15:30 AM

I knew and so posted, that you would not do it. OK by me. your 70% is worth absolutely nothing, no matter what you give to the dev, no matter if you put bells and a huge ribbon in it. Value: a big, fat ZERO.

Dude, I had maybe 10% when the previous dev left and about 20% now thru staking and occasional buying. I said it earlier that I'm not the largest HAL whale, but you stick to this 70% bullshit. I could also write my bag off a long time ago, but I'll better give it a spin because it's still a good coin speaking technically. The fact you didn't make a single contribution to HAL after the takeover tells the real story. You are here to make rants rather than help.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 04:18:56 PM

3 community members have donated 21K HAL towards the development this year. I appreciate your contribution, thank you very much.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
griffen1102

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:51:14 PM

The way people trade alts not is by setting low buys in markets where the sheep haven't checked yet because volume is relatively low all around. Accum. and once the numbers are right then the price flys. As long as we're still active and support ghost then it will happen. Ive been saying it our market is primed right now because we have low total supply and people have been dumping decent amounts of coins into someones pockets at these low prices.
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 01:45:31 PM

Wow, price is tanking. Thanks for the cheap coins!
griffen1102

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:37:02 PM

Wow, price is tanking. Thanks for the cheap coins!

redistribution Wink
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 08:47:50 AM

I'm getting together a list of suggestions for the next wallet release. What would you like to get improved?

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
ph4nt0m

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:48:59 PM

I'm getting together a list of suggestions for the next wallet release. What would you like to get improved?

Working wallet repair with some GUI integration. These orphans are annoying.
kevin1234a
Legendary

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 04:59:44 AM

Dev which thread is current if this thread is not being updated oftenly by you than please lock it, since today i found another much heavier thread about this coin

ph4nt0m

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:33:27 PM

Dev which thread is current if this thread is not being updated oftenly by you than please lock it, since today i found another much heavier thread about this coin

New dev, new thread. What's the problem?
griffen1102

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:07:00 PM

New dev, new thread. What's the problem?

You are probably viewing the old Halcyon thread which was a Metcalf scam, this thread is the community takeover revitalized Halcyon with a new algo and ghostlander is the current dev. In fact is there someone we could talk to about locking the old thread?
kevin1234a
Legendary

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 03:02:24 AM

You are probably viewing the old Halcyon thread which was a Metcalf scam, this thread is the community takeover revitalized Halcyon with a new algo and ghostlander is the current dev. In fact is there someone we could talk to about locking the old thread?

appreciate clarifying it actually this what was my understanding that ghostlander is the real dev of this coin Smiley i didnt go through all the pages

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 09:24:47 PM

So, anything in the pipeline?

If you're asking about the development, watch my GitHub.

BTW, is there any demand for an IRC client integration into the wallet?

griffen1102

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:48:37 PM

I think that would be a good idea. It would give the people here a more direct channel to chat instead of the forums.
ph4nt0m

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:15:42 PM

I think that would be a good idea. It would give the people here a more direct channel to chat instead of the forums.

Forums are better because they're visible to everyone. Make it easy for outsiders to evaluate community size and activity level, to report issues and solve them, etc. IRC is just for talks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: