Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 07:16:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284491 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:36:34 PM

I've temporarily re-instated our website http://bitcredits.website/ But this will go down when i start working on the exchange again.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:59:51 PM

I have also begun work on our Wiki here:- http://bitcredit.wikia.com/wiki/Bitcredit_Wiki

hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:53:28 PM

Masternodes now in testing phase, code is available on github for review. Windows version to come once GUI tweaking is completed.

hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:29:03 PM

@bitcreditscc,

errors:-

Bank interface colors are off

Bank statistics not updating

Suggestions:-

Can we have an in-wallet messaging/chat so we can talk to you and each other off the forum?

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:30:08 PM

Masternodes now in testing phase, code is available on github for review. Windows version to come once GUI tweaking is completed.

TESTNET ONLY!!!

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:30:48 PM

@bitcreditscc,

errors:-

Bank interface colors are off

Bank statistics not updating

Suggestions:-

Can we have an in-wallet messaging/chat so we can talk to you and each other off the forum?

I'll look into it.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:08:20 PM

Hello

Masternodes are set to go live on the 31st of March. It has been a few weeks since the initial announcement so this makes it official. This date was chosen to allow more time for code review and also to thoroughly explain how to set one up, in this way we can have as many nodes as possible already active by the time the chain adapts the new rules. The in-situ implementation allows a more fluid transition by giving ample warning and time for users to update their clients.

The 0.30.15 + MN release candidate is now ready for public use, please

p2pool running steadily, please split your hash with this one too:- http://bcrp2pool.website:8776/static/p2pool-node-status/

Please report any problems you may encounter, so they can be addressed before the final version.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:24:22 AM

I would like to start a competition.

5000 BCR for a new background image for the main client.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:25:40 AM

I would like feedback :--

Would you approve of addition of a voting system to Bitcredit?

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:31:35 PM

Expansion on the idea of voting.

While working on the concepts of Banking, i realized that eventually a good business ethic and excessive funding could lead to centralization. So we need something to regulate the influence of Banks on the overall system, just the need for profit can at times not be enough incentive to maintain order and ethical business practice.

So... i came across this idea, let's introduce a credit rating system with a twist...let the people decide which is the better bank. As a customer, if you are satisfied by a Bank's performance, you can give them a thumbs up. This means that there is more at stake than just profit as a Bank, your reputation also goes on the line.

So banks serve the users, and if they fail at their jobs, they will get a low rating, thus less business.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:10:06 PM

Is there a python hashing module for this algo already ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
wasref

Activity: 555
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:36:45 PM

While working on the concepts of Banking, i realized that eventually a good business ethic and excessive funding could lead to centralization. So we need something to regulate the influence of Banks on the overall system, just the need for profit can at times not be enough incentive to maintain order and ethical business practice.

So... i came across this idea, let's introduce a credit rating system with a twist...let the people decide which is the better bank. As a customer, if you are satisfied by a Bank's performance, you can give them a thumbs up. This means that there is more at stake than just profit as a Bank, your reputation also goes on the line.

So banks serve the users, and if they fail at their jobs, they will get a low rating, thus less business.

i did say that. even if a bank node cost 50btc as long as scammers make a profit losing that 50btc is no problem to them also this feedback system would need to be moderated as some people can leave negative for no reason or just to hurt that person's account.

when i said let small players i did not mean let people with get a bank node for peanuts. my reasoning was as coins get brought up they increase in value thus reaching to a point you cannot have bank nodes and large dumps when they are released. a fixed amount of coins to unlock certain levels and limits is what you can do. something like every one starts of as beginner then pro and so on and then their limits rise too. if they mess up its from the beginning. you need to make the process long not the cost high to avoid them to scam.

ive been working on something like this for months now. il pm you what ive done then you can take it from there if you want anything as your already a step ahead and would be much better and faster than me at implementing it.
dragos_bdi

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:42:09 PM

In what way a bank can influence the overall system ?

Thank You for your tips!
BCR - 5u7KPyiHKeg6sbdvd9XhT9HHpvh5c2ppTe
BTC - 1ASJQ7SE84sgQketS2kQCTQLV3DJesYnLh
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 06:13:40 PM

Is there a stratum/python hashing module for this coin already ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:38:40 PM

Is there a python hashing module for this algo already ?

Check out our p2pool code https://github.com/bitcreditscc/p2pool

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:28:24 PM

i did say that. even if a bank node cost 50btc as long as scammers make a profit losing that 50btc is no problem to them also this feedback system would need to be moderated as some people can leave negative for no reason or just to hurt that person's account.

when i said let small players i did not mean let people with get a bank node for peanuts. my reasoning was as coins get brought up they increase in value thus reaching to a point you cannot have bank nodes and large dumps when they are released. a fixed amount of coins to unlock certain levels and limits is what you can do. something like every one starts of as beginner then pro and so on and then their limits rise too. if they mess up its from the beginning. you need to make the process long not the cost high to avoid them to scam.

ive been working on something like this for months now. il pm you what ive done then you can take it from there if you want anything as your already a step ahead and would be much better and faster than me at implementing it.

Glad to see your models are coming closer together, please check out the trust rating system, there is a very basic very rough implementation already in the code. It calculates your trust rating as an individual based on your transactional behavior and how long you have been a part of the ecosystem.

It is still incomplete (so much to do) but it already shows useable results, your rating directly affects how banks interact with you, the higher your trust rating the more "levels" you unlock. But as with any great idea i have they are almost always functional in my mind long before they are in reality. The eventual goal is that the trust rating shall be used to regulate who can be a bank, who can borrow  how much can you borrow and perhaps even instate uniform interest rates for each level.

So potential bad actors have a lot to worry about, both at the average user level and the Bankers. Trust in this system is hard earned , and once you lose it, you are done

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:56:07 PM

I know some very shrewd businessmen, especially now in the formative stages, with 60 BTC, someone could buy enough of the money supply to have massive influence on price, lending rates and many other service charges. Also he/she could spin up a ton of banks and try to force their agenda.

While i could apply a policy that could crush such ambitions i have to remain neutral and trust the market to do it's work, and i'm sure everyone agrees as lead dev i have to remain dispassionate and be objective.

So rather than a policy of dev interference, let's put policy management and policing functions in the hands of the average user. I will build in enforcement mechanisms as the concept grows, with an eventual expansion of the trust system to make it interactive, allowing you to vote for more than just a Bank, you can also vouch for a person.

dragos_bdi

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:16:47 PM

I know some very shrewd businessmen, especially now in the formative stages, with 60 BTC, someone could buy enough of the money supply to have massive influence on price, lending rates and many other service charges. Also he/she could spin up a ton of banks and try to force their agenda.

While i could apply a policy that could crush such ambitions i have to remain neutral and trust the market to do it's work, and i'm sure everyone agrees as lead dev i have to remain dispassionate and be objective.

So rather than a policy of dev interference, let's put policy management and policing functions in the hands of the average user. I will build in enforcement mechanisms as the concept grows, with an eventual expansion of the trust system to make it interactive, allowing you to vote for more than just a Bank, you can also vouch for a person.

Agree with that, but, as a "bank" or a person could influence the system, as a user.   wasref said very well that. You must counterbalance in both ways. The negative feedback must be explained by user, and must be accepted or not by the bank with arguments.
About the shrewd businessmen, that could happen if you like or not, that's the "beauty" of capitalism. With 60 BTC, yes, could have an massive influence on the market, but the market will self adjust.

Thank You for your tips!
BCR - 5u7KPyiHKeg6sbdvd9XhT9HHpvh5c2ppTe
BTC - 1ASJQ7SE84sgQketS2kQCTQLV3DJesYnLh
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 08:49:40 PM

Agree with that, but, as a "bank" or a person could influence the system, as a user.   wasref said very well that. You must counterbalance in both ways. The negative feedback must be explained by user, and must be accepted or not by the bank with arguments.
About the shrewd businessmen, that could happen if you like or not, that's the "beauty" of capitalism. With 60 BTC, yes, could have an massive influence on the market, but the market will self adjust.

The implementation is still up for discussion, and i agree there needs to be balance. The problem is that it's always easy for us to coe up with a great concept....but the code is always the bottleneck.

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 02:22:06 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 03:57:00 AM by Jesse Livermore

Shit I'm intrigued as all hell by your coin and I find your stick-to-it-iveness and problem-solving awesome, but I can't figure out how in the hell to: 1) find my address in my wallet or 2) mine this using my AMD gpu. Sorry, I'm usually a dip when it comes to .conf's and .bat's.

Edit: damn, you're responsive. Thanks for help. I think I need a DIY step-by-step guide. Basically if it ain't x11 or scrypt I'm lost.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: