Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:26:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Halcyon v1.1.1.0 ~ NeoScrypt PoW and up to 100% PoS  (Read 73191 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:56:20 AM

Smiley Nice, now we have to create more demand for this coin, and it only can be done with services, gambling and a real usage for the coin, dev do you have some ideas what to do next?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 02:11:08 AM

Smiley Nice, now we have to create more demand for this coin, and it only can be done with services, gambling and a real usage for the coin, dev do you have some ideas what to do next?

Being listed on a solvent exchange wouldn't hurt either.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2015, 01:09:32 AM

If you know any decent gambling sites accepting small altcoins like HAL in a fair way, let's do it.

It was traded on Bittrex for a long time. Delisted due to low volume. After all, what exchange may be interested in HAL currently?

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 01:00:49 PM

I have open sourced my GPU miner. Delivers over 2x performance of the current SGminer.

NSGminer v0.9.0: The Fastest NeoScrypt GPU Miner

Happy New Year, folks!

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
kkemp102294

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 06:42:41 PM

I have open sourced my GPU miner. Delivers over 2x performance of the current SGminer.

NSGminer v0.9.0: The Fastest NeoScrypt GPU Miner

Happy New Year, folks!

Thanks! I have sent 1000 Halcyon to HCZBwpnpQnaNKLK6Whumbqnqy5XxH8EwQk

Keep up the great work!

kkemp102294

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:03:40 PM

If you know any decent gambling sites accepting small altcoins like HAL in a fair way, let's do it.

It was traded on Bittrex for a long time. Delisted due to low volume. After all, what exchange may be interested in HAL currently?

In my opinion the technical details of this coin and wallet are not understood. If a visual of how the PoW and PoS work, would be very beneficial in understanding what this coin really has to offer. An example of a visual that I can think of is the Diamond coin. I have been experimenting with different things and still have some questions about PoS:
  • What is the minimum number of coins needed to Mint?
  • What is the maximum number of coins in the wallet that is needed to Mint the maximum number coins efficiently?
  • What does the maximum number of days (7.5) really mean?
  • Should the coins be cycled out and back into the wallet after 7.5 days so the Minting process will start again or can the coins be left in the wallet and the Minting will continue?

These are some questions that I have, which may have been answered elsewhere, but I just haven't found the answer.

This coin is mechanized to be an awesome investment coin if properly marketed and properly invested. Where else in the world is it possible to have 100% reinvest on a current investment?
This wallet transfers funds very fast.

In my opinion if this coin had an iOS and Android wallet (similar to the Bread wallet) this would also attract more users.

Some areas of usage that are possible for use would be with in game money similar to the DigiByte coin and the game League of Legends. I think other types of games might be able to use this technology. In my opinion gearing the coin towards gambling is not the best choice.

A marketing campaign might be instrumental in spreading the word and hopefully this provides some ideas that might improve the usage of this coin.

ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 02:47:28 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2016, 03:04:55 PM by ph4nt0m

AFAIR there is no minimum or maximum, it all depends on difficulty and pure luck. For example, I solo mined a bunch of inputs 5 HAL each and left them in my wallet. I was kinda surprised to see them staking. If one hits a stake, it gets joined by 9 similarly sized inputs and a small interest like 1 HAL due to low weight producing an output of 51 HAL or something. So yeah, staking works even for small coins.

Weight stops increasing after 7.5 days. The coins just keep going with the max accumulated age until they stake.

I think some coins can be donated to gamers. I'm just not sure how to manage this process.
griffen1102

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:14:58 PM

A marketing campaign might be instrumental in spreading the word and hopefully this provides some ideas that might improve the usage of this coin.

I agree with this but really where do we start?
kkemp102294

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:23:28 PM

I agree with this but really where do we start?

I am not sure where to start either!  Huh

-- A dedicated website and possibly an official pool might be a starting point. (This does come with some cost and determining how to finance this might be a challenge unless someone knows of a web hosting site that might be interested in sponsoring Halcyon!  Smiley)
-- A Facebook and Twitter account for it might exist, but I don't know about that. (Maybe need to add a link for these)
-- A marketing strategy concentrating on the investment potential (I have a wallet that is staking well) at a return of about 15% annual return in the wallet, not in trading.
-- It might be cool if an article on Halcyon could be written on https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com that provides a history of the coin, explains the algorithm Neoscrypt, and explains the advantage of POW and POS. (This might be a good advertisement for Orbitcoin, Feathercoin, and Phoenixcoin as well!)

I am willing to assist if needed and if others are interested in promoting Halcyon.

kkemp102294

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:00:48 PM

AFAIR there is no minimum or maximum, it all depends on difficulty and pure luck. For example, I solo mined a bunch of inputs 5 HAL each and left them in my wallet. I was kinda surprised to see them staking. If one hits a stake, it gets joined by 9 similarly sized inputs and a small interest like 1 HAL due to low weight producing an output of 51 HAL or something. So yeah, staking works even for small coins.

Weight stops increasing after 7.5 days. The coins just keep going with the max accumulated age until they stake.

I think some coins can be donated to gamers. I'm just not sure how to manage this process.

Thanks that does provide some insight!

In my current wallet I have not split anything up and have coin control in automatic. Would it be better to manually control the coins to get better staking output?
I am currently getting 1 accepted stake for 5 coins each day for about 1825 or 18% annual return.  Shocked
I have over 10,000 coins in the wallet, so to get 100% PoS does that mean I should be staking ~27 coins each day?
I realize there is a lot of luck involved, but just trying to improve my probability of getting the maximum possible stake per day.

Thanks again!  Smiley

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 12:05:23 AM

100% PoS APR is the theoretical limit, your actual one will be lower. It depends by how much. I think those thresholds enabled by default in the wallet are fine (split if over 200 HAL, combine if below 100 HAL), however feel free to experiment with -stakesplit and -stakecombine.

There are links to our Twitter and Facebook in the OP, though there isn't much activity. No Reddit or Google+ currently. If anyone wants to take care of the Halcyon social media, I can give all necessary access rights. Just ask.

I can also put up a simple web site and host it, though we have yet to get a decent domain name.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 01:00:43 AM

It might be an idea for the near future to look into getting this coin launched onto another exchange just because with all the Cryptsy drama and what not I don't like how that's the only place where you can trade Halcyon right now Smiley Just saying......

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 02:13:14 AM

Would be great to get it listed by a solvent exchange with a good reputation like Cryptopia Wink

By the way, we have a domain name now, halcyon.top, paid for the next 2 years. Expect a new web site soon!

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:56:36 AM

Would be great to get it listed by a solvent exchange with a good reputation like Cryptopia Wink

By the way, we have a domain name now, halcyon.top, paid for the next 2 years. Expect a new web site soon!

Well good sir you let me know as soon as this coin has a website up and running and I'll be the first to submit it for voting at Cryptopia Wink I would love to see this coin there as well Cheesy Good coin people seemed to have forgotten about so would be nice to get some traction going for it Cheesy Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:59:27 PM

NSGminer v0.9.1 released with my NeoScrypt OpenCL kernel v6. Should be compatible with the latest AMD Catalyst drivers. Also delivers a little performance improvement over the previous release.

Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:11:55 PM

Well good sir you let me know as soon as this coin has a website up and running and I'll be the first to submit it for voting at Cryptopia Wink I would love to see this coin there as well Cheesy Good coin people seemed to have forgotten about so would be nice to get some traction going for it Cheesy Cheers

safecex.com write this guy's too

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 12:27:45 PM

Asked Bittrex to list HAL again, anyone else to do the same? Maybe tweet them @BittrexExchange?
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:06:30 PM

safecex also

will give 5000 DOT to help listing on cryptopia (more later if it looks possible)
only need 500k DOT but someone has to coordinate Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
psomas2

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 06:28:56 PM

Halcyon is tradeable on coinorium from now!

https://coinorium.com/market/39

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2016, 12:35:08 AM

interesting ...

definitely watching this thread ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: