Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 03:59:03 PM

Well, I assume he doesn't want to burn the coins because he is looking to get funds so that he is able to focus on development full time for a while.  The situation here is a bit unique as mining has begun already.

So, you have 6 million coins from the ICO correct?  How much investment were you hoping to raise?

The coin is sitting around 1000 satoshis at bittrex right now.  I don't know how this would work exactly or if bittrex would go for it as like I said, this is a unique situation, but how about bittrex freezes bitcredit trading temporarily, you put up the 6 million coins at 1000 satoshis for a week, whatever sells sells, whatever doesn't get burned.  If it sells out, you got 60 BTC to fund development.  The point to freezing trading would be so those who have some bitcredits already don't just start trading there coins under the 1000 satoshi mark and the ICO never gains any funding.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me a whole lot if you just sent all the coins there personally and ran the ICO without ever being an official ICO, but I could see that situation creating a lot of FUD and it might make bittrex pissy.

Definitely get onto doing this now though or you will end up needing to burn all the coins.  It isn't too big of a deal at this early stage in the mining but if you wait too long and too many mined coins are out in the wild being traded, you won't get to set the price for the ICO coins.  The market will have already established a price for bitcredits.

Yes i'd like to avoid burning the coins, and likely Bittrex would object to us doing that. The only way to avoid burning any of the coins is the ICO type i had suggested, ie for a period of time maybe a week or two people just send their coins to an address, we tally how much each person sent and we split all the coins between them. In order to increase trust in the whole process, we can involve a trusted escrow.

I actually dont have a target for the ICO, but 60 BTC is even too much the costs i forsee barely reach 40

high powered seednodes @ 0.2 BTC per month i want 5 for a year == 12 BTC

Development of a Android/iOS app== ?5 BTC

Public code review by a known proffesional - 5 BTC

I don't need any BTC so that should actually cover it. Any surplus will likely go into marketing and helping to get services like payment processors. Maybe get a paid developer to do some of the mundane stuff @ 0.1 BTC per week.

Quick update for those who are interested in my progress:-

the stats engine was returning accurate network data and calculating accurate trust  up to 3 months in advance. This marks a special step since i think the threshold for minimum trust should be 3 months that way people will be wary of abusing their accumulated trust since they'd have to start over and their relative trust rating would be so low that it wont be worth it.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:00:26 PM

You really need a mining pool set up. I would be willing to help get this set up or we can try getting one of the bigger pools to add BCR to their list.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455835.0

I would say that you wouldn't need a website. Github works perfectly.

I agree that we need a pool, please email support@ypool.net and ask them, i have been asking since the start of the new year. If we get enough emails to them, they will host a pool.

acarterczyz

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:14:09 PM

You really need a mining pool set up. I would be willing to help get this set up or we can try getting one of the bigger pools to add BCR to their list.

I agree that we need a pool, please email support@ypool.net and ask them, i have been asking since the start of the new year. If we get enough emails to them, they will host a pool.

Done. Hopefully we can get Ypool to get this set up.  Roll Eyes

Is there a Linux wallet?
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:28:24 PM

Done. Hopefully we can get Ypool to get this set up.  Roll Eyes

Is there a Linux wallet?

linux users compile for themselves since it has so any distros

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2015, 04:52:42 PM

Well, I assume he doesn't want to burn the coins because he is looking to get funds so that he is able to focus on development full time for a while.  The situation here is a bit unique as mining has begun already.

So, you have 6 million coins from the ICO correct?  How much investment were you hoping to raise?

The coin is sitting around 1000 satoshis at bittrex right now.  I don't know how this would work exactly or if bittrex would go for it as like I said, this is a unique situation, but how about bittrex freezes bitcredit trading temporarily, you put up the 6 million coins at 1000 satoshis for a week, whatever sells sells, whatever doesn't get burned.  If it sells out, you got 60 BTC to fund development.  The point to freezing trading would be so those who have some bitcredits already don't just start trading there coins under the 1000 satoshi mark and the ICO never gains any funding.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me a whole lot if you just sent all the coins there personally and ran the ICO without ever being an official ICO, but I could see that situation creating a lot of FUD and it might make bittrex pissy.

Definitely get onto doing this now though or you will end up needing to burn all the coins.  It isn't too big of a deal at this early stage in the mining but if you wait too long and too many mined coins are out in the wild being traded, you won't get to set the price for the ICO coins.  The market will have already established a price for bitcredits.

Yes i'd like to avoid burning the coins, and likely Bittrex would object to us doing that. The only way to avoid burning any of the coins is the ICO type i had suggested, ie for a period of time maybe a week or two people just send their coins to an address, we tally how much each person sent and we split all the coins between them. In order to increase trust in the whole process, we can involve a trusted escrow.

I actually dont have a target for the ICO, but 60 BTC is even too much the costs i forsee barely reach 40

high powered seednodes @ 0.2 BTC per month i want 5 for a year == 12 BTC

Development of a Android/iOS app== ?5 BTC

Public code review by a known proffesional - 5 BTC

I don't need any BTC so that should actually cover it. Any surplus will likely go into marketing and helping to get services like payment processors. Maybe get a paid developer to do some of the mundane stuff @ 0.1 BTC per week.

Quick update for those who are interested in my progress:-

the stats engine was returning accurate network data and calculating accurate trust  up to 3 months in advance. This marks a special step since i think the threshold for minimum trust should be 3 months that way people will be wary of abusing their accumulated trust since they'd have to start over and their relative trust rating would be so low that it wont be worth it.

Sounds good to me.  I'm not sure who to contact as an escrow though.  In my eyes, I have seen you here working on the coin, releasing updates and responding to problems as they arise everyday.  That is something I see few coins devs do.  You have my trust to go ahead with the ICO without an escrow, but many potential investors maybe put off by that.  You really only need an escrow for the BTC.  I'd say take down the ICO stuff you have in the ANN right now, and when a trusted escrow is found, he can create a BTC address solely for this ICO.  Then as soon as the ICO is over and everyone confirms they have received their bitcredits form you, the BTC can be released to you.  I say set it for a week, you have a decent group of followers who are watching this coin now who will probably buy in, I know I will.  The sooner the ICO is over the better as some strange market dynamics will begin to arise with the ICO and PoW mining running simultaneously.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 04:58:05 PM

Just read the post By EmpoEx. I will begin negotiations so we may quickly deal with this issue and i can get back to work.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:13:36 PM

Ok now it works, it was a problem of folders! Wink

thanks

Glad to hear

But I accidentally deleted my wallet and so I lost bcr 5000 !!! Cry

try recovery tools!

Already tried with recuva, but it does not work, does the same! Wink

Ah, ok. But if you have the time, use a linux installation with test disk.

Total money supply is only 80k...thats like 6% of all coins in existence. (minus the premine/ico)

Speaking of the ICO, I have suspended it for now. However the fact that it is still in my hands could make people jumpy. I do not want any controversy as that would take tie from development for me to start explaining.

How would all current users of Bitcredits feel about me putting up a cheap sell wall that everyone can buy at their own convenience?

It's either that or i negotiate with Bittrex and any other exchange that lists us so that they each hold a % of the ICO until we are ready. I really don't like the stigma and burden attached to holding such a huge amount when in actual fact circulated coin is far less. It would do wonders for trust and would really take an item of my list of worries.  

anytime you get a chance post your support in these threads

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824587.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431099.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=704759.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=867838.0

And in any other exchange threads you know
We would be able to help you with that.

EmpoEX

Thank you very much

Please let me know if you have any conditions for us to come to an agreement. If not, please let me know when you have a wallet ready and  post the address to receive the coins in the and I will send.

Looking forward to this

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:39:44 PM

Check it out, you lot need to come to http://weeklyponzi.com/ its way better than  CD and you can  5 times your investments just keep receiving and placeing them again at weeklyponzi im in profit for over 5 btc now! 100 btc gets you 30 btc in some hours. You can also watch the blockchain of the wallet paying out

JUST DON'T GAMBLE ON THE LAST DAY OF THIS WEEK AS YOU WILL BE LIKELY TO LOSE
K I'm reporting you buddy because this is like the 5th thread that I've posted in that you have posted this spamming link.  Now I hate to have to do this but we are here to discuss the coins not promote "Give me your coins and I'll give you double back Ponzi schemes"  Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:40:42 PM

Dude, it's a little late for an ICO.  People are already mining and the coin is on an exchange.  

The best thing you could do would be to take a premine and burn the rest of the coins.

If you wanted to do an ICO then you should never have allowed mining to start.  And besides the coin is already being traded on an exchange.  How do you have an ICO for a coin that is already being actively traded?  It won't work.

one of the most important issues with changing key instruments is that it must propagate in the network properly. i will make a decision by the end of he day and have the client out before 14:00 GMT.

this is very delicate and i wish to avoid multiple forking, as a result, all old clients will be disconnected the moment we switch to the new retargeting scheme.

it has been reported that the changes i want to make , while safer than introducing kgw or digishield, will likely result in wild swings in difficulty, as a result the gap needs to be smaller and the adjustments more fluid.

at block 8000 the reward is meant to skyrocket to 250 per block, a few people have told me it's too high, that instead i should increase the halving period but reduce the reward to 100. this will increase the value of the coins held by those who are mining now, while keeping an ample money supply.

i see the merits in the argument, but i'd like to hear from the miners themselves.

That is too high

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:42:25 PM

Dude, it's a little late for an ICO.  People are already mining and the coin is on an exchange.  

The best thing you could do would be to take a premine and burn the rest of the coins.

If you wanted to do an ICO then you should never have allowed mining to start.  And besides the coin is already being traded on an exchange.  How do you have an ICO for a coin that is already being actively traded?  It won't work.

one of the most important issues with changing key instruments is that it must propagate in the network properly. i will make a decision by the end of he day and have the client out before 14:00 GMT.

this is very delicate and i wish to avoid multiple forking, as a result, all old clients will be disconnected the moment we switch to the new retargeting scheme.

it has been reported that the changes i want to make , while safer than introducing kgw or digishield, will likely result in wild swings in difficulty, as a result the gap needs to be smaller and the adjustments more fluid.

at block 8000 the reward is meant to skyrocket to 250 per block, a few people have told me it's too high, that instead i should increase the halving period but reduce the reward to 100. this will increase the value of the coins held by those who are mining now, while keeping an ample money supply.

i see the merits in the argument, but i'd like to hear from the miners themselves.

That is too high

Ya I have to agree if you are going from 50 coins per block to 250 coins per block that really hurts the people who have been here since the beginning with you so I would just keep it the same or minimum double it Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:50:19 PM

Check it out, you lot need to come to http://weeklyponzi.com/ its way better than  CD and you can  5 times your investments just keep receiving and placeing them again at weeklyponzi im in profit for over 5 btc now! 100 btc gets you 30 btc in some hours. You can also watch the blockchain of the wallet paying out

K I'm reporting you buddy because this is like the 5th thread that I've posted in that you have posted this spamming link.  Now I hate to have to do this but we are here to discuss the coins not promote "Give me your coins and I'll give you double back Ponzi schemes"  Cheers

lucky it's self moderated.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:51:51 PM

That is too high

That was already addressed , sorry i should have pointed it out. the current reward of 50 is the max. I'll fix the Op

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:52:15 PM

Well sorry to lose my cool there but that's like 10 threads now where I've seen him post the exact same thing in each one lol So how is BCR coming along my friend? Hope all is working out for you as you had planned Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:52:51 PM

That is too high

Ya I have to agree if you are going from 50 coins per block to 250 coins per block that really hurts the people who have been here since the beginning with you so I would just keep it the same or minimum double it Smiley Cheers

I'll update the OP, the 250 thing was scratched since it would hurt current supporters and miners.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:57:12 PM

That is too high

I'll update the OP, the 250 thing was scratched since it would hurt current supporters and miners.
Congrats man you have learned the #1 thing when building a coin and that is to make sure you keep your community happy with your development of the coin because that in turn will lead more people to investing in your coin Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:57:48 PM

Well sorry to lose my cool there but that's like 10 threads now where I've seen him post the exact same thing in each one lol So how is BCR coming along my friend? Hope all is working out for you as you had planned Smiley

Not all of it but for the most part all is well , there is almost a weekly update and i keep discovering and improving.

currently trying to do three things at the same tie so maybe i'll hire someone once off to do a port that i need. That leaves me more time to have a version of the stats engine out by Wednesday for distribution.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:03:57 PM

Fixed the Op and took down ICO stuff, however i do not intend to hide the existence of the coins, hopefully once EmpoEx has setup a wallet and we make the address and transaction public. Maybe bittrex would hold a % as well, i am trying to get a hold of their representative.

acarterczyz

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:15:35 PM

I'm trying to make the linux wallet and I'm getting the following error:

Code:
ubuntu@ip-172-31-19-32:~/bicreditsnew/src$  make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
make: makefile.unix: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `makefile.unix'.  Stop.

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob at this.   Undecided
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:28:36 PM

I'm trying to make the linux wallet and I'm getting the following error:

Code:
ubuntu@ip-172-31-19-32:~/bicreditsnew/src$  make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
make: makefile.unix: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `makefile.unix'.  Stop.

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob at this.   Undecided

That is the old way of doing things, likely coins whose source is older than 2 years.

try the following

cd into ubuntu@ip-172-31-19-32:~/bicreditsnew

then  copy paste this :-

Code:
chmod +x autogen.sh && cd share/ && chmod +x genbuild.sh && cd .. && cd src/leveldb && chmod +x build_detect_platform && cd ../.. && ./autogen.sh &&  ./configure --disable-tests --enable-upnp-default  && make

if you are using a version on BDB that is > 4.8 add this at after the upnp flag

Code:
--with-incompatible-bdb

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 06:39:53 PM

Interesting discussion going on about decentralization and current existing models of PoS. this will have direct influence  when i start implementing interest rates much later on.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: