Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:17:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Halcyon v1.1.1.0 ~ NeoScrypt PoW and up to 100% PoS  (Read 73196 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:45:58 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2021, 01:16:20 AM by ghostlander

Halcyon v1.1.1.0

(15-Sep-2021)

no pre-mine and no ICO

PoW mining never ends

~10M HAL in circulation currently

32-bit Windows GUI client

64-bit Windows GUI client

64-bit Linux GUI client & daemon

MacOS X GUI client

Source code

Twitter

Facebook

Web Site

Block Explorer

NeoScrypt CPU and GPU miners

CPUminer (source code and binaries)

CCminer (source code and binaries)

NSGminer (source code and binaries)

NSGminer: The Fastest NeoScrypt GPU Miner

Exchanges

FreiExchange (HAL/BTC)

Specifications

advanced hybrid proof-of-work (PoW) and proof-of-stake (PoS)
fixed rate of 20% PoW blocks and 80% PoS blocks

block hashing is BLAKE2s
PoW hashing is NeoScrypt
PoS hashing is SHA-256d

2 minutes combined block target (2.5 minutes for PoS, 10 minutes for PoW)
retargets every block using Orbitcoin Super Shield (OSS)
time warp and instamining protection
advanced checkpointing against 51% attacks
PoW block reward is fixed at 5 HAL
PoS block reward is up to 100% per year (5 HAL max.)
coin age for PoS: 0.5 days min. to 7.5 days max.
10 confirmations for regular transactions
50 confirmations for minted coins
very low transaction fees
the default P2P port is 21108, RPC port is 21109
I2P/Tor ready

Example halcyon.conf
irc=1
daemon=1
server=1
staking=1
logtimestamps=1
sse2=1
minersleep=2000
stakecombine=500
stakesplit=1000
port=21108
rpcport=21109
rpcuser=someuser
rpcpassword=somepassword
addnode=seed0.halcyon.top:21108
addnode=seed1.halcyon.top:21108

The original announcement thread:

[ANN] Halcyon - x15 POW/POS - 2 Weeks Mining - News UpComing - Ninja - Start Now

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:46:49 PM

Wat? Why?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 06:57:02 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 07:20:24 AM by ghostlander

Wat? Why?

Why not? The community of this coin isn't dead.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 07:16:06 PM

I don't understand why you switch the Algo at or after the end of the (profitable) PoW Phase, IIRC (If I Remember Correctly) the Block Reward is now 5 HAL per Block and was like > 250 HAL per Block when first mined, so with the new NeoScrypt Algo people would mine for 5 Coins a Block.

Don't you think any other feature would "push" the coin more other than switching the Algo ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 05:52:21 AM

I don't understand why you switch the Algo at or after the end of the (profitable) PoW Phase, IIRC (If I Remember Correctly) the Block Reward is now 5 HAL per Block and was like > 250 HAL per Block when first mined, so with the new NeoScrypt Algo people would mine for 5 Coins a Block.

Don't you think any other feature would "push" the coin more other than switching the Algo ?

The PoW phase has been finished by block #20K originally. There is no pre-mine and no ICO, but what you say a profitable PoW phase is a well played instamine. I don't like 100% PoS coins and instamined releases when only insiders and a small number of outsiders are able to participate in highly profitable mining before it's over. Small reward without any time restrictions is much better.

Well, it's not my intention to play this coin for a good dump, but what features do you suggest to add?

ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:11:38 AM

Let it ride! High stakes are cool Smiley
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

hmm nice move but market is in alert of delisting on trex..
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 02:45:23 PM

This is a good indicator why this coin needs changes. I've done my part, the rest depends on community.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:25:21 PM

This is a good indicator why this coin needs changes. I've done my part, the rest depends on community.

And you are?
Havelivi

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:38:57 PM

can you explain about future plan for it?
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 07:32:00 PM

The plan #1 is not to fall dead. I don't want to decide on my own and take all responsibility. I don't even own any sizeable part of HAL. The community should contribute to the decision making process rather than waiting for another P&D. I'm listening.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:19:58 PM

The plan #1 is not to fall dead. I don't want to decide on my own and take all responsibility. I don't even own any sizeable part of HAL. The community should contribute to the decision making process rather than waiting for another P&D. I'm listening.

First of all who are you? This is the second time I am asking and you don't seem willing to volunteer that information. Without that, there's no credibility whatsoever so why would the community support you? The coin is technically dead so any efforts to "revive" it is just an exercise in futility unless there's total transparency and a plan. A waste of time.

So lets start at the beginning or forget about the whole thing, who are you? Full name. Full transparency. Otherwise I am going to just assume you are just another scammer, maybe even Dan Metcalf himself.

Edit to add: Oh and it is IMPERATIVE, absolutely sine qua non, that the official thread of the new Halcyon be UNCENSORED. The opposite of this one, is that perfectly clear. Otherwise I reaffirm again: You are trying to scam people, no two-ways around it.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:33:28 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 08:45:54 PM by ghostlander

First of all who are you? This is the second time I am asking and you don't seem willing to volunteer that information. Without that, there's no credibility whatsoever so why would the community support you? The coin is technically dead so any efforts to "revive" it is just an exercise in futility unless there's total transparency and a plan. A waste of time.

I don't think I owe you a detailed explanation of who I am. What really matters is that I can code and not interested in scamming. I also don't see a queue of developers volunteering to revive this coin, with a plan or without. Therefore the choice of a developer to support is rather simple. This coin is far from dead technically as I can see.

So lets start at the beginning or forget about the whole thing, who are you? Full name. Full transparency. Otherwise I am going to just assume you are just another scammer, maybe even Dan Metcalf himself.

Edit to add: Oh and it is IMPERATIVE, absolutely sine qua non, that the official thread of the new Halcyon be UNCENSORED. The opposite of this one, is that perfectly clear. Otherwise I reaffirm again: You are trying to scam people, no two-ways around it.

If you've got a problem with Dan Metcalf, that's none of my business actually. Am I supposed to care what you assume to the greatest extent of your imagination? Make a try though, impress the audience how I'm going to scam them on this coin without access to any pre-mine, instamine, ICO, etc.?

This thread is self-moderated for the only reason of not allowing certain people to spam it or derail into nonsense.

MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:10:07 AM

Hello
Please give us some info about yourself and your previous works..your name, are you code along or have support?
POD?
What do we may expect from you?
mobile wallet?
market?
 Huh

You can rent this space
Jerrietg

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:12:28 AM

Hello
Please give us some info about yourself and your previous works..your name, are you code along or have support?
POD?
mobile wallet?
market?
 Huh

you can see here i think
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741728.0
old coin with new thread
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:21:23 AM

Hello
POD?
mobile wallet?
market?
 Huh

you can see here i think
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741728.0
old coin with new thread
ghostlander
to introduce himself..

You can rent this space
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:38:19 AM

I don't think I owe you a detailed explanation of who I am. What really matters is that I can code and not interested in scamming. I also don't see a queue of developers volunteering to revive this coin, with a plan or without. Therefore the choice of a developer to support is rather simple. This coin is far from dead technically as I can see.

If you've got a problem with Dan Metcalf, that's none of my business actually. Am I supposed to care what you assume to the greatest extent of your imagination? Make a try though, impress the audience how I'm going to scam them on this coin without access to any pre-mine, instamine, ICO, etc.?

This thread is self-moderated for the only reason of not allowing certain people to spam it or derail into nonsense.

Of course I have a problem with Metcalf: same I have with every mf scammer.

You dont owe me anything... unless you ask for my support. If you do, you owe me TOTAL transparency. Without community support, this dies. You think you will get it with your attitude?  By my guest.

If you are not here to scam why are you here, behind the mask? You can try bs in your answer but, again, good luch with that.

Like the bs -textbook raw, smoking, unadulterated- about the censored thread. Good luck with that too.

I wouldnt support you, under the circumstances, if my life would depend on it.

But good luck with that anyway.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:11:53 PM

Hello
POD?
mobile wallet?
market?
 Huh

You see two quite old coins in my signature under my development. I've also designed NeoScrypt. I don't think I'll make much money with HAL if any. The reason why I've fixed this coin because a community member has approached me with an offer. Accepted it because owed him a kind of favour. After all, I don't beg anyone to support me. You can stay with the old developer on the old chain or dump your coins now for nothing. That's a pretty clear alternative.

Mobile wallet is a good thing to have in general, but I think a working block explorer is more important. Have you noticed the previous developer has taken down his block explorer a week ago or so? I have also deployed a few seed nodes for HAL at my own expence to keep the network in one piece. It includes a master node for block checkpointing the previous developer never cared to set up. I don't see anyone saying thanks for this.

Market is a waste of time and money. My experience tells it's a sure failure for small volatile altcoins. If you want merchants, approach them one by one. You can also try to get signed by a payment processor like CoinPayments or LitePaid. The last news I've heard CoinPayments charges $250 for every 90 days of service. Any volunteers to pay this fee?

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:37:50 PM

You simply don't get it. Can't get it. It's ok. You are going to need quite a bit of luck.

Repaying a sort of friend a sort of favor IS payment. For normal individuals.

I believe you are sort of normal, but can be quite wrong about that.

MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:22:18 PM

ok
tell us what is the plan?
bittrex is still on old fork? you need community to support you..
What do you planing with this coin?

You can rent this space
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: